• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Discontinued. See Updated Thread for details]

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
To help calm the raging storm, I've provided a download link to the current edits.

More replies in the spoiler below.

KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff

I really do not want to be a bother at all, but do you think you can address what I asked about Bowser and Dedede?
I'm sorry for not getting to you sooner.

Why compesante the nerfs of what is probably the stupidest move in the entire game right now?
@SiLeNtDo0m should be able to fill you in on his reasoning behind it.

The fact :4bowser: and :4dedede: are getting their old hoo-hahs back worries me.

Bowser needs more to validate his design, not to be centered around his uthrow.
For other changes for Bowser, I believe @SiLeNtDo0m (really sorry to have to keep tagging you like this) is writing up suggested edits for Bowser.

For King Dedede, if it's his Down Throw you're talking about, I can agree, since after testing, it's pretty ridiculous. At low %, it can combo into Up Tilt. At mid %, it can combo into Forward Air. And at high %, it can combo into Up Air and score a KO. I want to to have combo potential, but this is too much.

Edit: Now I can see why some of you are against my reverting Bowser's and Diddy's Down Throws. I'll have to tone it down after some testing from other people.

Also if you need a playtester, I'm more than happy to help.

Actually I'm gonna try out what you have now.
Please do.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I don't think there's been much rage so far.

It's mostly been me talking for the past few minutes.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'm getting the mod now.

Diddy seems fine.

Hoo-hah isn't killing at 90%.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This comment is directed towards everyone, but if there's changes you disagree with, explain why you disagree with the said changes, and offer alternatives.

Alternatively, I could start recruiting those who know more than I do, so the changes made could be more favorable.

I'm sure there's a logical reason, but adding intangibility? That just seems to be too much, imo.
Could be a stretch, but maybe rather than intangibility, maybe Knockback-Based Heavy Armor?

Diddy seems fine.

Hoo-hah isn't killing at 90%.
I stated before that I edited Hoo Hah to kill at around 150, so play around at that damage range.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This comment is directed towards everyone, but if there's changes you disagree with, explain why you disagree with the said changes, and offer alternatives.

Alternatively, I could start recruiting those who know more than I do, so the changes made could be more favorable.

Could be a stretch, but maybe rather than intangibility, maybe Knockback-Based Heavy Armor?

I stated before that I edited Hoo Hah to kill at around 150, so play around at that damage range.
May I be able to be of assistance, if possible? I can give advice on some characters.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Only problem is that it doesn't bloody connect anymore.

Also Roy accelerates too fast in the air. He reaches top speed almost immediately.

His jump looks really stupid, actually.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Even then. that seems to be a lot.

If you want to compensate Limit Cross Slash's nerfs, I'd say that buffing Limit Hazzard might be a better choice...
Alright. In which ways? Frame Data, Damage, Knockback, etc.

Only problem is that it doesn't bloody connect anymore.
Toy around with the foe's % then until it reaches the highest point in which it can still connect. For my testing, I believe I either used Corrin or Mario on FD.

May I be able to be of assistance, if possible? I can give advice on some characters.
Sure. If enough people want to help out, I could make a Discord server.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Frame Data is already amazing, don't touch that.

Just make it better at killing. Don't care how.

Also, Limit Cross Slash needs some ending lag. It's way too hard to punish right now, unlike the other Limit Breaks...

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Toy around with the foe's % then until it reaches the highest point in which it can still connect. For my testing, I believe I either used Corrin or Mario on FD.
I used it against a level 8 AI Mario on Omega Balloon Fight.

It stopped connecting reliably at around 105%.

Also Mootoo seems fine enough.

D

Deleted member

Sure. If enough people want to help out, I could make a Discord server.
I'd love to join a Discord server if made. The characters I want to help out with are :4dedede::4metaknight::4lucas::4luigi::4diddy::4dk::4mewtwo: and some others.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Sorry to ask, but how exactly to do you input the patch?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Frame Data is already amazing, don't touch that.

Just make it better at killing. Don't care how.

Also, Limit Cross Slash needs some ending lag. It's way too hard to punish right now, unlike the other Limit Breaks...
Alright, I'll be sure to look into that. It would be nice if I could get more input from more Cloud mains before I touch him again though.

I'd love to join a Discord server if made. The characters I want to help out with are :4dedede::4metaknight::4lucas::4luigi::4diddy::4dk::4mewtwo: and some others.
For now, I'll just send an invite link via PM. If things get going, then I'll link it publicly.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
A lot of your Charizard changes aren't working.
If you're having troubles, I can go ahead and compile the edits for a quick and easy plug and play.

Edit: Retracted rule breaking content (showing others how to mod).

Last edited:

Eugene Wang

Smash Apprentice
Can you give Roy a grab game that doesn't devolve into throw resets around kill percents? (Doesn't need to be a hoo-hah. I suggest making Uthrow kill around 160%, Dthrow allow DI and airdodge mixups into Blazer, and at least one of pummel, Fthrow, or Bthrow yield more damage. )

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
:4link:

Jump frames decreased to 5.
Less end lag on Forward Smash Strike 2
Slightly increased knockback on u-throw.
Slightly increased mobility.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Wait.

I thought you already had a download. That's what I'm using right now.
Yes, but that includes the raw files for people to inject into their own builds. What I meant is to also include a plug and play option for those who are having issues injecting.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff do I need Sm4sh explorer to inject? or can I just add the character files onto the SD card like i did with TS4M's modpack and just use XAMPP, I am very confused.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I would highly suggest those who downloaded this re-download, as I fixed a crashing issue with Little Mac's Jab 2.

For those who only want to test this, I've updated the download with an alternative plug and play option.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
I would highly suggest those who downloaded this re-download, as I fixed a crashing issue with Little Mac's Jab 2.

You have to inject my files into your own build, but for those who only want to test this, I've updated the download with an alternative plug and play option.
Where does the "patch" file go?

Furret24

Smash Master
I think it's worth mentioning that you're not allowed to discuss how to mod outside of PMs.

Also, I'd be more than happy to help with balancing if you make a Discord server where we can discuss all this.
:162:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I have some general thoughts about this. Firstly, don't overbuff top tier characters, or buff them at all. Either leave them alone or nerf them slightly. Don't overnerf them though. Secondly, don't overbuff characters. High tier characters (who probably shouldn't be buffed at all) and mid tier characters are at the greatest risk of getting overbuffed, but I could also see low tier and bottom tier characters getting overbuffed. Don't do that. Balancing a game is really hard, so I would recommend to proceed with caution.

So, nerf the top tiers slightly, don't touch high tiers (or don't touch them much), buff mid tiers slightly, and buff low and bottom tiers moderately (but not too much). Be cautious in general.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I think it might be better to leave the nerfing of top tiers to Nintendo and just focus on buffing characters.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it's worth mentioning that you're not allowed to discuss how to mod outside of PMs.
Just so that other users are aware, you'll have to search for this kind of stuff yourself, even if it means using Google to do it. Showing hacks is one thing, but it's another thing to ask how to hack, as that's not permitted here as far as I know.

I'm not even sure if you're even permitted to post downloads of your hacks, because using them requires you to utilize specific tools that you're not allowed to talk about here.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Replies are in the spoiler below.

Just so that other users are aware, you'll have to search for this kind of stuff yourself, even if it means using Google to do it. Showing hacks is one thing, but it's another thing to ask how to hack, as that's not permitted here as far as I know.

I'm not even sure if you're even permitted to post downloads of your hacks, because using them requires you to utilize specific tools that you're not allowed to talk about here.
Understandable, I'll ask a mod about this and retract statements that are against the rules.

No Marth buffs...

Where is the dislike button when you need one?
I never said this mod was done. It's still a work in progress.

Instead of being reactionary, why not suggest changes yourself?

I have some general thoughts about this. Firstly, don't overbuff top tier characters, or buff them at all. Either leave them alone or nerf them slightly. Don't overnerf them though. Secondly, don't overbuff characters. High tier characters (who probably shouldn't be buffed at all) and mid tier characters are at the greatest risk of getting overbuffed, but I could also see low tier and bottom tier characters getting overbuffed. Don't do that. Balancing a game is really hard, so I would recommend to proceed with caution.

So, nerf the top tiers slightly, don't touch high tiers (or don't touch them much), buff mid tiers slightly, and buff low and bottom tiers moderately (but not too much). Be cautious in general.
I'm well aware of this, and this is my general goal. This is exactly why I need feedback and general assistance.

Also, I'd be more than happy to help with balancing if you make a Discord server where we can discuss all this.
:162:
Alright, I'll send you an invite link as well.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Replies are in the spoiler below.

You place the patch file inside the 0005000010144F00 folder in the root of your SD Card.

Understandable, I'll ask a mod about this and retract statements that are against the rules.

I never said this mod was done. It's still a work in progress.

Instead of being reactionary, why not suggest changes yourself?

I'm well aware of this, and this is my general goal. This is exactly why I need feedback and general assistance.

Alright, I'll send you an invite link as well.
I would like an invite as well. Always happy to help some peeps with modding when I can.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I would like an invite as well. Always happy to help some peeps with modding when I can.
Alright, an invite's been sent to you as well. Though now that I'm mentioning it, I should add a requirements list for people to join. Examples being amount of time playing Sm4sh, having general knowledge of their mains and matchups, etc.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
So this is available for download and testing? Can I join this project? I'm a balance enthusiast, but I assume this is Wii U so I will not be able to test. Side note, do something for Mii Swordfighter. He is garbage. I think I'm beating a dead horse but Cloud needs no buffs, he is super obnoxious as he is.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So this is available for download and testing? Can I join this project? I'm a balance enthusiast, but I assume this is Wii U so I will not be able to test.
Only for Wii U at the moment. Though what exactly can you offer? You mentioned you're a balance enthusiast, but would you mind elaborating on that a bit?

Top Bottom