• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyway hey those starters actually look pretty cool! It's a shame that Gamefreak is really really bad at making good grass starters. Poor Rowlet, destroyed by ice beam before the game even releases. I personally think that a grass starter that becomes grass/rock and is like, maybe a stegosaurus, brontosaurus, or triceratops would be really cool. I think rock would be great coverage and grass types need all the help they can get.
The funny thing is, Bulbasaur originally had a double weakness against Bug-type attacks until the 2nd generation fixed up the type match-up chart.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Man, 2 sludge piles, a seal, magnets, a duck with a stick and a turtle.. Nintendo clearly has ran out of ideas.
You know I feel kinda dumb now, I was gonna make this big post about character designs and nature and technology and Magnemite, but I looked it up and realized Klefki isnt as dumb as he looks (I thought he was literal keys, not that he collects them). It was many people's go-to insult for new pokemon, so I kinda went with it for way too long without looking it up. And its not like gen 1 was some bastion of creativity, with Magneton and Dugtrio and Poliwrath, so I guess your sarcastic remark has made its point.

These new starters still look lame tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(holding out for cool evolutions still)

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
The only oft-lampooned Pokemon I really agree with is Trubbish/Garbodor. Not because he's a silly concept, because the idea of a mutant Pokemon coming out of the garbage of a rapidly expanding civilization isn't that weird, especially since Grimer/Muk apparently came about the same way through toxic waste, but because he just looks so unimaginative. Trash golems aren't that rare a concept and usually manage to look quite imposing. But Trubbish is just a literal sack of trash. Really now.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I've learned everything I want to know, really. Legendaries, starters, and the region. Now to try and avoid news, CoroCoro, and the like until November. I went into every generation blind except for the sixth. X & Y kinda got spoiled for me because they showed off so many Pokemon, which wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for what little total new Pokemon we actually ended up getting compared to other regions.

Very curious to see what becomes of the new starters. Hopefully none of them end up being less-than useful like the Unova starters. Grass/Flying is already a pretty weak type, so I'm already a bit concerned with Rowlet's future. Popplio looks like he may end up like Oshawott, but I'm keeping an open mind on him. I'm expecting Water/Fairy from him. All I ask for Litten is that he stays on all four legs.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I've learned everything I want to know, really. Legendaries, starters, and the region. Now to try and avoid news, CoroCoro, and the like until November. I went into every generation blind except for the sixth. X & Y kinda got spoiled for me because they showed off so many Pokemon, which wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for what little total new Pokemon we actually ended up getting compared to other regions.

Very curious to see what becomes of the new starters. Hopefully none of them end up being less-than useful like the Unova starters. Grass/Flying is already a pretty weak type, so I'm already a bit concerned with Rowlet's future. Popplio looks like he may end up like Oshawott, but I'm keeping an open mind on him. I'm expecting Water/Fairy from him. All I ask for Litten is that he stays on all four legs.
Going blind into pokemon seems so weird to me in the age of internet (and even before thanks to the anime), but I can see the appeal clearly. Good luck dodging all of that info dude, it aint going to be easy if you stay online.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've warmed up to Rowlet I guess.

Litten is still the most appealing of the trio, imo. I hope the resulting evolutions are cool, just like how Samurott lookss o much better despite Oshawott's goofy appearance.

I hope we get more pokémon based on rare animals though. And we get a good number of new mons, more importantly.

:231:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Straight up all I really want is trainer customization to come back. I hate how Game Freak apparently thinks additions to the series should be dropped for the next iteration of the games, except for a handful of things I find completely unappealing like endurance battles that cheat increasingly harder the deeper you go.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Straight up all I really want is trainer customization to come back. I hate how Game Freak apparently thinks additions to the series should be dropped for the next iteration of the games, except for a handful of things I find completely unappealing like endurance battles that cheat increasingly harder the deeper you go.
True, but it seems like they might be going back to it thankfully:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only oft-lampooned Pokemon I really agree with is Trubbish/Garbodor. Not because he's a silly concept, because the idea of a mutant Pokemon coming out of the garbage of a rapidly expanding civilization isn't that weird, especially since Grimer/Muk apparently came about the same way through toxic waste, but because he just looks so unimaginative. Trash golems aren't that rare a concept and usually manage to look quite imposing. But Trubbish is just a literal sack of trash. Really now.
Hey we had air and sea pollution so land pollution based pokemon was gonna happen eventually.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
https://twitter.com/pero_ppafu/status/730059374098452483

Anyway, I too want to try to avoid things. Mainly that it's been a long, long time since I went into a pokemon gen without really knowing anything about it (Gen 3 I think?) and it's definitely less interesting when you know all that's coming. Hopefully they'll have a good selection of new 'mons. It'll definitely be tempting to see what the new stuff will be, but sadly when I was playing X, I already knew pretty much which pokemon I wanted to use. I'm really gonna try to limit it to knowing the starters (and only their base forms) this time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember how the 4th generation's battle facilities had the IVs of the opposing Pokemon set to 0. But then starting with the 5th generation, their IVs were set to 20, and even 30.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They only took it out cause it didn't exist in gen 3.

Arrei

Smash Lord
They only took it out cause it didn't exist in gen 3.
Doesn't mean they had to take it out. And it's not the first thing they've randomly taken out for no good reason, like BW2's unlockable hard mode, or being followed by your favorite Poke.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The owl is amazing. Maybe one of the coolest starters overall. But this is not surprising, Grass always looks as cool as a cucumber.

The cat is generic and the seal looks off-putting. But to be fair, the seal looks better in motion than a still drawing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The owl is amazing. Maybe one of the coolest starters overall. But this is not surprising, Grass always looks as cool as a cucumber.

The cat is generic and the seal looks off-putting. But to be fair, the seal looks better in motion than a still drawing.
I can't wait to see their final forms.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I don't think I've seen you in a while. How've you been? :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Personally, i like all the new starter in their own.
Tough, i think i am more fan of the owl.:p
Anyway, we will see if their evolution are better or not.:estatic: (Tough, i don't really care to be honest)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I don't think I've seen you in a while. How've you been? :p

I have been great. But I have not been here for awhile because Smash speculation has ended and I got deeply involved in politics as a Bernie Sanders supporter. Alas, I could not get my state of CT to pick him, but we were close!

Now that pokemon speculation is here, I will check in more often.

How have things been holding up the fort here?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nevermind... Unless we gets 279 pokemon this gen it won't happen.

Though to make up for the 70 last gen I wouldn't be against it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
what was the percentage of the Water in Aloha again 80 something? does this mean we're going to need to utilize a few boats or swim on top of pokemon for the majority of the time :dazwa:? inb4 more Pacifidlog type towns :lol:. hopefully this region will give us the Water/Fire type not including Volcanion or Grass/fire type pokemon :b:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Rowlet is great! I'm definitely going to pick that one! At first I wasn't a big fan of Litten but it slowly grows on me and I'm curious to Popplio's final evolution. The moon legendary looks great, I like it over the Sun one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, 2 sludge piles, a seal, magnets, a duck with a stick and a turtle.. Nintendo clearly has ran out of ideas.
I never liked this argument too much. Just because some people dislike newer pokemon designs doesn't mean they see all the old ones as perfect designs. Muk is uninspired as all hell. Many people still say that. Seel is alright, but again, uninspired. That new seal Pokemon has a slightly awkward shape though. That's what's keeping me from liking it so much.

That said, I still like Magnizone and it's previous forms. Same with weird ass Chandelure(great typing).

Klefki is still lame as hell to me. Sorry but it's just as garbage as Muk/Vanillite/and the literal garbage Pokemon, to me anyway.

True, but it seems like they might be going back to it thankfully:
An extra skin tone? Good. Now let's hope the haircuts for Male characters are decent this time around.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I got smash wii u mods working. I can replace the opening video with never gonna give you up, edit movesets and do stuff. it was a lot less tedious than 3DS modding, which I got set up a month or 2 ago.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
My family's being sued, and it's been a long time since I was this pissed.
About 2-3 years ago, we hired a maid and we ended up firing her last year since we heavily believed she killed one of our pets.
Not content with that, she decided to sue our family today as she was apparently pregnant when we fired her.
I don't know about the laws where you guys live, but here, if a woman is pregnant, she is allowed to work a few more weeks before being fired.
But, of course, she didn't tell us at the time. And now, one year later she wants to sue us for not knowing about something she hid from us? And knowing how skewered the law system is here, I don't have much hope.
Jesus Christ, the fact that there are such leeches out there looking to take advantage of people fills me with an unmeasurable amount of anger.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My family's being sued, and it's been a long time since I was this pissed.
About 2-3 years ago, we hired a maid and we ended up firing her last year since we heavily believed she killed one of our pets.
Not content with that, she decided to sue our family today as she was apparently pregnant when we fired her.
I don't know about the laws where you guys live, but here, if a woman is pregnant, she is allowed to work a few more weeks before being fired.
But, of course, she didn't tell us at the time. And now, one year later she wants to sue us for not knowing about something she hid from us? And knowing how skewered the law system is here, I don't have much hope.
Jesus Christ, the fact that there are such leeches out there looking to take advantage of people fills me with an unmeasurable amount of anger.
As my dad said literally while I was reading this but about something else.

"People are real pricks".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Disney is completely dropping Disney Infinity. I think their whole internal games division is shut down.

I doubt this means outsourced games will get canned. Since a Spider-Man game handled by the InFamous studio is supposedly happening.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So Disney is completely dropping Disney Infinity. I think their whole internal games division is shut down.

I doubt this means outsourced games will get canned. Since a Spider-Man game handled by the InFamous studio is supposedly happening.

THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Made a post about this in the NintenZone and the Disney thread, but as a fan of the game, it's incredibly saddening. They didn't even get to make Goofy or Doctor Strange. :(

Also I love Rowlet and Popplio, but at the same time I'm not much of a Litten fan at all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Huh. Interesting how in the Disco Room everyone loves Rowlet but here everyone's like "Rowlet is lame and boring"
because they like the cat way more

On the other end, cat loving tumblr love Rowlet to death and I agree, I love Rowlet
Also I love Rowlet and Popplio, but at the same time I'm not much of a Litten fan at all.
I'm glad Im not the only one not a fan of the cat

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Litten looks like my cat, so I might choose it.

But yeah, Rowlet is love, Rowlet is life.

Actually I like the 3 starters a lot, so the decision is going to be hard for me.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I never liked this argument too much. Just because some people dislike newer pokemon designs doesn't mean they see all the old ones as perfect designs. Muk is uninspired as all hell. Many people still say that.
Perhaps, but I think you're not considering the context.

That is, pokes like Trubbish and Klefki are usually brought up to say that the new gens are uninspired, as if the existence of a few blah mons invalidates the whole gen's roster. And if that were true, then every gen would therefore be stupid because we have the likes of Muk, Stunfisk, Feebas aka Magikarp v2, etc., making the argument silly at best.

But yeah, I love Rowlet's head rotations too much. Especially since it appears to be totally seamless on its model, so his face practically just spins around like goddamn Yeta from Zelda Twilight Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom