• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey bronados, I'm back! Totally didn't mean to ditch you guys... as a Shulk supporter, I feel bad for not posting in awhile... but i had a good reason.

To contain my Shulk hype (no matter how many times I try to select him in the demo, it won't work...!:)), I decided to replay Xenoblade. And once again, it has consumed my life. In a good way, of course.:chuckle: Started like two weeks ago, and I only just got to the Fallen Arm... For some reason, I just can't stop replaying all the quests I completed the first time. There's just something so relaxing about ticking things off a to-do list.;)

I'm playing on new game+ as well. I must say though, while I do love completely owning every enemy I touch, it does make me miss the fantastic battle system... Also, while I love the, um... new weapon I got (spoilers!), I do miss the old Monado... I went through great pains to get the whole party their standard outfits, and I wanted to make Shulk look exactly like his Smash appearance. Still, can't be too upset when my new sword looks THAT cool...:)

So that's what I've been up to. Good to see all of you bronados again! Now back to eagerly awaiting Shulk in smash...

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
umm...Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the best thread to put this, but i really want an opinon on this.
Ok, Im suppose to do a Image on Adobe Ilustrator based on typography for my class tommorow and i did the Monado, but I dont know which should i print. Can i get an opinion on this please:s

Shog

Smash Ace
I just want to post that his taunts are all memorable quotes, including "I am really feeling it:4shulk:"
I welcome our new Ike Taunt Spammer!

About the Monado magnobssed, I am not good with art, but I prefer the one on the right? Don't take my opinion serious though.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Only 2 more days... HYPE. I guess you could say we've reached the...
FINAL CROSS /jokedrum
Anyways, get ready for the two longest days of your life :4shulk:Shulk is so close, I can feel it accidentalreallyfeelingitjoke

EDIT: I figured I should mention, unless you've gotten to a certain part of Xenoblade Chronicles and know what I'm talking about, don't search Final Cross as it could lead to a pretty big spoiler.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh yeah, Shulk's taunts. I love how they're all basically the exact same things he said in his reveal, literally everything. The way he says "Now its Shulk time" when he taunts though, that doesn't really match up with him Shaking his head and putting his arms in the "I dont know" kind of pose. Same goes for when he grabs his sword and says "I'm really feeling it!" If i could, i'd switch it so he says "Now it's Shulk Time!" when he grabs the Monado and fist pumps, and "I'm really feeling it" when he shakes his head. The "This is the Monado's Power" taunt is fine though.

Although, i am curious as to whether if Shulk's Taunt Lines are different with the Japanese Voice Actor. I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh yeah, Shulk's taunts. I love how they're all basically the exact same things he said in his reveal, literally everything. The way he says "Now its Shulk time" when he taunts though, that doesn't really match up with him Shaking his head and putting his arms in the "I dont know" kind of pose. Same goes for when he grabs his sword and says "I'm really feeling it!" If i could, i'd switch it so he says "Now it's Shulk Time!" when he grabs the Monado and fist pumps, and "I'm really feeling it" when he shakes his head. The "This is the Monado's Power" taunt is fine though.

Although, i am curious as to whether if Shulk's Taunt Lines are different with the Japanese Voice Actor. I wouldn't be surprised if they were.
The last two were pretty close to what they are in English just slightly different wording, the first one where Shulk time is used I've heard was something like "Your not very gentle are you?" or something in that manner.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The last two were pretty close to what they are in English just slightly different wording, the first one where Shulk time is used I've heard was something like "Your not very gentle are you?" or something in that manner.
That makes more sense than Shulk time, but Shulk time sounds like more fun.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I wish "Piece of cake!" was one of his taunts since that actually sounds more like a taunt than most of his other quotes.

Hopefully, I'll get to buy Smash 4 tomorrow

before it's sold out. lol

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The day of Monading is just around the corner for us, let the hype commence! :4shulk:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, not sure if anyone remembers this, but remember the amorous rendezvous of Reyn and Sharla? Well, turns out that there are some good tracks from Xenoblade that work well on this video. If you want to see, check the spoiler tag (It's only under spoilers because of so many videos).
The one and only:
In order for this to work, you have to start them both at the same time. Some tracks, such as: You Will Know Our Names
Mechanical Rhythm
And I think this one works the best, but that's my taste. Colony 9.
Also, we never discussed this Shulk trailer yet:

Last edited:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477
So, not sure if anyone remembers this, but remember the amorous rendezvous of Reyn and Sharla? Well, turns out that there are some good tracks from Xenoblade that work well on this video. If you want to see, check the spoiler tag (It's only under spoilers because of so many videos).
The one and only:
In order for this to work, you have to start them both at the same time. Some tracks, such as: You Will Know Our Names
Mechanical Rhythm
And I think this one works the best, but that's my taste. Colony 9.
Also, we never discussed this Shulk trailer yet:
I thought we burned that video a long time ago...
"Sharla with you around i'm three times as hard" is still the best quote ever

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Okay, so, I'm about to head to bed, and I SHALL BE GETTING SMASH 4 AS SOON AS I GET UP. Also, my 3DS is on its way back with the capture card successfully installed. It shall be arriving Saturday, so I only have to go one day using my partner's 3DS instead of my own.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I played 5 - 10 minutes.

That was all the time I needed to realize I will be definitely maining Shulk. His taunts made me smile assuring complete Primary status. I'm really feeling it.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I need loads of practicing with Shulk. As far as online matches go, I either barely manage to pull through, or just end up losing. ^^""

I need loads of practicing with Shulk. As far as online matches go, I either barely manage to pull through, or just end up losing. ^^""
It's part of the process

I'm not going online yet. Still need to get used to Shulk a bit more

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Sooo yeah hey guys. Thought I'd be maining Robin and/or Palutena but I'm really in love with Shulk right now. The Monado is a pretty great weapon in addition to the Monado arts and his counter..

With that said, anyone think a big part of his gameplay relies on his counter? The Monado Arts I'm starting to get and starting to use it more and more effectively with each match, but between that and his limited recovery compared to other characters, I think the core of his gameplay relies on his pretty awesome counter. Some might think it's cheap because, well, counters - nuff said, but I think it makes his moveset even more unique than it already is. I can see Shulk being deadly on 1 vs 1 matches..

Important question

I got the "Asian" version of Smash Bros. Can it play online with people with the "US version"?

Weird thing is the "Asian" version is in English

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sort of. Vision is definitely a great parry, probably the best parry in terms of everything going for it except when compared to a Marth countering a huge knockback attack, or Lucario's DoubleTeam when he's at high % plus Rage. The "zone" that appears as Shulk counters slows down time around Shulk so the Vision is always guaranteed if grounded, & the Forward VIsion dash is even better. I wouldn't say it's a big part of his game-play, because I think the bigger parts of Shulk's game-play will be the MArts, & his hit-box properties Blade & Beam.

D

Deleted member

I have to wait until 2 PM to get the game... but first I have to drive back to my house and that's a 30 minute drive. Ugh.
I pre-ordered Smash 3DS, but I hope that I can get it at my GameStop. I'm very scared that I might not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'll have to wait awhile before I can get smash bros. Don't have any money of my own, except for college funds, which I'm going to spend at least $80.00 in total for Hyrule Warriors and its DLC. Gonna have to wait until Christmas, unless I manage to get a job.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Well good day gents. as someone who has been planning on maining shulk, figured i would stop by and introduce myself. I am Stealth Raptor :D i have played smash for a long time, and competitively since melee. i cannot wait to see what this game will bring :)

Well good day gents. as someone who has been planning on maining shulk, figured i would stop by and introduce myself. I am Stealth Raptor :D i have played smash for a long time, and competitively since melee. i cannot wait to see what this game will bring :)
Welcome to the Shulk boards Stealth Raptor!

Hope you enjoy Smash 4 and also enjoy playing as Shulk

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Ahhhh. I get out of work in 2 hours. Can't wait to run to the mall and pick it up. So hyped to play as Shulk. Let's hope this game has a long lifespan (Not 3DS, but Smash 4 in general). But I will always play the 3DS one as well.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Well, after all the videos of Shulk I've seen and the Japanese tier list placing him at the bottom, I was beginning to lose hope. I saw a vision of Shulk taking the bottom tier, below Ganondorf... fortunately, Monado Speed took me straight to my local GAME store where I picked up the game and it's safe to say I've changed the future. At least, I think I have.

Shulk is REALLY solid. Like, it's almost incomprehensible to me that he was bottom of the Japanese tiers. Without his Monado Arts, he's nothing special, but Buster, Shield and Smash are going to make large waves in the metagame. Shulk doesn't need speed or short animations when he deals such ridiculous damage and knockback. I've been playing him and Lucario online since I finished unlocking the characters and I have a 86% winrate. He's such a fun and unique character to play that I'm glad I had my doubts earlier - it only made the discovery of his greatness ever sweeter.

Last edited:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I'm glad I had my doubts earlier - it only made the discovery of his greatness ever sweeter.
Curse you LunaticFeline... Now I can't have the same experience since you reassured his greatness. Haha.

All kidding aside though, that's good to hear. I'm really looking forward to maining him, he'll be a very unique and technical character to play this time around.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Shulk is definitely a bit more of a difficult character to work with initially. So I image the first impression of most people with him is going to be a bit lackluster outside of those that are already able to maximize their game right out of the box, which is very few. Though I definitely like Shulk there is a good reason on day 1 that I am doing better with a character like Lucina then I am with Shulk.

Would probably say alot for the JPN tier list impression as well.

D

Deleted member

I played as Shulk earlier.
I had a blast playing as him! Though, I had a difficult time managing the Monado Arts. I think that I'll work something around that when I play as him even more.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I played Shulk just now. Second run through classic, first was with Robin. First time playing Shulk. Got all the way to the Hands on 6.0, no problem... And then they killed me so much I ended up on 2.5. Any strategies for taking down the Hands with Shulk?

Top Bottom