• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Since I'm always on mobile, I didn't even notice that I've been forgetting to update my sig for twelve episodes now.
So, I'm just putting up the makeshift English series logo instead of the Miiverse episode-specific promos I keep forgetting to change out.

(shut up, Saik, nobody cares, Saik)

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tfw you find out that BakaCirno has a similar avatar to you.

In other news, Beeterba's actually close to completion. Once he's done, I can move onto designing and drawing other characters.

So, What's Up™, Social Thread?

:094:

T

Trick or Treat

Unless you're offended by that statement, however, I wouldn't class it as sexist.

Also, please don't instigate a sexism argument here. I come here to avoid that part of the internet.
"that part of the internet"

I'm not trying to instigate an argument. I'm allowed to question why saving a prince is stranger than saving a princess, or having the genders be reversed. I had no intention of starting an argument.

You're welcome to ignore me, however.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
"that part of the internet"

I'm not trying to instigate an argument. I'm allowed to question why saving a prince is stranger than saving a princess, or having the genders be reversed. I had no intention of starting an argument.

You're welcome to ignore me, however.
I don't mean to be abrasive. I'm just sick of seeing conflicts over sexism, feminism or anything related to expression of gender, both in the real world and on the internet.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I don't mean to be abrasive. I'm just sick of seeing conflicts over sexism, feminism or anything related to expression of gender, both in the real world and on the internet.
I guess it would be cool if it was the opposite.

1,000th post

T

Trick or Treat

Thank's for the image. "saved" Another Gender bender in my collection.:4wario2:
The artist's gallery has a bunch of others.

http://jollyrose.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-of-Plumbers-Walouise-395341710

In this case it is a legitimate question/concern. I hope you don't group me in with that Anita chick, or whoever. She and her followers give feminism a bad name.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also since i am a SPM fan. I have to show this too.
It's OK. And keep and mind that i don't to do debate about sex or anything.

Soul.

I see the thread is quiet as it was yesterday. God bless.
Also, feminism. Meh, whenever I hear that I just try to stray away from that kind of topíc; it just results in arguments no matter how kind they are.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
In this case it is a legitimate question/concern. I hope you don't group me in with that Anita chick, or whoever. She and her followers give feminism a bad name.
I wasn't grouping you with anyone. It's just when I see anything that could lead into an argument/discussion related to sex/gender/feminism/sexism/etc, my mind switches to "NOPE. NOPE. NO. DERAIL. PLEASE."

For the record, I treat everyone equally, regardless of gender, but I'm not gonna act like I'm promoting gender diversity on purpose. So I'd rather avoid talks relating to sex/gender as a whole.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Straw feminism is quite a first world problem. To make it worse, their stories are the only ones the media usually pick up.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Can somebody please give me a TL;DR version of the Gamergate dilemma? Because I never really got it, to be honest.

T

Trick or Treat

I see the thread is quiet as it was yesterday. God bless.
Also, feminism. Meh, whenever I hear that I just try to stray away from that kind of topíc; it just results in arguments no matter how kind they are.
As long as people, both men and women, understand the true definition and meaning of feminism, then there should be no reason for arguments.

Keyword is "should"
I wasn't grouping you with anyone. It's just when I see anything that could lead into an argument/discussion related to sex/gender/feminism/sexism/etc, my mind switches to "NOPE. NOPE. NO. DERAIL. PLEASE."

For the record, I treat everyone equally, regardless of gender, but I'm not gonna act like I'm promoting gender diversity on purpose. So I'd rather avoid talks relating to sex/gender as a whole.
Good, because I am nothing like her. She is trash, at least as a "feminist".

She would say that it is wrong that in games like Mario, it is a damsel in distress. And then go on to say how Mario is anti-female. As a woman myself, I personally don't mind if the large majority of games involve the woman needing to be saved. it's a video game, who cares.

Coolheaded people can talk about it without losing it. People like Anita, though...no.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Note to self: Never research on Chris-Chan again.

Not only his more recent escapades were cringeworthy, but he looks even worse than he originally was. And this is the same guy who was arrested for Boom Sonic's blue arms of all things. :rolleyes:

Soul.

As long as people, both men and women, understand the true definition and meaning of feminism, then there should be no reason for arguments.

Keyword is "should"

She would say that it is wrong that in games like Mario, it is a damsel in distress. And then go on to say how Mario is anti-female. As a woman myself, I personally don't mind if the large majority of games involve the woman needing to be saved. it's a video game, who cares.

Coolheaded people can talk about it without losing it. People like Anita, though...no.
Unfortunately, though, I don't think people will ever realize its true definition because instead of doing something else, they provoke themselves until they reach the 'argument point.' It's kinda stupid but make of that what you will, haha.
I also see nothing wrong with a woman being saved; it's just people being... well, dumb*****.

D

Deleted member

Not only his more recent escapades were cringeworthy, but he looks even worse than he originally was. And this is the same guy who was arrested for Boom Sonic's blue arms of all things. :rolleyes:
Looked him up on ED, the best wiki of all time? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I'm most surprised he has a wiki site, and that it documents his life.

By the way, I just glanced through it... at one point, he was... a tomgirl. There was a picture.

...I gagged.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Keyword is "should"

Anita Sarkeesian is the type of person who ignites the kind of primal rage that makes you want to go against an entire movement just to spite that one person, because even any valid arguments they bring up get tainted by all the invalid ones and, therefore, look just as ridiculous. Because of that, anyone who brings up the valid points alone afterwards is also treated as a laughingstock.
She's actively dangerous to feminism. I admit that, multiple times, I've had to actively stop myself from thinking: "I'd rather be one of the bad guys than agree with HER."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looking up Chris-Chan immediately shows his Encyclopaedia Drammatica page. Boy, that page is quite colourful, heh heh.

:231:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looked him up on ED, the best wiki of all time? :troll:
Not Encyclopedia Dramatica, but a real wiki decicated to him like @ TJ-Works TJ-Works said. Soon as I've got around to reading his documentation on his "sweetheart" and recent pride attendances, I could have swore that brain cells were lost.

Also, I've seen the original video of his assault of that said GameStop employee. I could barely recognize him due to forgetting that he's transgender nowadays.

D

Deleted member

I stopped caring for ED the moment they began to take my article seriously.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At this point I wonder if anyone will remember him for Sonichu. It's gotten to the point to where he's like his own reality show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom