• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

glovetheglove

Smash Rookie
I'm going to bed dreaming of chorus kids.

I'm praying our pure boys can bring their heavenly voices to Smash Ultimate!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Some more hours before the direct...

Anyway, I hope they make this thing boys' Superb-screens a thing in their victory animations.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I already have very few expectations due to the previous direct, but I hope that this time I'm wrong.

Good luck to all.

Scorchingwater

Smash Rookie
Dang this class I’m in is going to be the longest 8 am class I’ll ever have. Luckily I get out before the direct but dang, I won’t be able to focus at all. Hope the chorus kids make it in! I still have hope!

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
less that 2 hours left~ I love how other threads are coming to say good luck to each other ^^
It feels so wholesome, probably because all of us is holding to the Grinch Leak LMAO
Best of WishesssSsSS

(good thing its a national holiday here so I can watch otherwise Ill be in my class LOLOLOL)

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Just one hour and a bit until the final words. I'm getting a bit stressed out lol.
Going to go now. See you guys on the other side!

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe it's almost time for the fate of the Chorus Kids to be revealed. Us supporters have been on a wild ride when it comes to these kids, and Rhythm Heaven in general. I dont know about you guys, but I will continue to support these good boys until the end of time. Enjoy the direct, guys!

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Here we go, last few minutes. This has been a crazy speculation period, even crazier than the Gematsu speculation period.

Maybe now is our time to get the Perfect we’ve been waiting for.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I am so excited and scared at the same time. It's time to grab some food to win or lose.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Everyone, let's all have hope. We will get our bois, I believe in them.

EDIT: Here's a nice song for the final stretch!

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Alright, I won't be watching until after school, so celebrate for me when they get revealed!

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I didn't see chorus Kids at all...
There's still hope for DLC
I was right about the seasonal passes!! They are following the trend!
We will have 5 characters next year! And I have this hope that Chorus Kids/Glee Club will be in it!

Heres my take:
>Geno
>Chorus Kids/Glee Club or Karate Joe
and some most wanted 3rd parties
>Rayman
>Crash Bandicoot
>Banjo-Kazooie for the finale
(all of these fighters arent really seen in the Direct BTW)

I actually interpreted that they arent "bound and limited" in choices for the DLC, they are free to choose anything. Maybe we will see ATs as BOTH ATs and CHARACTERS! So Isaac, Rex (I think Sakurai actually said that he didint quite end up in the roster, maybe later he will?), and god forbid our Lord and savior Waluigi will make a shot.

Dont give up guys!! Seasonal DLCs are a good thing!! Look how Street Fighter and Tekken is thriving! DLCs of most wanted characters? Nintendo makes money, we are Happy! Its a win-win.

Pls dont lose hope

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I just wish that Rhythm Heaven got more content. The only thing we saw was wrestler and reporter.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Fatal Frame Assist? Chibi Robo Mii Costume? And all we got was a reused throphy-spirit? Rhythm Heaven is ignored on all sides once again. Game looks absolutely incredible though, and there’s always hope for more DLC content. I LOVE the cutscene at the end, truly ultimate.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Screenshot_2018-11-01-16-31-26.jpeg

RIP :(

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Would the Chorus Kids really be a reasonable pick for dlc though? They're not exactly super popular or anything, so I feel like Nintendo wouldn't risk trying to sell them. Their inclusion in Smash Bros also relies heavily on leaks that are either only partially correct or straight up faked. idk, as much as I love the Chorus Kids, I don't see them happening. Maybe I'm just pessimistic after the direct.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Read somewhere that the male Wii Fit Trainer is also a Spirit. But I can't confirm this.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Would the Chorus Kids really be a reasonable pick for dlc though? They're not exactly super popular or anything, so I feel like Nintendo wouldn't risk trying to sell them. Their inclusion in Smash Bros also relies heavily on leaks that are either only partially correct or straight up faked. idk, as much as I love the Chorus Kids, I don't see them happening. Maybe I'm just pessimistic after the direct.
To be fair, you could say the same about the Piranha Plant.
Nobody saw that coming. It still shows that Sakurai is going to throw in characters that he wants, especially since all the expected picks (Edglegard, Spring Man, Rex, etc.) got blown out of the water.

So Chorus Kids could be a potential DLC pick. Especially since RH has a huge following in Japan, and that there's possible unused content from them.
Plus the DLC has already been decided on, just supposedly hasn't gone into production yet.

So who knows, maybe? I'm hoping at least that through this pass, we'll see some more unconventional characters like our boys alongside some heavily requested ones like Bandanna Dee.
And seeing the first DLC character, that may just very well happen.

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Spirits do not deconfirm your character, heck even ATs and costumes arent either.
I swear I heard Sakurai that they are "free" to choose what character they wanna make the next fighter. No only because the whole roster was finished
but they actually *might want to listen to people's wishes. The 5 season 1 DLCs are planned already tho

And like I said, its SEASONAL dlcs
we are going to have 5 next year
and another 5 next year, and so on....
until Smash Ult life dwindles
think like Killer Instinct's way of keeping it game life, it has seasonal characters (echoes even)

EDIT: SO it turns out NONE of the DLCs will be echoes... Dixie Kong might end up an original or semi clone, let that sink in.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, Piranha Plant kinda gives me hope that Sakurai will have a few unconventional wacky choices for DLC.

Being brutally honest here, if a RH character doesn't get in as a playable character for DLC, I will lose some degree of respect for Sakurai.

Rhythm Heaven has already proven to be worth of character representation to Sakurai back in Smash 4.

To not include a RH character as DLC for Ultimate would feel like a betrayal to me.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I don't think the Chorus Kids spirit disconfirms him, they are still real possibilities to me.
Spirits do not deconfirm your character, heck even ATs and costumes arent either.
I swear I heard Sakurai that they are "free" to choose what character they wanna make the next fighter. No only because the whole roster was finished
but they actually *might want to listen to people's wishes. The 5 season 1 DLCs are planned already tho

And like I said, its SEASONAL dlcs
we are going to have 5 next year
and another 5 next year, and so on....
until Smash Ult life dwindles
think like Killer Instinct's way of keeping it game life, it has seasonal characters (echoes even)
If you're feeling worried about them being Spirits, just remember that Mewtwo got a trophy in Smash 4 and that didn't keep him from coming in the game.
And Spirits are serving as a sort of replacement for both trophies and stickers.
Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as ATs go, I'm not expecting any "upgrades". After all, they devoted quite a bit of resources this time around to make them serve as robust NPCs, which definitely took a bit of man-hours and work to achieve.
So I doubt they would want to scrap content considering that.
As far as concerning the Chrous Kids, I think they're in the clear for that.
Or rather, any Rhythm Heaven character by that logic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom