• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Cloud Guide: Art of Cloud

Izaw

Smash Ace

Hello friendlies, feel free to discuss, criticize or question anything here concerning this video.

There might be some things that I have missed, but I really tried to not miss anything, it's very difficult to NOT miss anything when it comes to these videos. I've been working on this my every waking hour since Cloud was released. Enjoy.

(M)

Smash Cadet

Hello friendlies, feel free to discuss, criticize or question anything here concerning this video.

There might be some things that I have missed, but I really tried to not miss anything, it's very difficult to NOT miss anything when it comes to these videos. I've been working on this my every waking hour since Cloud was released. Enjoy.
Oo.I love your videos~

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
At 10:49. My gut always told me that you could follow up after limit break blade beam hit confirm and izaw finally shows it. XD

Great video!

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Izaw Izaw Great video! Question, by dash dancing, do you mean fox trotting? Or fox trot cancelling? If it is the later, how does it compare to Marth/Falcon's fox trot cancel? I've been trying to do it with Cloud but can't get the hang of it (can do it pretty easily with the former two).

Oh, and whatever happened to that Marth guide? Alot of the people (including myself) were excited for the video but I guess you were never able to get around to it?

Thanks for guide. The auto cancelling fair thing is a game changer as well as the limit break cancelling on the air dodge lag. I wonder what other lag you can cancel with limit break.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Izaw Izaw Great video! Question, by dash dancing, do you mean fox trotting? Or fox trot cancelling? If it is the later, how does it compare to Marth/Falcon's fox trot cancel? I've been trying to do it with Cloud but can't get the hang of it (can do it pretty easily with the former two).

Oh, and whatever happened to that Marth guide? Alot of the people (including myself) were excited for the video but I guess you were never able to get around to it?

Thanks for guide. The auto cancelling fair thing is a game changer as well as the limit break cancelling on the air dodge lag. I wonder what other lag you can cancel with limit break.
Actually both fox trotting and dash dancing are incredible. You can easily fox trotting by just simply taping once to the direction you want to go.

I've been waiting with the Marth guide, I felt like there was a patch with changes coming for him anytime, so I wanted to wait until after, it's still being worked on.

Zabuu

Smash Rookie
Awesome stuff, as always, Izaw. Thank you! Been playing around with Cloud a bit, you can FC a SHFF Fair as well, timing is a bit strict but it's possible. Also, when you perform a Bair straight off the ground, you have no landing lag (don't fastfall tho), meaning you stay completely mobile while Bairing. I mean, you can fastfall a SH Bair to autocancel it, but instantly Bairing off the ground means you have little to no groundtime if you want to jump again. Personally I use tap jump to be able to SH Bair like that, it's pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I like to believe the name of Cloud's F-air is Braver. It makes perfect sense that it can be frame canceled like Falco's since it looks identical to his actual limit break Braver.

Braver into Omnislash is a true combo btw.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Actually both fox trotting and dash dancing are incredible. You can easily fox trotting by just simply taping once to the direction you want to go.

I've been waiting with the Marth guide, I felt like there was a patch with changes coming for him anytime, so I wanted to wait until after, it's still being worked on.
How does the timing compare between Marth/Falcon and Cloud? Do it slower/faster etc.

Note: Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Also, with since his last set of bug buffs, Marth hasn't gotten much love (the shield changes being bad for him because he didn't get much safer on shield while everyone else did as well as the SB nerf). The DB change this patch might be significant, but others that know better than me of the character still think people can just DI out of it in later percentages. I'd say it would be safe to finish the video, but regardless, looking forward to it. Thank you for your contribution to the smash community!

Izaw

Smash Ace
How does the timing compare between Marth/Falcon and Cloud? Do it slower/faster etc.

Note: Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Also, with since his last set of bug buffs, Marth hasn't gotten much love (the shield changes being bad for him because he didn't get much safer on shield while everyone else did as well as the SB nerf). The DB change this patch might be significant, but others that know better than me of the character still think people can just DI out of it in later percentages. I'd say it would be safe to finish the video, but regardless, looking forward to it. Thank you for your contribution to the smash community!
Well the timing is simpler, it's not -> -> <-, but rather just one simpe tap.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
I might be misreading your posts. What I'm asking is if fox trot cancelling is any good with Cloud and if so, how does the execution differ? I realized dash dancing and fox trot cancelling are two different things. Haha!

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Izaw Izaw I'm having HUGE difficulty with Clouds frame cancel. Can you explain a little bit more in detail?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Well it's simple really, can't get into it more than I really did in the video. It's just a simple Full hop, fair at the peak of the jump and fast fall, if you want you can fast fall twice. It's all about getting the right feel for it. The timing is important, it's almost like explaining the timing of Sheiks Brawl DACUS.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Managed to land the Fair cancel a few times and I can say that when you land the Fair, you'll know when the cancel works because if properly done, the connected Fair will not linger in the manner similar to Marth's connected tipper, particularly like in Brawl. When done correctly, you'll notice the Fair will end a bit faster because it doesn't linger upon connecting, allowing for the cancel to occur. The cancel also seems to be significantly easier when the Fair connects at somewhere around the base of his sword.

Not sure if that makes any sense to you guys, but that's literally the best way I can think of to explain it.

Last edited:

CapnCrunk

Smash Rookie
NNID
SicklierNastlier
Great video! I very much appreciate the dedication to test blade beam against all those moves.

I am having trouble getting Cloud's foxtrot cancel down though. I can foxtrot, and I can dash cancel from standstill, but for some reason I can never get a foxtrot cancel. Anyone have any tips?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
It's all about getting the right feel for it. The timing is important, it's almost like explaining the timing of Sheiks Brawl DACUS.
considering that's referred to as the most difficult of them to pull off, would that make it a good point of reference?

Top Bottom