• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small 5 Second Survey (Your'e too late... its over.. )

NeoNimbusDeLimited

Smash Rookie
1. What control(s) do you use?(Wiimote, Wiimote & Nunchuk, Classic GC Controller, etc..)

Wiimote and Nunchuck, thanks to the amazing Super Mario Galaxy.

2. What is your favorite G&W move?

The Bucket, Turtle, Allmighty Hammer attacks, and Key

3. In your opinion, which matchup is the most difficult for G&W?

I don't really have the expertise to say. Olimar, probably.

4. Why did you choose G&W?

He is one of my favorite characters of all time (I mean, I like the G&W series as a whole), He is 2-d, his attacks and strategies are the most versatile and powerful, and campers can't touch me (bucket and d-tilt).

5. Please describe your own experience with G&W, in tournaments or at home with some friendly matches.

I think I suck, and haven't really tried any tournaments yet, but my friends always get PWN3D when I choose G&W (hmm... Leetspeak fits with him).

Andromeda

Smash Lord
1. Gamecube-controller.

2. Bair.

3. Olimar.

4. Because he's funny to play as. And he's good.

5. I mained Dedede before, but he was sadly too slow to win battles with, so I decided to make him second and main another character. I never thought I would find another character that was as funny to play with as Dedede was, but that was before I played Mr. Game & Watch. I've won a lot of matches with him online (have noone to play with offline, sadly), but I feel I still have a long way before I reach "that" level. But I won't give up. Mr. Game & Watch is a very good character that is easy to learn, but hard to master. Just as Dedede, ans just my type of character.

Higgy

Smash Rookie
1. GC controller, right shield is grab

2. I am a fan of the key

3. Snake

4. Because he's an ol' G

5. Orgasmic, my big beef is how slooooow pulling his bucket in is which makes it a lot more situational. Good players can bait you if you aren't careful.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
1. I use the Gamecube controller.

2. I'd say my Forward Smash, Bucket, Dair, or Bair.

3. Well, I haven't done any tournaments, but I'd say that G&W versus Wolf would be a pretty tough match up.

4. He's ridiculously powerful and easy to use, he has incredibly powerful aerials and smashes that just dominate. His Oil Panic is almost always an OHKO, great recovery, etc.

5. I usually win in frendlies unless the map has platforms. I cannot space properly on maps with platforms for some reason. D: (Final Destination FTW)

chubas

Smash Apprentice
1. I do not have a GC controller, so I am somewhat skilled with WM+Nunchuck. However, I got a GC controller borrowed, and I prefer it

2. All of his aerials, starting with bair. Also HoJ, but I don't find it very practical, just looking for a 9 everytime I can

3. Floaty characters. Specially MK and Kirby

4. I find him charismatic. And people tell me I'm crazy

5. Some friends has trouble with my G&W because of his unpredictability, which is one of his strengths. I haven't had any serious match with him, but I think it does very well in friendlies.

:gw:!!

Gishnak

Smash Ace
1. What control(s) do you use?(Wiimote, Wiimote & Nunchuk, Classic GC Controller, etc..)
GameCube controller.

My favorite move is judgement hammer. Very satisfying to land 9s. Most used/best move? Snippy 2.0.

Snake, metaknight, maybe marth. I haven't had a chance to play many characters, so this is likely to change.

Cosmo's sexy videos + versatility + fun to play at first.

5. Please describe your own experience with G&W, in tournaments or at home with some friendly matches.
I've only been to one tournament, and I took 2nd out of 55. Lost to a Wario (I had never played a wario, let alone a pretty good one. If this matchup were to come again, I would be pretty confident.) He works great at tournaments because many people do not know how to play against him. If you haven't played a good g&w with your character and you fight a good G&W, expect to lose. I have one buddy who is pretty good with marth, and the matchup seems to be mostly equal. As NoJ mentioned earlier, however, against better characters/players spaced bairing is the best option by far, and it gets very repetitive/boring. G&W is such a cut & paste character (as in, he has a very simple formula, and it's easy to get competitive with him very quickly). I wish he were more complex. T.T

bebar

Smash Cadet
GC Controller

Turtle

Ike

He looked crazy and none of my friends picked him so i did

Ummm when were just messin around i love collecting buckets and then lettin em loose on people.
I enjoy 1v1s the most because most of my friends are about my level in game progression.

MC=3

Smash Cadet

Classic GC Controller.

Back Air or Down Tilt.

I haven't had any real trouble with Game and Watch yet, XD. I would say Olimar, because he's kind of a difficult match up for anyone.

He's just so friggin fun to play. All the other characters that you KNOW are good all have this badass look to them so winning with G&W still gives me the feeling of winning when the odds are against me. Also, since I never really seem to have trouble with anyone (I think in the month I've mained him, only a certain Falco player ever won without being close to losing themselves) I can have fun no matter what I'm doing. G&W is great at comebacks.

G&W VS G&W matches are the greatest thing ever. Even before Brawl, I thought this to be true. As said before, I will usually win unless I get bored and throw the match (Seriously, G&W is so good I've had to do this before just to not feel bad)

Top Bottom