• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Metroid fans before Federation Force's launch: "I HATE THIS GAME! WHY NOT PRIME 4?!" *massive thumbs down*
Metroid fans after Federation Force's launch: "Hey, it's actually pretty good!"

Watch that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

_gold_

Smash Master
Metroid fans before Federation Force's launch: "I HATE THIS GAME! WHY NOT PRIME 4?!" *massive thumbs down*

Watch that happen.
You're probably right. The gameplay doesn't seem to stray too far from the Prime type shooting mechanics. Still, why do the figures have to be chibi? This is Metroid, not Disney Infinity!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Meanwhile I am basically living in my grandma's house by myself until my family finds someone to lease the house. My grandma moved to a senior housing situation because it's getting harder for her to care for herself. I'm staying here because it's close to my current job which takes 15 minutes to drive to compared to an hour and a half in traffic. Internet will shut down on the 19th...I have no idea what to do with all this free time after work. :|

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Meanwhile I am basically living in my grandma's house by myself until my family finds someone to lease the house. My grandma moved to a senior housing situation because it's getting harder for her to care for herself. I'm staying here because it's close to my current job which takes 15 minutes to drive to compared to an hour and a half in traffic. Internet will shut down on the 19th...I have no idea what to do with all this free time after work. :|
Read a book.

One without pictures.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Watch that happen.
I agree but I also have a feeling the game's being heavily retooled into something different because of the reaction. That means it's probably not a 2016 game anymore too.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Watch that happen.
It looks like it could potentially be really fun, but I still wish we were getting a main Metroid game since the last good one was released 7 years ago.

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm hoping ReCore fills in the gap for a Metroid game until we actually get a legit sequel of some sort. Since some of the makers from the Prime series are working on it, hopefully there will be some resemblance between the two games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Watch that happen.
I approve this post so hard that i am actually flying.

And this joke can go to the trash can by now.
No but really, if this true. I think my reaction is going to be a mix of be happy and facepalming.

D

Deleted member

You're probably right. The gameplay doesn't seem to stray too far from the Prime type shooting mechanics. Still, why do the figures have to be chibi? This is Metroid, not Disney Infinity!
I'm sure the game will be great regardless of the art style. It's more or less the same to what happened to Wind Waker back when it was first revealed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't watch/read as much animu and mango as much as I did as a kid and a teenager.

What are you guys expecting on tuesday?
More of a wishlist but a lot of things in this list will end up happening in the Presentation.

- Start
Wolf
Cloud details
Smash Ballot details
Mii Costumes
DLC Music (Free mind you)
Custom Moves for DLC Characters/Palutena's Guidance for DLC Characters
All DLC Character's trailers in the Movie section in the vault
King K. Rool
Amiibo's
Saffron City, Poke Floats, and Rainbow Cruise
3DS getting it's own unique 1-P mode
Adventure Mode on Wii U
Another "Cloud" type of character that we really like though we would never expect
All Content shown off is immediately available
DLC is officially over
- End

Teaser at the end potentially for another DLC Character

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I meant a character that nobody knew was happening prior.

Either way I hope we get Bomberman..
Yeah, for Konami characters I would want either Bomberman or Simon Belmont. Though I'm sure more people would want Snake.
Still would like to see Isaac and a possibly re-vamped(as in the changes that Roy had) moveset for Wolf. Who knows we might even get a DK or Metroid character. Unlikely, but I'd be down with it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There's already a few fake leaks of the broadcast now.

Steve splash screen and supposed gameplay image, possible Halo content, and Blaziken and Red Angry Bird.

I'm not sure if these are all by the same guy/girl or not. But the Steve images were the most interesting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Watch that happen.
You mean the thing that literally happened with the Wind Waker? Before everyone was ****ting on that game for being too cartoony after Orcarina and Majora's Mask. Now a bunch of people really like it. I do think it's a good game, but there's no doubt of the first impression it had left fans.

Federation Force isn't that different. It's just that the internet is used so many more people. So more people can show their disgust. I'm willing to give the game a shot. Will it be as good as the Prime games? Probably not. Will it be a good 7/10 spin-off? Most likely.

Last edited:

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
The best feeling is beating a try hard on for glory with Little Mac.

Went against a Roy named MikuHD who was a proper try hard. I'm playing LM and beat him with a f-smash, it was a close game. Their first stock was also lost because they were edgeguarding me too low which was unlucky for them.

They left afterwards aswell, it was so funny!

Shame my replay list is full.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
40 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X, just finished Chapter 9, I'm at level 38, going to do the mission to unlock the Flight License tomorrow. So hyped to soar the skies of this ****ing game.

(oh yeah and I'm only at 21% of completion, Jesus...).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It is my birthday today. Party hype!
Also hype for next week because of the Smash presentation and Star Wars. Damn this is gonna be a great end of year.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What are you guys expecting on tuesday?
As realistic as I can be, I'm thinking:
-Cloud/Midgar (released either after the presentation, or within the next few weeks)

-Wolf (Same as Cloud)

-Ballot Newcomer (I'm speculating it's either Inkling (due to pure success), or K. Rool (due to heavy popularity))

-A stage to coincide with said Ballot Newcomer

-Mii Costumes Wave Whatever we're on at this point

-Older Stages return

-Customs for DLC Characters

-Something really awesome and incredibly unexpected

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It is my birthday today. Party hype!
Also hype for next week because of the Smash presentation and Star Wars. Damn this is gonna be a great end of year.
Happy Smashy Birthday!
I hope you will have a good time!:4pacman:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Cloud
Another DLC (probably Wolf because popular veteran)
Mii Costumes
New Stage
Returning Stage
Surprise Ballot Winner

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
my expectations

-veterans section
-newcomers section
-stages section
-miscellaneous crap seasoned within

RobSir_zx

Smash Rookie
NNID
Robser99
Looks like Nintendo Network is going under maintenance on Monday and it seems that a leak is likely to happen. http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/11/wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds-maintenance-on-monday-and-tuesday/ So avoid any social media sites until after the direct is over. But if you want to know, please put them in spoiler tags. We want to be surprised.
Seems as if there haven't been any leaks from data mining since Roy and Ryu.
Seriously, I have the hardest time believing they would let any data for upcoming smash DLC leak, this is just basic eshop maintenance. Surely have learned their lesson by now. There are some empty slots for characters, stages and whatnot, so I will give the benefit of the doubt and say *maybe* ambiguous placeholders of some kind will be found.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
What do I expect to see in the Direct?

Opens up with Vaati being revealed playable.
Sakurai talks about Vaati being his new favorite character
Sakurai shows off Vaati costumes for the Mii's
Sakurai reveals a new Zelda stage "Vaati's Palace with different versions of Vaati's theme on it.
Sakurai ends the Direct with a 2nd Vaati trailer.
:troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom