• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Don't we all want to change our names at some point. Man I hate my current username.

Edit: just got off of twitter and found out that an MKLeo fanboy blocked me on twitter because I said that I personally don't believe that he could be the best, even though I admit he has some relative potential.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Dead Forever
Not as dead as what I had to say on Facebook a couple weeks ago. Since I can't link the post properly like you can with YT and twitter links, I'll just type it out here.
Here's something to listen to while reading:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDOfQQm_ofM
Now for the post:
"As much as I don't want to do this, it has to be done: I am going on a smash hiatus. Yeah, I am taking a long break from smash for a while.
For those who don't know, I am going to be a senior at high school. This wouldn't prevent me from playing if it weren't for the fact that I'll be taking an ICE at some point. Not sure where, but definitely soon. I have never taken any type of internship before, let alone one that I can get paid for doing, so it's best that I try to get the hang of my internship before I bring my focus to smash again. There's also the whole college application thing and all that jazz.
My other reason is that I am going to be section leader for my high school's pit percussion section in marchig band. That brings one HELL of a lot of responsibilities. And I'll want everyone to feel comfortable with the fact that I'm section leader after the previous one being such an outgoing person who everyone looked up to, was top 10 in her class, showed such phenomonal dedication, and always tried her hardest. That's difficult for me to compete with since I'm barely in the top 50% of my class and I'm nowhere near as social, so having a secondary career on the side will blow over everything, and I want to do everything that I can to make sure that our marching band actually makes it to state finals for once, show them how great of a leader I can be, and try to make everyone have fun while doing so, especially the newbies. This is also the time of year when life starts forcing me to accumulate what little money I have (so the ICE will help quite a bit) and I wouldn't be able to afford going to most tournaments anyways :p
As much as I love smash and want to have it as a future career in my life, I have to put it aside for stuff that is infinitely more important in the matter. I will slowly come back at around early November, which coincidentally I will be 18 and be going to tournaments a lot more since I'll actually be allowed to drive around the state instead of just fw (because otherwise my parents would have to drive me). By the time the second semester rolls around, I'll definitely start being more involved with the time I have in this state (since I'll be in college out of state), I'll get the hang of my ICE, and my schedule will be way clearer and I can go to tournaments. If I can go to the Xscape tournament next week, then that will be my last ride (unless if they host one more tournament before my senior year starts, then I'll consider going to that one). So with that said, here is my farewell for right now. I will see you when I see you."

As for a bonus message for you guys, the most I will do in game is lab when I have some time off from anything. I will still be on the boards, but everything I say for mu notes will be more in theory than usual. So until early November, farewell, SSB.
tumblr_o36vqn1CjK1u2lyiwo1_1280.png

Last you will see of the NecromanceRr for a while.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Not as dead as what I had to say on Facebook a couple weeks ago. Since I can't link the post properly like you can with YT and twitter links, I'll just type it out here.
Here's something to listen to while reading:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDOfQQm_ofM
Now for the post:
"As much as I don't want to do this, it has to be done: I am going on a smash hiatus. Yeah, I am taking a long break from smash for a while.
For those who don't know, I am going to be a senior at high school. This wouldn't prevent me from playing if it weren't for the fact that I'll be taking an ICE at some point. Not sure where, but definitely soon. I have never taken any type of internship before, let alone one that I can get paid for doing, so it's best that I try to get the hang of my internship before I bring my focus to smash again. There's also the whole college application thing and all that jazz.
My other reason is that I am going to be section leader for my high school's pit percussion section in marchig band. That brings one HELL of a lot of responsibilities. And I'll want everyone to feel comfortable with the fact that I'm section leader after the previous one being such an outgoing person who everyone looked up to, was top 10 in her class, showed such phenomonal dedication, and always tried her hardest. That's difficult for me to compete with since I'm barely in the top 50% of my class and I'm nowhere near as social, so having a secondary career on the side will blow over everything, and I want to do everything that I can to make sure that our marching band actually makes it to state finals for once, show them how great of a leader I can be, and try to make everyone have fun while doing so, especially the newbies. This is also the time of year when life starts forcing me to accumulate what little money I have (so the ICE will help quite a bit) and I wouldn't be able to afford going to most tournaments anyways :p
As much as I love smash and want to have it as a future career in my life, I have to put it aside for stuff that is infinitely more important in the matter. I will slowly come back at around early November, which coincidentally I will be 18 and be going to tournaments a lot more since I'll actually be allowed to drive around the state instead of just fw (because otherwise my parents would have to drive me). By the time the second semester rolls around, I'll definitely start being more involved with the time I have in this state (since I'll be in college out of state), I'll get the hang of my ICE, and my schedule will be way clearer and I can go to tournaments. If I can go to the Xscape tournament next week, then that will be my last ride (unless if they host one more tournament before my senior year starts, then I'll consider going to that one). So with that said, here is my farewell for right now. I will see you when I see you."

As for a bonus message for you guys, the most I will do in game is lab when I have some time off from anything. I will still be on the boards, but everything I say for mu notes will be more in theory than usual. So until early November, farewell, SSB.
View attachment 112259
Last you will see of the NecromanceRr for a while.
Hey, good luck~! I'm sure you'll do well! :3

When you're a leader, make sure you smile and have a positive attitude. It'll make others be in a cheerful mood :)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Anybody have some kinda niche game to recommend me? Feels like I've played everything worth playing... Doesn't help that most games I'm into I can beat in like a day, lol. Today at least I'm getting Zero Escape 3 (don't google it, massive spoilers for the first two) but after that it's looking like nothing but tumbleweeds for Nintendo fans...

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Anybody have some kinda niche game to recommend me? Feels like I've played everything worth playing... Doesn't help that most games I'm into I can beat in like a day, lol. Today at least I'm getting Zero Escape 3 (don't google it, massive spoilers for the first two) but after that it's looking like nothing but tumbleweeds for Nintendo fans...
I got nothin. Last games I've played (aside from smash) were Fire Emblem fates and Azure Striker gunvolt. I've been thinking about getting Tear Ring Saga for the playstation, (it's like the mighty no. 9 of fire emblem, only it isn't disappointing, or at least from what I've heard). Problem is that I can't get the english patch to work. PS emulators are confusing too.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Eyyyyyyyyyy I made tier lists for ALL of the smash games (except PM since my knowledge is lacking in that game) along with any choices that may seem odd.
64:
tier64.PNG
:link64:: Link is actually somewhat better than what other people think. He's still low tier because of his recovery and (to a lesser extent) frame data, but he has a powerful combo game and strong projectiles that I can't place him in bottom 3.
:dk64:: I'm dead serious. Besides that impractical grab infinite thing, name one thing that this character can do besides lose games and get bodied by friggin EVERYONE.
Melee:
tierm.PNG

:icsmelee:: I'm kinda with Hax on this one. If you really think about it, Icies might not be top 10 worthy anymore given how many characters they lose to. They aren't bad, but as PM showed us, if you remove wobbling, then they're notably less powerful.
:falcomelee:: Similar reasoning for Icies, but still an excellent character. Just not top 3 worthy anymore because he gets comboed so easily (and unlike fox, he has little chance of recovering back on stage once he's knocked off). I might even put peach above him because of how Armada's been doing this year.
:mariomelee:: While cycling through which melee characters to dual main, I once picked up mario. However, he has one major issue that other characters don't: HE CANNOT RELIABLY TAKE A STOCK. Doc can finish a combo with a fair, DK has the punch, and luigi has plenty of stuff. Mario can pretty much only hope to get a proper edgeguard or a kill at ridiculously high percents.
:gawmelee:: Similar to DK in 64 I see little in this character. Why does no one else call him bottom three?
Brawl:
tierb.PNG

:olimar:: Olimar is probably the biggest problem I have with the current official tier list. He's a little too pikmin reliant. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but he's nowhere top 3, or even top 5 imo.
:dedede:: Another big problem I have with the current official tier list. If you can't get a grab with him, there's not much you can do to get in. Plus, for a supposed "top tier character", he certainly struggles against quite a few charcaters, including ones below him.
:luigi2:: I can't even stress how underrated this guy is. He's one of the few characters [that require skill] with an actual combo game to speak of outside of chain grabs. You thought that his Sm4sh incarnation was annoying? You haven't even seen his Brawl version. You'd be lucky if you get to touch the friggin ground.
:pit:: You guys know how I feel about Brawl Pit, so no need to go into too much detail.
:zelda:: She isn't as bad as people say. Yeah, she's bottom tier, but not bottom 5 worthy imo. She can kind of combo, and do you have any idea how large that Din's fire hitbox is? It can hit you without actually hitting you.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
My ability on tier list judging is :kirbymelee: tier so I can't really discuss if it's not sm4sh buuuuut

and do you have any idea how large that Din's fire hitbox is? It can hit you without actually hitting you.
Din's fire is useful? :o

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Mhm; large hitbox, fast attack, lots of range, great for edgeguarding, goes a good distance, it's a very underrated move in brawl. You can even bait an air dodge with it because it slows down in speed the longer it travels.
Huh

So what are the main differences between Brawl's and Sm4sh Dins?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
In sm4sh it not only has a smaller hitbox, but also can deal more damage at the core, making it more powerful. However, it's significantly slower than Brawl's, especially at startup.
kk~

So there's no huge differences, right? But wouldn't that mean sm4sh dins = Brawl dins?
And sm4sh dins suck

Edit: Well, I mean there are some diffs but each one has it's own thing. So does the speed play a big part in brawl dins, making it better?

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Brawl's dins has much faster startup and I think comes out slightly faster (don't quote me on that, though). Sm4sh din does indeed suck, it was way better in Brawl. Sm4sh's is too slow compared to brawl.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So with all these Smash 4 texture mods coming out, are there any with good Pit costumes? He and Dark Pit get little to no love in a lot of the mods I've seen
I went and did some searching and I found some models

So first we got the 120 costume pack with one of them being Dark Pit which is this one:
It's black and white~

Even though only one of them is the angels, you should still check it out. Some of them are really pretty~

Second one is on GameBanana. They got skins for Pit and Dark Pit

There's also a mod where you can change the models so Pit is Pittoo and Pittoo is Pit
That's gonna get really confusing lol

And I also really like this Sakura and Elise Corrin. Even though I play male Corrin lol.
Femui is trash :^)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WWE 2K16 and Walking Dead Telltale seasons 1 and 2

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
WWE 2K16 and Walking Dead Telltale seasons 1 and 2
Kinda interesting in the Walking Dead but I don't have anything to play it on so... Wish we had more visual novel type stuff that isn't just weird Japanese dating sims. Going to be hard to top the Zero Escape trilogy. I think you can play the whole thing on Steam if anybody's interested.

Been playing a lot of Pokken outside of ZE3 lately... Seriously wondering why people don't think Braixen is busted, lol. Initially when Mewtwo was all OP people didn't really care about her because she really struggled in the MU, but now that it's managable... Yeah. She's got a ton of really good unique qualities like support cancels, generally getting supports faster, Sunny Day, a actually significant airgame... And no real weaknesses to speak of.

Light Screen keeps her relevant in any zoning war (you're totally immune to any projectile that doesn't counter pierce when you spam it WTF), and anybody without really good zoning absolutely has to contend with hers since she can just airdash away from everything and is still quite competent up close. Like, her grabs aren't threatening but she's good at punishing counters anyway. She's sorta on the frail side, 11/16 HP overall, but she's so hard to get in on it doesn't matter. Damage output is kinda low but since you're going to be dealing with a ton of projectiles she'll kill you in the typical two combos anyway... And that's before we get into Yvetal support setups, lol.

Never mind that Braixen pretty much shuts down any remotely big or slow character that isn't a strong zoner. Zard has this weird flight mode thing I've never been hit by once because she can just plunk him with a golf ball and he goes down like that Pidgey in the first episode. Machamp I'm sure has the absolute worst MU in the game against her, to the point where B2 ranked players couldn't get a single game off of me with him. Blaziken and Lucario struggle pretty hard... Garchomp can "get in" better but he kinda sucks anyway so whatever.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
So with all these Smash 4 texture mods coming out, are there any with good Pit costumes? He and Dark Pit get little to no love in a lot of the mods I've seen
http://gamebanana.com/skins/cats/11003
http://gamebanana.com/skins/cats/10972

Here are the skin mods for the pits. My personal favorites are the twinbellows pittoo, pitsugaya, and the strawberry jam pittoo, but there are tons of other good ones. Just pick your favorite.

Also here's a sound bank file I uploaded yesterday if anyone is interested:
http://gamebanana.com/sounds/31570

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, I never touched a sonic game besides the DS olympics one soooo.....

I dunno
Oh... well that's a bit of a shame i guess

Also, i can't help but get annoyed everytime i look at your avatar. I just dislike Takumi so much

:135:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Because he is a mega *** in both birthrights and (so far) in conquest. I mean seriously, the man just does not listen to reason at all. It's rather annoying

at least he's relevant to the plot unlike Hinoka and Sakura.
The only time I really hated Taco meat was in conquest chapter 23, where on Hard/lunatic he has both vengeance and rend heaven, and with his massive skill stat, they're almost garunteed to proc. and he has a balista too. Which can fire in spurts, and when he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Because he is a mega *** in both birthrights and (so far) in conquest. I mean seriously, the man just does not listen to reason at all. It's rather annoying

ok that part is kiiiiiinda true

Maybe a lot true lol

But he's a sweet memer guy~ He goes through a lot of growth and all that~
at least he's relevant to the plot unlike Hinoka and Sakura. The time I really hated Taco meat was in conquest chapter 23, where on Hard/lunatic he has both vengeance and rend heaven, and with his massive skill stat, they're almost garunteed to proc. and he has a balista too. Which can fire in spurts, and when he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt.
Maybe you should spoiler that

BUT OMG WHY IS HIS SKILL STAT SO HIGH LITERALLY

And Hinoka is so ****ing irrelevant it's so sad

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
fine...
not even gonna acknowledge the DK rap reference?
wait

OMG I didn't even realize that smh
But I think the part where I just went 'no' was the the second floor where Oboro and 82388720938 enemies are. wtf. Oh and Hinata and the goddamn snipers

ShinyUmbreon what are your faves from Fates? :>

Also Leokumi s,lkndfdlskjfsd
sample_43be6c1be82e172b72fe7c2a02d6f4d350337059.png

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
But I think the part where I just went 'no' was the the second floor where Oboro and 82388720938 enemies are. wtf. Oh and Hinata and the goddamn snipers
I usually have my fliers carry everyone over the gap and skip hinata, on my lunatic run I had to do some bull**** involving abusing the AI and entrap staves in order to get past that part. Long story short, my turn count was 105 turns by the end of it.

ShinyUmbreon what are your faves from Fates? :>
My faves are Niles, Leo and Odin

Niles is basically required early game conquest, and can one-round a lot of enemies in his join chapter and is probably one of the best thief/archers in the series stats wise. Also, I'm a huge fan of sadistic humor in fiction, though if he were someone in real life, I would probably hate him.

Leo has always been my low-key mvp, in my revelation-lunatic run, Leo was my highest leveled unit in the end because none of my other units could deal damage to generals.(Elise could, but she's made out of glass and gets stuck in e-rank hell) I like him personality-wise too, he has some of the best supports in conquest and I'm always a fan of the snarky smart-aleck characters. He's the type of guy you have to earn respect from, and that's something I really like about him.

Odin is a cheater because he was my favorite character in awakening and now he's back again in this game. Odin is an amazing balance of comic relief and well, just being a really good character. I LOVE that he has access to myrmidon samurai branch and not only that, but he keeps his unique color pallet too! I wish other characters in fates could have unique color pallets for when they reclass.

Also, I think you would like this;

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I usually have my fliers carry everyone over the gap and skip hinata, on my lunatic run I had to do some bull**** involving abusing the AI and entrap staves in order to get past that part. Long story short, my turn count was 105 turns by the end of it.

My faves are Niles, Leo and Odin

Niles is basically required early game conquest, and can one-round a lot of enemies in his join chapter and is probably one of the best thief/archers in the series stats wise. Also, I'm a huge fan of sadistic humor in fiction, though if he were someone in real life, I would probably hate him.

Leo has always been my low-key mvp, in my revelation-lunatic run, Leo was my highest leveled unit in the end because none of my other units could deal damage to generals.(Elise could, but she's made out of glass and gets stuck in e-rank hell) I like him personality-wise too, he has some of the best supports in conquest and I'm always a fan of the snarky smart-aleck characters. He's the type of guy you have to earn respect from, and that's something I really like about him.

Odin is a cheater because he was my favorite character in awakening and now he's back again in this game. Odin is an amazing balance of comic relief and well, just being a really good character. I LOVE that he has access to myrmidon samurai branch and not only that, but he keeps his unique color pallet too! I wish other characters in fates could have unique color pallets for when they reclass.

Also, I think you would like this;
I personally think pineapples and tomatoes go together :^)

My top faves has to be:

1. Keaton
2. Kaden
3. Soleil
4. Nina
5./6. Leo/Takumi

I just really like the shapeshifters for some reason. I always thought they looked and played cool. Nowi was my fav in Awakening~

Soleil is ****ing adorable and Nina is literally me

Leo and Takumi are just both adorable together, personality-wise and looks

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
at least he's relevant to the plot unlike Hinoka and Sakura.
The only time I really hated Taco meat was in conquest chapter 23, where on Hard/lunatic he has both vengeance and rend heaven, and with his massive skill stat, they're almost garunteed to proc. and he has a balista too. Which can fire in spurts, and when he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt.
Well it's too late i already ready. Makes me kind of thankful i lowered the difficulty to Newcomer (though it's still perme death)

Conquests was just too ****ing Hard on hard.

ok that part is kiiiiiinda true

Maybe a lot true lol

But he's a sweet memer guy~ He goes through a lot of growth and all that~
I guess to be fair, Ryomu is kind of a **** as well in Conquest

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well it's too late i already ready. Makes me kind of thankful i lowered the difficulty to Newcomer (though it's still perme death)

Conquests was just too ****ing Hard on hard.

I guess to be fair, Ryomu is kind of a **** as well in Conquest

Waaaaait what chapter are you on in Conquest?

Cuz I don't wanna give spoilers

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Chapter 13 i think

(the one in Cheve after the medical mission, which i might was SOOOOO ****ING ANNOYING!!!!)

The one with the pots and you get Xander's retainers, right?

Ryouma bro, just let us through geez
Little Elise... ;-;

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The one with the pots and you get Xander's retainers, right?

Ryouma bro, just let us through geez
Little Elise... ;-;
Yeah Laslow and Peri. Those pots where rather annoying at times

Exactly. I mean seriously, the Nohrians were never this cruel during BirthRights.

Just let us save Elise Ryouma... come on bro.

What's worse is what Takumi does to Elise (the main reason his is my least favourite)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
For some reason whenever people talk about fire emblem I can't help but think how the Tales series is so much better imo.
Whenever somebody talks about FE all I can think about is how terrible Awakening is, butthat'sclearlyanunpopularopinionaroundheresoIdon'tsayanything.

So anyway, Sonic Mania looks awesome. '17 I can't get behind because it's just CGI.

In what situations do y'all land an on stage DAir spike? I'd like to land it more often for kill confirms but I'm having trouble getting them outside of run up RAR DAirs, which aren't successful that often
Mostly by accident... I don't usually go for it because people tech it all the time.

Top Bottom