• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The only thing I would be worry about is the k rool trailer may have hinted karate joe with dks pose and tv matching that karate joe thing

Oh by the way there's no evidence it's all the stages yet especially with those empty spots in it (but could be dlc stages though)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I would much much much much much much much rather have the chorus kids then the boring basic looking karate Joe

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I do not think we're left alone with 103 stages, I'm sure we'll have more and what "103 stages" refers to CURRENTLY.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There is absolutely no way there are 103 stages total. Considering a potential RH stage, scrapped Dr. Mario and Brain Age Stages, stages for Xenoblade games like XC2 and XCX, a possible new stage for Sun and Moon, maybe a Forest Maze/Sonic Mania stage, and potential stages from new unrepresented third parties, there has to be more on the way for Ultimate.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Okay, my first post since the direct. I wasn't very pleased with the character and stage parts of the Direct. While I love the fact that K. Rool is in, and that we have more than 100 stages to choose from, my Rhythm Heaven dream was crushed in just a few minutes. First, by saying they are going to reveal every character beforehand. Then, by telling us we had 100 + 3 stages to choose from. New series always get new stages, so will RH. With other words, "we aren't going to bring further new series to the base game aka Golden Sun, Rayman or RHYTHM HEAVEN." My most wanted dream, crushed in a few seconds. Rhythm Heaven representation would have made Smash Ultimate to be ULTIMATE for me. RH was such a big part of my Nintendo past that it personally felt like a character from RH needed to join. But Sakurai didn't and put in Castlevania as a heavily represented series and the last new represented series. I feel like it is weird to conclude new series 4 months beforehand, end stage speculation 4 months beforehand, and deconfirm every new series character 4 months beforehand. Well, at least there's hope for an assist trophy, because a RH character as DLC has 0% chance. Man, we were so close with the Chorus Kids being in the Gematsu leak and the leftbehind data on a universe logo for Rhythm Heaven. And sadly, that's the closest we'll ever come. RIP, little Chorus Men :-(
There have to be more stages. They may have specified the number now so they could say there were 100, but I don't think that's it. If there are newcomers left, I'm sure at least one of them will get a stage. There's also the fact we have mute city snes and no mute city, although that might not mean anything. The stage select is also really weird. I believe it was said they could be resized to fit way better and not have empty slots, but I'm not sure. Also, not being centered makes no sense. There wouldn't be a DLC button there because it would be on top. I think it's very likely there are still more stages, probably for newcomers not yet revealed. I don't think we can rule out a Rhythm Heaven character just yet

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay, my first post since the direct. I wasn't very pleased with the character and stage parts of the Direct. While I love the fact that K. Rool is in, and that we have more than 100 stages to choose from, my Rhythm Heaven dream was crushed in just a few minutes. First, by saying they are going to reveal every character beforehand. Then, by telling us we had 100 + 3 stages to choose from. New series always get new stages, so will RH. With other words, "we aren't going to bring further new series to the base game aka Golden Sun, Rayman or RHYTHM HEAVEN." My most wanted dream, crushed in a few seconds. Rhythm Heaven representation would have made Smash Ultimate to be ULTIMATE for me. RH was such a big part of my Nintendo past that it personally felt like a character from RH needed to join. But Sakurai didn't and put in Castlevania as a heavily represented series and the last new represented series. I feel like it is weird to conclude new series 4 months beforehand, end stage speculation 4 months beforehand, and deconfirm every new series character 4 months beforehand. Well, at least there's hope for an assist trophy, because a RH character as DLC has 0% chance. Man, we were so close with the Chorus Kids being in the Gematsu leak and the leftbehind data on a universe logo for Rhythm Heaven. And sadly, that's the closest we'll ever come. RIP, little Chorus Men :-(
Whoa whoa, don’t throw the towel man, there are still more stages to come.

Besides, even if there weren’t, it’s not like a character can’t get in without a stage.

Keep hoping, and we might get our awesome RH stage.

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Also talking about stages, one thing I noticed is that Sakurai said they are organized chronologically but in the order of which the stage joined in each smash game, meaning the stages at the very bottom are the new ones from Smash Ultimate, and coincidentally the 6 or so blank spaces in the select screen are at the bottom, which most likely means all stages missing are gonna be new.

And besides that, IF there were no more new stages it would basically deconfirm every single character from a series not represented already, not only Rhythm Heaven, and thats insane to think about, there has to be at least maybe one more 3rd party and other new franchises from nintendo.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
The only way I could see Rhythm Heaven and other new series not getting a stage, despite the blatant blank spots on the stage selection, is if we get original stages through the presumed adventure/story mode and those fill in the gaps. And I honestly doubt that's likely. But hey, it could happen.
However, Sakurai literally said that they'll reveal all newcomers before release so it's a little hard to believe that the majority of them won't receive a new stage to go along with their series.
All I'm saying is that this doesn't really change anything, the little guys are still in the running for multiple reasons we all have discussed.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for giving me positivity about RH representation again! Now that I think about it... We haven't seen an AT, have we? That may be pointing to something. Would be weird if there wasn't a Xenoblade X stage when Elma is in, or a Sun / Moon stage when Incineroar is in. Whoa, thanks guys!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Also we're like 4 months away from release, there's no way they're done revealing stuff. They'll give new stuff to us till at least one months before launch maybe even until launch itself. They need to keep the hype going till we explode.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Woah, calm down, this doesn't mean any new franchises won't be included. While Sakurai did confirm they are going to be 103 stages, he never said that that new stages won't be included afterward, he never said that its the final selection of stages, there are still some empty slots there and I doubt they are for DLC, since Sakurai isn't the type of person to plan DLC before release. That said, while it can be implied that no more new series won't included, that is all speculation. Don't give up hope!

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Chorus Kids are definitely super likely because of Beyonce. :troll:
What are you talking about?
Sakurai is obviously a huge Beyonce fan, there's a reason why Pit and Palutena was in a game the same year Halo came out! :yeahboi:

But for a "crackpot theory", this kinda lines up with what I've been thinking. That makes me curious though, what would the fanfare for the Chorus Kids have? I've only really played Megamix and Fever (kinda), but is there a jingle used through the series as a whole? I mean outside of reoccurring mini games, obviously.

noise r us

Smash Rookie
That makes me curious though, what would the fanfare for the Chorus Kids have? I've only really played Megamix and Fever (kinda), but is there a jingle used through the series as a whole? I mean outside of reoccurring mini games, obviously.
i was thinkin it could be a remix of the first three seconds of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRx9QKhhhg or possibly a snippet of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bgjClLrzDQ

im sure there are lots of other places they could pull from though

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Heya, Isaac supporter.

I have known of the Chorus kids for awhile. And while I would like Karate joe in, I wouldn't be opposed to the Chorus Kids.

Nintendo does need to do better when representing smaller franchises. (Advanced Wars, Sin and Punishment, Golden sun, Chibi-Robo, and Custom Robo for example.)

So the least I can say is good luck.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
im not usually one for crackpot theories but
Well, this is more like a list of evidence than a theory! It does seem like we have a lot in our favor!
That makes me curious though, what would the fanfare for the Chorus Kids have? I've only really played Megamix and Fever (kinda), but is there a jingle used through the series as a whole? I mean outside of reoccurring mini games, obviously.
If I had to guess, it would probably be a superb theme. I believe I also heard someone here say
https://youtu.be/9KKlkXD18BY would be a good fanfare, and I really liked the idea of it.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Hello guys ! Someone on reddit found a suspiciously Chorus kid head shaped cloud in K.Rool trailer. Your thoughts ?

Probably just a coincidence. People have a tendency to look too much into clouds sometimes. Remember when the Pokemon Sun and Moon map was shown and people thought they spotted legendaries in the clouds? Still, it's pretty interesting that there are potentially two Rhythm Heaven references in the K Rool trailer, although I don't believe any of them were made on purpose.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Probably just a coincidence. People have a tendency to look too much into clouds sometimes. Remember when the Pokemon Sun and Moon map was shown and people thought they spotted legendaries in the clouds? Still, it's pretty interesting that there are potentially two Rhythm Heaven references in the K Rool trailer, although I don't believe any of them were made on purpose.
yeah people find evidence of newcomers in everything with minimal success

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Yup if anything it could be just a nice reference. Yet I can't help but find the shape very odd for a random cloud (round little eyes, open mouth, the nose), but maybe I'm just biased.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Count me in as a supporter! I love Rhythm Heaven and I'm convinced that Sakurai is going to bring then back for Ultimate.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I can't really see it, but hey it's a nice coincidence or nod if anything else.
So given RH is known for it's music obviously, any tracks from the series you guys would like to see make it into Ultimate?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I can't really see it, but hey it's a nice coincidence or nod if anything else.
So given RH is known for it's music obviously, any tracks from the series you guys would like to see make it into Ultimate?
Remix 8 (DS) remix pleeeeaaaase!!! It would fit in Smash soooo well. Having multiple remix 10s is a must and hopefully we get some vocal tracks like remix 9 (Fever). I'd also really love Space Dance and Love Lab. Honestly, I'm really hoping the series gets as much love as Castlevania did in the music department. It deserves it.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
There's so many good songs, but realistically I think minigames from past games included in Megamix are a shoe in as they are likely favorites of the series by the creators/developers, so songs from past games, specially the first one like bon odori, might not make it in. Castlevania has like 30 tracks but RH Megamix alone has 100+ songs/minigames, so its gonna be interesting to see which ones they choose. Hopefully they do include some remixes from the past games and not only Megamix. However I'm not sure if the 2 minute max rule is still applied in Smash Ultimate like Smash 4, that could really screw up Final Remixes from the games since they would need to cut them to make them fit 2 minutes.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well depending on the character we get (if we get one) we can assume the songs from its mini games will appear. Glee clubs for Chorus kids etc. Night walk and airboarder and very likely imo. That aside it's really hard to choose, so many iconic songs in the games (air rally, monkey watch, Tap trial, frog hop, munchy monk, ringside, love lab, DJ school, lockstep ...) it's endless.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Karate Man songs are a must of course, and my personal favorites would be Remix 5 from Tengoku, Remix 8 from Fever, and Machine Remix from Megamix. There’s a lot to choose from

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Oh right if we do get a stage then Monkey Watch and Blue Birds are 100% gonna be in since they had arrengements made for the Miiverse stage that has been cut, so its easy to transfer those songs already made.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I also read that supposedly the chairs are the colors of the suit of Karate Joe in the remix 7 of Rhythm Heaven of Wii where he made the pose of Donkey Kong, coincidence also I guess lol

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I kind of like these guys! Add me as a supporter, I rooted for them in the Smash 4 days. Just curious, how likely do you think they are?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I kind of like these guys! Add me as a supporter, I rooted for them in the Smash 4 days. Just curious, how likely do you think they are?
I think they have a high chance, given the facts of datamining and the Gematsu leak, they were most likely a scrapped character (like the Ice Climbers) for Smash 4 that was scrubbed out of the base game outside of other RH content like the Sneaky Spirits, trophies, and the music on the Miiverse stage.
Seeing that Sakurai is revisiting concepts that he thought for previous installments, they're looking pretty likely to have their first foray in Smash Ultimate.
With all that said though, I don't exactly think they're a lock.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Chorus Kids? It really depends if the Gematsu leak was legit or not but it really seems to be pointing at being true, so I would say 60% of a chance its them.

Rhythm Heaven in general? 90% chance a character from the series is in, theres data from Smash 4 that a character from the series was scrapped at some point and he seems to be reusing old ideas he has had in this game (and they probably weren't used as DLC since RH is such a niche series not many people would buy an individual character of this game).

Its kinda strange not having just ONE overrall mascot for the series to support unanimously, so thats why it could literally be anyone from the game at this point, but the most likely are Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Marshal or Tibby. Whoever does end up being picked will probably become the new face/official mascot of Rhythm Heaven though, since everyone is gonna start associating the game with said character.

Top Bottom