• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silly Melee Released Today!

Are you going to try out Silly Melee?

• Yes

Votes: 131 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 20.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 59 24.7%

• Total voters

Ever wanted to play Melee but have it be a bit more silly? Then today a small dream can come true! The first official build for Silly Melee has been released today. Made by Alpharad and MagicScrumpy with assistance from Casey O'Rourke it is self described on its official website as "Very, very silly. Characters do things that they never should have been able to do." Want to see some of what it can do? Check out the official release trailer!

Want to try out Silly Melee? Be sure to check out its official website. Does this look fun? Interested or not? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future Smash news.

Last edited:

Comments

Honesty a lot of this is "X move is randomly a meteor smash". But then again, it is called "Silly Melee" for a reason.

Then today a small dream, can come true! .​
There is no reason for there to be a comma there. I don't mean to nitpick, it's just that grammatical errors aren't uncommon in your articles and I think awareness being raised to them could be helpful to you.

Last edited:
I sometimes mod melee characters to make it more random and suprising, but now we have a comple version of every character!! this is awesome! :D

The download link leads to a file named s.xdelta. How do I even use this? Lmao
It works like Melee SD remix. I guess you can go to their site, but just use this.

Basically, you use this delta program or whatever to patch a melee iso, and then load that melee iso. It's pretty simple.

This looks like an absolute blast to play with four people, and would make for one hell of a party game, though I can't see it competitive.

D
They really should've called it Silly Smash Bros. Melee.

No offense but this looks like another Smash mod that will die in less than a year. Honestly if you want to make a mod that really stands out nowadays you will need to do something new and creative (look at PM or the fan game Super Smash Flash) but I like the attempt anyways.

Someone needs to make the jungle japes, mushroom kingdom 2 and yoshi island stages and upload them to brawl vault so I can use this on brawl-

Can someone tell me why they don't use a version of Melee with buffed low tiers?

Nobody wants to adapt after a decade of Fox dittos?

Not sure why, I was expecting this to be far sillier and more ground breaking. Like characters borrowing each others movesets. Set myself up for disappointment.

Top Bottom