• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I just don't know what to say else on the matter, I told you my requests so there is so much I can say relaying said requests.
I'll work within the points you've given, but as I said before, better communication and having a clear vision/idea is important for when you bring on more people. If you plan on leading a team, you need to be prepared for that.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay so to keep track of all the roster's home planets -

Wikka-1 - A heavily forested swamp planet; today, today it mainly a rural, albeit self-sufficient planet. The planet's heavy methane has caused the crust to randomly ignite with Pyronite flames, the hottest flames in the galaxy. As a result the atmosphere can be quite tricky to breath-in, requiring special filters in order to not choke to death on the gases. The warming of the soil has made it fertile for several species of rare plants, one of which is the planet's local delicacy, Wikkan Fire Squash. This red squash needs to be prepared in a certain way or else you will have to digest a bowl of magma in your stomach. When it is prepared properly it makes quite the delicious stew when combined with the meat of Dogans, tiny cricket/chicken hybirds who are both a pest species and the main source of meat for the Wikkans, Aremi's species. The planet was once prosperous, providing fuel for the Double Sigma, but became blacklisted from trade due to being scapegoated for the Sigma's disappearance. Now only remnants of the original drilling operations remain on the planet, with the sites quickly being retaken by the jungles.

Great Tide Nebula - A star nebula found in the upper right corner of the galaxy. The name comes from the arching formations made by the stardust, which often pass through rough asteroid clusters, making it resemble crashing waves on rocks. The natives are the whale-like Areocetaceans, who stitch these asteroids together with loose metal and space junk to make loose settlements led by large family-based clans. Areocetaceans are a varied bunch, some are commonly found around the galaxy as space mechanics, since their ability to live without the need for traditional air allows them to work basically anywhere. Due to being rather far off from the goings on of the galaxy, several Areocetaceans have been found trading with often blacklisted planets such as Wikka-1. Due to how remote the nebula is, the place has attracted some unscrupulous induviduals, who often form cartel bases in the center of lone asteroids. Areocetacean play a variety of sports in the wide cosmic ocean, one of the most popular being Air Boxing, which is boxing taking place in the depths of the nebula's cache of star dust.

Draden - Nicknamed the "Furnace of the Galaxy," Draden is a craggy planet near the middle of the galaxy. On the surface is what is called Polarus Draden, a snowy mountain with towering spires of ice overlooking deep canyons. The only plant life growing on the planet is the twisty but sturdy Icewoods, and the tough, thread-like Dragon's Whisker Root. These two plants are used to form infrastructure and clothing, respectively. Icewoods, despite their name, are also fireproof since they have a strong wax coating. Meanwhile the clothing Dragon's Wiskers create are immune to all temperatures. This is important as beneath the canyons are pits called "Firegates," which are the entrances to Magmatic Draden. The Firegates are all dotted with ancient ruins, implying some sort of long, unrecorded history on the planet. Magmatic Draden is a looping series of tunnels lined with metallic ore and gemstones, with the gems forming the closest things to plant life down there. This makes the planet a prime spot for mining, which are accomplished by the Magmatic Dracons, while the refinery is done by the Polarus Dradens. This makes it a key planet for trading in the galaxy, with the small moon of Draden, Scalon, being converted into a trade hub. The bustling moon of Scalon however, is also a sight for smuggling and black market trade, so a taskforce was created to try and quell said smuggling, with Polarus and Magmatic Dracons working together to stop these crimes.

Mythis and Diptera - Two celestial bodies outside the galaxy, a planet and its moon, that can be best described as two different wastelands. Mythis is the main planet, and its climate is currently a near endless sulfuric ocean with small barren islands dotting the landscape. Diptera meanwhile the a cavernous moon of bone-white dirt and stone, with grey dust filling the atmosphere. These planets were originally thriving; however, well, Diptera was, Mythis was still an acid death worth, but it had plants at least. Mythis was home to the Myten, a parasitic lifeform that regularly migrated towards the then forested Diptera to devour the G'nats, the natives of the moon. The G'nats fear the Mytens, who deprive them of their food, since, as bloodsuckers, they lack many options. Through some unknown means, the G'nats managed to nearly wipe out the Mytens, however as spite the Mytens bombarded Diptera, making it the feral wasteland you see today. Diptera is now a ruined planet, with the only lifeforms being mutated insects and G'nats driven mad by being starved of blood. This caused several sane G'nats to go off world to find a way to substain themselves, making the population of sane G'nats on their native planet quite low.

Viprin - A desert planet, but one with a varied climate. With a large reserve of groundwater caused by constant meteor showers from Boa, their regularly thawing and freezing moon of pure ice, Viprin is quite fertile despite its climate. The biggest draw to Viprin is its wildlife, which has one of the most varied list of endemic wildlife not found anywhere else. This however attracts game hunters, most notably from the native Viprex, giving the species a whole a bad reputation as nothing more than savage poachers. To escape this bad stereotyping, most Viprex pride themselves as top ecological scientists, however this has grown criticism from the natives, as some believe hunting is the essence of their culture and the aristocrats are simply erasing that. This has caused conflicts between the scientist population and hunter population, which is harming their tourist industry.

Birchun - Less of a planet and more of a planet-sized tree, Birchun's main distinctive trait is the fact that a giant oak has grown from the planet, causing a giant hole in the center of it. Some say that this was a result of two giant celestial bodies colliding, and the energy caused a new species of plant to bloom, creating this tree. Regardless, Birchun's native species are the ent-like Oaklans, colossal humanoid trees known for their wisdom. Several Oaklans were praised for brinding in new ages of the galaxy, which isn't far off from the truth as Oaklans are also infamous for their long growth cycle. Like locusts, Birchuns hibernate for over a century before waking all at once. Due to how vulnerable the species is, all tourism towards Birchum is prohibited, and only ecological scientists can travel on the planet's surface, where a host of untouched wildlife can be found.

These are all the planets I have so far, Kowalski is the only one without a planet, as Albino Protochimps are so rare that they don't have one sent home planet. How does this look, any questions for these planets?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
EPSILON redesign attempt
Different from my expectations, but a very cool design, reminds me of the Whitetiger Zord from MMPR, maybe if you slim down the design since EPSILON is a nimble rushdowner, it would be perfect, like my opinion would be that one meme from Emperor New Groove. Maybe alongside the tiger motif, maybe add some inspirations from Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, making EPSILON look like a android of peach while LAMBDA the big mean kaiju that needs to be beaten up. That would really tie the design together.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Different from my expectations, but a very cool design, reminds me of the Whitetiger Zord from MMPR, maybe if you slim down the design since EPSILON is a nimble rushdowner, it would be perfect, like my opinion would be that one meme from Emperor New Groove. Maybe alongside the tiger motif, maybe add some inspirations from Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, making EPSILON look like a android of peach while LAMBDA the big mean kaiju that needs to be beaten up. That would really tie the design together.
I have basically zero familiarity with Power Rangers/Kamen Rider aside from thinking the costume design is cool. Let me look those up.

I made them "beefier" to look like they could contend with LAMBDA better (also somewhat stout, taking partial inspiration from Wolverine), but I can slim it down.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I have basically zero familiarity with Power Rangers/Kamen Rider aside from thinking the costume design is cool. Let me look those up.

I made them "beefier" to look like they could contend with LAMBDA better (also somewhat stout, taking partial inspiration from Wolverine), but I can slim it down.
Im just bringing that up since I personally think a smaller, slimmer design makes EPSILON's role as a floaty rushdown fighter more obvious, gameplay through visual design basically.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I've been experimenting with a basic arcade mode layout:

• Round 1:
    • Planet - Wikka - 1
    • Fighter - Aremi
    • Stage - Overgrown Rig
  • Round 2 - Choose your Battles
    • Planet - Draden
    • Round 2a:
      • Fighter - Levi
      • Stage - Frost Beast's Bridge
    • Round 2b
      • Fighter - Wynnie
      • Stage - Flaming Gateway
  • Round 3:
    • Planet - Deep Space
    • Fighter - EPSILON
    • Stage - Lone Probe
  • BONUS GAME
    • Gem Busters - Destroy all the Gems
  • Round 4 - Choose your Battles
    • Planet - Great Tide Nebula
    • Round 4a:
      • Fighter - Ahab, followed by Erycles
      • Stage - Asteroid Arena
    • Round 4b:
      • Fighter - Kowalski. followed by Chell
      • Stage - Secret Hollow
  • Round 5:
    • Planet - Birchun
    • Fighter - Wyrm and Tamm
    • Stage - Cosmic Forest
  • BONUS GAME
    • Striker Ball - Lead the ball to the goal for a prize
  • Round 6 - Choose your Battles
    • Planet - Mythis and Dipteros
    • Round 6a
      • Fighter - Myten Queen
      • Stage - Acid Forge
    • Round 6b
      • Fighter - Weevle
      • Stage - Desolate Crater
  • Round 7:
    • Planet - Double Sigma
    • Fighter - LAMBDA
    • Stage - Sigma Core
  • Round 8:
    • Red Dragon LAMBDA
    • Stage - Edge of Space

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Im just bringing that up since I personally think a smaller, slimmer design makes EPSILON's role as a floaty rushdown fighter more obvious, gameplay through visual design basically.
No, I agree there. Right now, I'm basically just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Trying to go smaller and slimmer without going too small and into Levi/Wynnie or Aremi/Weevle territory is what I want to try for.

For slimming down a design like this, I pretty much default to making a lither build, but that naturally lends itself to being a more feminine figure, especially when combined with the tiger/cat theming. But that's something I'm avoiding in order adhere to your design specifications.

If I make them too slim though, they'll wind up being kind of thin and lanky which I don't think works visually for a floaty speedster.

With the PR/KR inspiration in mind I could go for a Captain Falcon style build, but then it might look like a guy in a suit.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I've been experimenting with a basic arcade mode layout:

• Round 1:
    • Fighter - Aremi
    • Planet - Wikka-1
    • Stage - Overgrown Rig
  • Round 2 - Choose your Battles
    • Planet - Draden
    • Round 2a:
      • Fighter - Levi
      • Stage - Frost Beast's Bridge
    • Round 2b
      • Fighter - Wynnie
      • Stage - Flaming Gateway
  • Round 3:
    • Planet - Deep Space
    • Fighter - EPSILON
    • Stage - Lone Probe
  • BONUS GAME
    • Gem Busters - Destroy all the Gems
  • Round 4 - Choose your Battles
    • Planet - Great Tide Nebula
    • Round 4a:
Whose route is it supposed to be?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
No, I agree there. Right now, I'm basically just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Trying to go smaller and slimmer without going too small and into Levi/Wynnie or Aremi/Weevle territory is what I want to try for.

For slimming down a design like this, I pretty much default to making a lither build, but that naturally lends itself to being a more feminine figure, especially when combined with the tiger/cat theming. But that's something I'm avoiding in order adhere to your design specifications.

If I make them too slim though, they'll wind up being kind of thin and lanky which I don't think works visually for a floaty speedster.

With the PR/KR inspiration in mind I could go for a Captain Falcon style build, but then it might look like a guy in a suit.
You know you could model EPSILON off the Blue Alloy from Smash Brawl's multi man brawl, it is similar to Captain Falcon's build, but far from humanoid.

Whose route is it supposed to be?
I accidentally posted it early by mistake, the full version is finished now for you to see

Arcade mode works a bit differently if you play Mytan Queen, LAMBDA, or Weevle, LAMBDA and EPSILON's rounds will be swapped, so EPSILON is the final boss and they transform into a new uber form as well called Blue Tiger EPSILON. Imagine Red Dragon LAMBDA as similar to a combo of Giga Bowser and Galleom, while Blue Tiger EPSILON is a combo of Duon and Tabuu.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You know you could model EPSILON off the Blue Alloy from Smash Brawl's multi man brawl, it is similar to Captain Falcon's build, but far from humanoid.
Are you sure about that?
1710990394190.png

Also, both are still humanoid. Humanoid covers anything with a human shape. That includes anthros, robots, etc. The majority of the Sigma Busters cast are still humanoid or at least relatively humanoid. The 3 furthest away are LAMBDA and Kowalski who while bipedal are still more monstrous/animal-like and the Myten Queen who is the only true non-humanoid, bearing zero characteristics.

1710990463877.png

I accidentally posted it early by mistake, the full version is finished now for you to see
That still doesn't answer the question of whose route it is. Or is it meant to be the same across the board?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Are you sure about that?
View attachment 386737
Also, both are still humanoid. Humanoid covers anything with a human shape. That includes anthros, robots, etc. The majority of the Sigma Busters cast are still humanoid or at least relatively humanoid. The 3 furthest away are LAMBDA and Kowalski who while bipedal are still more monstrous/animal-like and the Myten Queen who is the only true non-humanoid, bearing zero characteristics.

View attachment 386738

That still doesn't answer the question of whose route it is. Or is it meant to be the same across the board?
Sorry, I thought the blue alloy was the captain falcon clone, not the red one. I mean reference the red alloy, or the alloys as a whole for that fact. The orb-torso fits EPSILON since they have plasma and gravity based attacks.

Also currently Arcade Mode is same across the board, aside from the final boss changing depending on who you are. The big story mode comes in the Scenario Mode, where you play missions with certain characters to get the full story of Sigma Busters.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sorry, I thought the blue alloy was the captain falcon clone, not the red one. I mean reference the red alloy, or the alloys as a whole for that fact. The orb-torso fits EPSILON since they have plasma and gravity based attacks.

Also currently Arcade Mode is same across the board, aside from the final boss changing depending on who you are. The big story mode comes in the Scenario Mode, where you play missions with certain characters to get the full story of Sigma Busters.
Welp, I was already doodling before this post came up so, slight rework:

Screenshot 2024-03-20 233130.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Welp, I was already doodling before this post came up so, slight rework:

View attachment 386739
I quite like the new design, the orb really works and ties it together.

By the way in case your wondering, Crystal Busters is a fusion to Break the Targets and Board the Platforms, since there are different colored crystals that need to be destroyed in different ways, some from a neutral attacks, special attack, or just standing on them. If you beat it in a short time, you get a continue. There are 24 stages, 2 for each fighter, 1 is an easy mode stage and the other is a hard mode stage, called Game A and B respectively. Striker Ball meanwhile has you try and manipulate a ball to hit the goal hole, getting under par gives you a free continue. There are 18 stages of Striker Ball, 3 for each difficulty (Simple, Easy, Normal, Challenging, Brutal, and Conquest, in that order) that get randomly chosen based off your chosen arcade mode difficulty.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I quite like the new design, the orb really works and ties it together.

By the way in case your wondering, Crystal Busters is a fusion to Break the Targets and Board the Platforms, since there are different colored crystals that need to be destroyed in different ways, some from a neutral attacks, special attack, or just standing on them. If you beat it in a short time, you get a continue. There are 24 stages, 2 for each fighter, 1 is an easy mode stage and the other is a hard mode stage, called Game A and B respectively. Striker Ball meanwhile has you try and manipulate a ball to hit the goal hole, getting under par gives you a free continue. There are 18 stages of Striker Ball, 3 for each difficulty (Simple, Easy, Normal, Challenging, Brutal, and Conquest, in that order) that get randomly chosen based off your chosen arcade mode difficulty.
ngl a 2d golf mode actually sounds really cool, especially with how wacky you can get with stage design, I really like that concept. Crystal Busters sounds good too, but I feel like adding the ones you stand on just to try and squeeze BtP into it is kind of unnecessary.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
ngl a 2d golf mode actually sounds really cool, especially with how wacky you can get with stage design, I really like that concept. Crystal Busters sounds good too, but I feel like adding the ones you stand on just to try and squeeze BtP into it is kind of unnecessary.
Really the idea for Striker Ball just came to the fact I had fun testing knockback angles in Godot and thought, why not make that a mode? It really makes you think of how each move does what angle of knockback, help you learn about each character's unique quirks when it comes in angles. I called it Striker Ball to separate comparisons from the Golf level from Pizza Tower.... Unless Peppino becomes a guest fighter then it goes full ham.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Also, I still feel like the EPSILON design still doesn't quite fit. Most of the moves are kick based, meaning longer legs would be better both for making the moves more useful and placing that visual emphasis on them. If I give them longer legs though, they'd wind up taller, and for a kick-based move set they might still be a bit too broad top/arms wise. At the same time, if I do slim them down like that, I feel it takes away from the "strong tiger" look. That could be balanced out a bit by adding muscle definition to make them lean but toned, except for the part where they're a robot.

I guess it kinda works? What do you think?

Screenshot 2024-03-20 235810.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Also, I still feel like the EPSILON design still doesn't quite fit. Most of the moves are kick based, meaning longer legs would be better both for making the moves more useful and placing that visual emphasis on them. If I give them longer legs though, they'd wind up taller, and for a kick-based move set they might still be a bit too broad top/arms wise. At the same time, if I do slim them down like that, I feel it takes away from the "strong tiger" look. That could be balanced out a bit by adding muscle definition to make them lean but toned, except for the part where they're a robot.

I guess it kinda works? What do you think?

View attachment 386741
Good enough for now, we can return for this.

BTW I've been attempting to code how attacks have different effects to them, from aesthetic choices like fire or ice particles, to attacks that trip or bury opponents. Im telling you this in case you want a Dev Update.

Right now, I'm just fixing a few new movement based bugs, but otherwise development is going smoothly, if a bit slow ngl.

BTW do you think it would be better if Myten Queen was based off an Isopod or a Crab, regardless of animal inspiration, there will be some design elements based off Twelve from Third Strike due to sharing a similar color palate and attack concepts.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Good enough for now, we can return for this.

BTW I've been attempting to code how attacks have different effects to them, from aesthetic choices like fire or ice particles, to attacks that trip or bury opponents. Im telling you this in case you want a Dev Update.

Right now, I'm just fixing a few new movement based bugs, but otherwise development is going smoothly, if a bit slow ngl.

BTW do you think it would be better if Myten Queen was based off an Isopod or a Crab, regardless of animal inspiration, there will be some design elements based off Twelve from Third Strike due to sharing a similar color palate and attack concepts.
I would say the queen can be more crab based with the drones being more like isopods. I don't know how large you intend the queen to be, but with the longer legs of a crab, I think that'd be a good way of making her appear larger even if the overall body is rather compact. Giving her two primary arms/legs? with tentacle (or just straight up tentacles) like movement to them for attacking opponents also facilities some of the Twelve inspiration.

Quick concept

Screenshot 2024-03-21 002141.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I would say the queen can be more crab based with the drones being more like isopods. I don't know how large you intend the queen to be, but with the longer legs of a crab, I think that'd be a good way of making her appear larger even if the overall body is rather compact. Giving her to primary arms with tentacle like movement to them for attacking opponents also facilities some of the Twelve inspiration.

Quick concept

View attachment 386742
Think of the Queen as big, not because they are tall, but because they are wide, they are quite short, being just under Aremi's head in terms of total height, but they are quite wide, being the longest member of the cast in terms of width, next to possible LAMBDA. Also note that the 4 types of Myten drones are facilitated through different specials, Myten Floater is the Neutral Special, Myten Smoker is the Side Special, Myten Locus is the Up Special, Myten Sneaker is the down special, and then the Myten Driller is responsible for all of the Charge Attacks.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Think of the Queen as big, not because they are tall, but because they are wide, they are quite short, being just under Aremi's head in terms of total height, but they are quite wide, being the longest member of the cast in terms of width, next to possible LAMBDA.
So, they have a generally long body? Or just wide?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 003637.png

Also note that the 4 types of Myten drones are facilitated through different specials, Myten Floater is the Neutral Special, Myten Smoker is the Side Special, Myten Locus is the Up Special, Myten Sneaker is the down special, and then the Myten Driller is responsible for all of the Charge Attacks.
Sure? Not really relevant to the queen's visual design atm.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Long body is more accurate, the visual representation you gave matched up with my primary thoughts on Myten Queen's size.
Got it. Any update on additional artists btw? Designs like the Myten Queen are well out of my wheelhouse, plus with all the drones, they're going to require much more time/work than any of the other fighters.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Got it. Any update on additional artists btw? Designs like the Myten Queen are well out of my wheelhouse, plus with all the drones, they're going to require much more time/work than any of the other fighters.
My brother currently has the flu, so he isn't in tip top shape to work on the game yet. But he seems interested, currently I am just trying to get the stupid movement right, to show others I am serious, which I am but I feel like I need physical proof to show, and sometimes that ONE issue just bugs me.

As of right now deciding between Levi, Wynnie, and Aremi as my first designed character, the former two have the most basic kit, while Aremi is a more generalist, may do the former two.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Levi Rework
Role: Spacer

Gimmick: Tipper - The tip of Levi's sword, Frostpunk, deals extra damage and knockback.

Neutral Attack: Ice Crest – A single upward thrust radiating an icy mist, getting hit by the base of the sword sends the opponent upwards while the tip sends them backwards.

Forward Tilt: Icefall – A downward angled slash from above, with the tip radiating a cyan glow.

Up Tilt: Splinter Shards – A rapid-fire multi-hit move where Levi stabs upwards, dealing many small hits to juggle opponents.

Back Tilt: Polar Cutter – A sideways slash backwards that hits both sides, though the behind deals much more damage and knockback than the front.

Down Tilt: Tip Trip – Levi tries to trip the opponent with his sword, the tip has the highest chance to trip the opponent.

Dash Attack: Blizzard Spin – A spinning motion that has Levi spinning like a tornado, dealing many hits while giving good burst movement.

Side Charge: Ice Breaker – Levi coats his sword in ice to smash into the opponent, a good attack with splash damage from the ice chunks.

Up Charge: Frozen Spear – Levi skewers upwards with his sword, with artic winds sending his foes upwards.

Down Charge: Avalanche – Levi stabs the ground, causing two spikes of ice to jut from each side, his longest range charge attack, albeit one with only decent power.

Neutral Air: Freeze Cutter– A quick triple spin in the air, the edges dealing more damage and knockback.

Forward Air – Hailmaester – A diagonal slash downwards with an ice covered sword, a unique stall and fall that trades ease of use with sheer power.

Back Air – Hilt Jab – An elbow jab where Levi juts his sword's hilt as a quick get off me tool, good knockback, albeit low damage.

Up Air – Waxing Moon – An upwards slash used for juggling opponents, with some icy mist trailing the slash.

Down Air – Waning Moon- A downward slash that creates a potent spike if you hit the tipper of the move.

Neutral Special: Blizzardoes Blade – Mist swirls around Levi's sword, which he then charges for a forward thrust. In the later stages of the move's charge the opponent will be sucked inward to better line up the thrust.

Neutral Hyper: Ice Star – Levi flicks a quick star made of ice at the opponent, the freezing ice of the star stuns opponents quite a bit.

Neutral Super: Frost Dragoon– An all-or-nothing frosty slash that has leaves opponents in a crumpled state if it hits, however it leaves Levi vulnerable if it misses.

Forward Special: Sky Salome – An aimable dash in the air where Levi frantically slashes with all his might, good for attacking and recovery though you'll be sent into freefall afterwards.

Forward Hyper: Skycutter Salome – The attack lasts longer and quicker, though the individual slashes are weaker, with the exception of a powerful final slash.

Forward Super: Sheer Cold Spinner– Levi shoots out a white tornado of snow to push people off the stage.

Up Special: Frostpunk – A slash upwards that can be manipulated left or right, and then you can either perform a powerful crash down or a weaker air dash forward.

Up Hyper: Vital Stab – A very risky attack that is weak overall but the very beginning of the move has incredible launch power. The slash also has higher vertical travel, though you can't perform the fall down or air dash.

Up Super: Crystal Spinner – A spiral-shaped crystal envelops Levi, can be pressed three times to deal damage and lift yourself higher, it breaks when you land onto solid ground, returning you to normal.

Down Special: Counter– A standard counter-attack, strike a defensive pose and when you get attacked you instead reflect the attack back at increased power. Sends foes in an upward angle.

Down Hyper: Frostshine – The counter now has a snowflake-shaped crystal enveloping it, the counter lasts a shorter duration but the counter deals more damage and knockback.

Down Super: Flash Frozen – A risky counter used for the most well-read attacks, if the opponents gets hit they will be frozen and launched a great distance backwards.

Wynnie Rework
Role: Spacer/Bruiser

Gimmick: Gripper - The head of Wynnie's large axe, Volcanox, deals very good damage and knockback, but everywhere else is very weak.

Neutral Attack: Firestarter – A downwards slash from Wynnie's axe, the force of which sends opponents backwards.

Forward Tilt: Char Chop– A sideways chopping attack with some force, the middle of the attack deals the most damage.

Up Tilt: Eruption – A slow powerful slash that leaves burns the ground with magmatic energy, a powerful spiking option and read.

Back Tilt: Sun Cutter – A diagonal slash backwards that hits the ground, also a good spiking option that is safer but harder to aim.

Down Tilt: Trip Tip – Wynnie tries to trip the opponent with her axe, the base has the highest chance to trip the opponent.

Dash Attack: Buzzer Blade – A spinning saw attack that has Wynnie spinning frantically, quite laggy in the end as Wynnie gets a bit dizzy afterwards, but powerful.

Side Charge: Flare Cutter – Wynnie charges her arms to perform a reckless twin spin attack, the spinning motion sends her a bit forward.

Up Charge: Heavy Nova – Wynnie swings her axe, it has some weight with some high start-up as Wynnie struggles to lift her axe into an arch, turns out having a giant battle axe doesn't make you all that agile.

Down Charge: Fissure – Wynnie's powerful axe slash sends a shockwave made of fire forward.

Neutral Air: Red Crest – A slower double spin in the air, the center dealing more damage and knockback.

Forward Air – Ash Blazer – Her quickest aerial, where Wynnie quickly slashes forward, good to set up into combos.

Back Air – Crimson Motion – A strong reckless kick from behind, which causes Wynnie to jut her axe forwards for a weaker hit in front.

Up Air – Solar Eclipse – An upwards bash used for juggling opponents, with some fiery energy trailing the bash.

Down Air – Lunar Eclipse - Winding up for a powerful slam, Wynnie crashed forward with a deadly spike attack.

Neutral Special: Scalding Spinner – Wynnie spins herself into a tornado, quickly dashing across the ground, she is invincible during this attack but the end-lag makes it not an attack to spam.

Neutral Hyper: Burning Trail –The attack is stronger yes, but it also leaves behind a fire trail that acts as a lingering hazard.

Neutral Super: Burning Dragoon– Wynnie rockets forward, leaving behind a fire trail, this can be used as an air dash.

Forward Special: Corona Cutter – Wynnie jumps over projectiles as she leaps forward for a powerful slashing attack before crashing down.

Forward Hyper: Volcano Cutter – The cut this attack performs is much more pronounced, and Wynnie leaps in a larger arch forward.

Forward Super: Rupturing Spire – Wynnie summons a lava pillar upwards to launch foes upwards, the pillar also has a diagonal angle if you press down after using the attack

Up Special: Volcanox– A slash upwards that is followed by a fast dropkick forwards or diagonally downwards.

Up Hyper: Volcanic Volley – An upwards slash that is also a command grab, the force of the slash catches the foe for Wynnie to sends downwards in a dangerous spike.

Up Super: Magma Shredder – A twister-like attack that can be directed by pressing different directions, a solid recovery option.

Down Special: Counter– A standard counter-attack, strike a defensive pose and when you get attacked you instead reflect the attack back at increased power. Sends foes in a horizontal angle.

Down Hyper: Burnshine – The counter now has a flaming crystal enveloping it, the counter lasts a shorter duration but the counter deals more damage and knockback.

Down Super: Inferno – A risky counter used for the most well-read attacks, if the opponents gets hit they will be set ablaze, dealing constant damage and disabling the use of shields.

For these reworks, while not true clones, I gave some attacks compare and contrasts to focus on how despite looking different, they are the same subspecies. I imagine the supers has the two transform into a Leviathan or Wyvern respectively to perform their attacks. Also of all the movesets, these two seem to be the most simplest to make a moveset out of, so maybe focus on them, how do you like it Kirbeh Kirbeh ?
Of course I have to rework these movesets again to fit the format I made for the other moveset reworks.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My brother currently has the flu, so he isn't in tip top shape to work on the game yet. But he seems interested, currently I am just trying to get the stupid movement right, to show others I am serious, which I am but I feel like I need physical proof to show, and sometimes that ONE issue just bugs me.

As of right now deciding between Levi, Wynnie, and Aremi as my first designed character, the former two have the most basic kit, while Aremi is a more generalist, may do the former two.
I know you said you wanted Levi to be the first character, but I honestly feel like Aremi makes more sense to do first. She's pretty much an all-rounder and isn't too complex. Which Levi isn't either, but the addition of the sword and tail does add more animation work. That and we've simply made more progress on Aremi's concept with the back and forth between us. She was the first character to get conceptualized, so that's not too surprising.

After her Levi, then Wynnie makes sense as numbers two and three imo. After that Ahab or Weevle. And after that it's up in the air, I guess.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I know you said you wanted Levi to be the first character, but I honestly feel like Aremi makes more sense to do first. She's pretty much an all-rounder and isn't too complex. Which Levi isn't either, but the addition of the sword and tail does add more animation work. That and we've simply made more progress on Aremi's concept with the back and forth between us. She was the first character to get conceptualized, so that's not too surprising.

After her Levi, then Wynnie makes sense as numbers two and three imo. After that Ahab or Weevle. And after that it's up in the air, I guess.
In that case, are there any big critiques you want to give to Aremi's moveset currently on the OP before we move on to making her a reality?

It should be noted the fire effect used by LAMBDA and Wynnie is separate from the fire used by Aremi, since Aremi's purple fire is wispy and darker than LAMBDA and Wynnie's traditional fire... so to speak considering one is a robot dragon death machine and one is a dragon knight with a molten fire battleaxe. Internally Aremi's fire is listed under the "arcane" effect, while the other fire is just called the "fire" effect.

Overall making a character might just well help me figure out what's wrong with the physics, since I can actually see more clearly with having actual sprites.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
In that case, are there any big critiques you want to give to Aremi's moveset currently on the OP before we move on to making her a reality?

It should be noted the fire effect used by LAMBDA and Wynnie is separate from the fire used by Aremi, since Aremi's purple fire is wispy and darker than LAMBDA and Wynnie's traditional fire... so to speak considering one is a robot dragon death machine and one is a dragon knight with a molten fire battleaxe. Internally Aremi's fire is listed under the "arcane" effect, while the other fire is just called the "fire" effect.

Overall making a character might just well help me figure out what's wrong with the physics, since I can actually see more clearly with having actual sprites.
Her OP bio is the most up to date one, right? If so, I'll comb over it again and do one more write up. We'll see where we go from there.

As for the fire stuff, I was well aware already. Not sure what the mention was meant more.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Her OP bio is the most up to date one, right? If so, I'll comb over it again and do one more write up. We'll see where we go from there.

As for the fire stuff, I was well aware already. Not sure what the mention was meant more.
Yeah as far as I know, her OP bio is most accurate to the vision of the character, the only attacks i'm a bit iffy about are Seed Shot (Nuetral Special) since I feel the attack is a bit undercooked. Maybe instead of the charge version shooting just a bigger seed it shoots an explosive pod that is slower and shorter ranged than the standard seeds but it is very pungest, stunning foes. Or you could just cut the charge function and just have her spam Fox Lasers essentially. The other attack im iffy on is the Side Hyper, Pumpkin Patch, personally I think we can reuse the move idea where Aremi chucks her own head to recover and instead move it to the Side Hyper. It fits as a bigger Pumpkin Bomb, the aiming mechanic will be easier to perform since its the same as the standard Pyro Pumpkin, plus you can do stuff like string a Pyro Dance into a Pumpkin Patch/Headsplitter, something to think about.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I did forget to add one thing though, the most important thing, TAUNTS

Up Taunt -
Aremi spins her head on her finger like a basketball, before stopping on a random face, usually a very smug one.

Left Taunt -
Aremi strikes a confident pose, yelling BOOM before tripping up from a random explosion behind her, the explosion can even push opponents away, so theoretically this can be a get off me option.

Right Taunt -
Aremi tries to light a flame from her fingertip before realizing her coat is on fire, and she tries to pat it off.

Down Taunt -
It's like that Falco taunt where Falco kicks his Reflector saying piece of cake, though its Aremi kicking her own head instead saying easy as pie.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Chell Rework Time
Name - Chell
Gender - Female
Species - Viprex
Origin - Chell is the often perky, somewhat snarky, though legally dubious, top game hunter of her home planet of Viprin. To the outside people call her and her people poachers, but to Chell personally, she sees herself more as animal trapped. Viprin gets its named from their native species, the Viprex, snake-like beings whose culture used to consist of hunting other animals indiscriminately for sport before shifting to more general game hunting and animal preservation, the varied but harsh terrain make Viprin a unique site among the galaxy and a popular tourist spot due to the planet's unique wildlife. Chell is considered the best game hunter on her planet; however, however her... excessive methods have caused controversy, regardless of whether she gets results. Her skills are so superb that some definitely not-shady businesses want to hire her to kill some... annoying pests.

Appearance - She is quite a tall figure, in terms of sheer height she is the second tallest among the cast, just under LAMBDA. Her attire matches up with the attire of an Australian stockman, equivalent to American cowboys. She is clad in muddy colors, red, olive, and dark orange, featuring elements that match-up with her profession as a dubiously legal bounty hunter, such as a scratched cowboy hat, a scared arm, and teeth of various galactic critters around her neck. She wears a long red scarf to cover her neck, which covers several patterned frills. Her face is humanoid with vaguely reptilian features, having normally palish-gray scales with darker scales along her brow, alongside golden yellow eyes, similar in color scheme to an India Taipan. She also has the forked tongue and pronounced frontal fangs of a viper. Her boots are made out of heavy leather trimmed with metal to give her better traction at the cost of slow walking speed. One of these trimmings resemble to toe found on the back of a raptor's foot, giving her great traction. The other metal trimmings are sharp as a knife and can retract to perform deadly sneak attacks. She also has a knife, which she uses for close quarters combat. Finally on her back is a large rifle, resembling a mix of a shotgun, crossbow, and rifle, that she loads with various colored bullets in her hand.

Archetype - Bruiser/Mixup
Gimmick - None
Intended Strengths -

• Chell's many pieces of weaponry can bring a variety of different mix-ups towards the opponent, making her a tricky foe to analyze.
  • Being the second-heaviest member of the cast, Chell has excellent survivability, which is all tied together thanks to a good recovery in Bullet Jump.
  • Chell has some of the more reliable spiking attacks in the game, making her good at sniping recoveries.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Chell has the worst air mobility and ground speed of the cast, so despite having good aerial options, Chell lacks the movement speed to fully use those options.
  • Some of her biggest attacks have high end-lag, meaning she can become a sitting duck if used impropperly.
  • Chell has a high skill ceiling, meaning she can be quite tricky to master.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
D+
Running Speed - B-
Traction - A+
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - D+
Fall Speed - B
Weight - A+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Hunting Knife -
Using a hooked knife, Chell slashes forward in a 3-part slash. At the end of this attack string Chell kicks the opponent backwards with her heavy boot. In terms of sheer power, Chell has one of the better jabs in the game.
Forward Tilt - Roundhouse Kick - Chell winds up her leg to perform... a roundhouse kick, while a bit on the slow side it is a strong kill move.
  • Forward Tilt (Upper Diagonal Input) - Axe Chop - The animation starts like a roundhouse kick, but Chell changes the timing to instead perform a quicker but weaker upwards kick, a good mixup tool and combo starter.
Up Tilt - Predator Fist - Chell crouches downward, dodging any projectiles set to hit her head, then performs an uppercut. The odd timing makes it tricky to land, so its best used as a pseudo-counter against projectile users as you can low profile those attacks.
Down Tilt - Bladed Boot - Chell cuts the opponent with a sharpened blade on one of her boots, the heel of the attack launches the foe upwards, but the front of the boot is able to trip opponents.
Back Tilt - Backshot - Chell turns her shotgun backwards to perform a blast from behind, a good counterattack against attacks from behind.
Dash Attack - Earth Bash - A strong shoulder bash; the tip of her shoulder is the strongest part of the move.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Blank Shot -
Chell shoots out a blank shell... which is basically a close range explosive meaning it can still damage someone at point-blank range.
Up Charge - Arching Motar - Aiming her shotgun diagonally upwards, Chell shoots a heavy bullet in a wide arch, rather than increasing the damage charging the attack will increase the force of the bullet and therefore makes it travel farther.
Down Charge - Holster Swing - Chell swings the hilt of her shotgun like a golf club, the force of the swing can reflect projectiles,

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Twin Copter Kick -
A pair of kicks, one after another, are peformed forward in the air, each kick deal medium damage so trying to link them for maximum damage it a must.
Forward Air - Air Bash - A shoulder bash in the air, the force Chell puts into this attack makes it one of the strongest Forward Airs in the game, though of course with no ground to support her there is a long recovery time.
Up Air - Slanted Shot - A diagonally upwards angled shot, the force of which sends Chell the opposite direction, notably you can't just attack from behind since the force from being sent back sends opponents into a weak spike.
Down Air - Killing Stomp - A forceful, powerful stomp using all of Chell's strength and power to send opponents in a near fatal spike towards the ground.
Back Air - Meat Cleaver - Taking her knife, Chell swings backwards with a downward strike; the tip of the knife can spike opponents downwards.

Grabs:
Pummel - Knee Jab -
A strike from the knee, among the slowest and strongest pummels in the game.
Forward Throw - Burst Shot - A fiery explosion gets shot out of Chell's gun, launching foes forward.
Down Throw - Drilling Bullet - Chell aims diagonally downward and drills the opponent with her shotgun, burying them.
Back Throw - Toxic Stabber - Chell takes the opponent, stabs a poison-soaked knife into them, then tosses them backwards, which a weak throw the continuous damage over time effect from the poison makes it quite dangerous for mixups.
Up Throw - Sharp Uppercut - A powerful uppercut gets thrusted upwards, the blades of which add some force to the attack.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Twin Bullets -
Chell charges a pair of bullets at once, the charge goes up 3 colors, yellow, blue, and red, in that order. Shooting the bullets in the yellow state is the weakest state, however they are still a decently quick projectile that is very powerful if hit in close range. The blue state deal the most knockback of the three states though are the weakest in power due to the charge burning off most of the shell. However the red state impales the opponent and stuns them dead cold onto the ground, or spikes them if they are in the air. While a flexible attack, the longer you charge it the more recoil Chell will take, meaning she takes more time to reload, leaving her vulnerable.
  • Neutral Hyper - Fanged Bullets - Chell shoots green poison-coated bullets, charge the shot to increase the length of the poison's effect. In terms of power it is weaker than the yellow bullets, but stronger than the blue bullets.
Side Special - Chain Shot - A command grab where Chell shoots out an anchor, linked by a metal chain, forward. When the anchor stabs the opponent she can either perform a powerful uppercut upwards, or she can crash them down towards the ground, tripping them in the process. She can also use this attack to grab the walls of stages, letting her recover.
  • Side Hyper - Crackshot - Chell rushes forward, her shotgun spinning like a drill, if it connects then Chell is able to perform a command grab where she shoots the opponent diagonally upwards, a very strong and potentially fatal kill throw.
Down Special - Cobra Strike - Chell slowly reels back, taking in any damage taken in her way due to super armor, before she performs a sudden sideways strike with her dagger, while not a true counter, the attack does get a boost to its damage and knockback if Chell gets attacked first. Remember that the armor only works on first attack, meaning any further attack will knock her down.
  • Down Hyper - Venom Shield - Chell flips her cape forward, charged with violet venom, any attacks directed from the front will be reflected back and the opponent will be afflicted with poison.
Up Special - Viper Jump - Chell shoots her shotgun downwards, boosting her in the air, then she performs a powerful dropkick downwards. A simple recovery, but due to the kick gaining armor, it is also a very effective one.
  • Up Hyper - Viper Boost - Chell performs two consecutive shots to boost her upwards, then she performs a dropkick. The second shot can be aimed left or right, making this a more accurate recovery.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Cobra Eyes -
Chell performs a cold stare, eyes turning gold, paralyzing the opponent. The eyes disorient the target, making their left and right controls swapped, making up for the attacks very short range.
Level 2 - Silver Mine -
Chell shoots a explosive mine that sticks onto the opponent, which then explodes in an angle that matches up with Chell's current direction. Good for setting up combos and follow-ups.
Level 3 - Black Venom - Chell uses her deadliest bullet, used only under the most grave situations, she shoots a jet black bullet filled with the venom of the Viprex Deathmonger, the most venomous creature in the galaxy. The venom can be withstood by someone with high resiliance, but if the opponent has over 150 percent damage, it is a one-hit-ko, the sole one-hit-ko in the game. Used only for the most evasive fighters.

Okay may have been a bit too overboard with this kit, especially with the Level 3 Hypermax just killing you, but I think this rework made Chell a more fleshed out character. No longer is she Ganondorf with projectiles, now she is Ganondorf with Scopion's chain grab, Ryu's Focus Attack that transforms into Sephiroth's counter, among a bunch of other stuff. I also made her not just use her gun, but also other weapons like a spiked boot and a sharp knife. Her design was also slightly tweeked, now losing the long neck in exchange for frills and more metal trimmings on her boots. How does this rework look Kirbeh Kirbeh ?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Chell Rework Time
Name - Chell
Gender - Female
Species - Viprex
Origin - Chell is the often perky, somewhat snarky, though legally dubious, top game hunter of her home planet of Viprin. To the outside people call her and her people poachers, but to Chell personally, she sees herself more as animal trapped. Viprin gets its named from their native species, the Viprex, snake-like beings whose culture used to consist of hunting other animals indiscriminately for sport before shifting to more general game hunting and animal preservation, the varied but harsh terrain make Viprin a unique site among the galaxy and a popular tourist spot due to the planet's unique wildlife. Chell is considered the best game hunter on her planet; however, however her... excessive methods have caused controversy, regardless of whether she gets results. Her skills are so superb that some definitely not-shady businesses want to hire her to kill some... annoying pests.

Appearance - She is quite a tall figure, in terms of sheer height she is the second tallest among the cast, just under LAMBDA. Her attire matches up with the attire of an Australian stockman, equivalent to American cowboys. She is clad in muddy colors, red, olive, and dark orange, featuring elements that match-up with her profession as a dubiously legal bounty hunter, such as a scratched cowboy hat, a scared arm, and teeth of various galactic critters around her neck. She wears a long red scarf to cover her neck, which covers several patterned frills. Her face is humanoid with vaguely reptilian features, having normally palish-gray scales with darker scales along her brow, alongside golden yellow eyes, similar in color scheme to an India Taipan. She also has the forked tongue and pronounced frontal fangs of a viper. Her boots are made out of heavy leather trimmed with metal to give her better traction at the cost of slow walking speed. One of these trimmings resemble to toe found on the back of a raptor's foot, giving her great traction. The other metal trimmings are sharp as a knife and can retract to perform deadly sneak attacks. She also has a knife, which she uses for close quarters combat. Finally on her back is a large rifle, resembling a mix of a shotgun, crossbow, and rifle, that she loads with various colored bullets in her hand.

Archetype - Bruiser/Mixup
Gimmick - None
Intended Strengths -

• Chell's many pieces of weaponry can bring a variety of different mix-ups towards the opponent, making her a tricky foe to analyze.
  • Being the second-heaviest member of the cast, Chell has excellent survivability, which is all tied together thanks to a good recovery in Bullet Jump.
  • Chell has some of the more reliable spiking attacks in the game, making her good at sniping recoveries.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Chell has the worst air mobility and ground speed of the cast, so despite having good aerial options, Chell lacks the movement speed to fully use those options.
  • Some of her biggest attacks have high end-lag, meaning she can become a sitting duck if used impropperly.
  • Chell has a high skill ceiling, meaning she can be quite tricky to master.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
D+
Running Speed - B-
Traction - A+
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - D+
Fall Speed - B
Weight - A+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Hunting Knife -
Using a hooked knife, Chell slashes forward in a 3-part slash. At the end of this attack string Chell kicks the opponent backwards with her heavy boot. In terms of sheer power, Chell has one of the better jabs in the game.
Forward Tilt - Roundhouse Kick - Chell winds up her leg to perform... a roundhouse kick, while a bit on the slow side it is a strong kill move.
  • Forward Tilt (Upper Diagonal Input) - Axe Chop - The animation starts like a roundhouse kick, but Chell changes the timing to instead perform a quicker but weaker upwards kick, a good mixup tool and combo starter.
Up Tilt - Predator Fist - Chell crouches downward, dodging any projectiles set to hit her head, then performs an uppercut. The odd timing makes it tricky to land, so its best used as a pseudo-counter against projectile users as you can low profile those attacks.
Down Tilt - Bladed Boot - Chell cuts the opponent with a sharpened blade on one of her boots, the heel of the attack launches the foe upwards, but the front of the boot is able to trip opponents.
Back Tilt - Backshot - Chell turns her shotgun backwards to perform a blast from behind, a good counterattack against attacks from behind.
Dash Attack - Earth Bash - A strong shoulder bash; the tip of her shoulder is the strongest part of the move.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Blank Shot -
Chell shoots out a blank shell... which is basically a close range explosive meaning it can still damage someone at point-blank range.
Up Charge - Arching Motar - Aiming her shotgun diagonally upwards, Chell shoots a heavy bullet in a wide arch, rather than increasing the damage charging the attack will increase the force of the bullet and therefore makes it travel farther.
Down Charge - Holster Swing - Chell swings the hilt of her shotgun like a golf club, the force of the swing can reflect projectiles,

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Twin Copter Kick -
A pair of kicks, one after another, are peformed forward in the air, each kick deal medium damage so trying to link them for maximum damage it a must.
Forward Air - Air Bash - A shoulder bash in the air, the force Chell puts into this attack makes it one of the strongest Forward Airs in the game, though of course with no ground to support her there is a long recovery time.
Up Air - Slanted Shot - A diagonally upwards angled shot, the force of which sends Chell the opposite direction, notably you can't just attack from behind since the force from being sent back sends opponents into a weak spike.
Down Air - Killing Stomp - A forceful, powerful stomp using all of Chell's strength and power to send opponents in a near fatal spike towards the ground.
Back Air - Meat Cleaver - Taking her knife, Chell swings backwards with a downward strike; the tip of the knife can spike opponents downwards.

Grabs:
Pummel - Knee Jab -
A strike from the knee, among the slowest and strongest pummels in the game.
Forward Throw - Burst Shot - A fiery explosion gets shot out of Chell's gun, launching foes forward.
Down Throw - Drilling Bullet - Chell aims diagonally downward and drills the opponent with her shotgun, burying them.
Back Throw - Toxic Stabber - Chell takes the opponent, stabs a poison-soaked knife into them, then tosses them backwards, which a weak throw the continuous damage over time effect from the poison makes it quite dangerous for mixups.
Up Throw - Sharp Uppercut - A powerful uppercut gets thrusted upwards, the blades of which add some force to the attack.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Twin Bullets -
Chell charges a pair of bullets at once, the charge goes up 3 colors, yellow, blue, and red, in that order. Shooting the bullets in the yellow state is the weakest state, however they are still a decently quick projectile that is very powerful if hit in close range. The blue state deal the most knockback of the three states though are the weakest in power due to the charge burning off most of the shell. However the red state impales the opponent and stuns them dead cold onto the ground, or spikes them if they are in the air. While a flexible attack, the longer you charge it the more recoil Chell will take, meaning she takes more time to reload, leaving her vulnerable.
  • Neutral Hyper - Fanged Bullets - Chell shoots green poison-coated bullets, charge the shot to increase the length of the poison's effect. In terms of power it is weaker than the yellow bullets, but stronger than the blue bullets.
Side Special - Chain Shot - A command grab where Chell shoots out an anchor, linked by a metal chain, forward. When the anchor stabs the opponent she can either perform a powerful uppercut upwards, or she can crash them down towards the ground, tripping them in the process. She can also use this attack to grab the walls of stages, letting her recover.
  • Side Hyper - Crackshot - Chell rushes forward, her shotgun spinning like a drill, if it connects then Chell is able to perform a command grab where she shoots the opponent diagonally upwards, a very strong and potentially fatal kill throw.
Down Special - Cobra Strike - Chell slowly reels back, taking in any damage taken in her way due to super armor, before she performs a sudden sideways strike with her dagger, while not a true counter, the attack does get a boost to its damage and knockback if Chell gets attacked first. Remember that the armor only works on first attack, meaning any further attack will knock her down.
  • Down Hyper - Venom Shield - Chell flips her cape forward, charged with violet venom, any attacks directed from the front will be reflected back and the opponent will be afflicted with poison.
Up Special - Viper Jump - Chell shoots her shotgun downwards, boosting her in the air, then she performs a powerful dropkick downwards. A simple recovery, but due to the kick gaining armor, it is also a very effective one.
  • Up Hyper - Viper Boost - Chell performs two consecutive shots to boost her upwards, then she performs a dropkick. The second shot can be aimed left or right, making this a more accurate recovery.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Cobra Eyes -
Chell performs a cold stare, eyes turning gold, paralyzing the opponent. The eyes disorient the target, making their left and right controls swapped, making up for the attacks very short range.
Level 2 - Silver Mine -
Chell shoots a explosive mine that sticks onto the opponent, which then explodes in an angle that matches up with Chell's current direction. Good for setting up combos and follow-ups.
Level 3 - Black Venom - Chell uses her deadliest bullet, used only under the most grave situations, she shoots a jet black bullet filled with the venom of the Viprex Deathmonger, the most venomous creature in the galaxy. The venom can be withstood by someone with high resiliance, but if the opponent has over 150 percent damage, it is a one-hit-ko, the sole one-hit-ko in the game. Used only for the most evasive fighters.

Okay may have been a bit too overboard with this kit, especially with the Level 3 Hypermax just killing you, but I think this rework made Chell a more fleshed out character. No longer is she Ganondorf with projectiles, now she is Ganondorf with Scopion's chain grab, Ryu's Focus Attack that transforms into Sephiroth's counter, among a bunch of other stuff. I also made her not just use her gun, but also other weapons like a spiked boot and a sharp knife. Her design was also slightly tweeked, now losing the long neck in exchange for frills and more metal trimmings on her boots. How does this rework look Kirbeh Kirbeh ?
Just a quick note for now. If you still intend to use my pig character, Erycles, the chain command grab was kinda his signature move/main gimmick. Otherwise, I think there are cool ideas here, though I do have some suggestions I'll detail later. Before making the write up though, I do want to confirm if you intend to go forward with the snake inspired design. The appearance bio was left untouched, so I just want to make sure that's still the direction you're going with her. I want to make sure I take that into account when doing the rework/suggestion write up.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Just a quick note for now. If you still intend on using my pig character, Erycles, the chain command grab was kinda his signature move/main gimmick. Otherwise, I think there are cool ideas here, though I do have some suggestions I'll detail later. Before making the write up though, I do want to confirm if you intend to go forward with the snake inspired design. The appearance bio was left untouched, so I just want to make sure that's still the direction you're going with her. I want to make sure I take that into account when doing the rework/suggestion write up.
I didn't know Erycles had a chain command grab, I was inspired by Scorpion's chain grab when designing this kit. There is also heavy inspiration from Ganondorf with some of the attacks such as the Nair and Dair. I wonder if there is a way both can have chain related moves while being different. Maybe Erycles' kit can be all about the chain like Simon/Richter. I just think she is just a cool idea for a female heavyweight, though I don't know if she should be the 2nd or 3rd heaviest since Ahab is also in the top 3 heaviest characters.

I actually did make a few small changes in the appearance bio, minor ones mainly but there are differences between the old and new one, mainly the cut of the long snake neck for some frills and a more obvert cobra inspiration.

Also I appreciate you being my trusted partner, I have been really having trust issues ever since the whole Dr.Cephalo fiasco, I have been having issues opening up and getting help from other people and you really seem like the trust worthy guy/gal (whoever you are) I need at this moment.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I didn't know Erycles had a chain command grab, I was inspired by Scorpion's chain grab when designing this kit. There is also heavy inspiration from Ganondorf with some of the attacks such as the Nair and Dair. I wonder if there is a way both can have chain related moves while being different. Maybe Erycles' kit can be all about the chain like Simon/Richter. I just think she is just a cool idea for a female heavyweight, though I don't know if she should be the 2nd or 3rd heaviest since Ahab is also in the top 3 heaviest characters.

I actually did make a few small changes in the appearance bio, minor ones mainly but there are differences between the old and new one, mainly the cut of the long snake neck for some frills and a more obvert cobra inspiration.

Also I appreciate you being my trusted partner, I have been really having trust issues ever since the whole Dr.Cephalo fiasco, I have been having issues opening up and getting help from other people and you really seem like the trust worthy guy/gal (whoever you are) I need at this moment.
Back on page 5 when I first posted about him, I included basic descriptions and a handful of doodles for his specials. He does wield his hook/chain constantly rather than just during one special though, so it's a core part of his move set/fighting style.

Ah, I did miss the frills part. I saw neck and assumed it was same. If that's the case though, why shorten the neck? And why frills over a cobra's hood? Plus, the frills seem like an unnecessary detail if the player is never going to see them. If you want to include some reference to frilled lizards, I think it'd be better to incorporate that design into her costume. The scarf would otherwise cover them, so instead of putting them on her, you could have her coat's collar take on the shape of neck frills instead.

I- have no idea who Dr. Cephalo is or what the context behind them is. But glad I could be of help in some way. Take things one at a time and I hope you can sort those issues out soon.

Here's one of my own character concepts.

Name: Erycles - Derived from a combination of the name Heracles and his fourth trial of legend, the Erymanthian Boar.

Species: Sus Scrofaha - Derived from sus scrofa, the wild boar, and the Sanskrit varaha also meaning boar, but also being an avatar of Vishnu in Hindu mythology.

Playstyle: Mid-to-long range bruiser/pseudo zoner

Character Inspiration: Dhalsim, Birdie Street Fighter, Earthquake Samurai Showdown, Bowser Super Mario/Super Smash Bros., Ganon The Legend of Zelda, Roadhog Overwatch, Scorpion Mortal Kombat

Bio
Erycles works as a delivery man, using his transport ship to deliver all sorts of goods across the galaxy to just about anywhere- for the right price. While he tries to keep his hands clean, he does on occasion take jobs from more "risky" clients, and in the past was also known to be a wanted man. Formerly a hired gun, running with several different outfits before deciding to retire from such business.

He's no saint and has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but at heart he's a good man.

With his past seemingly behind him and largely unknown to the community he now calls home, he's become a well-liked figure of the small port town on Vaharus. However, trouble brews when some of the locals, a group of teens/young adults seeking riches and adventure, recklessly head out to seek out the Double Sigma for themselves.

Worried for their safety and at the behest of his community, Erycles heads out after them, hoping to drag them back home before they can reach their destination or encounter any other dangers along the way.

Move List
Normals - WIP, I'll add descriptions and sketches over time. I know what the moves are in my head, so far now I'm only including move names, so I remember when I come back to this.

Jab Combo

Forward Tilt - Backhand Knuckle

Up Tilt - Tough Tusk

Down Tilt - Grazing Chain

Dash Attack - Shoulder Crash

Burst Attacks - WIP

Forward Burst - Pig-Headed

Up Burst - Arcing Chain

Down Burst - Round Trip Chain

Aerials - WIP

Neutral Air - Big Body Splash

Forward Air - Hook Slasher

Back Air - Backhand Swing

Up Air - Rattler

Down Air - Swinging Hook

Throws - WIP

Specials

Neutral Special: Spitroast

A short-ranged fire-breathing attack. The angle can be adjusted by tilting the control stick.

Side Special: Meat Hook

A ranged attack where Erycles throws his hook forward. In addition to dealing damage, you can press the special button again to "hook" the opponent and drag them towards Erycles.

The angle can also be adjusted by tilting the stick diagonally upward or downward. The low version will travel along the ground and drop off of stage ledges and platforms. The high version can be used to ground opponents jumping towards Erycles.

Can also be used as a tether for recovery.

Up Special: Grappling Hook

Similar to Meat Hook, Erycles will throw out his hook, but aim it much higher. Off stage, this can be used to recover. On stage, it becomes a command grab where he grapples the opponent, pulling them from out of the air and then slamming them down into the ground.

Down Special: Boar's Head/Haunch Crash

When grounded, Erycles will charge forward a short distance, delivering a strong headbutt. In the air, this becomes a stall and fall move where he drops quickly with a ground pound style move.

Hypermax Moves - WIP

Concept Sketch

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Back on page 5 when I first posted about him, I included basic descriptions and a handful of doodles for his specials. He does wield his hook/chain constantly rather than just during one special though, so it's a core part of his move set/fighting style.

Ah, I did miss the frills part. I saw neck and assumed it was same. If that's the case though, why shorten the neck? And why frills over a cobra's hood? Plus, the frills seem like an unnecessary detail if the player is never going to see them. If you want to include some reference to frilled lizards, I think it'd be better to incorporate that design into her costume. The scarf would otherwise cover them, so instead of putting them on her, you could have her coat's collar take on the shape of neck frills instead.

I- have no idea who Dr. Cephalo is or what the context behind them is. But glad I could be help. Take things one at a time and I hope you can sort those issues out soon.
Dr. Cephalo was a youtuber who covered Yokai Watch and was also a Smashboards regular, I talked to him a lot and he even helped me on making my original game idea, an RPG. But then he turned out to be a... um... notorious goober, if you know what I mean you know what I mean, so he was banned and I tried getting away from making an RPG, hence why this game is a platfighter now. Aremi was originally going to be a character in a monster capturing game with an emphasis on comedy horror, and Aremi originally had a theme related to insomnia and putting people to sleep. So after that whole debacle I am glad Aremi is completely different from the original plague doctor aesthetic. Also, it doesn't help that the OTHER inspiration for Aremi, the Plauge Doctor from the SCP Foundation, was written by a pair of goobers as well, that turned me off from SCP Foundation for life. That as a whole was what led me to stray from the darker original idea and made the game have a more campy less serious tone.

Sorry for the tangent on that, ANYWAYS in regards to Chell. I still want a snake aesthetic to her with going all in, maybe she can mix that with an aesthetic related to predatory reptiles as a whole, like maybe some Komodo Dragon and Burmese Python inspiration as well since she is quite large and imposing, being comparable to Ganondorf in terms of imposing size, if slightly bigger and taller, though with a more feminine build of course.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Far as I'm aware the term goober just refers to someone foolish or naive. I'm assuming the way you're using it is some form of slang I'm unfamiliar with but I won't pry on the matter.

As for Chell, I'm going to go ahead with the design I already had and try to do a bit of refining on it. Then l'll post it alongside a move set write up and get you're input on it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Far as I'm aware the term goober just refers to someone foolish or naive. I'm assuming the way you're using it is some form of slang I'm unfamiliar with but I won't pry on the matter.

As for Chell, I'm going to go ahead with the design I already had and try to do a bit of refining on it. Then l'll post it alongside a move set write up and get you're input on it.
add the r after the g and replace the b with an m in the word goober, now do you get it, I just don't know if its against the rules to say the word directly.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ok, I get the picture now. Sorry you had to deal with someone like that.
Yeeeaaaah, anyway, yeah, Dr.Cephalo is banned now and out of my life, and your literally the first person I teamed up with after the whole debacle, so I'm glad for that.

Top Bottom