• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The funny thing about emulating White Version 2 on your computer is that none of your Pokemon gain any experience after any battle. You'd basically have to play the game on an actual DS or 3DS system.
I actually read about that, and it turns out, if the ROM is patched, then you're good to go.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Rant alert!

I'm definitely late in this, but I just read that Magearna is Steel/Fairy type. I am disappointed. Why did they do it? It is NOT! a good idea. And it is THIRD! Pokemon with that type combination.

Yes, I am mad. How, and why would anyone come up with so obnoxious idea as "Lets take a type with only 2 weaknesses, and mix it with other type so it won't be weak against any of them, and also this removes one of the other type's few weaknesses!"

I know no one is actually going to use Magearna, but I'm just mad about this type thing, because I think this kind of things just remove some fun of the game. Yes, I also know that I am not forced to play any of the Pokemon games, and I know this type combination is not too frequent in the games (still too frequent, considering it is a new type and one of the rarest types), and I also know that I could just deal with it, but it does not make the Steel/Fairy type any less bad idea.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it weird that my computer can run L4D2 at constant 50 - 60 FPS, but not Pokémon Black 2 & White 2? My framerate goes all over the place. At this point, I'm thinking of just buying the game off of Amazon or going to Gamestop myself and purchasing it if they still have it.
From what I've heard and tested, a game's speed in Desmume depends mostly on your processor speed, not your RAM.

I don't really understand why.

:231:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rant alert!

I'm definitely late in this, but I just read that Magearna is Steel/Fairy type. I am disappointed. Why did they do it? It is NOT! a good idea. And it is THIRD! Pokemon with that type combination.

Yes, I am mad. How, and why would anyone come up with so obnoxious idea as "Lets take a type with only 2 weaknesses, and mix it with other type so it won't be weak against any of them, and also this removes one of the other type's few weaknesses!"

I know no one is actually going to use Magearna, but I'm just mad about this type thing, because I think this kind of things just remove some fun of the game. Yes, I also know that I am not forced to play any of the Pokemon games, and I know this type combination is not too frequent in the games (still too frequent, considering it is a new type and one of the rarest types), and I also know that I could just deal with it, but it does not make the Steel/Fairy type any less bad idea.
Just in case anyone has forgotten, before the 6th generation, the Steel-type was resistant to Ghost-type and Dark-type attacks. That made the Steel/Psychic-type combination quite good, as only Fire-type and Ground-type attacks were super effective against it.

Bronzong was definitely at its prime at that time as one of the best Trick Room users out there, since with the Levitate ability, it was only weak against Fire-type attacks, while the Mold Breaker ability was needed to enable Ground-type attacks to hit it. As of the 6th generation, however, Bronzong has lost its high viability with the removal of the Steel-type's resistance to Ghost-type and Dark-type attacks.

Steel/Fairy is supposed to be like the new Steel/Psychic, but Steel/Fairy has some differences with its resistances when compared to the pre-6th generation Steel/Psychic-type.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
From what I've heard and tested, a game's speed in Desmume depends mostly on your processor speed, not your RAM.

I really understand why.

I'm no computer geek, so I haven't the slightest clue as to what those words mean. I also heard that Black 2 is probably one of the most graphically intense games for the DS, so there's that.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Oh my god Danganronpa Abridged is one of the funniest things I've seen
"No. Hands off the artificial intelligence. If either one of you as so much looks as it, so help me, I'm going to - crush your collective ********* like grapes, where the hell is it."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm no computer geek, so I haven't the slightest clue as to what those words mean. I also heard that Black 2 is probably one of the most graphically intense games for the DS, so there's that.
Well... Do you know the GHz spec of a motherboard? (at least look that up, it's usually 1.8 to 3.2 GHz). The emulator's speed is dependent on that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My GHz spec is 1.70. I'm guessing that's below average?
It is. I believe you need at least 2.4 GHz for BW2 to run properly.

During usual gameplay, I think you'll get about 30-40 fps.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It is. I believe you need at least 2.4 GHz for BW2 to run properly.

During usual gameplay, I think you'll get about 30-40 fps.

Ah well. Physical copy of the game it is for me, then. Prices should be decently low at this time of year.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
"No. Hands off the artificial intelligence. If either one of you as so much looks as it, so help me, I'm going to - crush your collective ********* like grapes, where the hell is it."
"Let's show these dense mother****ers some logic."
It's a goldmine of quotes.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Rant alert!

I always found it funny how something as unthreatning-sounding as a "Fairy-type" actually ended up being broken.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always found it funny how something as unthreatning-sounding as a "Fairy-type" actually ended up being broken.
And even then, the stronger Dragon-types have attacks that can help cover their issues against the Fairy-types. Garchomp may hate Fairy-type attacks, but it can downright wipe out a lot of Fairy-types with Earthquake or Iron Head while holding the Life Orb.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
And even then, the stronger Dragon-types have attacks that can help cover their issues against the Fairy-types. Garchomp may hate Fairy-type attacks, but it can downright wipe out a lot of Fairy-types with Earthquake or Iron Head while holding the Life Orb.
On the subject of fairies, it bothers me how they did nothing to differentiate the new fairy Jigglypuff from the old normal Jigglypuff. I mean, she's magic, make her sparkle and shimmer and glow and all that.

Guile lookin good eh. Cant wait to play him
Ooh, Mall Cop Guile. I like.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1. Excellent. Probably one of my favorite games now. The mix between Phoenix Wright + Battle Royale + And Then There Were None really works out. Though I wish the word "DESPAIR" wasn't thrown in your face so many times.
2. Noooot quite... I suspected it immediatly when I noticed the final corpse's hair. Compared it to their picture and the dots just connected. Though I wasn't expecting them to have that many screws missing.
3. Not sure why I would have feelings for Hiro, could you explain?
1. I'm glad, it's a great game.
2. Yeah my friend saw it coming when we watched the anime together.
3. I meant if you liked him or not haha! Guess I should've worded that better.

On another note....

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/04...o-joins-creative-team-for-homestuck-webcomic/
I just cannot escape can I

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
1. I'm glad, it's a great game.
2. Yeah my friend saw it coming when we watched the anime together.
3. I meant if you liked him or not haha! Guess I should've worded that better.

On another note....

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/04...o-joins-creative-team-for-homestuck-webcomic/
I just cannot escape can I
I found Hiro really amusing ("I'm at least thirty-percent right!"), especially when he tells his story about his burger almost being abducted but wasn't for not being 100% beef/pork. Though his stupidity pissed me off in the trials, specially when you have to spend the first nonstop debate on trial 5 to prove that Kyoko's not a ghost because of him. But I was not expecting him to last so long.

When it comes to favorite characters, mine's Kirigiri, no doubt. (Clever, mysterious, and brave? Perfect waifu material) Some people complain about her "betrayal" on chapter 5 (whose name makes NO sense btw, wtf does "A 100 mile dash, pain of a junk food junkie" has to do with anything?), but I really don't see it as that. She gave Makoto a way to defend himself via her account, she knew he knew she was lying and could've called her out, but he opted to keep quiet out of his own volition, and unlike Sayaka, she didn't try to frame him; she was just carrying out the trial as normal.

But, it really disappoints me how this game is... So predictable. The first murderer is revealed with just a single clue (11037). I wasn't able to guess the second killer until their "I never said it was poison" moment on the trial. The third true blackened was obvious due to how they suddenly turn hostile towards you. The fourth murderer was pretty simple to discover (locked room mystery + a bad reputation amongst your only friends + poison didn't leave a lot of room for doubt). The fifth one was the same thing once you find out they had a double.

Also Danganronpa 2 dropped onto Steam so I might get that later.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I have a suspsicion that people who believe Ridley is actually too big for Smash don't have very much experience in fighting games;

Because clearly other fighting games have no issue with titanic characters. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think Ridley is too big but basically I have no strong feelings for him one way or the other (aka, he's neither a deal maker or deal breaker for me).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
On the subject of fairies, it bothers me how they did nothing to differentiate the new fairy Jigglypuff from the old normal Jigglypuff. I mean, she's magic, make her sparkle and shimmer and glow and all that.

Ooh, Mall Cop Guile. I like.
They didn't change Ny pokemon so why would Jigglypuff be any different?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That came out of nowhere. Why are we discussing Ridley again?

I suppose he deserves to be in, being Metroid's main villain and all, but his fanbase kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This sounds good.

Actually, I think the part played in the trailer and the preview are different parts. I could clearly hear the melody in the trailer.

So all is well.

Yeah, the trailer is where the theme kicks in, funny enough right where the preview seems to end. We get the whole theme technically.

I can't wait to jam to it myself.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So I've installed Brawl- now.

I think I have a new favourite Smash game that's not PM. Once Waluigi drops in the full version of 4.0, I think I'll be ready to potentially replace Pit with Ridley in my copy.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Brawl- is amazingly fun.

666% damage :ganondorf: is nothing to snort at.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I've installed Brawl- now.

I think I have a new favourite Smash game that's not PM. Once Waluigi drops in the full version of 4.0, I think I'll be ready to potentially replace Pit with Ridley in my copy.
It's my favorite Smash game that's not Smash 4. You wanna know something funny? The goal of Brawl- is to break everybody into absurdity, but Meta Knight was barely changed.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Giiva is a ****ing genius.

WARNING: This video WILL make you fall off your chair.

I was expecting GRAND DAD to suddenly appear causing the guy to fall off his snowmobile.
I was kinda disappointed. That is, until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom