• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Tomorrow I will hold Xenoblade Chronicles X in my hands. Finally.
I went unspoilered...!
Huge spoiler:

You can create your own character!
:troll:

But in all seriousness, I am trying so hard to digitally pre-load my copy of Xenoblade and my download failed twice -_-
Usually downloads should just stop if the internet breaks off but mine got corrupted! Gaah!!

Hopefully it finishes downloading by tomorrow. Gonna start playing it as soon as I wake up (it will be morning for me).

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I've gone unspoiled on XCX for what? 7 months now? And I can't get the game till Christmas. If anyone...ANYONE SPOILS ANYTHING...I WILL FIND YOU!!!
Oh well...I'm getting a new laptop early so...tf2 and Minecraft will once again be in my life. It will also make me more inclined to post here more because posting here on a iPad kinda sucks. Also splatfest tomorrow so don't expect any posts from me for the next couple of days. (Go team pizza).
I ran into one of those rager people on fg a couple days ago. I played Shulk and beat him pretty badly. He then said something along the lines of "SPAMMUCH". Over the course of like 20 matches he did nothing but ness and spam side B. And miss 95% of the time. I had fun incereasing my win/loss ratio from 57.32% to 57.38.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I've done well in avoiding spoilers.

Confession: I'm actually not quite hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X at the moment. Like, I want to play it, but...I'm a bit burnt out in terms of playing a RPG. I'll pick it up tomorrow and maybe get my bro to help pay for some of the cost and gift wrap it for me for Christmas. I am helping him get his Fallout 4 controller after all.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I've gone unspoiled on XCX for what? 7 months now? And I can't get the game till Christmas. If anyone...ANYONE SPOILS ANYTHING...I WILL FIND YOU!!!
Oh well...I'm getting a new laptop early so...tf2 and Minecraft will once again be in my life. It will also make me more inclined to post here more because posting here on a iPad kinda sucks. Also splatfest tomorrow so don't expect any posts from me for the next couple of days. (Go team pizza).
I ran into one of those rager people on fg a couple days ago. I played Shulk and beat him pretty badly. He then said something along the lines of "SPAMMUCH". Over the course of like 20 matches he did nothing but ness and spam side B. And miss 95% of the time. I had fun incereasing my win/loss ratio from 57.32% to 57.38.
I know this feel... I can't get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D until Christmas, but I already know about Fiora, and I know who the final boss is... Curses!

Ah, so your FG rate isn't too terribly much higher than mine. I'm somewhere around 53%, but lag be like... And 3DS. -_-

Minecraft, eh? I only have the Android version. :p I go to Minetest for my PC needs.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I GOT IT! Even special edition (sadly only European version with steelbox)
Sweet jesus. Taking a smash training break for this loveable peace.

... but only starting after christmas. Have to finish Mario&Luigi Paper jam first...

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
My copy is on it's way to my house! Of course, I'm here at work. Ugh. Also I didn't do those downloads cause I never bought an external drive for my Wii U...hopefully the loading times aren't bad

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I hate my internet..... Got the error code again -_-

Guess I will only get to play it tomorrow or day after or something.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Got my copy and I'm loving it so far.
Sad that I couldn't get the special edition, but Canadian prices are insane.

I love that they added a sprint button :D

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Don't you just love teabaggers on For Glory? :p

At least the last two to do it to me suffered defeat for their arrogance. One was a Diddy who sideB'd his way into a Smash Art FSmash... And the other got caught by my Smash UTilt ledge covering option. Would that I could always pull of the reads instead of having low periods...

Every time I watch those Top 5 Smash Shorts by Omni, I really wish I had a Wii U. Too bad he wouldn't accept video from 3DS taken with a capture card. (A friend's friend has one.) It's tempting to enter his contest to get XCX for free, but I don't have the system to play it. _(x.x)_

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
So APPARENTLY my preordered Xenoblade is going to arrive on December 9th. I guess Walmart doesn't understand that the whole point of preordering is to get the game on the day it releases. But, that's what I get for preordering from Walmart I guess.

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
So APPARENTLY my preordered Xenoblade is going to arrive on December 9th. I guess Walmart doesn't understand that the whole point of preordering is to get the game on the day it releases. But, that's what I get for preordering from Walmart I guess.
I understand your frustration. I preordered Xenoblade from Gamestop expecting it to come in today, but it's coming in on Monday. So, my friends that didn't preorder it got it before I did. Sigh.... Oh well, at least I'll have the bonuses. And who knows, maybe the anticipation will make those first few minutes of the game so much better and more fun. :p

D

Deleted member

Oh hey! Long time no see, Shulks!

I got Xenoblade Chronicles: X and I have been playing it for hours. I loved the first game so much (and Shulk was my most wanted character for Smash 4) that I preordered this game in full months before the special edition was announced.

Personally, I think that the game improves what the original did in terms of gameplay. The guns add to the gameplay since you don't have to always go up close with melee attacks, which makes battles smoother and faster in my eyes. Since every enemy has appendages to destroy, you can strategize with them on the bigger enemies. I think the Skill system was changed for the better (I thought they were kinda convoluted in the first game with the Skill Trees). And there is a lot of customization in this game with the main character, outfits, and classes for your character. This game is also massive... I am still in the first area and I don't think I made any sort of major dent in my progress. I also like the smaller features like running.

Unfortunately, I am not the biggest fan of the silent protagonist. Shulk is one of my favorite characters and it's a shame we went from a relatable character to... well... a silent protagonist with amnesia. At least his voice actor is in the game. I still find the story to be engaging, however.
Also, it's a shame that Visions and Chain Attacks were removed. OK, Visions are understandable, but I wish Chain Attacks remained...

I also love the music and graphics so far... they are so damn good!

Overall... I am enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles: X. In terms of gameplay, it has massively improved in almost every way.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Huge spoiler:

You can create your own character!
:troll:

But in all seriousness, I am trying so hard to digitally pre-load my copy of Xenoblade and my download failed twice -_-
Usually downloads should just stop if the internet breaks off but mine got corrupted! Gaah!!

Hopefully it finishes downloading by tomorrow. Gonna start playing it as soon as I wake up (it will be morning for me).
That's my risky click for the day.

XCX dropped a day late in Australia, just picked the Limited Edition up. So hyped.

But...
mfw everyone is stuck on a whole different planet and I'm stuck on an updates/installations screen.

Approaching the 3 hour mark, this is taking its sweet time.

Edit: This is probably because I'm saving to an external hard drive. Learn from my mistakes...

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Got to the part where you meet Tatsu.
Why are nopons so cute?

Also, you can sprint and jump during combat.
Jumping into position to use an art is pretty satisfying.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Sprinting feels weird but jumping is so fun.

The Burst Affinity is a lot harder now.

D

Deleted member

Sprinting feels weird but jumping is so fun.

The Burst Affinity is a lot harder now.
It feels a lot more fun in the original as well... mostly for how awkward it was. :p
I like the jumping in this game and I find myself jumping quite often. :laugh:

Burst Affinity is hard to do in this game. Like... I need to anticipate it happening all the time or else I'll miss it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Burst Affinity is hard to do in this game. Like... I need to anticipate it happening all the time or else I'll miss it.
Some of them are so fast... Also not used to the Gamepad. Once I tried pressing B and accidentally pressed start :/

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Speaking of gamepad, what controls do you guys use to play?
I stuck with the pro controller and just have the gamepad on a table or something.

Also, they weren't kidding about open world. Like, I can basically climb and explore everything.

Still haven't gotten my skell yet though.

How far are you guys?
I'm 10 hours in and just finished chapter 4.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of gamepad, what controls do you guys use to play?
I stuck with the pro controller and just have the gamepad on a table or something.

Also, they weren't kidding about open world. Like, I can basically climb and explore everything.

Still haven't gotten my skell yet though.

How far are you guys?
I'm 10 hours in and just finished chapter 4.
The amount of exploration in this game is crazy. Like... I can jump onto rocks and stones no problem and still be able to explore the area. It's amazing!

Same as you; about 10 hours in on Chapter 4.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I have no pro controller :(

About 6 and a half hours in, just doing quests.

TP is a weird mechanic.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I think tomorrow will be a good day for me to start on the game.

Even though I never finished Xenoblade Chronicles.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've just got Tatsu. Though I swear in a Direct they said they were going to change his name to Tots for the English release? Same with Lin, I thought they said they were going to age her up to 15. Not that I'm complaining, just a little surprised to see them go back.

Man this game is overwhelming. There's so much to do! So many places to go. It's really impressive.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Another thing I find weird is that you can only target the enemy closest to you. I don't know why that's there or if there's a solution to that.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Another thing I find weird is that you can only target the enemy closest to you. I don't know why that's there or if there's a solution to that.
Holding R and pressing Y or A lets you change your target left/right. Had to read the manual to figure that one out. (I hope that's what you're talking about at least.)

D

Deleted member

Can someone explain what Overdrive mode is? I have no idea what it is...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The amount of exploration in this game is crazy. Like... I can jump onto rocks and stones no problem and still be able to explore the area. It's amazing!

Same as you; about 10 hours in on Chapter 4.
Jump dee, jump dee dum! Jumping is love, jumping is life.

I get around everywhere (sprint) jumping around haha. Probably went to tons of places which technically I shouldn't visit without level or skell. Mountain climbing is out, mountain jumping is in. And best thing, jump from anywhere to land in a really cool landing pose, no deaths :D

Also we can do FashionBlade Chronicles X, while wielding best armour.

This will probably be my last post for quite a while. Totally addicted, sleep deprived, still playing -_-

Tried real hard to finally download the game yesterday, finally did it after 4 corrupt data errors!!!! Probably wasted tons of data but worth it. 16 hours in now. Glasses broke, had to go them get fixed ASAP.

I don't mind the silent protag much. Customization is vast in skills, armours, everything. Love the combat with guns and blades for each character. Jumping, sprinting and an extra character with 4 total instead of 3! Oh and the music is quite different from original Xenoblade but is amazing nonetheless for sci-fi. It is like the dream mech game, I always used to dream of when I was a kid :colorful:

Plus the game is huge 0.0 Only went through 1.5 continents so far, and it seems like I went through whole size of Xenoblade.

Sorry for the disordered thoughts -_-

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hey guys! did you see that awesome A-landing tech? I can't wait to go and check out Kuroganehammer's website to see which of Shulk's aerials can d...

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Holding R and pressing Y or A lets you change your target left/right. Had to read the manual to figure that one out. (I hope that's what you're talking about at least.)
:0

thanks so much, you have no idea how much that was bugging me

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
So, supposedly Nintendo is announcing something big tomorrow. Here's hoping it's the December Smash announcement. If not, my next guess would be either something NX related, or perhaps revealing MHX will come to the West. (Doubt it coming that early though...) Which reminds me. LasermasterA LasermasterA , I saw your mention in the MH Group about not getting notifications of replies. Maybe it's because you didn't register as a group member?

Sonicninja115

So, supposedly Nintendo is announcing something big tomorrow. Here's hoping it's the December Smash announcement. If not, my next guess would be either something NX related, or perhaps revealing MHX will come to the West. (Doubt it coming that early though...) Which reminds me. LasermasterA LasermasterA , I saw your mention in the MH Group about not getting notifications of replies. Maybe it's because you didn't register as a group member?
It might actually be the Direct. You never know, plus it is only a small one. Not a spring direct, just a small 15- minute single game direct.

D

Deleted member

Just a notice: Don't do Lin's sidequest immediately in Chapter 4. You will need to go to another area to complete it and I heard that getting two of the collectibles in it takes a long time.

I am doing a different sidequest and it asks me to get Miranium... how do I give Miranium in a sidequest? I'm also confused on how Mining works, because Lin's sidequest requires that you mine with the FrontierNav to get 5 of some item.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Just a notice: Don't do Lin's sidequest immediately in Chapter 4. You will need to go to another area to complete it and I heard that getting two of the collectibles in it takes a long time.

I am doing a different sidequest and it asks me to get Miranium... how do I give Miranium in a sidequest? I'm also confused on how Mining works, because Lin's sidequest requires that you mine with the FrontierNav to get 5 of some item.
You mean the mechanic side quest?
Finished it yesterday.
I kind of cheated and traded my squad tickets to get the two of the items required instead of collecting it.
The Oblivia items are pretty easy to collect. Just keep heading east and you can collect them all at the entrance of Oblivia.
For mining, you have to change your probes to the mining probes. Do this by touching it on the gamepad. Afterwards you'll have to wait for it to be mined. It might take a bit. You also have to make sure that the area has minable materials.

To give miranium it works just like giving a regular item, just talk to them.

Chapter 5 tho, wtf

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Possibly. Wouldn't be the first time that Nintendo has announced that they're going to make an announcement.
I heard some other people rumour-ing that it could be Pokemon-related due to someone saying something big about the next CoroCoro issue.
Either way, should be cool. Hype rockets will go through the roof if it's Smash though.

Sonicninja115

Possibly. Wouldn't be the first time that Nintendo has announced that they're going to make an announcement.
I heard some other people rumour-ing that it could be Pokemon-related due to someone saying something big about the next CoroCoro issue.
Either way, should be cool. Hype rockets will go through the roof if it's Smash though.
They're supposed to reveal a new Pokken fighter on the 10th.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh derp. Was too busy trying to download Xenoblade X.

I am stuck in the other Elma and Lin, affinity quest. I need to get those blue tentacles from the lightning water monsters. Don't know which appendage to cut -_-

Plus too less of them roaming about, and the others being too high a level. Still at chapter 4, doing tons of the side quests and missions.

Edit:
Those squad reward tickets are a boon! Used them to get that tentacle after 20+ tries -_- Done with Chapter 5, now wondering whether to plow on storywise to get access to skells or to continue like I am doing, tons of sidequests + exploration.

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
*sigh*

All you people with your Xenoblade Chronicles X while I'm just gathering notes to play in this game in the future... :urg:

Well, at the very least, if I made comprehensive notes on Xenoblade Chronicles, I might as well do the same. For example, I've already made a note on Lin's first affinity mission.

Top Bottom