• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Question: Who Misses the Hookshot?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Short and Simple, Claw shot sweet spots the Ledge, But Hookshot let you cling on at different area's and angles, and possibly saved more lives.

Anyways I love the hookshot which do you prefer?

D

Deleted member

this is like asking us if we miss recovering

answer: yes

/thread

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
I want my old hookshot recovery back, I want the old length back. But I can do with zair.

I honestly believe we have to resort to zair since nair was pretty nerfed.

While were at it, I want my old up b back as well.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah...I miss my handy dandy Hookshot. The Clawshot looks cooler, but the Hookshot was more useful when recovering.

Oh well...I tend to overwhelm my opponent anyways cause lets face facts: Link is a beast. Period.

Jink

Smash Apprentice
What I really miss about Link's grab game from Melee is his Dthrow because you could catch tech rollers and loop them after each Dthrow because it didn't send off opponents flying.

Grab, Dthrow, Grab, Dthrow, Grab, Dthrow... :laugh:, not a chain grab but still it was so good. ;)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hm, well the Clawshot has a better dair than the Hookshot but the Hookshot was much better for recovering. And seeing how the Link's recovery is so bad, the Hookshot is better. So, Hookshot for the win.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i hate the tether recovering system -___________-
sakurai - "Hey guys, sweetspotting with the hookshot was too hard in melee so we have to make it automatic and easy, while letting it be less versatile. In other words, lets gimp them lol'

Top Bottom