• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You should demand to Frostwraith Frostwraith . I fighted him and he is the Chief of the Dorf Patrol.
I think i actually beaten his Ganodorf once. I will see what i can for now.
Oh, goody. I have been summoned.

It's ironic how I'm supposedly the chief of something I didn't even create in the first place. :smirk::chuckle:

Also, I can play 3DS matches if anyone wants, but I haven't played a lot lately, so don't expect anything challenging from me...

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

It's ironic how I'm supposedly the chief of something I didn't even create in the first place. :smirk::chuckle:

Also, I can play 3DS matches if anyone wants, but I haven't played a lot lately, so don't expect anything challenging from me...
I think i can play Smash 3DS. Let me clean the cart slot very quickly and then i will open the room.

D

Deleted member

I could play with you if you want.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Is the image uploading stuff working now?

image.jpg

Dropping my Indie Poster here before I potentially ruin it trying to color it.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Frostwraith Frostwraith

GG.

You are very good. I do not have anything else to add right now.

Do you have any advice?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
BlueX BlueX GGs. Guess my Smash skills weren't that rusty after all.

You are very good. I do not have anything else to add right now.

Do you have any advice?
Well, I'm not that good at Smash. I'm no competitive player and my For Glory win rate isn't exactly good (just around 50%).

I do play Smash for over a decade, so I guess I developed some skills naturally.

I think you're a little too passive when playing, which is especially bad when using speedier characters like Zero Suit Samus or Sheik given they don't have a lot of attack power.

You didn't move around a lot and I always ended up predicting whatever moves you threw at me.

@Flight: If you still want to play some matches, I can open a room.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
If I were you, I'd keep it as it currently is. Looks great overall.
... Oops....

Aaaanyway, I made a list of all characters in case someone got curious at a point where I wasn't on to answer.

Wilson, Shovel Knight, Sans, Commander Video, Gomez, Quote, Isaac, Steve?, Spooky, Meat Boy, Shantae, Fancy Pants Man, Terrarian, Freddy Fazbear, Cirno, Octodad, Vivian (VVVVVV), Cthulu, Goat (Goat Simulator), The Kid (Bastion), Limbo Kid, Hatty Hattington, Castle Crasher, Filia.

I might get argued with for putting Cthulu as a Cthulu Saves the World rep or counting Fancy Pants Man on the same indie icon level as Octodad or Meat Boy but screw it its my drawing.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So 15.10?

Let's see...

Pros:

• The best thing about Ubuntu is that it can download and install drivers automatically while it is installing, which saves you work.
  • The OS in general is less of a memory hog than Windows.
  • It boots up and shuts down much faster than Windows.
  • Viruses can't do anything to harm your computer, because most simply won't run at all.
  • The OS as a whole is smarter than Windows - I can't really detail them, but you'll notice a lot of tiny little things that it can do better.
  • It is a lot more customisable than Windows.
Cons:
  • You'll need to have some idea of using command line interface (like DOS/Command Prompt) to use Linux to it's full extent.
  • (Since you're a melee player) Dolphin is an extreme pain in the *** to set up and run - It took me upwards of 3 hours before I could do it.
  • Ubuntu's desktop environment (Unity UI, with the sidebar) is very weird; especially if you're used to Windows.
  • Don't expect any sort of customer support; Google is your friend.

Overall, if you're satisfied with Windows, I'd advise against switching. I switched to Linux simply because of my curiosity.
I can say this much from the last two days of having Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu

:231:
Actually, some of these cons are partially right:

It;s actually easier to install dolphin on the lattest version of ubuntu because it has the right dependencies. Also remmeber that you litterally installed mint yesterday, it<s expected that you take a long time to do something simple, you are nto yet familiar. I have been through this before, but my best advice is when looking for a solution online, make sure it<s the best and make sure what it does, I avoided to do this and I broke my graphics drivers several times :)

I will pm you on thsi, but the command prompt is miles better than the dos one. Seriously, the commands just......make sense and really, i will pm you, but you will end up like me to love the CLI :)

Thomass2323

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers! I am extremely fresh to the meta, so if I am doing something with this whole smash boards thing, whoops. Anyway...
I was wondering if anybody knows of smash tournaments near harrison ohio. I cant find any and for glory gets frustrating when its the only thing you do. If anyone knows, please inform me so I can further myself as a smasher. Thanks!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Hello fellow smashers! I am extremely fresh to the meta, so if I am doing something with this whole smash boards thing, whoops. Anyway...
I was wondering if anybody knows of smash tournaments near harrison ohio. I cant find any and for glory gets frustrating when its the only thing you do. If anyone knows, please inform me so I can further myself as a smasher. Thanks!
It is best to check the places that i will link here. I hope you find tournaments in your local area.

http://smashboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.51/

http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just saw someone literally call Smash players the Bronies of the Fighting Game Community. And this wasn't the first time I've seen people make the comparison, either.

It really says something that even as an ex-brony myself this is pissing me off because I know the implications behind what they meant by it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just saw someone literally call Smash players the Bronies of the Fighting Game Community. And this wasn't the first time I've seen people make the comparison, either.

It really says something that even as an ex-brony myself this is pissing me off because I know the implications behind what they meant by it.
You know, it's kind of funny and sad at the same time when they mock us for perceived perverseness but at least one fighting game series I'm vaguely aware of likely got most of it's user base by being Fanservice: The Video Game.

You know, it's one thing to put a woman in an attractive outfit and make her abnormally in shape. It's another thing entirely to make a woman have such a big. . .chest. . .that it doesn't even seem biologically possible.

And while Smash has a lot of creeps, I doubt many of them got into the series specifically to indulge their creepiness like most people presumably got into that series.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
You know, it's kind of funny and sad at the same time when they mock us for perceived perverseness but at least one fighting game series I'm vaguely aware of likely got most of it's user base by being Fanservice: The Video Game.

You know, it's one thing to put a woman in an attractive outfit and make her abnormally in shape. It's another thing entirely to make a woman have such a big. . .chest. . .that it doesn't even seem biologically possible.

And while Smash has a lot of creeps, I doubt many of them got into the series specifically to indulge their creepiness like most people presumably got into that series.
...Skullgirls?

...Soul Caliber?

.......Dead or Alive?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

I'm not sure how the two are related in the least. One thing is about about ponies, and the other is about Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other. Yep, TOTALLY similar.

I can't speak for other people, but I know why I got into Smash. I"m just a big fan of Nintendo, and Smash is all about bringing all the Nintendo greats into one game(plus a few 3rd parties but that's beside the point). But people have their reasons I guess, however weird they might be. And as far as I can tell, there's only ONE "fanservicey" character in the whole bunch....MAYBE 2 if you're willing to count :4shulk:.:troll:. That really isn't much in the way of fanservice if you ask me.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm not sure how the two are related in the least. One thing is about about ponies, and the other is about Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other. Yep, TOTALLY similar.

I can't speak for other people, but I know why I got into Smash. I"m just a big fan of Nintendo, and Smash is all about bringing all the Nintendo greats into one game(plus a few 3rd parties but that's beside the point). But people have their reasons I guess, however weird they might be. And as far as I can tell, there's only ONE "fanservicey" character in the whole bunch....MAYBE 2 if you're willing to count :4shulk:.:troll:. That really isn't much in the way of fanservice if you ask me.
What they mean is, both fanbases praise the series they like for their own merits while futilely trying to shake the fact that the series is designed primarily for little kids a quarter of their age or less.

It's a "why don't they act their age" thing, which of course extends into connotations of being a hive of potential child predators.

I'm not even jumping to conclusions here. People have flat-out said "Smash players are pedophiles" before.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

The whole "Brony" thing is references the neck beard impression built upon by the rest of the Internet.

Just like Minecraft players are "Little Kids trying to RP", Sonic fans are "OC happy and never satisfied", Undertale fans are "Bandwagoners", and FNAF fans suffer from literally every stereotype I've mentioned this far.

I may not be a Brony but from being in all the groups in the above paragraph I know what Coricus means when she talks about how much **** fandoms or groups of people will get on the Internet.

That being said, I still don't get the appeal of MLP but to each their own I guess.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The whole "Brony" thing is references the neck beard impression built upon by the rest of the Internet.

Just like Minecraft players are "Little Kids trying to RP", Sonic fans are "OC happy and never satisfied", Undertale fans are "Bandwagoners", and FNAF fans suffer from literally every stereotype I've mentioned this far.

I may not be a Brony but from being in all the groups in the above paragraph I know what Coricus means when she talks about how much **** fandoms or groups of people will get on the Internet.

That being said, I still don't get the appeal of MLP but to each their own I guess.
So, the average Joe getting involved in the aforementioned series are therefore guilty by association? Unsurprising.

I tried watching it once, I just couldn't get into it. It just seems like more nonsense you see from cartoons nowadays in general.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

...Skullgirls?

...Soul Caliber?

.......Dead or Alive?
Third one.

I have bad memory sometimes, so I didn't want to say it and then have it be something else, but that's what I was going to say.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323

Thanks!

Out of curiosity which do you not know?
I'll just respond with an image.

I forgot Chutulu saves the world and then looked at it again. Whoops.
Captain Viridian's name was too long to fit it in in a way that didn't cover stuff, and I forgot what the Fancy Pants Adventure's main character name is.

And yes, Cirno is a 9.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ever get that random mood swing? I sure did. I feel depressed today and I have no idea why. I guess it's just one of those days to be depressed, or something. I dunno. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom