• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Maybe they should add controller support so I can actually enjoy the game without using the piece of **** tablet gimmick Nintendo forces down our throats.

But yeah Octolings would be cool too. :shyguy:
The game needs the tablet controller. Settle down bro.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Maybe they should add controller support so I can actually enjoy the game without using the piece of **** tablet gimmick Nintendo forces down our throats.

But yeah Octolings would be cool too. :shyguy:
I was upset about the Gamepad being necessary at first, but honestly, it's the best controller for the game imo. I found it really easy to get used to, and the tilt controls are great.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The game needs the tablet controller. Settle down bro.
No it doesn't. The only reason why you would think it's a necessity is because it's the only option you have. A controller can accomplish the same thing the pad can, without the motion movement and touchscreen. Which both aren't actually needed, unless you bring up the Inkstrikes, which can easily be done on the TV screen.

I'm not being ecstatic or anything. I'm just saying. Nintendo has been driving the GamePad as a primary controller for Splatoon, and that kills me because I liked the concept of the game a lot, but it's not worth my time because the bulkiness of the pad is uncomfortable and the touchscreen's light in my face hurts my eyes, and I have to keep it close due to my eyesight troubles.

But yeah, just my opinion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No it doesn't. The only reason why you would think it's a necessity is because it's the only option you have. A controller can accomplish the same thing the pad can, without the motion movement and touchscreen. Which both aren't actually needed, unless you bring up the Inkstrikes, which can easily be done on the TV screen.

I'm not being ecstatic or anything. I'm just saying. Nintendo has been driving the GamePad as a primary controller for Splatoon, and that kills me because I liked the concept of the game a lot, but it's not worth my time because the bulkiness of the pad is uncomfortable and the touchscreen's light in my face hurts my eyes, and I have to keep it close due to my eyesight troubles.

But yeah, just my opinion.
Splatoon would be unplayable without touch and motion controls.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Splatoon would be unplayable without touch and motion controls.
What's your definition of unplayable? Motion controls are definitely not needed. You can turn them off, so obviously they aren't required. The touch screen is only required because of Inkstrikes and a couple other things. Which can otherwise be remedied quite simply for controller players.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What's your definition of unplayable? Motion controls are definitely not needed. You can turn them off, so obviously they aren't required. The touch screen is only required because of Inkstrikes and a couple other things. Which can otherwise be remedied quite simply for controller players.
Yes you can turn off motion controlls but youll realize soon enough it makes the game better, plus the touch controls make those ings so much easier to use. Nobody has time to press multiple buttons to spawn an inkstrike.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yes you can turn off motion controlls but youll realize soon enough it makes the game better, plus the touch controls make those ings so much easier to use. Nobody has time to press multiple buttons to spawn an inkstrike.
So you're definition of Nonplayable is harder Gameplay? 'Lright. :4villager:

Okay seriously though, I've played Splatoon, let's understand that, and I played the game specifically without Motion controls cause it was messing up my shots. Just because it's better for you doesn't mean it's better for me.

Also I can compare Inkstrikes to BOII's lightning strikes, and for those you place three. And it doesn't take that long to place them. Pick your destination, RIP. If you're fast on your buttons and know your maps, it's not slow at all.

I gotta reheat my dinner now... :shyguy:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So you're definition of Nonplayable is harder Gameplay? 'Lright. :4villager:

Okay seriously though, I've played Splatoon, let's understand that, and I played the game specifically without Motion controls cause it was messing up my shots. Just because it's better for you doesn't mean it's better for me.

Also I can compare Inkstrikes to BOII's lightning strikes, and for those you place three. And it doesn't take that long to place them. Pick your destination, RIP. If you're fast on your buttons and know your maps, it's not slow at all.

I gotta reheat my dinner now... :shyguy:
Well all I can say is... cry more. :) Cause that'll totally help.

R0Y

Smash Master
Whenever someone references Miyazaki it's like MY GOD. SOMEONE REFERENCED AN ANIME I'VE ACTUALLY SEEN. WHAT IS THIS.

Though there's also a tendency to ignore non-anime films from Japan. Yojimbo is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I bet you weebs don't even know what that is.
I'll check that movie out.
I know there was a Japanese movie that heavily influenced Star Wars and George Lucas adored, it was called The Hidden Fortress.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well all I can say is... cry more. :) Cause that'll totally help.
You lost the argument and resort to this childish behavior to try and turn this around. That's cute. :4villager:
lol I'm not crying. I don't even care.
Lol If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded in the first place.

You got upset because I don't like motion controls and touch screens, therefore you had to raise your shield in defense for your game, as if I was attacking it. Then you tried to change the subject by declaring I was, "crying" in order to gain whatever it was you expected to gain. Yeah- you cared. Don't lie.

Anything else you want to add, friend? Cause I think this could be a fun night. :4villager:

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Right, I forgot to state what each has:
  • Hungrybox: Basically the best normal equipment (and no respawn invincibility apparently).
  • BASEJumper: Thistle Jump x3
  • Air Strike: Increased air attacks, defenses, and faster air movement.
  • Bonk!: Safe Respawner x3
  • Leftovers: Healing while crouching x2, auto-heal
  • BASEWinger: Better ground jump, better jumps, and floaty jumps.
  • Angrybox: Improved everything in a crisis
  • TideTurner: Skating, crash run, and faster walking speed
  • JV: Unharmed Speedster / Speed Demon / Attacker
  • Buffalo S.: Skating, faster speed after eating, power up after eating
What a mess.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Btw, just a head up that I will switch my avi back to this:

global avi.png

When Paper Jam releases in JP because the hype will die down, I already preordered the game anyway and tbh, can;t wait to have it back :)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It sort of looks like Paper Mario has a smiley face earring. I cannot tell if that is badass or not.
the other option is hiding the mustache OR have the face look so off that the smiley feels detached......

View it as a logo tbh.

And this is a P symbol from TTYD, that explains a lot on it acutally :)

Also, just curious, did you saw that avi before?

It's my global avi that I used for a very long time on SB until paper jam for the hype :)

Badasses don't smile.
That is valid.....except Paper Mario who can;t stop smiling and is badass :)

(serious, even Starlow in paper jam told that he never saw someone jump as high when seeing Paper Mario and this come from the Mario and Luigi guide)

EDIT: this isn;t the disco room, pls mod delete :(

EDIT2: thank you mod :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom