• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Online General Discussion/Social/Thing

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
This thread needs more love than the 100 skype chats do

swag on em

lmao, unintentional page steals still count I guess

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We should leave Skype for an entire week. See what happens to this thread.

Atm Skype is the only major thing that's in the way.

I'm sure if we focus our social-ness here, this thread would have much more activity.

D

Deleted member

I don't like the current position advertisements are located. In Skype, that is.

abx

Smash Journeyman
So is the tournament mode Wii U exclusive? I thought so, but some articles explicitly stated that the tournament mode would come to both systems. I can't find it on the 3DS though.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
So is the tournament mode Wii U exclusive? I thought so, but some articles explicitly stated that the tournament mode would come to both systems. I can't find it on the 3DS though.
Late, and probably already know by now, but yet it is. As well as the YouTube feature.

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
I wish Smash 4 had multiplayer that didn't feel several steps behind, say, Starcraft 1. I'm completely incapable of playing against opponents from which I get zero feedback. Being able to create purposeful lobbies for practice, being able to type (hell no to voice chat with randoms, of course...) would let me hear from people when I find myself stumped by some trick to a new MU, being able to just see a gl hf or a gg, even, would at least grant some peace of mind if and when, say, I end a 0-120% string with an SD, or whatever.

Hell, I can't even message people out-of-game to ask if they want to play-- it's just a matter of making a lobby and headbutting a wall for the next half-hour wondering if someone's apt to look at the list. I mean, come on... Couldn't reach the standards set by games made, what, nearly two decades ago, now? Brawl was the first with online, so, sure, I expected what we got there...

But I'm rambling. It just really feels terrible to have nothing but a sub-skeletal system for practice. The fact that Skype and the like is strictly -required- just to find people to begin with in any reasonable format is just... beyond irksome.

Much as I love Smash 4, I die a little inside every day I forget myself and try FG again. Win or lose, it always manages to feel more like a stress test than any sort of useful practice.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Soooo.. I've been noticing this lately, the past couple of days it's been pretty difficult finding people to fight online (1vs1 and 2vs2 for glory). What's going on? Is Sm4sh already over? I used to find players just by logging on..

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Soooo.. I've been noticing this lately, the past couple of days it's been pretty difficult finding people to fight online (1vs1 and 2vs2 for glory). What's going on? Is Sm4sh already over? I used to find players just by logging on..
You might be banned, I consistently get people instantly when I come on.

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
Im having this problem every time Im playing with friends online: The match freezes at some random point like if one of us got disconected, but instead of that, once we both get kicked to separated rooms and alone, This has been happening since 2 days now, I tried openimg my ports but that doest fix anything. If anyone has any idea why this could be happening please let me know a way to fix this.

ps: Sorry for bad english, have in mind Im from south america and my weird internet provider could have something to do with this problem.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
That sounds like regular old bad connection. The connection between you and your friend probably just isn't great.

And by isn't great I mean it sounds like the connection between you two are trash.

Have you played with this friend before without problems?

People are probably blocking you :$

Last edited:

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
That sounds like regular old bad connection. The connection between you and your friend probably just isn't great.

And by isn't great I mean it sounds like the connection between you two are trash.

Have you played with this friend before without problems?

People are probably blocking you :$
Yes, I infact did, we used to play perfectly before, but the problem I mentioned started a couple of weeks ago, it even happens in FG.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Maybe this is because I have a bit more of a background in traditional fighters, but am I the only one who thinks that Smash could benefit a lot from a prediction and rollback-based lag handling system like GGPO?

The gist of it is that rather than the the systems not rendering each frame until all players have received each others' inputs, each client game predicts what will happen based on previous inputs. If there's a discrepancy between the predicted and received input, the game rolls the match back to the last frame before the discrepancy occurred. End result is that you can choose between whether high latency results in smooth gameplay with choppy visuals or laggy gameplay with smooth visuals.

Of course, with the way Smash handles things, you usually get choppy visuals and laggy gameplay

Mike Zaimont of Skullgirls fame explains it here.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
aww man...

*runs away from Skype

*runs away to smashboards

*sees dead bodies lying around

D;

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
TFW NO ACTIVITY IN OVER A MONTH

LALALLALALALALALLA BRINGING ACTIVITY TO THIS THREAD

ALAJSDLGJRKTGFBNRTJKGNDIURGDNRUGJKDNGIJNGIDTNGUIRTNBDTTUVIUDVUIVUDHGIUGHNSJERKJFKLSFDJGIUJTKFGIKTDLFJCJV RTEHGRIFVGOT

fkhtjfbndjksfKJHWDNKJWESFNTJRKGFMN,CDXF WHERE IS EVERYONE

I BET NO ONE WILL SEE THIS UNTIL NEXT YEAR BECAUSE NO ONE WATCHES THIS THREAD ANYMORE.

IF A MOD SEES THIS PLS DON'T BAN ME I'M TRYING TO BE A GOOD PERSON.

LALLDWEFLGJRTDGNFNJKDRGNRKJVBNDGBGFJKXC

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
Have ya guys had issues getting online on Smash 3DS lately? The past couple of days I always get the "Communication error has occurred" message now.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Have ya guys had issues getting online on Smash 3DS lately? The past couple of days I always get the "Communication error has occurred" message now.
I know i have, been over a month since i've seen it, (not surprised really) my guess either people are blocking/reporting just because they find you out of their league when they lose.

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
I know i have, been over a month since i've seen it, (not surprised really) my guess either people are blocking/reporting just because they find you out of their league when they lose.
Well great, that sounds like I'll never be able to get online ever again

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
My advice is to go to one of the Fc/ NNID Exchange threads if you want to play friendly people who want to have fun in matches.
The issue is whenever I hit online in the main menu though I would get the "Communication error has occurred" message after waiting for a couple seconds

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Quick questions: Is it possible to report people in 3DS For Glory? What's this For Glory ban land I've heard about?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Yes, you can report people on 3DS FG.

FG Ban Land or Hell is where people who have been reported many times go. It basically places you with other people who were reported a lot and you only play these people for quite some time. I'm not sure for how long.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Ay dora when you wanna catch these falcon hands B)

And with the reporting, you can tap the opponents character in the results screen and it will show their profile. There you can choose to report or block someone, or just look at their status message. I'm not sure how long the report or block lasts though.

Top Bottom