• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Hill General

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I posted this out of there not being one, and I just started playing Silent Hill for the PSX. I was going to play Metal Gear and I will be doing so one day from now, but I have to wait for my step dad to rip an ISO from our damaged disks and repair both ISOs, (The disks is not in the best condition.) So I decided to kill time by going though the ISO's I already have. One of them was Silent Hill, I have heard of it before, but I never got around to play it so I decided to give it a go...

HOLY ****ING CRAP IS THAT GAME ****ING CREEPY!

So here is a general for the video game series silent hill.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Silent Hill 1-3 is my favorite video game series.

Sadly, the series seriously went downhill after that.

SH1 is still scary to this day. The aged graphics make it even creepier somehow.

SH2 is one of the games that make me consider that video games can be an artform.

My favorite is 3 though. It is the most fun and the most brutal, and I love Heather because she actually has a personality unlike Harry or James.

4 is a very different game. It's not very good but it's worth trying out I guess.

5 just plain sucks.

Shattered Memories for the Wii is weird. It's nothing like Silent Hill. I liked it but it's kinda boring. There's no combat. It's more like a Choose your own adventure game. It has a pretty good story though!

the new one, Downpour, looks okay. It's too early to tell.

finalark

SNORLAX
I once bought a used copy of Silent Hill 2. I didn't get that far until it started freezing, and I couldn't get it to work.

Shame, really. I loved what I played, I just wish I could find another copy.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The story is like fanfiction. 5 came out after the Silent Hill movie came out, and it takes a bunch of stuff from the movie.

The movie was ok, but it really screwed up a lot of stuff as far as plot goes.

And, without spoiling too much, Pyramid Head is a character that literally only belongs in Silent Hill 2. When you play 2 you will see why. It doesn't make ANY sense that Pyramid Head is in the movie, and then in SH5. Overall, the plot is just a shameless ripoff that is trying to recapture the magic of the 2nd game.

Add to that, 5 is heavily combat oriented. To the point where there are combos. Combos in a Silent Hill game. It's just completely not what the series is supposed to be about.

It has a few cool moments, but overall it's just a mess. It's also not scary at all.

Shattered Memories isn't very scary either, but it does much more right than it does wrong.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I played the first Silent Hill and got angry after running around the town for about 2 hours without a clue about what to do, so I turned it off and never touched it again (this was last year).

Just got Shattered Memories and it seems like the only scares they have are jump scares. I jumped a little the first time you have to take a picture of the swing and the ghost girl appears, but that was only because it was so loud. Haven't felt scared since and the fact that I have to LOOK for the pseudo-jump scares is really irking.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Silent Hill 2 is my favorite horror game ever.

James being the steely killer he is shows little to no emotion even in the darkest of moments.

The music, the camera, the way the monsters move, it's just awesome.

I dare anyone to play that game on Extra without cheating and finish.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I started playing Silent Hill for the first time this past Saturday since I missed out on it. Let me tell you bro, the whole atmosphere is very uncomfortable. I didnt get to far.

I got to the school and I was exploring for a bit, I entered one of the bathrooms, heard that little girl cry/laugh type of thing, i **** my pants and turned off my psp, havent turned the game on since then. **** is crazy

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I started playing Silent Hill for the first time this past Saturday since I missed out on it. Let me tell you bro, the whole atmosphere is very uncomfortable. I didnt get to far.
I hear you man, I keep turning off my emulator in the middle of the game, more frequently then I actually die.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

I got to the school and I was exploring for a bit, I entered one of the bathrooms, heard that little girl cry/laugh type of thing, i **** my pants and turned off my psp, havent turned the game on since then. **** is crazy
I've been replaying the first game for the first time since it came out, and this part really creeped me out as well. The sound design overall is just really good and scary. There are a couple scary moments in the locker rooms as well.

Wait till you get to the hospital.

Top Bottom