• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Look, I just have to say this.

I "like" how people (Here, as well as elsewhere) are pretty much CHOOSING to ignore the whole "CORRIN'S PRIMARY WEAPON IS HIS DRAGON FORM" thing.
"DUR-HURR! HE HAS A SWARD! SWARD CARAKTURS ARE DUM ND OVURYOOZED"
But no, his entire moveset presentation went into very DEEP DETAIL about how that's NOT the case.
They didn't even talk about his sword moves past "His sword looks cool" (Which it DOES, mind you) and people still call him "Just another sword user"

The whole "just another sword user" thing is honestly the dumbest argument in all of smash. Dumber than genuinely advocating for Goku, IMO.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Cloud, not Shantae/Shovelware/Goku/Shrek/Geno/K.Rool. I expect my expectations to be met as THE AURA tells me not to worry.
Told you guys I had no reason to worry!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I seen many people saying this; what if the most chosen characters in the NA Ballot were joke ones? (like Shrek) and Sakurai went; "people at Merica doesn't take this seriously, Imma pick the winner of Europe"
If he actually did that, it was good choice imo

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That Direct was garbage. Lol :4villager:

Still- Cloud is out now. That's all that matters to me.
It's shocking how ungrateful this fanbase. Sakurai and his team have put 120% into making their vision of the best Smash Bros. edition to date and have tried their best remaining faithful to everybody that loves playing their games, one way or another. We have a final send-off from him, thanking us for supporting him the whole way, and people act just plain rude.

Sheesh.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You know what I'm *actually* salty about?

Sonic has had zero appearance on any of the new Smasher posters aside from an 8bit sprite on Pac-man's. Who drew this ****? 0/10 would not fanboy

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, many times as of late, you've seen me as the negative person due to the Directs. So what happened with me today?
Not interested in the new Fire Emblem character and still not interested in Cloud. And Bayonetta? While I originally didn't want her in, and still baffled, I recovered from negativity faster as she's a combo type with range (guns). While I'm still not keen on the character choices, I did get some positive parts out of it.

1: At least it wasn't Shovel Knight, Inklings, or Shantae (sorry guys).
2: Won't lie. The Bayonetta poster is epic.
2: According to the laws of crazy shipping, Pit x Bayonetta teased when she was holding Pit, and you know me bout shipping Pit with certain ladies. Just know this one is a joke ship compared to others.

So long story short, was angry at first, but quickly (by my standards) turned it into positive thoughts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
hmmm. the update is downloading. Let's hope the eshop is still up when it's done so i can get Cloud
Lol. . uhhh. . So I brought Cloud. . and it said DLC installed. . But where is he?

Oh **** son. .
Restart the game.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's shocking how ungrateful this fanbase. Sakurai and his team have put 120% into making their vision of the best Smash Bros. edition to date and have tried their best remaining faithful to everybody that loves playing their games, one way or another. We have a final send-off from him, thanking us for supporting him the whole way, and people act just plain rude.

Sheesh.
This made me laugh. It's simply the best definition of an offended fan guarding his favorite game as if it's in mortal danger. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I don't like the fact that that Bayonetta and an FE Character were revealed. So what? Why do you care how I feel about this? I bought the damn game and enjoyed it, and if I don't like a small portion of it, well that's the way it goes, doesn't it? Just because I don't like one thing doesn't mean I'm ungrateful. It means I don't like it.

Now put your shield away. :4megaman:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When will we be able to put Corrin or Bayonetta as our mains?

I'd mention warchamp but like.. He must have changed his username

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This made me laugh. It's simply the best definition of an offended fan guarding his favorite game as if it's in mortal danger. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I don't like the fact that that Bayonetta and an FE Character were revealed. So what? Why do you care how I feel about this? I bought the damn game and enjoyed it, and if I don't like a small portion of it, well that's the way it goes, doesn't it? Just because I don't like one thing doesn't mean I'm ungrateful. It means I don't like it.

Now put your shield away. :4megaman:
It's fine if you don't like something. Just don't comment in such an asinine manner. "The direct is garbage - LOL" implied a lot more than what you let on.

And this is a community. If you're sharing your opinions here, then people will care about what you say. :)

Besides that, Smash 4 isn't my favorite game, but I have a lot of respect Masahiro Sakurai dedicates to his games.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Said it a million times by now but I'll never understand the "there is nothing more insulting and mean to do to a fanbase than make something specifically to appeal to that fanbase that isn't a full character" mentality that seems to be almost taken for granted in some parts of this fanbase.

I'm a huge Geno fan. I don't give a damn about Mii costumes. I'm happy Geno got in as a costume, certainly not insulted. It's waaaay more recognition than I was ever expecting him or the fans asking for him to get.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
This was the most disappointing one yet. I'm not going to boycott the game or anything but still, It's almost like the Ballot was for nothing at this point. Not to mention, PEOPLE ARE SICK OF SWORDMEN. And Sakurai shows his bias even more overrepping Fire Emblem again.

Just because I like Mario does that mean I should add as many Mario characters I want? No. It's the same reason Wario doesn't have his iconic moves: Sakurai simply dislikes Wario Land. That doesn't matter to the majority of people who say else wise.

Sakurai, I love you man. I really appreciate all the work you done for us. But please don't do things like this to your fans. It's like something Capcom did when they were still in the greed.

At least Bayonetta is kinda interesting so I guess I'll buy her.

Giana better be in Smash 5 though. :U

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's fine if you don't like something. Just don't comment in such an asinine manner. "The direct is garbage - LOL" implied a lot more than what you let on.
You're the only one who read into it deeper then what it was, so... :4villager:
And this is a community. If you're sharing your opinions here, then people will care about what you say. :)
You aren't forced to vocalize your thoughts regarding my opinion either.

Humanity is pretty damning, huh? :4villager:
Besides that, Smash 4 isn't my favorite game, but I have a lot of respect Masahiro Sakurai dedicates to his games.
That's pretty much where I stand. Smash is cool, but there are better games out there, in my opinion.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A question to who's good at picture taking. Anyone happen to be able to create a picture of when Bayonetta was holding Pit (who was blushing)?
Yep, it's shipping purposes. *holds shield*

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This was the most disappointing one yet. I'm not going to boycott the game or anything but still, It's almost like the Ballot was for nothing at this point. Not to mention, PEOPLE ARE SICK OF SWORDMEN. And Sakurai shows his bias even more overrepping Fire Emblem again.
>Uses Dragon-based attacks and rarely uses swords
>Still classified as swordsman

If you're going to complain, at least be accurate.

Overrepping? Is this GameFAQs?

Prior to Awakening, FE has always been a niche Nintendo series that had meager sales in the US. The fact that it's receiving many characters to advertise its latest games should be a good thing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
LMAO WHERES CLIFFJUMPER AND THE OTHER DETRACTORS
"she won't get in"
"muh rated M"
I VOTED FOR BAYONETTA AND ARGUED HER RELENTLESSLY SINCE THEY MENTIONED DLC
SWEET TASTE OF VICTORY
yeah so for people ******** about more sword characters
they don't allay the same, theyre all drastically different
they just all happen to have swords
stay salty
lmao finally, no more shovel meme **** or Geno crap

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Am I the only person here on this website who is excited for all three fighters?

"she won't get in"
"muh rated M"
SWEET TASTE OF VICTORY
stay salty
lol. Don't trip over your **** on the way out. x3

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She was leaked a long time ago

Seems legit. lol

OH NO, WAIT, EVEN EARLIER!!!
NSif2Uq.jpg

"she won't get in"
"muh rated M"
SWEET TASTE OF VICTORY
stay salty
Hope someone can archive those salty comments.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
>Uses Dragon-based attacks and rarely uses swords
>Still classified as swordsman

If you're going to complain, at least be accurate.

Overrepping? Is this GameFAQs?

Prior to Awakening, FE has always been a niche Nintendo series that had meager sales in the US. The fact that it's receiving many characters to advertise its latest games should be a good thing.
Doesn't excuse that it's more than likely to drive people (like me) away from ever looking into the series. Thanks a lot.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I just saw Bayonetta's trailer.
I can hear the sound of several Waaambulances in the distance.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Doesn't excuse that it's more than likely to drive people (like me) away from ever looking into the series. Thanks a lot.
So you're saying you're never playing FE because Corrin got in?
Wow, that's... Really, really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom