• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf Tech Skill Vid

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah, what kind of crazy sh*t can bowser do anyway? shdfire? i'm not hating on bowser here, it's just it wouldn't be much, you'd have ppl up-b edgehogging, wavedashing, and full hopping. that last is a doozy w/ bowser, i don't know how Gimpyfish does it.

@ silent wolf, i was expecting some jc shines, but the other stuff was really cool.

edit: @Sora Keyblade: it's not supposed to be full of useful stuff, it's supposed to be full of flashy hard to do sh*t that you can't do.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Sorry but all I'm seeing are a bunch of unnecessary maneuvers that have 0 practical application in game.

Oh wait jump, mid air shine, jump cancel onto platform, wavedash off back air! Amazing! No..just kidding.

Showing that you can do these really static maneuvers that, honestly, anybody could do if they practiced alone for hours, is not a brilliant display of technical ability. It's not...impressive.

People like Mew2king, Forward, DaShizWiz, have far greater technical adeptness than Silent Wolf. They are capable of drawing from their technial "reserves" mid-match to produce very clean, smooth waveshines, aerial shines, you name it.

You see Wolf doing DSHL-->shine-->aerial-->shine--> repeat in place when there's a dummy computer in place. This does not impress me

Then, you watch some of his real match videos, vs Eggz for example, and all you'll find is a bunch of slow, sloppy waveshines (not ALWAYS, but a fair amount).

I'm not knocking his ability as a player. I'm sure he's a great player. I merely feel his "technical skill" is far overhyped. But of course, you don't always need to be super technically adept to be a solid player overall, so it's ok.
Dude I think that u need to calm down a little bit on that. This video was made purely for entertainment, not to judge his actual skill....I mean, you aren't doing that, are you?

Even so, I don't this video was created for technical debate. Just watch it. And enjoy it.:)

forward

Smash Champion
yo what are R U TALKING ABOUT????!?!?!??!??

silentwolf is way more technical than me

i suck at turning around in a shine, get it?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I...didn't judge his skill as a player. In fact, I believe I explicitly stated this in my previous post:

I'm not knocking his ability as a player. I'm sure he's a great player. -Me

I'm saying the maneuvers shown in this video are not impressive from a technical standpoint given the fact that many could achieve similar results if given ample opportunity to practice in training mode/against non-moving opponents.

I will, however, concede that it's an entertaining video in that it's certainly "flashy."
Get it? He doesnt understand the term technical.

Also, dont judge a players overall play by a few friendlies he posts outta no where.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
undeniably gross.

I remember back in the day trying to practice wavedashing by going across stages with as few wavedashes as possible... Looks like you cover dreamland in fewer moonwalk(dance)s than it would take me in wavedashes even today.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Then, you watch some of his real match videos, vs Eggz for example, and all you'll find is a bunch of slow, sloppy waveshines (not ALWAYS, but a fair amount).
Thats where i was referring to.

And **** STRAIGHT you better not judge his overall skill off of friendlies cause even if you think hes good or bad in a friendly it doesnt reflect on how he plays in tournaments. I never said retract your statement and call him bad also. But i see you've learned your lesson.

Btw i like how you created a new account just to flame silent wolf.

Also otto, sorry for flaming/spamming your thread. Your vid is great and i love your tech skill. I like the music choice too.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol no Mouf, his screen name is different now. and i don't think he'd be dumb enough to make a new one so similar after getting regulated by FLT

But I agree, this stuff is slightly useless. And you spelled Frankenstein wrong on the youtube link...which I don't get as a title anyway...unless you're a college drop out who's in love with his adoptive sister.

audreyh

Smash Ace
the vid was amazingly awesome thanks =)

but a suggestion, i don't think you should put jab cancels in the video cuz theyre hella easy to do. maybe if you turned around after each jab cancel and made it really quick

Sora Keyblade Masterer

Smash Rookie
w/e Sorry for saying your technical skill was bad silent wolf. it's really great.

i'm done.

as an apology i'm going to edit my previous posts. hope this makes everyone happy.

Eggz

Smash Hero
silent wolf:
lol........
btw i didnt add multishines cuz im still working on those.
i put like 30 seconds of thought into the techniques in here btw audreyh guy. i just kinda threw it together.
we just kinda randomly typed in Frankenstein............

and thx ppl fr pointing out the uselessness of those things........
i thought that last one would combo mario fosho

artifice

Smash Ace
needs less tech skill and more dancing to phat beats.

smash freestyle dance video.

I wont even comment on the credits.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
"You see Wolf doing DSHL-->shine-->aerial-->shine--> repeat in place when there's a dummy computer in place. This does not impress me"

lol did sora called eggz a computer dummy?

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
lol did sora called eggz a computer dummy?
Instead of being an a$$hole by trying to reignite the flames, how about you just let it go. he already apologized.

Silent wolf - the video was just terrific. I eagerly await for the final version.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Instead of being an a$$hole by trying to reignite the flames, how about you just let it go. he already apologized.

Silent wolf - the video was just terrific. I eagerly await for the final version.
Instead of being a douchebag by starting completely new flames, how about you just shut the **** up?

I was about to write like a 5 paragraph flame on Sora till Wolfey told me not to LOL

Anyway, me and Wolfey have been workin on our combo vids this weekend. So far hes got about 3 minutes of clips from one recording session, and I've got about 5 minutes of clips from like 3 recording sessions. :D

If we get bored tonight, we may even make another tech skill vid haha.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
lol...wow. You've come a long way in two years. How often do you play this game? o.O

I played and beat Silent before he could even L-cancel shine...

...I still can't...

:laugh:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
he uses the claw grip ya dummy

and i use the klaw grip

i've broken many a controller after klawin it because i am required to bite it after that at least once, or just throw it as hard as i can at the wall behind me

CHUK

Smash Ace
Looks like a fun video to make. I was expecting some short hop reversals (cancel gun animation but change the drection your facing, I dont know the technical term). very cool shffl's to shine to shdl's to shine etc. Jab cancelling Is a good technique against a determined crouch canceling smasher (Spamus). You're a very fun Fox to watch.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
wow,I thought silent wolf already had enough tech skill but this is crazy.why the **** did you put me in the credits?

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
hay not bad, that would be like something i would make. there was a little humor in it so that was cool. and what i liked about it most of all is that it wasn't completly boggus like superdoodleman's work. not dissing SDM but it was all like AR'd out and most of it was to much to even hope you could do. your stuff can be done if you practice so it gives you something to try to do.

Props man

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Dude my roy, Mr. Game and Watch, and kirby can beat your fox. The stuff you did was not very impressive
you just made an *** of yourself on this thread.Silent Wolf would kick your *** at ssbm.

edit:if your so sure you can beat him,go to western WA and play him at gameclucks.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
hay not bad, that would be like something i would make. there was a little humor in it so that was cool. and what i liked about it most of all is that it wasn't completly boggus like superdoodleman's work. not dissing SDM but it was all like AR'd out and most of it was to much to even hope you could do. your stuff can be done if you practice so it gives you something to try to do.

Props man
That wouldn't be something you would make.

Just so you know, SuperDoodleMan's videos were advertised as AR and made to show you what you can't do.

Oh and on your last comment, SW practices based off SuperDoodleMan's video's(at least he has.) So your comment was completely redundant in its entirety.

props man

I hate to be like, completely mean, but it itches me that you had no idea about anything you said.

D. Disciple

Smash Master

Props man
That was the point of the Action Replay vids. It was for entertainment, not actually being able to do.

Top Bottom