• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Guys. U-smash has a really weird hitbox. The beam part, I mean. Seriously. In a positive way but weird anyway

Oh my god. I just rewatched my replay. Jesus. That's disjointed as hell

Oh and another MU I noticed where in using buster seems better. Wario. Although I don't know how good he is... Against Shulk, I'd rather play defensively because Jesus. He hits hard. Advice would be great

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
They all look really good! :)

Melia's hair still looks like paper though.

HEY GAIS LOOK AT MY AVATAR UGGGGHHHHHH

The models still suck though. I meant, the homs models. Still cool regardless. Seeing Melia and Metal Face made my day. Kinda sucks Reyn got deconfirmed for Assist trophy status but watevs. My avatar's adorable :happysheep:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I actually think the models are amazing. I was never bothered by Xenoblade's graphics anyway so that's probably why.

@ Berserker. Berserker. MELIAAAAAA. I tried finding a Melia pic when I first joined here but I decided to go with this one cuz Shulk and Fiora are my favorite characters. I really like your pic tho.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Saw this in another thread, thought I'd just drop it here too:

Wtf

I just find out some good stuff with buster. It's not a combo but it's just serious range abuse

FH F-air -> FH F-air -> N-air to cancel landing lag. Actually, this works for any art but whatever. Try it in training. I'm not near anyone so I'm not sure how to apply this. I think this might be great with buster (considering how it interacts with shield)

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I was hoping they'd get updated model textures for their trophies but meh, at least they didn't go unnoticed.

The Face Mechons look great as usual~

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Indeed, the coloration is very reminiscent of Jade Face, but it's clearly Face Nemesis. It's strange. I thought it might have been reflection from the background, but now that I look at the legs it does not seem like so. Although, I am not too sure and I suppose it still could be. It's definitely not supposed to be green in Xenoblade since they also call it "Silver Face."

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

Is anyone else bummed that the loop in the Gaur Plains theme doesn't include the rest of the song? Specifically, 2:45 - 4:05

It's my favorite part in song and I hurt a bit whenever I don't hear it in Smash. :'(

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else bummed that the loop in the Gaur Plains theme doesn't include the rest of the song? Specifically, 2:45 - 4:05

It's my favorite part in song and I hurt a bit whenever I don't hear it in Smash. :'(
It makes sense that they did that since the song is a bit long, but it bums me out that they had to cut some parts of the song out. I'm actually equally as bummed out (if not more so) that they had to cut parts out from Id~Purpose.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I'm looking to further improve my Shulk, anyone would like to have a match?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Finally, i had a feeling all the Xenoblade trophies would be in the Wii U version. I'm just really worried now about Sakurai spoiling any part of Xenoblade, seriously. He'll have to be really careful with
Fiora's trophy if it makes it in, she's basically a walking spoiler after you leave Colony 9.

Also:
Saw this in another thread, thought I'd just drop it here too:

I saw Chuggaaconroy mention this on his twitter, it's so gooooooooooooooooooooood. I love this.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

This is really awesome, love this. Any other good xenoblade music anyone can recommend?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
This is really awesome, love this. Any other good xenoblade music anyone can recommend?
I honestly don't think there's a bad moment on the entire soundtrack, but here are some tracks I personally love.

Be wary of the comments, they'll be spoiler central.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I agree with all of the above ~ <3 (While I Think... ;n; )
Smash Run, why do you insist on giving me custom moves and equipment I don't need, but when you do give me ones i need, you give me 3 copies of that same move?
Sakurai why are you against me I thought we were best friends *sob*

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
The ether mine song is a little annoying... but it's catchy! You must hum that tune at least once before you can exit the ether mine.

You asked for good music though. Although, Idk what people have posted, because the embeds aren't labeled. Nonetheless, tragic decision is one of my favorites. I prefer the full version, since the looped version cuts out the best part!
It is not an all piano song; only the beginning is. (But I do like the piano part too)

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So I've been playing Shulk alot lately, and I got to thinking... I'm really concerned about XCX, and its customizable protagonist. Shulk is such a great character, and I really enjoyed following his story and seeing him interact with the rest of the cast, so it bums me out that XCX won't have that kind of character connection, at least with the main character. Of course, he could still have a story, like Robin in FE:A... but with all the voice acting that will inevitably be present in XCX, it just seems like it wouldn't work very well. They would have to pull some serious writing magic to not make it awkward. And even if they did, it still wouldn't be as good as a fully-developed character like Shulk...:(

Is anyone else bothered by this...?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
So I've been playing Shulk alot lately, and I got to thinking... I'm really concerned about XCX, and its customizable protagonist. Shulk is such a great character, and I really enjoyed following his story and seeing him interact with the rest of the cast, so it bums me out that XCX won't have that kind of character connection, at least with the main character. Of course, he could still have a story, like Robin in FE:A... but with all the voice acting that will inevitably be present in XCX, it just seems like it wouldn't work very well. They would have to pull some serious writing magic to not make it awkward. And even if they did, it still wouldn't be as good as a fully-developed character like Shulk...:(

I thought the same thing when I realised the protagonist is generic (if you want to call it that.) I worry that they won't be able to have the same kinds of character interactions they had with Xenoblade, but I have faith that Monolith will do a good job with it.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I thought the same thing when I realised the protagonist is generic (if you want to call it that.) I worry that they won't be able to have the same kinds of character interactions they had with Xenoblade, but I have faith that Monolith will do a good job with it.
Yeah, that's all I can hope... considering Monolith did make the only RPG able to push the Mother series from my top spot, I guess I shouldn't worry. :)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yeah, that's all I can hope... considering Monolith did make the only RPG able to push the Mother series from my top spot, I guess I shouldn't worry. :)
Damn. I'd say Xenoblade would be my favourite, if i weren't so obsessed with majoras mask.
Majoras > Xenoblade > FF8 > Earthbound > Chrono Trigger > ...(Maybe the world ends with you?) > Okami > rest.

Also, I found an incredible good player, which I'm using to improve a lot. Hope I'm ready till february.

Super Mario Galaxy (1/2) > OoT > Uncharted 2 > GTA V > Xenoblade

By the way, you guys gave GTA V a shot?

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit worried about the protagonist too. I don't think that Monolith Soft will have trouble integrating him (or her) into the story, but it won't feel the same to me. I like Shulk since he was a fully developed character and as such you can relate to him; a customizable character could remove that. I am really hoping for this character to be like Robin from FE:A; only his looks are customizable, but he has a personality of his own that you could relate to.

Damn. I'd say Xenoblade would be my favourite, if i weren't so obsessed with majoras mask.
Majoras > Xenoblade > FF8 > Earthbound > Chrono Trigger > ...(Maybe the world ends with you?) > Okami > rest.
Damn, I dunno where I place Xenoblade... it would definitely be within my top 10 or even 5. However, it's not my favorite game of all-time; that honor goes to my childhood game, Super Mario 64.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm a bit worried about the protagonist too. I don't think that Monolith Soft will have trouble integrating him (or her) into the story, but it won't feel the same to me. I like Shulk since he was a fully developed character and as such you can relate to him; a customizable character could remove that. I am really hoping for this character to be like Robin from FE:A; only his looks are customizable, but he has a personality of his own that you could relate to.
Well, as you said, Fire Emblem Awakening showed that it is possible. So I guess nintendo magic will do the trick. Also, are you going to play female or male in the new Xenoblade?

Edit: Poorly worded. Sorry.

Last edited:
Pivot f-tilt still hits even though you're facing backwards from the player for sweetspotted damage. You have to be up close though but it's awesome

Dash then pivot then A to do it. Now use this with smash :troll:

This is also ******** with speed

This is your new dash attack. **** dash attack

KO % around near the edge with speed (135%)

KO % at the center of FD with speed (165%)

Also in BF, you can hit characters with back slash while your under them and while they're on the platforms.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Would it be acceptable to put up a Smash Run guide in the guides section? Cause I've like memorized everything at this point and I still don't have all the custom's. :dizzy: Probably not the place to ask but if it is possible I want to know if you guys would like one. :)

Last edited:
I use Miis to go around Smash Run but I've gotten all the customs via Classic mode

If you want to then go right ahead

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Ooh, we're talking the OST? I think quite an underrated track is Prologue B. It's really actiony and fits the start of the game well when Dunban and Díckson are nearly overwhelmed by those mechon.

And the way it plays the main theme at 1:30... many eargasms were had that day.

Oh, and I love the second time it plays, when (very big spoiler ahead, as in nearly endgame)

Díckson attacks the group with a horde of telethia, then Shulk comes back to life and saves them all.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
20141022_221353.jpg

Decided to share this here too. My drawing of Diqson, one of my favorite characters.

Top Bottom