• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
This will probably be the cover for the special edition that comes with a gamecube controller and adaptor. Man, I remember three years ago cursing Nintendo's name for not giving Xenoblade a chance. Now Shulk is on a cover with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu and more. Kind of surreal.
Yeah, or it could be for a wii u bundle

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So while watching ZeRo stream some Smash 4, he suddenly arrived on the FD version of Gaur Plain.
With You will know our names playing in the background.

D

Deleted member

So this is apparently an extended version of the Wii U box art. What do you guys think? I'm glad that Nintendo is showing off the Xenoblade franchise

It's so surreal just seeing Shulk in the extended box art. It quite clear that they are pushing the Xenoblade franchise to become something even more.
Never ever forget this box art or the moment in Shulk's trailer where he is fighting Link and Marth. Without our support and the support of many others, he probably wouldn't have got in Smash.

How will you Shulk?

Regular Shulk. I like to play as the characters in their default outfits (with a few exceptions).

I don't know if y'all saw this, but someone made an app that lets you make a collage of sorts of characters you intend to use, and it has all of the alt colors.

Luigi, Pit, Shulk, and Robin are all that matter to me in terms of maining.
Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 5.43.38 PM.png

However, I did make an extended version of that featuring my other interests.
20140917092856.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Has there been mention of Juju in this thread?

Because you know, you can't really have a Colony 6 Reconstruction thread with out Juju, owner of 'the most unfortunately named character with any sort of significance in the story of Xenoblade' award. Second place goes to
Egil

Real talk though I'm super excited to see what happens with this character. Seeing him on the extended cover art is amazing as well. It's almost odd to think that Shulk is actually a 1st party Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Because you know, you can't really have a Colony 6 Reconstruction thread with out Juju, owner of 'the most unfortunately named character with any sort of significance in the story of Xenoblade' award. Second place goes to
Egil

Real talk though I'm super excited to see what happens with this character. Seeing him on the extended cover art is amazing as well. It's almost odd to think that Shulk is actually a 1st party Nintendo character.
Has there been any mention of Juju? Oh boy, if only you knew.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Shulk enters the world of smash!

This took a while XD!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So this is apparently an extended version of the Wii U box art. What do you guys think? I'm glad that Nintendo is showing off the Xenoblade franchise

It's so... Beautiful. Everyone on there is an absolute icon of gaming in some form or another. (Yes, even Wii Fit Trainer. She represents the more casual audience, and Wii Fit has sold millions.) And then there's our man Shulk alongside them! He's up there next to Mario, Sonic, Link, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Pikachu. Nintendo could have put another Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon character on there easily. The could have even chosen to represent Star Fox or Pikmin. But out of the multitude of characters they could have chosen, they went with the Monado boy. :')

Nintendo has big plans for the Xeno franchise, I tell you what.

(Side note, I accidentally typed "big plains for the Xeno franchise" at first. Not entirely inaccurate. :p )

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
The video thread is up, Bronados - http://smashboards.com/threads/you-will-know-our-names-shulk-user-videos.368799/

If you ever come across a solid Shulk match, feel free to post them there :4shulk:
Believe me I will. I'm hosting a tourney for my guild over on Serebii. You can take three guesses who I'll be using :p

(To be fair, I also plan to use DHD and Ludwig, but mostly Shulk, especially if I make it to the finals)

On that note, has anyone figured out if there's a way to upload replays without special equipment? Like, can you save them as a video file to an SD card? I need to know in advance if I'm gonna need equipment.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Believe me I will. I'm hosting a tourney for my guild over on Serebii. You can take three guesses who I'll be using :p

(To be fair, I also plan to use DHD and Ludwig, but mostly Shulk, especially if I make it to the finals)

On that note, has anyone figured out if there's a way to upload replays without special equipment? Like, can you save them as a video file to an SD card? I need to know in advance if I'm gonna need equipment.
I forgot, we can actually run decent tournies online with this game!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I forgot, we can actually run decent tournies online with this game!

And another one for the reaction folder.

But yeah, hopefully the lag isn't as bad as Brawl's was. I mean, I only played Brawl for a few months, but in that time I never managed to connect outside of random battles.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

But yeah, hopefully the lag isn't as bad as Brawl's was. I mean, I only played Brawl for a few months, but in that time I never managed to connect outside of random battles.
According to some sources that I can't remember, the lag is not as bad but still can get terrible depending on somebody's connection.

Speaking of online... is it possible to turn off or remove some types of items in for fun mode? Many of them are too op for my taste. Otherwise, I guess I will be doing For Glory (not like that's much of an issue).
-

Taking it from the sd card makes sense if the replay files are actually a sort of video file. I really hope they did it that way. Otherwise, they would probably do what they did in brawl, which wasn't actually a video file of any sort. It was more like a recording of all the inputs that went into the game, and then clicking replay would more reenact exactly what happened.

Doing a video file would be simpler imo, especially with custom moves and amibos being such a varying factor (kinda like brawl modding).

Oh, but what if it saves to the game card...? Eh, we'll see what people who actually have the game say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried to find some trophies related to Xenoblade from this thread, and there are barely any. D:

I'd bet the Wii U version has more, seeing as Shulk is on the bundle art and Xenoblade games are on home consoles.
Precisely this.
Sakurai stated that the Wii U version will get more trophies exclusive to consoles. So, I think that we'll see every party member as a trophy on the Wii U. Riki and Dunban made it in the 3DS version since they are a part of Shulk's Final Smash.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Cancelling my pre-order if there isn't a Dinkson trophy in the game.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Precisely this.
Sakurai stated that the Wii U version will get more trophies exclusive to consoles. So, I think that we'll see every party member as a trophy on the Wii U. Riki and Dunban made it in the 3DS version since they are a part of Shulk's Final Smash.
Yup, especially with the clear representation in Shulk's color swaps/alts, I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the gang in the WIi U version in HD glory :)

Cancelling my pre-order if there isn't a Dinkson trophy in the game.
Don't be that guy, Solf :awesome:

EDIT - If you look carefully, you'll notice that your Smash 4 Main icons are now visible!

R.I.P. Beautiful Premium background...

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Don't be that guy, Solf :awesome:

EDIT - If you look carefully, you'll notice that your Smash 4 Main icons are now visible!

R.I.P. Beautiful Premium background...
Vectoring? Cancelling pre-order this game is garbage. :troll:

Also, I want my background back... :(

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Vectoring? Cancelling pre-order this game is garbage. :troll:

Also, I want my background back... :(
I like how your percentage affects the Vectoring. It's basically DI, but balanced.

Also, I really dislike those icons. They look so damn little. This needs to be fixed up a bit.

EDIT: I have an idea guys! If you want your background back. You can now have 3DS and Wii U mains seperately. So just pick the character you want to BG as Wii U main. Can't try it out, just an idea.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
makes me glad to here people in the east are saying Shulk is top tier

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
SHULK IS BACK IN THE BACKGROUND! There is a god.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Precisely this.
I'd bet the Wii U version has more, seeing as Shulk is on the bundle art and Xenoblade games are on home consoles.
I forgot that tidbit was the case for trophies as well. No wonder there were a lot of Fire Emblem Awakening trophies. :0

Still, the Xenoblade section will feel a little empty on the 3DS version, but at least the Wii U version will have more.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
How will you Shulk?

Regular Shulk, Dunban Shulk, and Swim suit Shulk.

The online is better with a more wired connection internet, the WI-FI quality can go up and down base on the time of day, so if more people online in the day the online will be crap and better at night.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Regular Shulk, Dunban Shulk, and Swim suit Shulk.

The online is better with a more wired connection internet, the WI-FI quality can go up and down base on the time of day, so if more people online in the day the online will be crap and better at night.
Would you say better or worse than Kid Icarus Uprising if you have full bars?

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
When it comes to the Shulk alts, I'm actually going to alternate through them between each match.
-
Should I upload a version of the Dickson mii without the huge red glasses? It would be better for smash miis, since you can give the mii a red bandanna costume option anyways. Due to my 3ds breaking, though, I would have to replicate it from scratch (wouldn't be that hard, but you know.).
-
Oh yea, and for brawl modders - Somebody finished a ssb4 Shulk yesterday
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206275

I haven't had the time to try it out since I'm busy with college work. He says it's not exactly the same as ssb4 shulk, but I trust it's a good mod since he appears to be a really experienced psa'er. Shulk is his username, fyi.
:4shulk:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So while watching ZeRo stream some Smash 4, he suddenly arrived on the FD version of Gaur Plain.
With You will know our names playing in the background.
On another note, Mechanical Rhythm is also among the list of Xenoblade music. Good stuff for hype matches.

How will you Shulk?

Guess I'll go with the Sharla color, I don't see anyone else making any claims.

<<<<<
Does Jurno count?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Would you say better or worse than Kid Icarus Uprising if you have full bars?
I'd say better from the matches I've seen, but Kid Icarus' wasn't that bad, at least, for me it wasn't.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

It is REALLY annoying watching people play Shulk when they clearly don't know how to use his buffs.

Top Bottom