• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Not even 5 pages in and we are already talking about shipping characters and writing fanfics.
Today is a good day.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this out there, but I feel the Rosalina matchup is going to be a beast. :/

This is one matchup where I think having speed activated is going to be the best way to go about it.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this out there, but I feel the Rosalina matchup is going to be a beast. :/

This is one matchup where I think having speed activated is going to be the best way to go about it.
Do tell! Does it have anything to do with closing the space between you and Rosalina so she can't get her Luma out as quickly and keep pressuring her?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Do tell! Does it have anything to do with closing the space between you and Rosalina so she can't get her Luma out as quickly and keep pressuring her?
Her dash attack gets you in the air very easily. Since Shulk is actually pretty slow, it is hard to find a safe place to land anywhere because Rosalina can control almost the entire stage and his aerial movement isn't too good either. Landing with an aerial is also pretty laggy and punishable.

When you finally get to her, she can just roll to safety since her roll is so fast. I felt that speed was the only way to keep up with her.

If you kill a Luma, or she sends it off to its death, go all out on her. Once Luma is gone you have the advantage.

Edit: I will have to post some videos and ask for some advice.... I need help haha

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You guys and your Lovenado/Shipping... :facepalm:

So... uhh... are we going to unsticky the old social thread or what?
I was waiting to hear back from SmashChu since I forgot to notify him before making this new topic. However, he's been pretty inactive lately, so I don't know when he's going to respond (if at all :(). That being said, I'll just lock and unsticky his topic for now and can/will make changes from there if need be depending on his response.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
You guys and your Lovenado/Shipping... :facepalm:

I was waiting to hear back from SmashChu since I forgot to notify him before making this new topic. However, he's been pretty inactive lately, so I don't know when he's going to respond (if at all :(). That being said, I'll just lock and unsticky his topic for now and can/will make changes from there if need be depending on his response.
Lovenado started with just Shulk and his Monado. It was to be true love. Then Hades entered, and the Sandwionis and Fiora, and the Robins, and the Dorf Patrol, and that one guy with the hair and the spoiler name...

I think we need to get back to the heart of Lovenado.

As the author of Lovenado, I shall burden myself with the task.

And by that I mean put it off until I feel like spontaneously writing bad fanfiction. XD

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Well, it's time to leave my post here. :shades:

I feel like Shulk is actually a really deep character; players not used to him seem to have issues with the modes, but once you get the hang of him, he just looks fantastic, and I'm super excited for him.

Until you can play Shulk (and the rest of Smash 4's cast), what will you do to until Smash comes out?
I still need to play through Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm not finished yet with New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Special World. And I also have to do the spotpass chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening. After I did that, nothing stands in Smash 4's way! :shades:
I'll be getting Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Hyrule Warriors later this week. I'm also going overseas for about a week. Downside is I get home on the 6th and therefore get Smash on the 7th.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love that Shulk got in, but I'm not sure his moveset is my style. However, I love that Back Slash is one of his main moves, because that was my favorite move in Xenoblade.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
On another note, I request that at least one of these two videos be added to the OP. For setting the mood.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Watching this guy trying to pull off a Vision has to be the most frustrating, painful and hilarious thing I've seen today.

That said, I'm still very grateful that I can see his moves.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Watching this guy trying to pull off a Vision has to be the most frustrating, painful and hilarious thing I've seen today.

That said, I'm still very grateful that I can see his moves.
At least it's not "awlroit, heah's his *obnoxious lip smack* up-A *does up-air instead of up-tilt* yep thea it is, Shulk's up-A"

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
At least it's not "awlroit, heah's his *obnoxious lip smack* up-A *does up-air instead of up-tilt* yep thea it is, Shulk's up-A"
Oh God. It took me several tries to get it right and now it's stuck in my head. I can't stop laughing.:joyful:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Oh God. It took me several tries to get it right and now it's stuck in my head. I can't stop laughing.:joyful:
That entire video was a joke xD No knowledge of Back Slash or Air Slash, can't even up-tilt. Not someone I want to be learning how to play from, tbh :p

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
That entire video was a joke xD No knowledge of Back Slash or Air Slash, can't even up-tilt. Not someone I want to be learning how to play from, tbh :p
I think I'll figure out Shulk by myself, thanks. I could end up sucking hard with him or I could be an absolute beast. Who knows?

...I really hope it isn't the former. My forte are speedy characters like Pikachu, Greninja, Sheik, etc...

Based on the new thread of aerodrome, you don't take extra damage when using buster....

Hooray. That makes things easier

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Reyn couldn't make it into Smash because he was too busy taking care or everyone's dobergorgis.

Thanks to @x-Ace-x for the video here

Vision counter knocks bowser near the borders at 22% (off-screen). Basically, I think we can actually finish a stock fairly quickly with monado smash + vision counter. No need for damage racking.... Of course, using a counter is a lot harder than it sounds but it's way easier in this game from what I know

Still, the main strategy seems to be damage rack with Monado buster or against campy characters, use speed then after racking up enough damage, monado smash. Players should take note that they can use vision counter to quickly end the character but it has to be timed correctly

Additionally, up-tilt against ledge jump is great

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Lovenado started with just Shulk and his Monado. It was to be true love. Then Hades entered, and the Sandwionis and Fiora, and the Robins, and the Dorf Patrol, and that one guy with the hair and the spoiler name...

I think we need to get back to the heart of Lovenado.

As the author of Lovenado, I shall burden myself with the task.

And by that I mean put it off until I feel like spontaneously writing bad fanfiction. XD
"You must find your Lovenado"

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey guys

In the reveal trailer there was a metal remix of Guar Plains right? But it's not in the 3DS version, it just has the normal version.

Do you think the Guar Plains stage in the Wii U will have both the normal and metal remix version...? Or perhaps the metal remix version is saved for when Metal Face shows up (if he even shows up on the stage in a normal mode)? Just wondering cus I'm really curious with the Ridley/Metal Face situation and how little we know about Wii U so far.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hey guys

In the reveal trailer there was a metal remix of Guar Plains right? But it's not in the 3DS version, it just has the normal version.

Do you think the Guar Plains stage in the Wii U will have both the normal and metal remix version...? Or perhaps the metal remix version is saved for when Metal Face shows up (if he even shows up on the stage in a normal mode)? Just wondering cus I'm really curious with the Ridley/Metal Face situation and how little we know about Wii U so far.
I think Wii U will have both versions, though no comment on whether it goes that way if Metal Face turns up.

Thanks to @x-Ace-x for the video here

Vision counter (timed) knocks bowser near the borders at 22% (off-screen). Basically, I think we can actually finish a stock fairly quickly with monado smash + vision counter. No need for damage racking.... Of course, using a counter is a lot harder than it sounds but it's way easier in this game from what I know

Still, the main strategy seems to be damage rack with Monado buster or against campy characters, use speed then after racking up enough damage, monado smash. Players should take note that they can use vision counter to quickly end the character but it has to be timed correctly

Additionally, up-tilt against ledge jump is great
Question about Shulk's vision counter that I've not been able to get my head around - how does it work?
I've heard that it gets shorter on repeated use, but is that shorter window in which the counter activates, or a quicker counterattack? Or both? Does the "shortness" also affect power in any way?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I think Wii U will have both versions, though no comment on whether it goes that way if Metal Face turns up.

Question about Shulk's vision counter that I've not been able to get my head around - how does it work?
I've heard that it gets shorter on repeated use, but is that shorter window in which the counter activates, or a quicker counterattack? Or both? Does the "shortness" also affect power in any way?
I remember from the magazine/guide (sorry forgot the name...) that would detail character's moves it said the counter got weaker with repeated use. Though, if it meant that in a general sense, then it may mean it gets weaker in ways other than doing less damage.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

He drew this one in the comment section on the previous one. This guy knows where it's at.

Top Bottom