• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single most Important Element?

0Room

Smash Lord
I kind of wanted to see what you guys thought of what the single most important element of Falco's Metagame is.

SHDL?
IAP?
Chaingrab Spike?

[edit]
This meaning what's the one thing that you would hold most valuable in his metagame, whether that be for setting up, or for killing, or whatever.

Example: "I believe the lasers are most important because it does set up for combos, it has some use for edgeguarding, and it annoys the heck out of other players :]"

But then, Fluke gave me an idea.
If falco could only perform one move, which one would you pick? That's a seperate arguement, I know, but I would like to see what you guys think.

[/edit]

Only one rule and one suggestion.

Rule.
Taunts don't count.

Suggestion.
Explain your answers, please.

Alright guys, have fun.
kthxbye.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking it as if Falco could ONLY PERFORM ONE MOVE.

Then it would be BAIR for me.

Works for approach, kill, aerial AND ground game.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
If the criteria are as Fluke described it, I would say Dair for all the reasons stated above and the satisfaction of drilling an opponent into the ground or the abyss.

If Falco can use other moves, then lasers by far. Stops opponents in their tracks, a followup move can be used, and forces the opponent to approach.

0Room

Smash Lord
Okay, well, that wasn't what I meant, but that's okay.
Now you've given me an idea.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
What do I think makes Falco Falco?

Besides the obvious (lasers) its the fact that dthrow pops them out the way it does, without that he would have no cg, and no easy damage racking combos.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to say his CG.

There are so many ways to CG someone.

Plus, He can CG to spike half the roster with an edge hog.

I'd say spacing for the most important element. A lot of his moves and combos require proper spacing for them to work and keep falco alive, but every brawl character needs spacing though.

For what one move to use if you could only use one would in my opinion would be spiking. Killing and comboing ability. Annoyance to the other player is an added bonus.

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
Falco's most important element would have to be his, er... well, I think it's a tie between chain grab and lasers. Both of them set up your opponent's demise (shdl>Usmash/Chaingrab>spike). But what makes falco great isn't just one move, or even a combo, It's his ability to have a 'tude and back it up with ownage!

(But seriously, what makes him great is that he posesses all these things and uses them in perfect harmony to obliterate his opponents.)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think the most important element is the dtrhow, you can do lots of things with it besides chaingrab, it gives you lots of options even against characters that can't be chaingrabbed

but really almost all of falco's moves are awesome( except for fair which is pretty lame XD)

0Room

Smash Lord
Eh, there's off and on love affair with the fair.
when the situation's right, it's the best move ever.
[bragging rights ftw anyone?]

when it doesn't.
It's useless.

But killing with Falco's fair is like killing someone with ike's jabcombo.
It just means you should have died a long time ago.

Top Bottom