• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164

I was browsing through Deviantart when I found this. I thought it was hilarious so I decided to share it with you guys.
Spongebob reference FTW. :cool:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I have a question: wuht is lif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crusade Trailer?
*looks at it*
  • Holy ****, they actually fixed the animations. They're actually putting Quality into the mix and not just Quantity.
  • Crash gets an overhaul but PAC-MAN is still his New Adventures cluster **** mess? OK then...
  • I still don't know how to play Online.
  • So, people who get a controller get a definitive advantage over keyboards. OK then...
  • SHANTAEEEEEEEE *drools*
  • Kinda strange that they only showed her idle tho, I was expecting an actual "Trailer"
  • Gooey's still here. Good. Now where's Dedede.
  • How many things are they stealing from Smash 4 with this update, exactly?
  • SHAAANTAAEEEEEE- ...*ahem*
  • Did they get rid of Tingle's gagnam style taunt yet
  • ...I still haven't finished my Mr. Game & Watch sheet. I should do that sometime.
  • I wonder if Evil Ryu exists because someone put Ice in Ryu's Water. You know he likes his water without any ice.
  • [JAWS music with Fish intensifies]
  • SHANTAEEEEEE-whyareyoustillhere
  • Classic Mode. PERFECT. Bravo on that, Crusade team. Bra-freaking-vo. Keep up the good work.
  • Gonna main Shantae
    Shantae in SM4SH when
Dedede probably isn't in yet because I know from experience that Veterans are super boring to work on. You get no places to show originality, it's just recreating animations people already made.

Gangnam Style will be removed for sure though. I think it was just an oversight originally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
After playing Hyrule Warriors and Mighty Switch Force which someone recommended me, I'd like Zelda to get a similar design for the next Smash. Not sure about you, but I like her more as a blonde and dem armpits
You know something? As unlikely as it seems, I wouldn't mind seeing Link appearing in Smash 5 as he did in Hyrule Warriors either, whether it's an alternate costume or the main color for him.

:037:

D

Deleted member

I wasn't "hired" per say. It's kind of a long story, but I'll do my best to summarize.

So long ago (when the 4 nations lived in harmony) Crusade was a fangame developed by 3 brothers. Due to infrequent progress and disagreements between the fanbase and the developers over the roster, in addition to a lack of interest from the developers, development was given to another person, Dettadeus. Det then created a new forum, and the game was to be completely restructured into a "community project" in which all information was public, and the roster would be voted on by the community.

Naturally, this attracted amateurs like myself to try and prove that we could do development nonsense. Way back when, Phoenix Wright was voted to be on the roster, so I decided to "try" and make him. Essentially, I stole sprites, claimed that I should be a member of the team, and then was banned for a while. I always felt I should make it up to them, so I tried to teach myself how to sprite, and helped in other, minor ways, such as making franchise icons. Due to the stalled progress on Wright's new sprites, I dove in and started working on him. This was before APEX 2013, where the first build of the "new" Crusade was to be showcased. As part of this build. Every existing character needed new animations for teching, lying down, and get up attacks. I again, tried to take charge, and started to work on those. This eventually earned the trust of the team, and I was added as a spriter. Things, however, only go downhill from here.

Because the APEX demo was to show the "new" Crusade, I decided to try and work on the single most complex character that could be included so we could "wow" people. That character was these two idiots:
So naturally, in the rush to get things done, I neglected important things like quality, resulting in animations like this:

Of course, Dettadeus, (who was also an Ice Climbers player) told me to redo the animations, or at least improve upon them. As I have recently discovered. People with my condition do not handle criticism well, and we instead take it as an attack on our person. So, I did the natural thing here: denied there were problems with the animations, and decided to respond with racist attacks. Yeah, not my brightest moment. At all. Super unprofessional. I did eventually redo them, Icies were completed, blah blah, showcase was successful, but as a consequence, I was left unfairly hating this guy.

So that March, (Yeah, APEX was in January, Icies were completed in early December 2012, I seriously held a grudge that long) I decided to leak the demo. Now, I technically should not have had access to the full demo at all. Spriters received special "test" builds with the current roster, and the character they sprited. (so I got a build with Wright and Ice Climbers, for example) However, a fellow spriter ended up receiving all the characters, so I asked (or maybe complained I don't remember which...) and got the rest. So I decided to leak the demo to get revenge. There were only 5 or so people that should have had access to the full thing, myself not being one of them. As a result, I would not be suspect.

However, I left in a file traceable only to myself. That file being a version of Ganondorf with a modified taunt animation. As a result, they temporarily banned me. I lied and claimed that the leak was because I was angry at the lack of workflow post APEX. I came back something like 3 weeks later. In body anyway. While I had made a full, honest apology video to the team, especially to Dettadeus, (which he had made a personal response to himself, which is quite commendable. I must have made him feel like trash) I never truly returned.

When I came back. I was still angsty, angry, and volatile for seemingly no reason. They had forgiven me. I should have moved on. This should have been over. However, on June 18th, one member made a remark about my animation quality. People with my condition take words as they are, so I have/had no idea if they were genuine or not. As a result, I flipped. Another problem with me is that I can go into extreme panic mode at the drop of a hat. I removed myself from the team, and threw out a joke about leaking again. With my behavior, they had reason to be suspect. I was not serious, and I felt they shouldn't have taken it seriously, but looking back, yeah, it was a pretty inappropriate remark. I was banned, this time indefinitely, I was told not to come back until I had recovered.

Despite this, I returned in mid July, still angry and volatile. I worked on Tingle during this time, and later went to SKTAR 2 for another showcase demo, but things felt different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but nothing was right. The truth was that the team no longer trusted me, and felt I could leak at any time. Turns out, they were right. I told one guy that I was leaving, and closed my account. However, for reasons I cannot explain, I was drawn back. I logged into the chat, and I found out the truth. Again, I flipped, and I leaked shortly afterward. I was IP Banned something like 30 times, they covered the leak by releasing the APEX Build as "0.9 TEST" the next day, and that should have been the end.

I sent numerous (actually quite insincere) apologies. The purpose of these apologies I now realize, was to return things to the way they were. This was obviously, quite impossible, and I see that now. Regardless, I did something shortly afterward that rendered all apologies null and void. In September 2013, I raided Dettadeus's (admittedly insecure) website, and downloaded Tingle's files and the Crusade character compressor. I then added Tingle to the game, and released that build. Needless to say, that did not go well.

And that brings us to the present. It's been almost 2 years, and while I know a lot more about myself, I always have reservations about messaging them. They (intelligently) ignored me then, why would it be any different now, especially 2 years later? They've moved on, and I want to as well, but I can't shake the feeling that I need to thank them. I would not be who I am without this experience, and I feel they need to know that. One thing I was told, is that if you feel like you should say thank you, it probably means you should.

Yeah, I know you only asked for the "hiring", but I got carried away and typed my whole backstory. Sorry for the slow (and needlessly long) response!
Huh... this is pretty interesting. Eh, things can sometimes turn out like this for the better. That's all I've got to say.

D

Deleted member

Huh... this is pretty interesting. Eh, things can sometimes turn out like this for the better. That's all I've got to say.
Believe me, I do feel like this was for the better. I had to fail on a colossal scale, but without this experience, I don't think I'd be the same person. Or know what's wrong me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm sure Wrighto is busy gathering "evidence."
Oh, god damnit Pheonix.
---
You can tell my School is bad when it threatens to throw me in Jail for wanting to go home, then forces me to go on a netbook all day (Ever wondered why I was so active during school days?), and then shoves me out of class whenever I go to class, and then kicks me out of school (Not expelling, just kicking me out and they didn't want me back) the literal next day, and then takes me to court without any warning except from a CAS assistance of all things

s/o to Waterford District High School and most importantly the Vice Principal
You guys are the best influences and totally not a source of trauma
Round o' Applause to you guys
:4mii://

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
You know something? As unlikely as it seems, I wouldn't mind seeing Link appearing in Smash 5 as he did in Hyrule Warriors either, whether it's an alternate costume or the main color for him.

:037:
I agree, all of their Hyrule Warriors appearances need to be alts, I would think they would put more effort into alt costumes by Smash 5 at the least.

We need this Ganondorf:

Can't go wrong with those giant blades. Don't get me started on that long, luxurious mane!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Children's "Aid" Society said there was no way I'd be taken to another household via this court
But I think that's a big fat lie due to the fact that they have been pushing to get me into another house constantly up until then

So if you see me have a mental breakdown (aside from the one below) in the middle of the thread, here's your reason why
ALL OF THIS WOULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU JUST LET ME BE HOMESCHOOLED, CAS
BUT NOOOOOO
I HAVE TO ****POST ON SMASHBOARDS ALL DAY, THAT'S "EDUCATION" AMIRITE
*insanity intenifies*

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a question: wuht is lif
Interesting question. Allow me to enlighten you......
Dictionary.com said:
LIF
Trademark.
1. Lifetime: a cable television channel.

LIF in Technology

1. Low Insertion Force.
2. Logical Interchange Format.

Related Abbreviations for LIF
LIF
1. Laser Induced Fluorescence
2. Lifetime (cable television channel)
Wikipedia said:
urbandictionary.com said:
1. Lif
A popular online game made by Gamevial, where you play as various animals, and hunt or escape to survive. It would have huge potential, if it were not for the ease found in hacking the game, and the unplayability of the singleplayer. Hackers are able to teleport, kill players from a huge distance, and make themselves invincible, which makes playing multiplayer with a hacker an infuriating experience. Singleplayer isn't much different, as the NPC creatures can tell exactly where the player is, and will immediately crowd to kill the player, making it difficult to survive for longer than a few minutes. For these reasons, Lif is sometimes known as one of the most infuriating games on the internet.

The game is also hindered by the mass of young teens claiming entire servers for their wolf RPs.

2. LIF
An acronym for “Life Is Fantastic,” LIF has its roots in ancient Greek philosophy. It has evolved over time to be included in the 21st century jargon of highly intelligent, laid-back, fun, and fashion-forward people of all ages and backgrounds who believe that a life well-lived is a life spent enjoying one’s family, friends, community, and the things that make each of us happy.

3. LIF
Least I forget

4. LIF
Life Is Fun.

An acronym that shows the user's current feeling of admiration for life. Also used as an excuse for extravagant ideas to develop into actions.

5. LIF
LIF is an acronym that comes from the 4 day Kairos retreat. One the forth day you are supposed to live out Christ's message for you. After the retreat, many of the people tell each other of "Live the Forth" or the fourth day of retreat. They can also use "LIF"

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OOOOOH ****
KNUCKLES HAS COMPETITION
AND THIS GUY DON'T CHUCKLE
...I think
He might not
Does he?
I dunno

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now someone placed a trash can with another dead animal in front of my house :4charizard:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Children's "Aid" Society said there was no way I'd be taken to another household via this court
But I think that's a big fat lie due to the fact that they have been pushing to get me into another house constantly up until then

So if you see me have a mental breakdown (aside from the one below) in the middle of the thread, here's your reason why
ALL OF THIS WOULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU JUST LET ME BE HOMESCHOOLED, CAS
BUT NOOOOOO
I HAVE TO ****POST ON SMASHBOARDS ALL DAY, THAT'S "EDUCATION" AMIRITE
*insanity intenifies*
You gotta keep your cool. It's bad if you breakdown before court even starts

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You gotta keep your cool. It's bad if you breakdown before court even starts
I am anything but "Cool"
I'm either a real-life ****poster or a crybaby
So I'm screwed :drshrug:
What the...
This is why you don't let Betas be released to the public
Only makes even more Characters be cut from the roster :troll:
RIP Sami, Lyn, Knuckles, Isaac and now this guy
*claps*

Last edited:

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
I am anything but "Cool"
I'm either a real-life ****poster or a crybaby
So I'm screwed :drshrug:

This is why you don't let Betas be released to the public
Only makes even more Characters be cut from the roster :troll:
RIP Sami, Lyn, Knuckles, Isaac and now this guy
*claps*
I find that shouting "I'm fine" in a really loud voice really relieves stress. So repeat after me!
I'M FINE!!!

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm baaack

I watched the Crusade trailer, screw Shantae, Ultra-Hand is where it's at!
Yay! Now people now the source of my avatar and don't think I'm a middle-agd guy DJing with muticolored soundwaves spreading out of me.

I was browsing through Deviantart when I found this. I thought it was hilarious so I decided to share it with you guys.
Spongebob reference FTW. :cool:
I have a sweet-tooth for Steven Universe and Spongebob references, you have recieved my gratitude and free ice-cream as thanks.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom