• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So about that Direct coming in less than 24 hours, anyone got any predictions? EtikaWN was putting them on Bingo cards, which is a pretty amazing idea, actually.

Here are my (genuine, this time I promise) predictions:

• Two Smash Ballot characters, one to be released next month, the other for around next February. As for who they are, I'd say Shantae, Shovel Knight and King K Rool could well be the top three, though I think Shantae might've been a case of a "very loud minority" but that's just me. At the end of the day, it was made clear the Smash Ballot was a "suggestion box", but I think demand certainly would make a difference.
  • Wolf
  • Magicant Wii U
  • Twilight Princess HD, as a Wii U exclusive and swansong. I have almost zero interest in this, if it's anything like the last two Zelda remakes, but I can't deny the odds.
  • Xenoblade X English trailer
  • FE: Fates EU + NA release date, trailer and bundle details
  • "FE x SMT"
  • Zelda U: Progress update, maybe some small story details, nothing else. No mention of NX version just yet.
  • GameCube "VC" (as the Wii U has a Wii ducktaped to its back, it can almost run GameCube games natively, but some parts need to be emulated. Basically, rip off Nintendon't)
  • Iwata tribute
  • Info on Nintendo Account

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The tournament I won weeks ago solely went FD.

...That isn't happening when I host the doubles tournament, next time.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My TO has Delfino, DH, Dream Land 64, and hopefully Halleberd and Seige legal.
I think Halberd is banned in my scene...

and to be honest i really want the Duck Hunt stage to be banned too...

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
In my experience it gets really confusing to play because of the bushes in the stage.
I thought the problem would be that damn dog elevating the player when he/she least expects it.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
In my experience it gets really confusing to play because of the bushes in the stage.
I think the stage is cool. Both players can destroy the ducks to set up shenanigans.
Space Stranger Space Stranger
I am not sure if there is a set time when the "Fly away" things comes along, but it basically tells you that the dog is going to pop up.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm against Halberd due to its low ceiling which screws my Falcon over more times than I can count.

Those damn, Space Elsas!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I need someone to message me a link to the direct tomorrow after it's done because I work during the direct and I don't want it spoiled regardless if it sucks or not.

Also I expect mentions up the wazoo if Isaac is revealed as dlc.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think the stage is cool. Both players can destroy the ducks to set up shenanigans.
I think that there can be so much things happening in that stage that you could lost concentration...

This is just how i feel about the stage how ever.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I'm against Halberd due to its low ceiling which screws my Falcon over more times than I can count.

Those damn, Space Elsas!
I would think it would help Falcon. Or at least his up smash. For us Meta Knight's, this stage is like Heaven to us. Same with Dream Land.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I would think it would help Falcon. Or at least his up smash. For us Meta Knight's, this stage is like Heaven to us. Same with Dream Land.
Up smash is among his more situation smash attacks that requires a read. The floating platform part gives him little room to play mindgames with his speed and the Uair nerf, while not as bad as many may make it out to be, isn't going to feed him kills anytime soon.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
What stage do you want to see legal the most? I do not have one but i am curious...

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Up smash is among his more situation smash attacks that requires a read. The floating platform part gives him little room to play mindgames with his speed and the Uair nerf, while not as bad as many may make it out to be, isn't going to feed him kills anytime soon.
Oh yeah I know. I used Falcon for a short period of time. He was my second tournament main. I need to replace him with D, or keep him. Anyway, the only problem I have is his inability to not be comboed. Especially since one of the top players at my tourney uses Sonic.
What stage do you want to see legal the most? I do not have one but i am curious...
Pokemon Stadium 2. Yes, I know the whole problem with the new transformations. Ground is too campy, Ice is too slidey, Air is to floaty (Some tournaments see this as good though because it allows players to be more creative with their combo game. For me, this just means moar up airs) Electric is too stupid.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I need to pick up on Lucario again. I'm very rusty, as a result from not playing Smash in a long time. Been mainly playing Skyrim lately.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
A gotta think of a Yoshi username to use. You guys got any ideas?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oh yeah I know. I used Falcon for a short period of time. He was my second tournament main. I need to replace him with D, or keep him. Anyway, the only problem I have is his inability to not be comboed. Especially since one of the top players at my tourney uses Sonic.
Falcon's main drawbacks are his ability to be combo food to ZZS, Sheik, Maryo, etc and how easy it is to camp him out due to his lack of a projectile. Most Falcon mains need to be aware of these limitations since Cap ain't Superman. I'm still struggling against Maryo because of this.

When playing against Sonic, it's a matter of being mindful of his speed and making good use of aerials (especially Bair for edgeguarding). Neutrals are good ways to stop that Blue Dork in his tracks.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

Pokemon Stadium 2. Yes, I know the whole problem with the new transformations. Ground is too campy, Ice is too slidey, Air is to floaty (Some tournaments see this as good though because it allows players to be more creative with their combo game. For me, this just means moar up airs) Electric is too stupid.
I have played Pokemon Stadium 2 before i thought the ice was ok... I don't remember the stage very well. I do understand why it is banned.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Falcon's main drawbacks are his ability to be combo food to ZZS, Sheik, Maryo, etc and how easy it is to camp him out due to his lack of a projectile. Most Falcon mains need to be aware of these limitations since Cap ain't Superman. I'm still struggling against Maryo because of this.

When playing against Sonic, it's a matter of being mindful of his speed and making good use of aerials (especially Bair for edgeguarding). Neutrals are good ways to stop that Blue Dork in his tracks.
If you were wondering, this is the guy. He said he would help me practice though.
10 users? that is a lot considering the "non premium drought" we have been in...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A gotta think of a Yoshi username to use. You guys got any ideas?
Mean, Green, Dino Machine.
Prehistoric Pal.
The Good Dinosaur.

On another note, I think I may make Doc my pocket and try to relearn Wario again. I've been having more fun with the Yellow Rogue lately.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
do you guys play smash on a monitor, and if so, which one do you suggest?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I used to play on a Samsung monitor. Hope I can get one for Christmas.
There was much less lag compared to the bigger T.V you might have for shows, movies, sports games.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
What character's do you think are underrated in Smash 4? I think one of them is Dr. Mario.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What character's do you think are underrated in Smash 4? I think one of them is Dr. Mario.
Even though he's getting a bit more notoriety now:
:4dk:
+Cargo Throw
+Up tilt
+Solid aerials
+Dong 2 Strong

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
So I need someone to message me a link to the direct tomorrow after it's done because I work during the direct and I don't want it spoiled regardless if it sucks or not.

Also I expect mentions up the wazoo if Isaac is revealed as dlc.
I am quoting this to say that I would also like a messaged link. I have this bad feeling that user, "X" will say, "I'ts pretty cool that Conker got into Smash!". Ravioli Ravioli, No Spiololi.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think it would be :4peach: as i think she is the most underrated character in the game. She can combo really well.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I am quoting this to say that I would also like a messaged link. I have this bad feeling that user, "X" will say, "I'ts pretty cool that Conker got into Smash!". Ravioli Ravioli, No Spiololi.
Both of you should just have the Nintendo Direct tab on the official website open on your mobile device so that you can watch it during breaks or whenever you are free.

Avoid Nintendo's YouTube, you will be spoiled beyond belief.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
if you want the least lag possible then 144hz is probably the way to go (probably something like a BenQ XL2411Z)
if you don't really care than much then pretty much anything is fine
edit: The BenQ has slightly has less lag than the AOC E2752VQ, but it is a little smaller, unless you pay extra for the 27 inch version .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom