• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sick of Upairs having priority over Downairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Even with heavyset characters like dedede if, im launched upwards and i time my down-air right , my opponents upsmash still gets me and its bull****. When your launched the game ****in tries to make you useless. Sometimes the downair doesnt even register it seems and the upair attack only.

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Then stop trying to win a trade you know you wont win over and over and adapt. If you know you dont win trades against up air/smashes dont try, instead of spamming down air when you get launched just DI down normally or use it to get back on stage but NOT as an attack

TeamChevy86

Smash Rookie
^ what he said.
I play mostly heavyweights as well and feel your pain. Heavies are a giant target in the air. Some attacks take priority over others, so you have to play unpredictability. If you know he's going to up-smash, try fast fall and air Dodge and try to punish during his recovery.

Crosser

Smash Rookie
Even with heavyset characters like dedede if, im launched upwards and i time my down-air right , my opponents upsmash still gets me and its bull****. When your launched the game ****in tries to make you useless. Sometimes the downair doesnt even register it seems and the upair attack only.
I agree, heavys are already combo food on the ground. They should have some priority when hurling their entire body at an enemy. Like a proper fighting game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
^ what he said.
I play mostly heavyweights as well and feel your pain. Heavies are a giant target in the air. Some attacks take priority over others, so you have to play unpredictability. If you know he's going to up-smash, try fast fall and air Dodge and try to punish during his recovery.
I play as Ness, and his Dair is pretty sluggish... meep. At least K. Rool has his Nair.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i would say it depends on the character really..characters like Peach/Daisy, Toon Link/Link/Young Link and Corrin have a good D-air and are a guaranteed hit if the opponent does not use shield nor dodges, there are more characters with a good D-air but these were the first i could come up with right away xD

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Obvious bait attempt by mods to permaban me. Thought rant threads wasnt allowed huh? What made you go back and approve this old thread to be posted. I would say more about you two but i dont want to hurt your feelings and give you the satisfaction of an infraction.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obvious bait attempt by mods to permaban me. Thought rant threads wasnt allowed huh? What made you go back and approve this old thread to be posted. I would say more about you two but i dont want to hurt your feelings and give you the satisfaction of an infraction.
Dude, what are you even talking about?

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Two mods are screwing with me, my account just got unbanned yesterday and now all of a sudden a thread that was removed because its considered a rant is reopened. Isnt this a rant thread?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm pretty sure he's flaming everyone here, but doing so in a passive-aggressive way to try to dodge the wrath of the moderators.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is being temporarily locked while being looked into. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
After much discussion, this thread will remain locked. This is mainly due to the fact it got derailed a few posts in. In addition, please take your issues with the moderation to PM's itself or Forum Support. Thank you and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom