• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

You know, Sonic may have gotten nerfed but the match up still feels difficult for Shulk. Lol. It's practically the same **** to deal with. He's probably our second hardest match up (our worst obviously being Fox)

Sheik is probably slightly difficult imo. Diddy is probably slightly difficult or even at this point similar to ZSS.

Xenoblade Hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1509-5006
Got my first WiiU Smash tournament coming up this weekend, looking forward to representing my man Shulk on the day. There's an amiibo and a 3DS tournament too so I'm hoping I can do well in at least one of them. I'll report back and tell you all how it goes

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
The Xenoblade X guide published with Dengeki Nintendo has been briefly translated.
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub

This is probably the first time I've been a bit nervous about this game. Fixing party members once you leave civilisation is implied, and that's part of why I didn't like Tales of Xillia 2 as much as the first. On top of that, by only allowing you to change the time at certain locations... it feels a bit restrictive compared to Xenoblade. Still, this game is not Xenoblade Chronicles and I need to reserve judgement until I actually play the game.
I feel like I understand not being able to change party members outside of the city here better than I could in Xillia 2, at least from a story standpoint. It's not like these people's lives are dedicated to helping you on your mission and are constantly following you from location to location. The party members in XCX technically have their own work to do for B.L.A.D.E., which could require them to remain in NLA or be elsewhere on Mira. Plus if the fast travel system is anything like Xenoblade's, I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle to return to NLA to change party members if you really need to.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Would anyone like some matches later on?
I secondary Shulk but i feel like i have been neglecting him lately so i thought some dittos would be good for me (and hopefully learn some new things).

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
You know, Sonic may have gotten nerfed but the match up still feels difficult for Shulk. Lol. It's practically the same **** to deal with. He's probably our second hardest match up (our worst obviously being Fox)

Sheik is probably slightly difficult imo. Diddy is probably slightly difficult or even at this point similar to ZSS.
So the two previous tops are relatively feasible enough for Shulk to beat? That's a good sign then, if we can take down the tops then that's definitely gotta earn some respect for Shulk as a character.

You was in a raid with Rosalina mains at the Zelda thread, and you pretended to be a Rosalina Main there.:smirk:I was lurking the Zelda thread that night.
We went to EventHubs and left some messages there

Also, we all pretended to be Rosalina mains~ ALL HAIL ROSALINDA. ALL HAIL DOLAND LANGUAGE

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
We went to EventHubs and left some messages there

Also, we all pretended to be Rosalina mains~ ALL HAIL ROSALINDA. ALL HAIL DOLAND LANGUAGE
yeah I saw the post with the ****ty grammar in the Zelda thread. I will have go the EvenHubs to see more of them but I don't really care about EvenHubs to go there.:upsidedown:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys....
Xenoblade X got a famitsu score of 34/40
For the reasons of:
Too many movies(really?! This is a JRPG!)
Slowdown in combat(REALLY?!)
And
An improper tutorial.
Here's the thing though. Other reviewers said that Xenoblade x is much easier to learn than Xenoblade due to the good tutorials. They loved the depth as well.
Why is famitsu filled with fricken filthy casuals.
Also, I'd like to add that ****ing FFXIII got a 40/40.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys....
For the reasons of:
And
An improper tutorial.
Here's the thing though. Other reviewers said that Xenoblade x is much easier to learn than Xenoblade due to the good tutorials. They loved the depth as well.
They gave Other M 35. Let that sink in

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Guys....
For the reasons of:
And
An improper tutorial.
I would be more worried if it got 40/40.

D

Deleted member

Guys....
For the reasons of:
And
An improper tutorial.

Xenoblade X 34/40

FFXIII 40/40
I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but I have to question what I just witnessed.

In other news, I finally ordered my GameCube controller adapter for slighty over $20.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...What?
I'm sorry that Xenoblade X isn't the most beautiful hallway ever like in FEXIII, Famitsu.

*insert Shulk screaming no*
Shulk: How is this possible?!
Samus: Some people actually like my games, mine is better, deal with it
Shulk: Too many cutscenes? Hey Samus, sound familiar? Mrs Malkovich
Samus: Shut it
Shulk: Or what, you'll state the obvious in a monotone voice?
Samus: SHUT UP OR I'LL KI-
Shulk: I've got Ridley's number
Samus: ...

D

Deleted member

...What?
I'm sorry that Xenoblade X isn't the most beautiful hallway ever like in FEXIII, Famitsu.
I might as well point out that typo. You could have been referring to Fire Emblem: Awakening, the 13th installment of the Fire Emblem series (I'm counting the remakes of Marth's games as XI and XII) and a game that most of us will agree gets the praise it deserves.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I might as well point out that typo. You could have been referring to Fire Emblem: Awakening, the 13th installment of the Fire Emblem series (I'm counting the remakes of Marth's games as XI and XII) and a game that most of us will agree gets the praise it deserves.
Oh no! I love Awakening! I meant Final Fantasy 13.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but I have to question what I just witnessed.
...What?

*insert Shulk screaming no*
Let's take a look at some Famitsu reviews shall we?
Chrono Trigger, the best rpg of all time-31/40
Metroid Prime-31/40
Persona-30/40
Demon Souls-29/40
Nintendogs-40/40
Metroid Other M-35/40
Final Hallway 13-39/40
Final Hallway 13-2, glorified ****ty DLC sold as a game-40/40

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. Famitsu also took off points because "the world is too big, and it takes a lot of time and work to play a lot of the game".
They are so stupid.....
I think the Colonel was on to something..
image.jpg

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I've never played FF. 6 seems like a good one though. Kefka tgo. FFantasy, not FE, FE6 has Roy and he sucks in FE6
If you do end up playing any of the FFs, I recommend 4-6 to start off. They are all on the GBA with extra dungeons and bosses from their original counterparts, but 4 is better off played on the PSP version, unless you want an insane challenge. 4 has a pretty good story, and that game is the first with the Active Time Battle system, so it's a good one to get to know what the series is like. 5 is personally my favorite, as it has the most customization for your party compared to any of the others. The story is also decent, but 6 definitely has the best story to me. Any of them would be great to start off with, this is all just my opinion.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
>Famitsu ranked FFXIII, Other M, and Nintendogs higher than XCX
Nintendogs was decent to be fair, it worked really well for what it wanted to be

I'd like to point out that on Metacritic, Flipnote Studio for the DSi is rated higher than Skyrim for the PC.

Let THAT sink in.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I see the news of the review came in.

I think the hilariousness is in the fact it was rated lower then Puzzles and Dragons: Super mario edition. I mean, I'm looking forward to that game as well, but just compare the content between the two.

Also, apparently a brief review translation was posted on the last page. How spoilery is it?

Edit: Apparently it is a guide.

Last edited:

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP
I lost a lot of hope in game review scores and sites. Also @ zippy3214 zippy3214 , it's good to know that there are others who also think ffV is the best in series.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I go see review that are made by people that are not paid to make them. They sometimes give games lower scores so people will click to see their review. I stop trusting them and go to less known reviewers.

Top Bottom