• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Isn't the Wii U as powerful as the PS4 and XB1? It can play 8-player Smash at 1080p 60 fps after all.
I don't exactly know, but at least one game, Project Cars, could not run smoothly on WiiU,and thus it was cancelled for WiiU. Other consoles could run it fine. Probably there is more similar cases but this one caught my attention when it was announced.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A touch based controller doesn't lend itself to serious gaming at all. That' s my biggest gripe with the rumoured NX one.
Isn't the Wii U as powerful as the PS4 and XB1? It can play 8-player Smash at 1080p 60 fps after all.

:231:
The Wii U is about as powerful as the PS3. I really do think that Nintendo should focus on hardware this time.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Wow, The Escapists is bloody ****ing impossible.
Also, I really hope the NX won't have any gimmicks (other than the console/mobile hybrid).

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I wonder if the Wii U would have flopped as hard as the Virtual Boy if it weren't for Sm4sh

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Nothing is true, everything is balls

Also just to be clear WiiU, power wise, isnt anywhere CLOSE to PS4 but is somewhere a little above Xbox 360. Pretty much exactly like when Wii came out and was a stronger GameCube, but in terms of raw power it just couldnt do the things Xbox 360 could.

The reason why theyr games manage to both look and run the same or better than on competitors systems is because Nintendo has magician programmers and designers it would seem, they really know how to squeeze the juice out of the hardware, which is probably why theyr consoles are so underpowered all the time probably, because thats all THEY need, while other companies just arent as skilled.

Like, a PS4 game made by Nintendo would destroy minds.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Nothing is true, everything is balls

Also just to be clear WiiU, power wise, isnt anywhere CLOSE to PS4 but is somewhere a little above Xbox 360. Pretty much exactly like when Wii came out and was a stronger GameCube, but in terms of raw power it just couldnt do the things Xbox 360 could.

The reason why theyr games manage to both look and run the same or better than on competitors systems is because Nintendo has magician programmers and designers it would seem, they really know how to squeeze the juice out of the hardware, which is probably why theyr consoles are so underpowered all the time probably, because thats all THEY need, while other companies just arent as skilled.

Like, a PS4 game made by Nintendo would destroy minds.
Then let's hope that NX has more advanced hardware. Would be shame if their witchcraft was held back by limited hardware. I must say that is pretty impressive that they are still confident enough that they do not make hardware their main selling point, like other companies do.

D

Deleted member

MAKE

LARGER

POSTS.

I guess people are just too used to Disco Room threads that they forgot what kinds of posts should be posted in this thread. Soon, they may go as far as double posting even though it's not allowed in the "normal" boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I'll retool the Pokemon Typing at some point. Anyway...

Let's say Nintendo decides to put almost all potential fighters, arenas, tools, and other stuff of their entire history in one Smash.

Looking at their entire History and collection, how much would that bring?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'll retool the Pokemon Typing at some point. Anyway...

Let's say Nintendo decides to put almost all potential fighters, arenas, tools, and other stuff of their entire history in one Smash.

Looking at their entire History and collection, how much would that bring?
Enough to still be unlocking things after seven years of playing. I have always wanted to fight as L'Arachel against Kanbei, Mr. Shine and Beastman on Omega Football Pitch, though.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Enough to still be unlocking things after seven years of playing. I have always wanted to fight as L'Arachel against Kanbei, Mr. Shine and Beastman on Omega Football Pitch, though.
Mr. Shine... I don't know who he is, but it sounds too much like something Melee hell would come up with.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
All this NX talk makes me want to say a pun... what's the NX-t rumor going to be about? Another ridiculous controller design? Launch games? Hardware?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What do you call an alligator in a vest?
Investigator.
What do you call an alligator with a looking glass?
Investigator.
What do you call an alligator with a GPS?
Navigator.
What do you call an alligator in the marine?
Navy-gator.
#recylejokes

D

Deleted member

Also, I really hope the NX won't have any gimmicks (other than the console/mobile hybrid).
Knowing Nintendo, it probably will. Though I don't think it's going to be this "hybrid" thing a lot of people are talking about, as I figure that'd just be unpractical. You'd have a severely underpowered home console and a handheld that would last 5 minutes of battery life (and would get rather warm) all at once. If anything, I would just assume NX is a home console that features a "selling point" in its controller, as was the case with Wii and Wii U.

One would think they'd come up with a new handheld first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Everything is pointing out to NX being a home console. The pattern set by Nintendo DS in 2004 (and Wii in 2006) was that they'd launch the handheld first, and then the home console. Nintendo 3DS launched in 2011 while Wii U launched a year later, so seeing a home console break this pattern is weird.

Before his death in July 2015, Iwata did state they were working on having the home console and handheld share the same operating system and architecture. This was pretty evident after Nintendo did some restructuring in January 2013, integrating its portable and home console hardware development divisions into one single group. Perhaps there may not be a hybrid, but the handheld and home console may be able to share the same library of games.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Perhaps there may not be a hybrid, but the handheld and home console may be able to share the same library of games.
But what's the point of buying both systems then? No exclusives so no need to buy them both. Just better graphics and multiplayer isn't going to sell the home console.
I agree with you the NX pointing to be a home console and home console only, though. I don't really believe in that hybrid thing as I have no idea how that could work.

D

Deleted member

But what's the point of buying both systems then? No exclusives so no need to buy them both. Just better graphics and multiplayer isn't going to sell the home console.
I agree with you the NX pointing to be a home console and home console only, though. I don't really believe in that hybrid thing as I have no idea how that could work.
Some games like Pokémon don't work very well in home consoles (except for games specifically designed for them, like Colosseum / XD / Battle Revolution), so there should be some exclusives in both platforms. The idea (according to Iwata) is to avoid software shortages during the launch periods of new systems.

I kind of want the next handheld to be revealed alongside NX, but I don't see that happening given how well the 3DS is doing right now. Pokémon is getting a new batch of games for the system this year, so that's another reason as to why it may not happen.

I have no idea where do people get this whole "hybrid" thing from. It's either from a bunch of flawed rumors or just a lack of understanding of the idea behind sharing the same operating system and architecture between the two systems. I think these two posts made by Hero of Legend from NeoGAF provide some valid points to the discussion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I was havin' a good time, browsing the internet, and then I find this hardcore gem.

Just to be clear, this is a remix of the original song, but holy **** have I never listened to something so intense but amazing in a while. By listening to it alone, I've probably grown a mustache without knowing it and pumped with so much testosterone that Broly would be jealous about how ripped I got. Okay, maybe that was bit too far, but it's still a good song in my opinion. :smirk:

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I got bored, so I thought "What if the credits theme was based on the character used to clear Classic/All-Star, like Brawl and Melee?" I decided to keep the themes based on the vanilla Smash for Wii U unless the character comes with music, so no music from any of the DLC stages, unless it comes with one of the characters.

:4bayonetta: - Let's Dance, Boys!
:4bowser: - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
:4bowserjr: - Athletic / Ground Theme (NSMB2)
:4falcon: - Brain Cleaner
:4charizard: - Pokemon Gym / Evolution (Red/Blue)
:4cloud: - Fight On!
:4corrin: - Lost In Thoughts All Alone (Remix)
:4dedede: - King Dedede's Theme (Brawl Version)
:4darkpit: - Dark Pit's Theme
:4diddy: - Stickerbrush Symphony
:4dk: - Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocals)
:4drmario: - Chill (Dr. Mario) Ver. 1
:4duckhunt: - Duck Hunt Medley
:4falco: - Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream
:4fox: - Corneria (Brawl)
:4ganondorf: - Gerudo Valley (Remix)
:4greninja: - Battle! (Champion) (X/Y)
:4myfriends: - Ike's Theme
:4jigglypuff: - Pokemon Center (Red/Blue)
:4kirby: - Forest / Nature Area
:4littlemac: - Minor Circuit (NES)
:4link: - The Hidden Village
:4lucario: - Route 209 (Diamond/Pearl)
:4lucas: - Mother 3 Love Theme
:4lucina: - Conquest (Ablaze)
:4luigi: - Luigi's Mansion Series Medley
:4mario: - Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley
:4marth: - Shadow Dragon Medley
:4megaman: - Cut Man Stage
:4metaknight: - Celestial Valley
:4mewtwo: - Poke Floats
:4mii: - Wii Sports Resort Ver. 2 or Credits (SSB) Ver. 2
:4gaw: - Flat Zone
:4ness: - Smiles and Tears
:4olimar: - Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
:4pacman: - Namco Arcade '80's Retro Medley 2
:4palutena: - In the Space-Pirate Ship
:4peach: - Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Medley
:4pikachu: - Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
:4pit: - Lightning Chariot Base
:4rob: - Stack-Up / Gyromite
:4robinm: - Id (Purpose)
:rosalina: - Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme
:4feroy: - Winning Road / Roy's Hope
:4ryu: - Ryu Stage
:4samus: - Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
:4sheik: - Song of Storms
:4shulk: - Engage the Enemy
:4sonic: - Reach for the Stars
:4tlink: - The Great Sea / Menu Select
:4villager: - Outdoors at 7 p.m. (Sunny) / Main Street
:4wario: - Ruins (Wario Land: Shake It!)
:4wiifit: - Skateboard Arena (Free Mode)
:4yoshi: - Yoshi's Island
:4zelda: - Ballad of the Goddess
:4zss: - Ending (Metroid)
For Fun, here's the lost Smashers as well:
:popo: - Ice Climber
:wolf: - Star Wolf's Theme / Sector Z
:squirtle: - Pokemon Main Theme (Red/Blue)
:ivysaur: - Pokemon Stadium
:snake: - MGS4 Theme of Love (Brawl Version) (This is assuming he brings back his own music)
:pichumelee: - Pokemon Stadium 2
:younglinkmelee: - Hyrule Field Theme (Remix)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When you play Virtual Console games on the 3DS, do you prefer being pixel perfect/original resolution, or to fit the screen?

I personally like having the Gameboy as the border around the original Pokemon games, and I like having EarthBound in original resolution so far.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Wow, no posts for more than seven hours.

Some games like Pokémon don't work very well in home consoles (except for games specifically designed for them, like Colosseum / XD / Battle Revolution), so there should be some exclusives in both platforms. The idea (according to Iwata) is to avoid software shortages during the launch periods of new systems.
I guess that would be great. Every console and handheld in the past has had software shortages in the first couple of months. Just look at the launch titles. It's all third party stuff, remakes (Super Mario 64 DS) or ports (Pilotwings Resort).

I kind of want the next handheld to be revealed alongside NX, but I don't see that happening given how well the 3DS is doing right now. Pokémon is getting a new batch of games for the system this year, so that's another reason as to why it may not happen.
I think the DS had the longest lifespan with 8 years, from somewhere in 2004 until Black 2/White 2 in 2012 (when the 3DS was already out for a year!). No competition anymore as Sony went out of the handheld market too (they did, didn't they?). And the N3DS may have extended the lifespan of it as well.
Personally, I don't mind if I have to wait longer. I really like the 3DS, it has an amazing library.

I have no idea where do people get this whole "hybrid" thing from. It's either from a bunch of flawed rumors or just a lack of understanding of the idea behind sharing the same operating system and architecture between the two systems. I think these two posts made by Hero of Legend from NeoGAF provide some valid points to the discussion.
I see. That's pretty interesting.

When you play Virtual Console games on the 3DS, do you prefer being pixel perfect/original resolution, or to fit the screen?

I personally like having the Gameboy as the border around the original Pokemon games, and I like having EarthBound in original resolution so far.
My SD Card isn't big enough to have VC games but I remember playing the GB games on GBA and Game Boy player in the original resolution because I didn't like how it stretched out the screen.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
What's the Hylian incident?
The admin Hylian once closed the thread for, I don't remember how much, I think it was hours or a day, due to us treating this place as more overall social forum than a Smash one.

Since then, the thread activity slowed down.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What's the Hylian incident?
This:
http://smashboards-social.wikia.com/wiki/HQHD-Day

and this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-social-6-0-『keep-those-rumor-mills-running-kay-』.412170/page-1080#post-20055603

And oh yeah, this thread has a wiki.

The admin Hylian once closed the thread for, I don't remember how much, I think it was hours or a day, due to us treating this place as more overall social forum than a Smash one.

It was 24 hours.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

I'm sad to say this, but Hylian's valiant efforts were seemingly in vain, since this thread currently looks more like an overall social forum than a Smash one.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I'm sad to say this, but Hylian's valiant efforts were seemingly in vain, since this thread currently looks more like an overall social forum than a Smash one.
Isn't that the point of the Social Thread, though?

All that was succeeded in was (the actual original purpose of the closing) reducing spam and meme posts, at the expense of killing the activity and driving most regulars off to the Disco Room.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To clarify, the lock was done because the thread's meme posts often got way too out of hand, and it was near impossible for a handful of mods (basically me, Opossum and Tri) to properly moderate a thread than jumped over 30 pages in one day.

Yeah, the activity has died down, but it's arguably better than periodic the meme storms and the infraction storms that followed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom