• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

M@v

Subarashii!
Shaya mm me at this =D

I wouldn't mind doing mk and/or fox vs marth. If I'm picking just 1 though, it'd be mk :3

M@v

Subarashii!
It sucks for fox. But its a lot easier if the marth doesn't know it. Still more comfortable with mk in it though because its that much of a ***** for fox. I feel its his worst mu outside of the 3 "death" mus.

Also I saw that edit >=P

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
aight so 90% confirmed

anybody leaving from Philly to the tournament on Saturday morning? I'm flying into Philly early Sat morning.

Same goes on the way back - anybody going back to Philly on Sunday night?

BMC

Smash Cadet
Room 3 only had two people left and it was not worth it.

We will be staying at:

BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn
764 Route 18, East Brunswick, New Jersey

Room 1 (10 People) (Locked)

Tony T
Pane
Esam (Payment Received)
Trela
Denti
MJG
Dabuz
Will (Payment Received)
Jash
Tiny?

Room 2 (9 people) (Changes May Occur)

MVD
Seibrik
Mekos (Can come to room 1 to Practice with Esam for Doubles but cant sleep in there) (Payment Received)
Player 1
DRN
Ghost
Archer (Payment Received)
Budget Player Cadet
Dark Pch?

Garmvs Room (4 or 5 people) (Changes May Occur)

GarmV

GarmV has 3-4 spots available in his room however he is charging $40-$45 per person So let me know if anyone is interested.

PLEASE SEND PAYMENT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!

UPDATED 7/9/12 2:05pm
I'll need to stay at the hotel Saturday night only. I can pay you in person, if that's ok.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Looking forward to when pools are done. Always nice seeing who you are going up against first a couple days in advance.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Registrants have almost already doubled from 2 weeks ago.

In the future I'm never showing current attendance early cause some people were acting emo going "wow wtf SKTAR only has 45 entrants a month before the tourney?? They won't surpass 70 for singles so I'm not going"

Some did that for Apex thinking it wouldn't surpass 300 people when it had 260 for Brawl a month or so before the tourney, then it went up to 400 :O

Have more faith in last minute registrants people!!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I may still end up having to miss out due to my crazy *** mother:
"Oh so you booked flights overseas 6 days before leaving? Gonna have to 1 up you son, THREE DAYS, and the moment you get here I'M TAKING YOU ON A CRUISE TO ALASKA"
Get hype.

Perhaps you finding and "murdering" me may be a viable option.

Keitaro

No more refunds beginning now. Just a general notice towards everyone. Gonna have to sell your spot from here on out.

Shaya would be the only exception since he posted before midnight.

Deez.

Smash Lord
My carpool and I are still looking for cheap housing if anyone knows anyone please contact me on here or facebook.. Tony T do you have any room left?

V1CE

Smash Champion
remember I am getting a room at the same hotel as tony t...

if anyone needs a room and wants to join mine and chip in let me know...

pm me so far its...

V1CE
ScottyOB
Stockfield?
Bassem?

PM me if you want to stay in the room i can fit about 6 to 8 people i guess and if you dont want to sleep on the floor bring something to help u with that.

also i will get the room on friday when i get to the venue with pane since i think i am going with him from Long island

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Keitaro you never answered my question :/ Me and Pane are trying to team but he's not able to pay through his card atm. He's already registered for singles though. Is there anyway I can pay for him?

Tony T

Smash Ace
yo deez $5

I'll be accepting all money matches, unless you're Atomsk.
lol @ the unless you're Atomsk part.

@BMC and Deez: I'm not sure I have to go over the list in the morning if I dont have the room ask Vice please.

@Vice: Ty so much for this man I appreciate it I can't afford the third room on my card and I was worried for people who still didn't have housing or needed housing and this really helps so thank you.
Also they are out of the non smoking rooms so only the smoking kind were open I canceled the third room earlier and I believe you can book it and not have your money taken out until you check in, one more thing if you're doing the three night promotion it will be between $250- $300 for all three nights tax included well I hope this helps.

@Keitaro: not a problem at all, this was so you can focus on the tournament and not have so much stress on your back, if things work out well enough I may do this again but I need help from Alex on which Hotels are near the venue other than the Hyatt and I think you know which event I'm talking about lol.

Keitaro

keitaro is that the final updated list for people who registered?
I delayed registration to tomorrow at 1 PM so it may increase. I also have to take out like 5 people but don't know how to yet. So numbers wise it may be accurate but I think there will be a couple more entrants along the way.

Keitaro you never answered my question :/ Me and Pane are trying to team but he's not able to pay through his card atm. He's already registered for singles though. Is there anyway I can pay for him?

Sorry about that. If you can send me $10 to my paypal Richking87@live.com I can register him for singles. Just let me know after you send the money please.

Edit: Meant to say doubles.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Registrants have almost already doubled from 2 weeks ago.

In the future I'm never showing current attendance early cause some people were acting emo going "wow wtf SKTAR only has 45 entrants a month before the tourney?? They won't surpass 70 for singles so I'm not going"

Some did that for Apex thinking it wouldn't surpass 300 people when it had 260 for Brawl a month or so before the tourney, then it went up to 400 :O

Have more faith in last minute registrants people!!
I know this feel all too well.

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try my best to go to this, but the thing is since its 2 days long i need a place to stay will anyone be kind enough to let me stay in there house or hotel ? i would have got my own hotel but i'm only 14 :(

Keitaro

I'm going to try my best to go to this, but the thing is since its 2 days long i need a place to stay will anyone be kind enough to let me stay in there house or hotel ? i would have got my own hotel but i'm only 14 :(
If you're able to come I will personally make sure you're able to find someone to at least be in a hotel room with. Shouldn't cost much either.

Keitaro

I know this feel all too well.
Yeah man. Check out the stats from Juggleguy

I was bored and tracked registration stats from SKTAR, which is a Brawl national tourney happening next weekend... thought you guys might be interested:

38 registrants on 6/1
55 registrants on 6/20
83 registrants on 7/4
107 registrants on 7/8
141 registrants on 7/9

(registration deadline was 7/9)

So yeah, it's no ****ing joke when said that Smashers wait until the last minute >_>
Now imagine if people weren't stupid lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
What blows my mind most about that is the fact smashers wait until the last minute despite how cheap 90% of the community is. I would except the most regs to happen at the last minute mark before price increases.

Tony T

Smash Ace
What blows my mind most about that is the fact smashers wait until the last minute despite how cheap 90% of the community is. I would except the most regs to happen at the last minute mark before price increases.
I agree with M@V on this one they probably wanted to see how hype the event was getting and once that happened, everyone wanted to jump in this pool of hype. lol

Top Bottom