• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

skill differences in Brawls online

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Everyone takes it too seriously now.

There's a freaking dictionary filled with terminology made by smash players.
Wave-dashing? WTH is that anyways. I don't wave dash, and I'm not that bad at playing the game.

When I watch videos on youtube (melee ones), I fear for having to play brawl, because all people do are roll away every 50 milliseconds.

IT'S A GAME, NOT A LIFESTYLE!
lol pressing X, down, and L; and giving it a name is taking the game to seriusly.

for you it may just be a game, but what about the people that go to tournaments? the reason those people take the game more seriusly is because they want to win. seriusly, even in regional tournaments you can win alot of money. If you wanted the money, would´nt you do everything you could to win it?
why would´nt they enjoy the game at a different level then you do?

headbusa

Smash Cadet
unfortunatly for the moderators i know if im bored and up at 3 in the morning im gonna make a jerk post on the forums anybody on that wants to play?

im sure responses will come in...

just hope the moderators dont pull their hair out trying to delete posts...

maybe a new area on the boards to do this where the posts get deleted every so often?

idk just babbling

Garuda

Smash Ace
I want to play against all kinds of skills, that way I'm ready for anything. Just as long as it's not a long period of n00bs and THEN a better player.

And guys, while there are definitely going to be people that completely utterly suck, we're ALL gonna be, technically, n00bs at this game, but still good enough from Melee of course. In other words, I think that there will be a very small chance of finding someone who's a major pro from day one.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright anyone notice that everyone of us here do not want to play noobs online, I think there will probably be enough smashboards users that have each others friend codes that are online to have matches at most given times of the day. And thats just at launch! It will grow more and more all the time.

-Zodiac

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine either way as long as I can use friend codes. Plus theres no doubt that skilled people will post their friend codes on this site in hopes to play other skilled people.
Anyone thought about the LAG? I think that this will be the biggest flaw of all. Lag death would be the worst.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
if i may ask what are these Advances Techiniques you are speaking about...??
See this thread: Wavedashing, L-cancelling, All The Terms! Read First! Update 12/23/2007

TheGreatMorphologous said:
I think they're talking about constantly using Roy's counter and Fox's forward b to keep hitting people.
Utterly incorrect.

I see that many of the posters in this thread have very recent join dates. I strongly recommend learning about the advanced techniques in melee -- most of them (with the huge exception of wavedashing) will return in brawl.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I would like to add a player that is as good or better than me. But thanks to Nintendos lameness I cant.

They say they are protecting little kids yet the internet channel with no restrictions or parental settings came FREE for the first 6 months of the Wiis life.

Now does that make sense?

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
I stick to simplicity.
Simple is good.
Afterall Brawl is for everyone.

You want to play pros, you can play "with friends".

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol pressing X, down, and L; and giving it a name is taking the game to seriusly.

for you it may just be a game, but what about the people that go to tournaments? the reason those people take the game more seriusly is because they want to win. seriusly, even in regional tournaments you can win alot of money. If you wanted the money, would´nt you do everything you could to win it?
why would´nt they enjoy the game at a different level then you do?
That's why I said it was a game and not a lifestyle.
And that's not what I said is taking it too seriously, I said that the game in general is being taken to seriously.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Sakurai was pretty explicit... "There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."
FASA was also very explicit with Shadowrun's matchmaking system; Players never get to see any ranks or stats whatsoever. But that didn't stop them from developing a matchmaking system that worked behind the scenes. Sakurai could implement a similar system with the same goal of letter players "just sit back and play." It's not out of the question.

Mzero

Smash Cadet
Brawl doesnt have much of a reason not to have ranks. I mean, Guitar Hero 3 broke the Nintendo Wifi trend. You link your game account to guitarhero.com and you can join tournaments, find players in ur area and get their friend codes, check records for every song, and join a squad.

Any game could do the same. most of it is over the internet, and u still need to use friend codes, but it has better features than other nintendo wifi games

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
We still don't know the Wi-Fi mode's final appearance and features.
The Dojo doesn't explain everything you know.

But I mean, if you want players to play, even specific characters...
Just look for friend code listings in the forums.
PM that person and ask if they want to play.

Simple.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
I Beleive that Rankings will be in (hopefully) If sakurai really did think of everything XD

IF there are no rankings the game will NOT EVEN get a 9 outta 10... Online rankings are mandatory and expected for all online games with a competetive side... Sakurai should kill himself if no rankings are in.

Online rankings are in like most ds wi fi games... if theirs none in brawl it will be the biggest mistake in nintendo's WIFI history

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
Relax guys...relax...here's the rundown.....If you want to have some people your experiance level then get some friends...USE THE FORUMS! Gimpyfish is too tough? maybe Eggz will be polite and play with you once in a while even though your a noob? eh mayb! we'll see...besides nintendo will implement a ranking system..they've down taht with almost every new release...AND BRAWL IS THE GAME OF THE DECADE...meaning it's going to be as polished as HELL!

Xpressions X

Smash Rookie
those who are defending the lack of options that online has should kick themselves. Look, of course I'm grateful that we got online but honestly that shouldn't have even been a question to begin with. This is a major title that should be fully strapped with what are now considered basic components(online is a basic component especially when dealing with games that are big on multiplayer). The problem is that the options that we have now are a joke. we should have the option whether or not we want to play ranked matches, we should have the option to play at beginner intermediate or advance, we shouldnt have to search online to find people to play with we should have the option of meeting a person having a good match with them and getting there name. When it boils down to it the current online that sakurai has presented its not a good one because it lacks options its bland you dont even know if ur fighting a cpu or not i mean come on to defend that and say sakurai is doing the best he can with online is a silly statement. And as seen it is clear that the things that are not in brawl can clear be implemented. POKEMON has voice chat POKEMON! So u cant tell me Brawl can't. Are u afraid your child will get cursed out, dont wanna hear the screaming 8 year old well voice chat should have the option to turn voice on or off. Lack of options isnt protection, its lack of options period there is no excuse. So really no one should defend the online system we have now, and i pray that there is more to it.

Top Bottom