• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Signup Thread for NewD3 Mafia

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
MafiaScum is always hard at work developing the latest and greatest standard open setups for new players and I've always found the iterative process of improvement of the setup really interesting. I haven't played in one since F11 was standard so I wanted to host the latest iteration to give both new and old players alike a chance to play a robust open setup to test their mettle.

This is a 9 player game by design and I will start signups at 9 players but will expand the game mountainously if there are more than 9 interested players and the number of interested players can be scaled appropriately. E.g. If 12 players are interested I would add 2 VTs and 1 extra mafia goon, or something similar. All added roles will be powerless if and when the game is expanded to ensure the game scales properly.

All information regarding the setup can be found here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

All night actions will be resolved using the Natural Action Resolution method: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

Short version is that this game will be 1 of 9 possible setups:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

General Rules:

01. Follow all SmashBoards forum conduct rules
02. Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary. I will generally only give a warning for the first offense but reserve the right to modkill for repeated or particularly eggregious/deliberate edits that are intended to undermine the integrity of the game
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors. Example: Vote: Marshy Unvote: Marshy
04. Days will last for half of the existing player base, rounded up to the nearest whole number, +1. So 9 alive results in Day 1 being 6 Days (9/2 = 4.5, round up to 5, +1 is 6). 6 Alive would be 4 Days for that phase. Nights will always be 48 hours. If a majority vote is reached, the first player to receive a majority of the living players' active present votes will be eliminated. If no majority is reached by the deadline, no elimination will occur and the game will proceed to night phase.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Elimination.
06. Talking about the game outside of the thread is strictly prohibited unless you are specifically granted permission to do so by the moderator. Breaking this rule will result in an automatic, non-negotiable modkill. If allowed to communicate with other players about the game outside of the thread, you may choose whatever medium you would like to do so.
07. Please direct all questions about the setup or game functions to the moderator privately. The moderator will not respond to in-game thread inquiries. The moderator will only post about game mechanics in the game thread if it is determined to be absolutely necessary to preserve the game's integrity.
08. No using hidden codes, text, cyphers, or any other means of communication in the game thread that restricts the visibility or readability of your posts to a limited number of players.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures.
10. No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase, with the exception of a single "Bah go town/scum!" post or functional equivalent.
11. Failure to submit a night action with the 48 hour night phase will result in no action being taken.

Feel free to ask any questions about the setup here!

Player List:

1.) Swiss
2.) Laserguy
3.) Bessie
4.) Sabrar
5.) Wam
6.) Maven89
7.) Fontisian
8.) Eido
9.) Somitomi
10.) Gorf

Last edited:

bessie

Smash Journeyman
/in

Ok. Let’s get this game going!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame I assume that with the given setup, this will be a newbie friendly game? And that this would be a great game to encourage new players to join?

Maven89 Maven89 Are you still looking to join a game? We haven’t played together for a while, it would be great if you joined this one!

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I don’t think you and I have ever played a complete game together. You were in my first game on this forum, the one where I had to replace out. How about signing up for this game, I would love to play with you!

Sabrar Sabrar Woof?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If this game somehow fills before the weekend I can't start it until Monday, possibly Tuesday. Im in trial thru Friday and it may bleed into Monday and I will not have time to start the game until it ends

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Vicarin Vicarin This should be a nice chill game, much lower content level than your previous game here. Would love to play with you again if you have the time!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I should /out

and /spectate instead. Sorry y'all, I think I should try to take a small break so I can do some things.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
\in
I'm not gonna have a lot of time for this, but if it's gonna be chill hopefully I'll keep up. Plus I have to give bessie and LaserGuy the opportunity to put me in their towncore :p

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
That joke doesn’t work as well considering that the setup is open. Nice I’m confirmed town before the game starts

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Given we have 10 which is a bit of an awkward number, is anyone currently signed up opposed to a 1-shot factional double kill for the scum that they MUST use on N1 for balance purposes? I can leave it 8v2 if yall dont mind the extra town power but figured Id ask

Top Bottom