• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleep?!

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else here have troubles with sleeping?
I'm not so sure I'm an insomniac, It's just that I have trouble getting around to actually getting to bed, like tonight >_<
I rarely get to bed before 3:00, even if I gotta be up the next day at 6:00 (which I have to do tomarrow).

Even now, I know I should be getting to sleep, but I don't '~'.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
we have a lot of true insomniacs who hang around SWF. i just cant get to sleep tomorrow because i know i have to drive 11 hours... yeah, its pretty backwards, but driving = stress for me, and stress = no sleep

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sometimes I don't get to sleep until five in the morning, even on school days which sucks. I would spend time on "teh internets," but my lap top's light shines through the crack in my doors, making it obvious when I'm on. I've been busted before.

Ilex

Smash Ace
The reason you can't fall asleep is because the bright light from the computer screen fools your eyes into thinking it's daytime and your body will assume that you're supposed to be awake. I read that somewhere, but I still go on the computer at night anyways :D

Blackadder

Smash Master
we have a lot of true insomniacs who hang around SWF.
Yooo.

I can't sleep well either. It's a mix of not wanting sleep, trying to "put off" school for as long as I can, I enjoy the night, and staying up so late lets you think on things.

You KNOW you have issues when one day you go "Woah! I'm AWAKE today! What an odd feeling..." :bee:

Grunt

Smash Master
The reason you can't fall asleep is because the bright light from the computer screen fools your eyes into thinking it's daytime and your body will assume that you're supposed to be awake. I read that somewhere, but I still go on the computer at night anyways :D
that's bull****. i sleep outside in the middle of the day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have the opposite problem: a varying case of Narcolepsy. I have trouble staying awake sometimes.

Although I stay up pretty late sometimes.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
99.9% of Smashboards has trouble sleeping.

dr.mario guy is the .1%.

Seriously though, here's my opinion.

Your body produces hormones that get it ready for sleep. These hormone levels can vary wildly each night based on physical/mental fatigue, stress, excitement... Light (natural or otherwise) slows down this production of hormones. So, yes, in a way, the computer screen is tricking your eyes into thinking it's daytime.

but my lap top's light shines through the crack in my doors, making it obvious when I'm on. I've been busted before.
I've had this problem.. I fixed it by stuffing a t-shirt on the bottom of the door, blocking the light from escaping.

In fact, I'm doing that right now. << >> It's 4:30 in the morning right now, and I simply cannot sleep.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My insomnia came back in full force recently. I stayed up until 5, just not tired, forced myself to sleep, woke up at 9 completely find and not tired at all.

Lately, I haven't been able to get to sleep until at least 3, then it'd just hit a point where I wouldn't be tired at all.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
For a little more than a month now I've been staying up until around 4am and waking up around 10:30. I know it's horrible for my body, but I'm just never tired until at least 3am, regardless of whether I'm on the computer or not. Hopefully I'll be back in my healthy and regular 10pm-6am schedule once school starts back up.

D

Deleted member

Wow, I thought I had it bad. Last night, it only took me about two hours to get to sleep after I got in bed.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I have trouble sleeping, too. Well, up until about 3:00 AM or something. Thing is, I actually like staying up this late... or early.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I like to go to the 24/7 starbucks and chat with the other insomniacs from my town. We are an interesting set of people! Quite recently a girl began bringing telescopes for some star watching. Aparently the starbuck's manager during that shift is also an insomniac XD.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well it's only when I eat alot of sweets with alot of sugarthat I have problems going to sleep, other than that, I easily fall asless arouing midnight or so, and wake up around 7 in the morning to watch the olympics

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Sometimes, during weeks where I have nothing to do, I'll wind up staying awake later every night than the night before and wake up later the day after. So for example, it starts with me staying up one night to 3am, then the next night I'll be up past 5am, then the next day I'm in bed by about 8 or 9am, and so on until by the end of the week I wind up going full circle, so I get a reasonable amount of sleep each night, but I end up going to sleep 1 less time than I usual, so I guess I don't really have much to complain about.

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
Im the same...Its just takes me awhile to sleep...I mean Ive had to deal with a LOT and everything, but still...Up late all the time, its 10 to 6 where I am :S

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had no idea that this would be such a great topic for the Pool room! I'm sending friend requests to all of you insomniacs! It's our sleep schedule that unites us!

Heh... I like how alot of the smash writers responded. I'm a writer, too (some of you may have read my short story >_<). I wonder if that has to do with anything... I have a professor who is a writer and she has insomnia, too. Interesting... I dunno, tho... with me, it's like I could sleep whenever I felt like it, like now... but instead stay up. It's like i'm possessed and I end up getting stuck surfing 4chan or Smashboards or Newgrounds or Digg or the plethora of other welcome distractions from real life that the internet provides. In fact, I'm sure there's many cases of insomnia caused by the 24 hour escape called the Internet. If it wasn't for the internet, all of us insomniacs would really just be alone in our houses, trying to get to sleep X_X

That makes sense, I do feel slightly less tired when I stare at this screen. I guess it's the light shining directly into your eyes, because it doesn't happen so much at other times during the day X_X

Sometimes I don't get to sleep until five in the morning, even on school days which sucks. I would spend time on "teh internets," but my lap top's light shines through the crack in my doors, making it obvious when I'm on. I've been busted before.
Tuck a towel/shirt into your door crack. Your parents wont know a thing.

Yooo.

I can't sleep well either. It's a mix of not wanting sleep, trying to "put off" school for as long as I can, I enjoy the night, and staying up so late lets you think on things.

You KNOW you have issues when one day you go "Woah! I'm AWAKE today! What an odd feeling..." :bee:
I know what you mean. I haven't felt well rested in over 3 months : D

I have the opposite problem: a varying case of Narcolepsy. I have trouble staying awake sometimes.

Although I stay up pretty late sometimes.
You have my pity, Dr.Mario Guy. I could understand missing sleep, but missing life? Ouch! What a cooincidence that you posted in my thread and later on we'd be eating pizza at CiCi's together :laugh:. Also, congrats on managing to three-stock Hylian that one round!

For a little more than a month now I've been staying up until around 4am and waking up around 10:30. I know it's horrible for my body, but I'm just never tired until at least 3am, regardless of whether I'm on the computer or not. Hopefully I'll be back in my healthy and regular 10pm-6am schedule once school starts back up.
I'm rarely getting more than 6 hours of sleep a night these days, too. Never had a healthy schedule, though. Just a less unhealthy one ; )

I have trouble sleeping, too. Well, up until about 3:00 AM or something. Thing is, I actually like staying up this late... or early.
I enjoy it to an extent as well, otherwise I'd be more deadset on going to sleep O_O

I actually wrote a poem about sleepless nights once, I think I'll post it in the poetry thread later.

I think I'm going to die if I try to stay up any longer tonight. Peace out to all my sleepless homies! ^_^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It seems that a lot of people who write have insomnia. My teacher at school said he got some of his best ideas while not sleeping throughout the night.

As for me, I think I do so much stuff to fit it all in before curfew that I'm still excited/energized/whatever when I get into bed, I'm not the least bit tired.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think I only have trouble sleeping when I know I won't have much to do the next day, but jeez even in the school year I would usually not go to bed before 2 A.M., and that's on the good days. Sometimes I look at the clock and it reads past 5. >.<

Ilex

Smash Ace
It seems that a lot of people who write have insomnia. My teacher at school said he got some of his best ideas while not sleeping throughout the night.

As for me, I think I do so much stuff to fit it all in before curfew that I'm still excited/energized/whatever when I get into bed, I'm not the least bit tired.
I've noticed this too. I have way more inspiration and creativity at 4am than I do at 4pm.

Isn't it funny how nearly all the posts in this thread were made in the very early morning?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Isn't it funny how nearly all the posts in this thread were made in the very early morning?
Ha! I guess that makes sense. Asside from a short streak of posts from about noon to 7pm, pretty much every post is between midnight and 8am.
I'm sending friend requests to all of you insomniacs!
Apparently my sleep schedule isn't abnormal enough for a friend request...:(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not much of an insomniac, if I go into bed at 12 or 1 I'll fall to sleep. I usually stay up till 2 and wake up at 9 or 10 but I'm still sort of tired [even right now] but I can't go back to sleep.

If I go with too much sleep I seriously start to feel the effects.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Smashboards is a forum full of zombies O_O. I am included in that though xD.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I don't have as much as a sleeping problem as I used to. During the school year I usually go to bed around 11 to 12. And in the summer it's always weird, this summer it was around 3 PM to 6 AM.

Smash Master
I hate sleep. Sleep is for the weak. Every time I feel like sleeping more than five hours a night during the school year I study one of my textbooks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I hate sleep. Sleep is for the weak.
I suppose eating is for the misguided souls that think they need nourishment :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I like being awake, but even the most hardcore insomniac sleeps at some point.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I am partially nocturnal. Well sort of. I can pretty much wake up and start functioning with any amount of sleep really, but I tend to stay up extremely late and I dont like to get out of bed until as late as possible.

Sleeping from 4 am until 4 pm is not unusual for me.

smash inc

Smash Cadet
I sometimes can't sleep but usually its something bothers me the light is in my eye or i'm thirsty but thats about it.

Top Bottom