• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
WHAT?

BUT......

I WARNED YOU!!!!

No seriously, what did you do?

Like, you know how risky it was, did you tried to install the olaf ppa and then ignored the warning that would remove stuff?

Yeah, on that I learned, you never ignore these warnings, they might actually be telling you "Hey, btw, the installation of this package will remove everything, YAY!!!!!". (serious, some do that).

Does your xserver even starts? (aka do you see graphical stuff after you login?).
I botched a mesa update (It was a level 4 update, I'm an idiot.)

No, I had to boot from a USB drive. I'm currently resizing and copying my data into a new partition. I had a lot of data, so I'm moving data then shrinking the old partition, then extending the new one, and repeat.

Screenshot from 2016-01-12 23:25:43.png

I've been at it for more than 8 hours now, I think.

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I botched a mesa update (It was a level 4 update, I'm an idiot.)

No, I had to boot from a USB drive. I'm currently resizing and copying my data into a new partition. I had a lot of data, so I'm moving data then shrinking the old partition, then extending the new one, and repeat.

View attachment 91945

I've been at it for more than 8 hours now, I think.

dude, I ALWAYS turn level 4 and 5 updates on and visible because I literally never had issues ad tbh, these mesa updates are actually from older release, you are not even using the latest one, it;s stuff like bugfix they do on older versions.

What IS dangerous is using synaptic because it gives you a lot of power. The update manager, you can literally do the same thing bu doing sudo apt-get upgrade.

So idk man, did you installed a mesa ppa?

perhaps this one?

https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers

Because if you did, then it;s another story since it did updated your mesa......

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
dude, I ALWAYS turn level 4 and 5 updates on and visible because I literally never had issues ad tbh, these mesa updates are actually from older release, you are not even using the latest one, it;s stuff like bugfix they do on older versions.

What IS dangerous is using synaptic because it gives you a lot of power. The update manager, you can literally do the same thing bu doing sudo apt-get upgrade.

So idk man, did you installed a mesa ppa?

perhaps this one?

https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers

Because if you did, then it;s another story since it did updated your mesa......
My internet disconnected in the middle of an update but I still applied it. >_>

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
lol the sucker is hard.
i can pretty much definitely get passed the mercy point with remaining healing items, but after that it usually goes allllllllll down hill with his screen warping shenanigans.
I didn't have a lot of trouble with him. His attacks remain the same throughout the fight, so once you memorize their patterns, he's really easy.
The only really difficult part for me was the final attack, with the gaster blaster merry-go-round. That is hell.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My internet disconnected in the middle of an update but I still applied it. >_>

........still.......

There is no reasons it failed. If your internet dropped while download, the thing will just 404 and say "hey, something wrong so let;s not do it". Or if it is during installation which is the critical part.......you wont; be using internet for that so why it matters?

Like, i would check what ppa you had because I dont; believe a cut on internet would have break that.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Lol, plebs.
Bow down to your new god, Yoshi, and marvel at his cuteness.

Furret24

Smash Master
Lies. Your avi is nothing compared to mine.

No, I did not switch back to my old avi just for this. What are you talking about?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My Avatar is cute! You're Avatar is cute! EVERY AVATAR HERE IS CUTE!

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I don't know what i've stumbled upon,but whats up guys.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Having a avatar-cuteness competition, are we?

That's adorable. We all know mine is the cutest. :cool:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey guys, i have to go . But i would like to know what name will be the best for the theme of one of my character. So here the choice:

Erased

The God That Should Not Exist

Inside The Darkness...He Is Watching

The Man That Smile Where Darkness and Light Doesn't Exist

White Gestar

Beware Of The God Who is Watching.

So, if you can help me to choice what i should use. It would made me very happy! :)
But for now, i have to go, so good night to all! ;)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No way, guys. My avatar is the cutest.

Never mind the joke. It felt weird having that avatar.

-------------------------------------------------------

And now for something else:

Serebii said:
'It has been announced that the Mythical Pokémon are all to receive special distributions for the Pokémon games starting in February 2016. These are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. We'll bring full details on these as they come. Mew will be distributed from February 1st through February 24th at Gamestop, unknown elsewhere while Celebi will run from March 1st through March 24th on the Nintendo Network, Jirachi in April on the Nintendo Network, Darkrai in May at Gamestop, Manaphy in June via Nintendo Network, Shaymin in July via Nintendo Network, Arceus in August via Gamestop, Victini in September via Nintendo Network, Keldeo in October via Nintendo Network, Genesect in November at Gamestop in the US, unknown elsewhere and Meloetta in December via Nintendo Network.'
This is really great! Let's hope the Nintendo Network ones are worldwide. And the Gamestop ones will be distributed to countries that don't have one (like Netherlands) but I have no doubt they will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My current avatar may not be the cutest, but my artistic prowess makes it stand out from the rest, even though it's clearly a work in progress.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
My avatar is pretty cute.

I would have more cute avatars...but I keep forgetting which characters I wanted to use! >.>

Also I am addicted to salt and vinegar chips.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also I am addicted to salt and vinegar chips.
So long as you don't huff them, you're gonna be okay.

And yes, I've seen it- people actually do that. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen- I mean, you bought a good bag of chips just to breathe it. Come on now. :rolleyes:

Then again, I witnessed that in high school, so I don't know if people regularly do that, but I bet they do. It's a small world after all. :s

Anyways, I prefer regular chips with bacon horseradish dip. ♡.♡

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
So long as you don't huff them, you're gonna be okay.

And yes, I've seen it- people actually do that. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen- I mean, you bought a good bag of chips just to breathe it. Come on now. :rolleyes:

Then again, I witnessed that in high school, so I don't know if people regularly do that, but I bet they do. It's a small world after all. :s

Anyways, I prefer regular chips with bacon horseradish dip. ♡.♡
I huff salt and vinegar chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom