• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I think the position was just a coincidence.

But still, I would jump out of the chair be Chorus Kids or Karate Joe.

Also, that position of Karate Joe only lasted 1 second in the Remix 7 of Rhythm Heaven Fever, why Sakurai was going to fix specifically on that?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Agreed. That's always been my stance, I just stick to this thread because the Chorus Kids are my favorite and it's the most active. If we don't get a rep from the series this game, it would be really disappointing. Also, what potential Karate Joe reference?
They're talking about DK laying down in front of the TV, Karate Joe does the same in Fever.
The thing is, it's not specific to Karate Joe and shows up for like a second. It's used as a trope to convey lazyness, so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all over that.
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
They're talking about DK laying down in front of the TV, Karate Joe does the same in Fever.
The thing is, it's not specific to Karate Joe and shows up for like a second. It's used as a trope to convey lazyness, so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all over that.
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d
Word, that was it. I didn’t realize it was so brief though, I just saw it in the main discussion thread. Still hopeful!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, I'm really starting to fear now. Sakurai specified that we now have 100 stages, which means they might not add anymore. This is getting me worried we won't get a Rhyhtm Heaven stage, and in turn a character. Of course we could still get new stages and even a character without a stage, but I would be lying if a didn't say I was scared

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So, I'm really starting to fear now. Sakurai specified that we now have 100 stages, which means they might not add anymore. This is getting me worried we won't get a Rhyhtm Heaven stage, and in turn a character. Of course we could still get new stages and even a character without a stage, but I would be lying if a didn't say I was scared
I mean I'm worried too, given most of the characters who got in had a lot of requests behind them. It's kinda debatable about Daisy and Richter Belmont though.
However, unless it's saved for DLC or Adventure/Story Mode original stages, there are still open stage slots on the selection screen. So it is likely that we may receive a few more, I mean after all he did say all the newcomers would be announced before release. But after the mass amount of content we received I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.
So let's say that we do receive Chorus Kids, (IMO it's still very likely) would you guys still be disappointed if we didn't receive a home stage for these guys? I would be to an extent due to the VAST amount of music present in Rhythm Heaven.
I'm just hoping and praying that Sakurai recognized that fact after the emphasis on music in this direct.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I mean I'm worried too, given most of the characters who got in had a lot of requests behind them. It's kinda debatable about Daisy and Richter Belmont though.
However, unless it's saved for DLC or Adventure/Story Mode original stages, there are still open stage slots on the selection screen. So it is likely that we may receive a few more, I mean after all he did say all the newcomers would be announced before release. But after the mass amount of content we received I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.
So let's say that we do receive Chorus Kids, (IMO it's still very likely) would you guys still be disappointed if we didn't receive a home stage for these guys? I would be to an extent due to the VAST amount of music present in Rhythm Heaven.
I'm just hoping and praying that Sakurai recognized that fact after the emphasis on music in this direct.
I would of course be disappointed, but it wouldn't kill my hype or anything. I just want Rhythm Heaven to be recognized with a fighter, and even if they don't, we better get at least a few new remixes. I also agree they're still likely. This combined with Ashley's disconfirmation (who I also thought was a lock) just gave me a bit of a spook

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
By the way, I've been thinking and really there's also something funny about the DK trailer and Karate Joe.

In both, they make a reference to their first versions of their games, Karate Joe on the TV screen their first version is seen in Rhythm Tengoku and in the DK picture of the wall their first version is seen in the Donkey Kong arcade.

Still, I still think it's coincidence.

Sometimes I also worry that we do not have anything from Rhythm Heaven, but it seems strange to me that we do not have a helper for having maybe reached the 20th in the Ballot.

See what happens next in the character ads on the Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Still hoping for a Rhythm Heaven rep, just not Chorus Kids. Maybe Rhythm Girl or Tibby from Megamix.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Chrom finally in, I have a feeling we’ll finally also receive the last piece of the Gematsu leak - the Chorus Kids. And if not them, I’d expect any other Rhythm Heaven rep in general.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
In what position do you think the Chorus Kids stayed in the ballot or near what character?

I think they were close to the 20th or 30th position, but knowing that they put Dark Samus and Daisy who were not highly voted, I believe in the Ballot, I think at least they will have read us and they will put us at maximum of assistant as happened with Shovel Knight for the ballot.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not believe Chorus Kids made it into the top ballot picks, even if Gematsu helped boosted their votes. Votes would not matter in the grand scheme of things though, CK is entirely a Sakurai pick to me.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do not believe Chorus Kids made it into the top ballot picks, even if Gematsu helped boosted their votes. Votes would not matter in the grand scheme of things though, CK is entirely a Sakurai pick to me.
yeah i imagine a number of rhythm paradise characters would have received some votes, but perhaps all together itll add up to something

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
In what position do you think the Chorus Kids stayed in the ballot or near what character?

I think they were close to the 20th or 30th position, but knowing that they put Dark Samus and Daisy who were not highly voted, I believe in the Ballot, I think at least they will have read us and they will put us at maximum of assistant as happened with Shovel Knight for the ballot.
Well the echoes are probably chosen based on how easy they would fit over another moveset- not just if the moves make sense, but if their proportions and hit boxes would fit/body would be logical (like Dark Samus also having an arm cannon.)

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Yes, I for example when the ballot started I voted for "Chorus Kids", then when I almost finished the ballot I voted again for "Character of Rhythm Heaven" textually.

There will be people who will also have voted for Karate Joe, in fact, in my explanation of the Chorus Kids I said that if it is not them, that it is Karate Joe, I think it will be taken into account both characters, including the people who voted for Marshal.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I voted for Rhythm Girl (of course) and I know of a few others who did the same.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I agree about a Rhyhtm Heaven character not being a ballot pick. Gematsu certainly boosted Rhythm Heaven's popularity (it got me into the series), but they definately weren't a top contender. It's still a niche series. This is why I'm so scared this time around. If they don't make it in now or are replaced by ballot picks they won't get in until the next game. They have no chance at DLC. This whole focus on the ballot is really scaring me

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Well after watching the direct, there is a couple of things against the chorus kids/Rhythm Heaven (although not really)

The most important one, at least to me, is the fact that there won't be any secret unlockable characters, Sakurai is gonna reveal all before the game comes out so there might be 1, maybe 2 directs where he reveals the last characters in the game. Now I always saw Chorus Kids as the perfect unexpected secret character that always seems to be in each game, however even though this wont be happening, it doesnt mean Chorus Kids can't be in, we just have to hope for a trailer in the last upcoming directs.

There's also the fact that so far with these reveals Sakurai seems to be wanting to please a lot of people with highly requested characters, primarily Ridley and K Rool. Rhythm Heaven is sadly not as popular as many other game franchises out there so if he only focuses on highly requested characters they might be in danger.

However, its nothing new, Sakurai has included very highly requested characters before, alongside oddballs that no one saw coming/maybe no one had requested (Wii Fit Trainer anyone?), aka a Sakurai pick.

Now comes the exciting part, the points FOR Chorus Kids / Rhythm Heaven.
First of all, Chrom. Who would think a character from an entirely different franchise could help support a RH char argument but here we are. With Chrom added, Chorus Kids are the ONLY puzzle piece left from the Gematsu leak of Smash 4 (ah this brings back memories), and the fact that Sakurai has stated before that Chrom was considerd/Rhythm heaven data was found in the file, its pretty clear the leak was right, albeit from a very early point of the development of the game. With Chrom coming back, its clear this cut character situation wont lead to a "Forbidden Seven" situation like in Brawl. (Or at least I hope so).

Then there's the fact that NOTHING from Rhythm Heaven has been shown, if there was an Assist Trophy, Stage or Item from a Franchise BEFORE a character from said franchise is announced, you can basically count the entire franchise out of a playable rep. Rhythm Heaven has had luck in that, so if they are gonna show up a new stage or an assist trophy it will likely be after a character reveal like Simon with his stage and assist. There is still the horrible possibility that there is nothing from Rhythm Heaven in the game, but I would rather not dare think of that.
There was an incredible amount of content of Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4 that was strange considering the series had no items/stage/assist, there was the trophies in both versions of the game, and then the music that was added in the miiverse stage (I muted every song except the 2 RH songs lol) and with the miiverse stage gone, for obvious reasons, there's no stage with RH music in it for now.
There is a chance that everything RH related has been cut but it would make no sense to me, as this isnt a dead series, the last game came out AFTER smash 4 did, so its technically still going, and its a series that Sakurai is well aware of.

I would also like to point out that, despite all of the newcomers shown, theres only been TWO new franchises in total added to the Smash family, and of those two only ONE is first party, that being Splatoon. It's kinda crazy but I do feel like nintendo needs to add at least a couple new franchises, Rhythm Heaven could be a new first party franchise for the game. Of course it will need to come with a stage and we go to the next point:

Stages, now Sakurai said theres 103 stages, but I'm not sure if thats a final number, unless all of the next newcomers are all from franchises already represented/that already have a stage (meaning Splatoon and Castlevania are the only new franchises in Ultimate, which to me, doesn't sound like a good idea) and we know theres still newcomers to be announced because he literally said so at the end. He can't just have shown ALL of the stages at this point, its too early. So I do believe there will be more stages to come, there's even already blank slots in the stage selection that was shown:
emptyspace.png

Now, sure, that could be for DLC but the thing with Nintendo is, they finish a game BEFORE they think of DLC, and thats what they did in Smash 4, it would feel really wierd to think that Sakurai is already planning DLC even before the game comes out, so I do hope these slots are filled or else it will feel like content that is being held back on purpose.
So I hope for the sake of the next newcomers to not all be from franchises already represented, that there's still stages to be revealed.

The DK pose watching tv that mirrors the Karate Joe pose... eh, I wont really consider it as a point for RH in Smash, I think thats a popular pose in Japan and a very likely coincidence. (But you never know, Sakurai said before the Direct to "excuse him for having red eyes" which in the end was just alluding to Bloody Tears from Castlevania).

So in conclusion, so far we are doing extremely good, and the chances for a RH after this direct has elevated in my opinion.
And for me, more than having a fun character to play in smash, I really want Chorus Kids or whoever from Rhythm Heaven to join because I want the series to get more recognition. It revived Kid Icarus, it could potentially make a Switch RH game a possibility in the future, since Megamix kinda felt like a closing for the franchise, and I really don't want it to end! So yeah more than wanting to hear the awesome songs that RH has while fighting in Smash, I want a character in because of what it will mean to the franchise itself, thats how much power Smash has.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We should just wait to see what happens. RH content could be shown or teased eventually in the next months of Smash information dumps. If we were near release and had no RH content revealed, that would be a concern. But right now, I think its pre-mature to call it quits for the Chorus Kids.

D

Deleted member

Chorus Kids is likely gonna be the exception to the norm, that beign that most of Ultimate's newcomers are based on fan-demand.

What strikes me as particular is Ditto as a Pokéball summon, which is an example of Sakurai going back and implementing a scrapped idea (from way back in Melee). I know, i know, it may be reaching, but i think that bodes well for the Chorus Kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It makes so much sense to implement a character that presumably got as far as Chorus Kids in a game that borrows so heavily off the last, not getting them would truly come as a surprise to me. Even with this bent on fan demand, because it would be leaving a character with, probably, the brunt of the work handled... just on the table.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That is not reaching at all. The fact that scrapped Smash ideas like Sukapon and Ditto happen in Ultimate can only mean good things. Out of all scrapped concepts from various Smash games, Chorus Kids is the most likely concept that Sakurai could revisit.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well the difference is that Chorus Kids weren't a concept. The data, mixed with Gematsu (which is obv real, just outdated) indicates they were realized and implemented, but unfinished or removed.

Even if they aren't a fan-favourite, enough other factors, including Sakurai's penchant to revive old intentions, make them a likely contender in my eyes.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Well after watching the direct, there is a couple of things against the chorus kids/Rhythm Heaven (although not really)

The most important one, at least to me, is the fact that there won't be any secret unlockable characters, Sakurai is gonna reveal all before the game comes out so there might be 1, maybe 2 directs where he reveals the last characters in the game. Now I always saw Chorus Kids as the perfect unexpected secret character that always seems to be in each game, however even though this wont be happening, it doesnt mean Chorus Kids can't be in, we just have to hope for a trailer in the last upcoming directs.

There's also the fact that so far with these reveals Sakurai seems to be wanting to please a lot of people with highly requested characters, primarily Ridley and K Rool. Rhythm Heaven is sadly not as popular as many other game franchises out there so if he only focuses on highly requested characters they might be in danger.

However, its nothing new, Sakurai has included very highly requested characters before, alongside oddballs that no one saw coming/maybe no one had requested (Wii Fit Trainer anyone?), aka a Sakurai pick.

Now comes the exciting part, the points FOR Chorus Kids / Rhythm Heaven.
First of all, Chrom. Who would think a character from an entirely different franchise could help support a RH char argument but here we are. With Chrom added, Chorus Kids are the ONLY puzzle piece left from the Gematsu leak of Smash 4 (ah this brings back memories), and the fact that Sakurai has stated before that Chrom was considerd/Rhythm heaven data was found in the file, its pretty clear the leak was right, albeit from a very early point of the development of the game. With Chrom coming back, its clear this cut character situation wont lead to a "Forbidden Seven" situation like in Brawl. (Or at least I hope so).

Then there's the fact that NOTHING from Rhythm Heaven has been shown, if there was an Assist Trophy, Stage or Item from a Franchise BEFORE a character from said franchise is announced, you can basically count the entire franchise out of a playable rep. Rhythm Heaven has had luck in that, so if they are gonna show up a new stage or an assist trophy it will likely be after a character reveal like Simon with his stage and assist. There is still the horrible possibility that there is nothing from Rhythm Heaven in the game, but I would rather not dare think of that.
There was an incredible amount of content of Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4 that was strange considering the series had no items/stage/assist, there was the trophies in both versions of the game, and then the music that was added in the miiverse stage (I muted every song except the 2 RH songs lol) and with the miiverse stage gone, for obvious reasons, there's no stage with RH music in it for now.
There is a chance that everything RH related has been cut but it would make no sense to me, as this isnt a dead series, the last game came out AFTER smash 4 did, so its technically still going, and its a series that Sakurai is well aware of.

I would also like to point out that, despite all of the newcomers shown, theres only been TWO new franchises in total added to the Smash family, and of those two only ONE is first party, that being Splatoon. It's kinda crazy but I do feel like nintendo needs to add at least a couple new franchises, Rhythm Heaven could be a new first party franchise for the game. Of course it will need to come with a stage and we go to the next point:

Stages, now Sakurai said theres 103 stages, but I'm not sure if thats a final number, unless all of the next newcomers are all from franchises already represented/that already have a stage (meaning Splatoon and Castlevania are the only new franchises in Ultimate, which to me, doesn't sound like a good idea) and we know theres still newcomers to be announced because he literally said so at the end. He can't just have shown ALL of the stages at this point, its too early. So I do believe there will be more stages to come, there's even already blank slots in the stage selection that was shown:
View attachment 156706

Now, sure, that could be for DLC but the thing with Nintendo is, they finish a game BEFORE they think of DLC, and thats what they did in Smash 4, it would feel really wierd to think that Sakurai is already planning DLC even before the game comes out, so I do hope these slots are filled or else it will feel like content that is being held back on purpose.
So I hope for the sake of the next newcomers to not all be from franchises already represented, that there's still stages to be revealed.

The DK pose watching tv that mirrors the Karate Joe pose... eh, I wont really consider it as a point for RH in Smash, I think thats a popular pose in Japan and a very likely coincidence. (But you never know, Sakurai said before the Direct to "excuse him for having red eyes" which in the end was just alluding to Bloody Tears from Castlevania).

So in conclusion, so far we are doing extremely good, and the chances for a RH after this direct has elevated in my opinion.
And for me, more than having a fun character to play in smash, I really want Chorus Kids or whoever from Rhythm Heaven to join because I want the series to get more recognition. It revived Kid Icarus, it could potentially make a Switch RH game a possibility in the future, since Megamix kinda felt like a closing for the franchise, and I really don't want it to end! So yeah more than wanting to hear the awesome songs that RH has while fighting in Smash, I want a character in because of what it will mean to the franchise itself, thats how much power Smash has.
Hey, thanks for getting me pretty hopeful again. The 100 stages being emphasized made me believe we wouldn't get any more, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, I doubt not having unlokcables means anything. There's no way that affected his choices. Also, Megamix came out in Japan before the project plan and had great sales from what I remember.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks for getting me pretty hopeful again. The 100 stages being emphasized made me believe we wouldn't get any more, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, I doubt not having unlokcables means anything. There's no way that affected his choices. Also, Megamix came out in Japan before the project plan and had great sales from what I remember.
No problem! I was really hoping my post could get people with their hopes up again since it seemed to be a bit down, but the odds for RH are actually higher! It makes no sense that they have shown all stages if they plan on showing us more characters, because they usually come with a stage.
Oh and totally, Megamix and RH in general always does well in Japan, if the Chorus Kids had been in Smash 4 I think it would have been a great hit because everyone would be curious and willing to try the game just because of the fact they appeared in Smash, and Megamix seemed like a good one for newcomers since it had a collection of games from the entire series. Hopefully theres a Switch game in the future.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
One thing I noticed in the Direct was that there are 97 songs in the “Other” category in My Music. As they scrolled down, there was no Rhythm Heaven music, and they said that tracks that “have no corresponding fighter or stage or are from one title” go here.

No chance that I’m about to do this, but it would be wild if someone went through all the “misc” stages and counted the total number of songs in each. If it’s less than 97, maybe Blue Birds and the Monkey Watch Song were taken out to go in a Rhythm Heaven category. Not even necessarily Rhythm Heaven, either. It may help other series as well.

Probably won’t give us anything, though. They could have added more songs in general. Just a thought I had.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed in the Direct was that there are 97 songs in the “Other” category in My Music. As they scrolled down, there was no Rhythm Heaven music, and they said that tracks that “have no corresponding fighter or stage or are from one title” go here.

No chance that I’m about to do this, but it would be wild if someone went through all the “misc” stages and counted the total number of songs in each. If it’s less than 97, maybe Blue Birds and the Monkey Watch Song were taken out to go in a Rhythm Heaven category. Not even necessarily Rhythm Heaven, either. It may help other series as well.

Probably won’t give us anything, though. They could have added more songs in general. Just a thought I had.
Do we even have footage of all those stages and their song totals? If so, I would totally be down for counting them up even if it doesn't end up meaning anything.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I wouldn't be mad if Karate Joe got in smash over Chorus Kids.
I mean I wouldn't mind it, after all RH is still getting represented with a character. But I would be lying if I wouldn't be slightly disappointed that we wouldn't get a Rhythm Heaven character with a unique design.
I just think that the Chorus Kids bring so much potential with their traits and design alone, given there's three of them and show off the vocal aspect of Rhythm Heaven, that are probably way more compelling from a visual standpoint than him, not to say anything bad about Karate Joe obviously. At the very least Karate Joe vs Ryu would be a fun match up to see given they're so tonally different from each other, despite being "generic fighter" archetypes.
I'm sure whoever we would get would be extremely entertaining.

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I mean I wouldn't mind it, after all RH is still getting represented with a character. But I would be lying if I wouldn't be slightly disappointed that we wouldn't get a Rhythm Heaven character with a unique design.
I just think that the Chorus Kids bring so much potential with their traits and design alone, given there's three of them and show off the vocal aspect of Rhythm Heaven, that are probably way more compelling from a visual standpoint than him, not to say anything bad about Karate Joe obviously. At the very least Karate Joe vs Ryu would be a fun match up to see given they're so tonally different from each other, despite being "generic fighter" archetypes.
I'm sure whoever we would get would be extremely entertaining.
I feel the same way, but then again Karate Joe has been in every single RH game, so its the closest thing to a mascot the series has, but sadly isn't very unique looking. I do hope that, if any other character but Karate Joe is a playable character, that we do get Karate Joe as an Assist Trophy since he does deserve some recognition, I think he didn't even get a trophy in smash 4 which is sad.
EDIT: wait no he did have a trophy in smash 3DS. Hopefully this time its an assist though!

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Makes you wonder, they've stated their ultimate (hahah) goal for this game was to bring every fighter back, so Sakurai was kinda hoping you weren't expecting too many new fighters. But assuming they failed in that regard, like they couldn't get Snake or something, what would they be left with? Oh, this many more old characters to Smash plus some new ones? They could have made the echos a thing so they could bring in more characters to great success without doing as much work, but would they have had to come up with SOME amount of newcomers to carry the project in case they didn't succeed with their EVERYONE IS HERE tactic?

And I won't deny securing the rights for like 9 different characters from five different companies as well as maybe some arguing with the other Pokemon rights owners was a difficult task, but that still just makes over a handful of characters missing from Smash 4. One was from a notorious third party (Snake) but Ice Climbers were planned to be in Smash 4 anyway but the 3DS limitations prevented that. Assuming similar happened with the Pokemon Trainer, that just leaves three previously made clones of existing characters. Not to mention, the DLC wasn't too far off ago in time and if companies would really have a hard time putting their characters in such a popular and hyped franchise.

At any rate, if there's going to be six more stages, I hope one of them is part of a Rhythm Heaven character representation. Maybe others could be Tekken, Rayman, etc.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You have a very interesting perspective when you mention a scenario that the veterans marketing strategy does not work. That only makes me further believe that the newcomer count will be exceeding people's expectations, with Chorus Kids being among one of them.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

When they went through the misc music in the direct, I was on the edge of my seat looking for Rhythm Heaven music lol. I doubt we'll know for sure if it's in there until release though. Hopefully we get a few remixes either way

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Remember also that the Vergeben Leak was talking about a 7th generation Pokémon that is neither Decidueye nor Lycanroc, that is a personal choice of Sakurai in that case, it means that not all will be chosen by the fans.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Remember also that the Vergeben Leak was talking about a 7th generation Pokémon that is neither Decidueye nor Lycanroc, that is a personal choice of Sakurai in that case, it means that not all will be chosen by the fans.
that much has always been true

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer is definetly the biggest example of that. Greninja was also picked before it became popular in the anime.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I just hope Sakurai is not going full "long awaited most requested characters" route and we'll still have fresh, different and surprising characters annoucments like Wii fit trainer, dunk hunt, villager were and Rhythm heaven could be. I love the diversity in smash, would be sad for it to become just a fan roster.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I just hope Sakurai is not going full "long awaited most requested characters" route and we'll still have fresh, different and surprising characters annoucments like Wii fit trainer, dunk hunt, villager were and Rhythm heaven could be. I love the diversity in smash, would be sad for it to become just a fan roster.
Yeah, the appeal for me with Smash Bros. is the introduction to characters from Nintendo's history and obscure/lesser-known series. Like I remember playing Smash 64 for the first time as a kid and being confused and fascinated with Captain Falcon, Ness, and even Samus. The last of which I became a huge fan of her home series. So for me Smash has always been a nice look into a wide variety of games that I may have never seen or heard of before.
So while I'm happy with all these fan favorites getting in and seeing their fans' reactions, I'm actually hoping for Sakurai to decide to run with his own character picks as opposed to just the ballot.
I'm hoping that Sakurai tries to put some of his own personal picks in, especially considering the Chorus Kids were most likely one of them, while pleasing some of those lesser fan bases or showing a side of Ninty's history.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Okay, my first post since the direct. I wasn't very pleased with the character and stage parts of the Direct. While I love the fact that K. Rool is in, and that we have more than 100 stages to choose from, my Rhythm Heaven dream was crushed in just a few minutes. First, by saying they are going to reveal every character beforehand. Then, by telling us we had 100 + 3 stages to choose from. New series always get new stages, so will RH. With other words, "we aren't going to bring further new series to the base game aka Golden Sun, Rayman or RHYTHM HEAVEN." My most wanted dream, crushed in a few seconds. Rhythm Heaven representation would have made Smash Ultimate to be ULTIMATE for me. RH was such a big part of my Nintendo past that it personally felt like a character from RH needed to join. But Sakurai didn't and put in Castlevania as a heavily represented series and the last new represented series. I feel like it is weird to conclude new series 4 months beforehand, end stage speculation 4 months beforehand, and deconfirm every new series character 4 months beforehand. Well, at least there's hope for an assist trophy, because a RH character as DLC has 0% chance. Man, we were so close with the Chorus Kids being in the Gematsu leak and the leftbehind data on a universe logo for Rhythm Heaven. And sadly, that's the closest we'll ever come. RIP, little Chorus Men :-(

Top Bottom