• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
When someone quotes your post about Tales which leads you to think that they can talk about it with you only to find out that they don't and you're like
image.jpeg

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
When someone quotes your post about Tales which leads you to think that they can talk about it with you only to find out that they don't and you're like
Heh, sorry.

I've played through Xillia which I thought was pretty good. Story was alright and I loved the gameplay. Did basically everything besides beat the gold dude and any NG+ stuff. Then I picked up Symphonia blindly and it turns out it was missables hell and me and my friend kinda noped out pretty fast.

Your old avatar was somebody from Abyss, right? Brown hair, glasses. Can't remember the name...

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Heh, sorry.

I've played through Xillia which I thought was pretty good. Story was alright and I loved the gameplay. Did basically everything besides beat the gold dude and any NG+ stuff. Then I picked up Symphonia blindly and it turns out it was missables hell and me and my friend kinda noped out pretty fast.

Your old avatar was somebody from Abyss, right? Brown hair, glasses. Can't remember the name...
Xillia is actually my favorite in the series; even if the story isn't super amazing like the other ones I liked the darker tone and more realistic setting it has. It also happens to host my favorite Tales character.

You didn't like Symphonia? Never thought I'd see the day.

My old avatar was Jade Curtiss, my second favorite charcter in Abyss. Now it's Richard from Graces.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Whenever somebody talks about FE all I can think about is how terrible Awakening is, butthat'sclearlyanunpopularopinionaroundheresoIdon'tsayanything.
I mean, the characters and story weren't THAT bad (though there were some characters that I couldn't stand and the valm arc was pointless as sh*t)

But real talk, I've seen better map design in rom hacks, and that's sad.

So anyway, Sonic Mania looks awesome
I'm looking forward to it, I loved the genesis games as a kid, I think it looks promising.

'17 I can't get behind because it's just CGI
is that what people are calling it? Meh, I'll give it a chance, but I can see where you're coming from, it does give me some sonic 06' vibes.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Xillia is actually my favorite in the series; even if the story isn't super amazing like the other ones I liked the darker tone and more realistic setting it has. It also happens to host my favorite Tales character.

You didn't like Symphonia? Never thought I'd see the day.

My old avatar was Jade Curtiss, my second favorite charcter in Abyss. Now it's Richard from Graces.
Lemme guess... Alvin?

Well, it's partly because it's like impossible to get everything the first time, and also that there's no easy way to find the information because it's a semi-obscure JRPG from 2002. We'd probably play through it if there was a decent guide to get everything sanely obtainable before NG+.

I mean, the characters and story weren't THAT bad (though there were some characters that I couldn't stand and the valm arc was pointless as sh*t)

But real talk, I've seen better map design in rom hacks, and that's sad.

I'm looking forward to it, I loved the genesis games as a kid, I think it looks promising.

is that what people are calling it? Meh, I'll give it a chance, but I can see where you're coming from, it does give me some sonic 06' vibes.
Anybody who wasn't a main character (and a bunch that are) could be summed up in one sentence... The cast is too big for it's own good with the children mechanic.

It's not even the map design that I despise. It's that the game was built around pair-up. PU or die, no exceptions. Well, unless you want to grind for a year. There's literally no tactics or thought to it. Even Hyrule Warriors has a decent amount of interaction and thought...

It's a tactical RPG with zero tactics and one of the most pathetic cast of characters I've seen in a Nintendo game. Only game that's worse in the character department is Fates but at least the gameplay is good. Awakening is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Actually it's being called "project 2017" so it's '17 for short. People would probably be calling it generations 2 if not for the fact that SEGA is quite adamant that it's not that.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Lemme guess... Alvin?

Well, it's partly because it's like impossible to get everything the first time, and also that there's no easy way to find the information because it's a semi-obscure JRPG from 2002. We'd probably play through it if there was a decent guide to get everything sanely obtainable before NG+.
You right; why would it be anyone other than Alvin lol? He's voiced by Mathew Mercer and has the best development out of all the chaacters. I love all of the other protagonists and Gaius is probably my favorite antagonist in the series, but Alvin was undeniably the best character.

Yeah, the puzzles are really challenging and do give little information on what to do next, but if you're looking for a walkthrough then there's a full in depth walkthrough on gamefaqs that I believe was made by a guy named Kratos1997.? Look it up; the guy's name starts with Kratos.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
'17 I can't get behind because it's just CGI.
yeah, i can't understand. I honestly won't be really hyped until we see some gameplay. but from the CGI trailer, i do like the direction they are taking the story at least.

Whenever somebody talks about FE all I can think about is how terrible Awakening is, butthat'sclearlyanunpopularopinionaroundheresoIdon'tsayanything.
Eh i don't blame you. Honestly, i generally like more of the characters in Awakening then i do in Fates, but honestly, Fates is the better game (it's just Awakening done better). But the story is really just all over the place. It proves once again that no body besides a few (Doctor Who, Back To the Future) actually understand how time travel would work.

Like Lancer said, it's on name atm is Sonic Project 2017, so it's just '17 for now. Sort of like how Breath of the Wild was Zelda U for like 3 years.

Admitting, i wasn't into Sonic when '06 was coming out, so i really don't have a connection to the build and disappointment of the game, but i really hope that it's no the case with Project 2017

People would probably be calling it generations 2 if not for the fact that SEGA is quite adamant that it's not that.
Some people have actually been calling it Generations 2, despite Sega stating after the trailer, they said it was NOT a sequel. It's a unique game. Though that's not stopping all the salty fans

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
2017 is the year I graduate high school. Don't ruin it for me Sega/Sonic Team. I'm already plotting my personal senior prank and I have high hopes that LHS will actually make it to state finals this year for marching season.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But the story is really just all over the place. It proves once again that no body besides a few (Doctor Who, Back To the Future) actually understand how time travel would work.
Can't say I know much about Who, but BttF has a lot of weirdness. This actually came up in Zero Time Dilemma, lol. But there's no time travel... It's sorta relevant to the game, I guess.

Anyway...

The most apparent one is the two Martys. In the original timeline, Marty's dad is a wuss and let Biff bully him his whole life, sees Doc get shot, and leaves for the past and changes things for the better. Then there's the second timeline where, after Marty changes everything, Marty's dad is Biff's boss and is a wealthy Sci-fi writer. The snarl is that the Marty born in the new timeline sees Doc and goes back. What happens to him?

In the second movie he goes to the future with his girlfriend, steps in for his kid, accidentally lets Biff change the "present" (this is the "worst present" henceforth), goes to said past from a ripple, apparently, and drops off his girlfriend there before fixing things again. The ripple is weird enough, but let's say we're in their universe and it makes sense. This means that reality can take time to apply changes for some reason (like in the first movie where Marty fades, though that doesn't really explain why Marty went from the "bad" present to the "good" one) or there's a weird butterfly effect where simply time traveling can influence something in the current timeline and catapult you onto a different one but that's just flimsy.

So, if old Biff could change the present by going to the past, why couldn't Good timeline w/ Sci-fi dad Marty? (GM from here on out, MM for the Marty we follow in the Movies.) He left in the same place at the same time as MM did. MM's influence on Doc plus GM's potentially different actions could of changed the destination time but he never returns like old Biff. Either he's in an alternate timeline, which can't happen unless the "ripple" was a timeline jump, or he never made it back and when it "rippled" nothing noticable happened. At best he's with some kind of time police force that Jules and Vern made but that's pure fanfic.

So we don't end up with MM replacing GM completely, let's talk timelines. GM had to of gone somewhere... The past in his timeline? Well, unless jumping to the exact same time and space overwrote MM in the past (my God this is confusing) then he's... Somewhere else. In another timeline. Yeah. But the timeline he ended up in already has or will have a Marty right? Well, not necessarily. He could of ended up in MM's timeline, He could of went to the past, met up with Doc without "changing" the future, and ended up travelling forwards on MM's timeline. I'll let you decide if he saved Doc... To him the future changed though. Or he jumped to some boring timeline where his entire family and everybody he knew didn't exist and made a movie trilogy out of it.

But now, the girlfriend... She's sitting on somebody's porch in the worst timeline. Marty and Doc leave this timeline with the Miramobile DeLorian and she's stuck. And to make matters more confusing there's another GF on another porch in a different timeline with a fax from the future who then greats MM in a timeline where Clara never went down the cliff and "Clint" did. But how'd that happen if they never went to the west after visiting the past to fix things? A different Marty and/or Doc did, I guess. But there's still another Marty in the timeline where MM ended up. Jules and Vern have some cleaning up to do...

Okay, fine, screw GM, ripples are real. But how could anybody remember anything from different timelines if people and things can be erased? It's just flimsy again...

lol I overthink things

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Can't say I know much about Who, but BttF has a lot of weirdness. This actually came up in Zero Time Dilemma, lol. But there's no time travel... It's sorta relevant to the game, I guess.

Anyway...

The most apparent one is the two Martys. In the original timeline, Marty's dad is a wuss and let Biff bully him his whole life, sees Doc get shot, and leaves for the past and changes things for the better. Then there's the second timeline where, after Marty changes everything, Marty's dad is Biff's boss and is a wealthy Sci-fi writer. The snarl is that the Marty born in the new timeline sees Doc and goes back. What happens to him?

In the second movie he goes to the future with his girlfriend, steps in for his kid, accidentally lets Biff change the "present" (this is the "worst present" henceforth), goes to said past from a ripple, apparently, and drops off his girlfriend there before fixing things again. The ripple is weird enough, but let's say we're in their universe and it makes sense. This means that reality can take time to apply changes for some reason (like in the first movie where Marty fades, though that doesn't really explain why Marty went from the "bad" present to the "good" one) or there's a weird butterfly effect where simply time traveling can influence something in the current timeline and catapult you onto a different one but that's just flimsy.

So, if old Biff could change the present by going to the past, why couldn't Good timeline w/ Sci-fi dad Marty? (GM from here on out, MM for the Marty we follow in the Movies.) He left in the same place at the same time as MM did. MM's influence on Doc plus GM's potentially different actions could of changed the destination time but he never returns like old Biff. Either he's in an alternate timeline, which can't happen unless the "ripple" was a timeline jump, or he never made it back and when it "rippled" nothing noticable happened. At best he's with some kind of time police force that Jules and Vern made but that's pure fanfic.

So we don't end up with MM replacing GM completely, let's talk timelines. GM had to of gone somewhere... The past in his timeline? Well, unless jumping to the exact same time and space overwrote MM in the past (my God this is confusing) then he's... Somewhere else. In another timeline. Yeah. But the timeline he ended up in already has or will have a Marty right? Well, not necessarily. He could of ended up in MM's timeline, He could of went to the past, met up with Doc without "changing" the future, and ended up travelling forwards on MM's timeline. I'll let you decide if he saved Doc... To him the future changed though. Or he jumped to some boring timeline where his entire family and everybody he knew didn't exist and made a movie trilogy out of it.

But now, the girlfriend... She's sitting on somebody's porch in the worst timeline. Marty and Doc leave this timeline with the Miramobile DeLorian and she's stuck. And to make matters more confusing there's another GF on another porch in a different timeline with a fax from the future who then greats MM in a timeline where Clara never went down the cliff and "Clint" did. But how'd that happen if they never went to the west after visiting the past to fix things? A different Marty and/or Doc did, I guess. But there's still another Marty in the timeline where MM ended up. Jules and Vern have some cleaning up to do...

Okay, fine, screw GM, ripples are real. But how could anybody remember anything from different timelines if people and things can be erased? It's just flimsy again...

lol I overthink things
Eh, i haven't seen the BttF movies in a while and haven't full seen number 2 so i might skip with the wall of text.

But in regards to Doctor Who, I'm a pretty big fan with it (having watch at least all the new seasons episodes) Awakening breaks one of the most simple and import rules of time travel;

Don't go back in the past and change the past. That just creates a pardox, meaning that said time travel never happened.

In the case of Awakening, by Lucina going back to stop Grima from Killing Chrom and co and Defeating Grima, she therefore stop the reason for her coming back in time, meaning she never went back in time and therefore, Paradox. The only way Lucina could possible be in the past is that she is from an Alternate timeline. Meaning Baby Lucina isn't big Lucina and the Chrom isn't Big Lucina's actual father.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hi Everyone. So, I'm considering picking up Pit as my 3rd main. I'm a bit confused on how to play him and I really don't know anything about the character, could you guys give me some advice on how to play Pit and some great Combo Starters. (a guide would be nice :))

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hi Everyone. So, I'm considering picking up Pit as my 3rd main. I'm a bit confused on how to play him and I really don't know anything about the character, could you guys give me some advice on how to play Pit and some great Combo Starters. (a guide would be nice :))
Hello there~
hai gif.gif

Pit is certainly a wonderful character, right?

This guide is written by @Dr. Snakes . He did a wonderful job on it so you should check it out

This thread is made by Mr. ShinyUmbreon Mr. ShinyUmbreon and it shows the combo percentage window for the cast

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Ya know, with the time I'll have to lab, I think I should make two posts:

One being the upperdash/electroshock kill percents and the other being the uses of orbitars.

The latter post I have to say thank GOD more people are understanding the usefulness of orbies, but I still feel that people should fully understand their uses in gimping and landing.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ya know, with the time I'll have to lab, I think I should make two posts:

One being the upperdash/electroshock kill percents and the other being the uses of orbitars.

The latter post I have to say thank GOD more people are understanding the usefulness of orbies, but I still feel that people should fully understand their uses in gimping and landing.
I remember Lancer making a thread on Pit and Dank Pit's KO percentages and I bookmarked it.

I decided to check it again and this is what happened:
upload_2016-7-28_17-42-31.png

upload_2016-7-28_17-42-52.png

SMH TR4SHBOARDS

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello there~
View attachment 113144

Pit is certainly a wonderful character, right?

This guide is written by @Dr. Snakes . He did a wonderful job on it so you should check it out

This thread is made by Mr. ShinyUmbreon Mr. ShinyUmbreon and it shows the combo percentage window for the cast
Thank You for making me feel welcome here :b:

So, I was wondering what is the main difference between Pit and Dark Pit besides a few specials. I know some Pit mains play both of the characters. Why is that?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Thank You for making me feel welcome here :b:

So, I was wondering what is the main difference between Pit and Dark Pit besides a few specials. I know some Pit mains play both of the characters. Why is that?
iirc the only diffs besides the arrows and arms are their ftilts. Dark Pit's is slighty weaker in knockback (not damage). He'll kill later with the tipper than Pit, but his can lock opponents at low percents

Both of the angels have slightly different match-ups with some characters because of either Pit's arrows or Dark Pit's electroshock. One example would be Rosalina with Dark Pit being the preferred angel because of his ease to kill Luma with side b

But other than that you can practically play the 2 with little to no difference besides the specials

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Welcome

Long story short

Always pick Pit. Always

Emmington

Smash Cadet
Guyz, I just made a bet that if the our band made it to state finals I would have to shave my head and pierce my belly button.
Amazing.
I'll be rooting for you, if only for that to actually happen.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
CHOMPY CHOMPY

I notice you like to stale your Fthrow, like in this video here:

Why do you do that so often with Pit? I feel like there were times where I would have preferred Uthrow to Fthrow, especially when you're not particularly aggressive offstage to follow up immediately after the throw and don't use your Ftilt so much. With dark Pit, I'm a lot more prone to staling Fthrow because of the Electroarm, plus I often drop down offstage to confirm kills, but your main kill option is Fthrow based on the videos I've seen (this video and a vid of you playing against a Shulk a few weeks ago). Why use it so much?

Also, your movement is awesome. I need to get my Pit to move so much better; sometimes I feel so slow. How can I practice my movement options and get those quick inputs like you seem to do? Are you foxtrotting most of the time in your matches, which is why you're able to change direction so suddenly?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Up throw kills waaaaaay later than f throw. I almost neer use it unless if I'm on a platform. I use a lot of f throw combos at low percents because they're flashier, technically more damaging, and no one can see it coming unless they understand me well enough, which requires a LOT of games to play against me. My sonic is the same way (though obviously with different fundementals). In fact, about my sonic playstyle, not only do I play more like Supergirlkels, but I'm probably the one sonic player that NEVER SPIN DASHES INTO SHIELD. I've never found a use for it when compared to when I just naturally run in circles or jumping in my charging spin dashes.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Not that old; I thought you were a 21 year old british guy who recently graduated college, but now you're around 16(?) or 17(?) and you live in Australia. Your signature is what made me think that.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Inb4 double post fragmentation (probably won't get one though cause it's been a while).

Anyways, I just played two money matches against a couple guys from percussion at a party today. I 3-0'd both of them.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I hope:4pit:/ :4darkpit: gets a damage buff and less endlag on N-air and F-air. If there is a next patch however....

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I hope:4pit:/ :4darkpit: gets a damage buff and less endlag on N-air and F-air. If there is a next patch however....
If we're talking autocancels then they're really good already... Landing lag I don't think they'll touch because then he'd basically get a SH double Fair, but with fullhop Dair > aerial.

Unless the SSB NX port pans out and they decide to balance some things I'm pretty sure patches are done.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I personally believe that the team has pretty much done everything they need to do with patches atm. All they need to do is give puff a combo throw, make ganon faster, bring back sonic's bthrow/strengthen fthrow, strengthen pit's fthrow, nerf the **** out of ness's bthrow, and I'd pretty much be satisfied with the game.

Top Bottom