• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Signature Kill Moves (OP Updated - need testing)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
OK guys few changes for this. What we're going to do is find when Luigi kills against 3 different characters. One light, one mid, and one heavy each chosen by the metagame to be the most useful. We're going to use MK for the light side, Snake for the heavy side, and I dunno who yet for the mid range. We can do all of his smashes, uppercut, Utilt, Bthrow, Nair, and possibly misfire but that seems tedious. I'm going to delete this massive amount of garbage because I don't know what I can trust from crewster. If you can test on the center of FD with no DI in training mode. Post your results and feel free to post with DI if you want to. I'll get back later tomorrow night and we can get crackin.

Snake

Shoryuken -
UFsmash -
Fsmash -
DFsmash -
Usmash (sweetspot) -
Usmash (other hitboxes) -
Dsmash -
Nair -
Bthrow -
Utilt -

Metaknight

Shoryuken -
UFsmash -
Fsmash -
DFsmash -
Usmash (sweetspot) -
Usmash (other hitboxes) -
Dsmash -
Nair -
Bthrow -
Utilt -

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
This is alot of work lol. You gotta note that , in training mode, moves are ALWAYS fresh. It doesn't decay. Alot of the moves will kill differently espically due to ceiling and low danger zones and such.

Not to mention that awhile back in the day, there was a kill % thread (actually there was alot of them in the summer but unfinished lol) and I'm sure theres one in Locuan's strata thread thinggy.

edit: found it. here ya go sir

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180142

crewster

Smash Lord
This is alot of work lol. You gotta note that , in training mode, moves are ALWAYS fresh. It doesn't decay. Alot of the moves will kill differently espically due to ceiling and low danger zones and such.

Not to mention that awhile back in the day, there was a kill % thread (actually there was alot of them in the summer but unfinished lol) and I'm sure theres one in Locuan's strata thread thinggy.

edit: found it. here ya go sir

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180142

But that's oly FJP and ariel FJP.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
It's impossible to measure misfire because it doesn't come when you need it. Luigi needs to gather win and make a sacrifice to the gods before a misfire.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If crewster's too lazy to test this with DI or do misfire, I guess I will.

crewster

Smash Lord
If crewster's too lazy to test this with DI or do misfire, I guess I will.
If you want just PM me the resuls andI'll add it

It's impossible to measure misfire because it doesn't come when you need it. Luigi needs to gather win and make a sacrifice to the gods before a misfire.
In brawls I seem to be really lucky with the missfire, in recovery it never happenes but if I do a side b by acident, it usually missfres and kills.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ah, but will you do the Missfire? This is the one true question by which history will judge you.

Melodrama... if overused, it will backfire.
Yeah, I even said I'll do misfire, lol.

If you want just PM me the resuls andI'll add it.
It'll be a joint project, I guess. I'll test my results, and you can add them.
This makes up for the whole Mario... thing. :mad:

crewster

Smash Lord
It'll be a joint project, I guess. I'll test my results, and you can add them.
This makes up for the whole Mario... thing. :mad:
yeah. I'll say tha t youdidthe misfire, I'll do the rest.
And this doesn't make up for the mario thing, mario's not bad (**** gimp), but I got room banned for it though. It will be reversed soon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

yeah. I'll say tha t youdidthe misfire, I'll do the rest.
And this doesn't make up for the mario thing, mario's not bad (**** gimp), but I got room banned for it though. It will be reversed soon.
You can also link the post with my information, since I'll have it formatted in a special way.
We did have some fun games, but you get gimped pretty easily. Mario's cape and FLUDD are amazing.

I also got roombanned for it, which is pretty surprising. It should've only lasted a day... >_>

Also, anything that you don't get finished, I'll research. ie. Shoryuken results.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Then you can compare your results to mine... -.-
All you do is Jab-Up-B when I get past 50%.

Also, you can never trust Frown to be serious. He's probably not offering help, but leading you into a trap, instead.

crewster

Smash Lord
No point, I'm not doing it with ab. just getting the exat percentages

crewster

Smash Lord
I would but my parents limit the amount of wii games I have and I don't have twilight princess and there are still 2 games + DSi that I want to get so... I will when I get TP.

Backpaw

Smash Rookie
for the missfire it either be really easy or really hard
easy route = ask someone who is adept in brawl+ hacks to have his misfire occur 100% of the time, i thought there was a hack that made it so G&W always get's a 9 so the same should work for luigi right?
hard route pray

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
There's a good point in it, hippie. For me, I'm never really sure what is a good percentage to SHORYUKEN. Whenever I SHORYUKEN it has to kill, so this could help a lot in knowing the perfect percentage to kill with a move.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lolwut? Not trying to flame this thread, but in middle of match, u would pause and check % he dies at? I think not. Its NOT THAT HARD to memorize the kill %s... espically for upb... Lightweights dies around early 40%s.. Mid to lights die late 40%s... Midweights die around early 50%s..so forth...

My point is...you should know each chars weight category...so u wont worry for accuracy.. not to mention all kills will differ due to diff ceiling,stale or not, and GOOD PPL with GOOD DI..which is why I question this...

obtw shoryuken kill % is in strat thread just fyi :laugh:

crewster

Smash Lord
I don't think they's mind if I copy and paste it.
EDIT: can't find it.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
That's true, you could keep thinking that way the way we do now. But though it may not seem like much, you may know that you can kill Peach at 60, but it's more convenient to kill her as early as possible.

That's just me, though. It's all in the numbers, bro.

crewster

Smash Lord
Well I'll try to update this whenever I can. On weekends etc so don't exect it to be updated soon.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
To be honest, I don't think this thread is coming back from the grave.
Crewster is inactive so he can't really test or update this thread.

As for the nair, there are the differences for sweetspotting and sourspotting.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The original poster shouldn't hold you guys back. If, as a collective, you guys want to work on this, I can very easily give control over the first post to another person.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
irrelavent question: why is Luigi's Up B called "Shoryuken"? I thought a shoryuken was a ninja projectile weapon...

Top Bottom