• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk custom moveset discussion (Standard Custom Moveset Project discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to main thread of the project: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-proposal-we-can-make-custom-moves-fast-easy-and-legal.379555/

Custom sets
1) 1313
2) 2313
3) 3313
4) 1113
5) 2113
6) 3113
7) 2222
8) 3333

Guidelines for the custom sets from Amazing Ampharos:
We want up to three critical sets that represent the most mainline, important options for Shulk and then to fill to slot six with supplemental sets that may be more niche but will still be picked in some case or another. 1111 can be ignored since it is always available no matter what is pre-loaded. Slots 7 and 8 are reserved for 2222 and 3333 so all of Shulk's custom moves can be explored by all players in the early metagame; this will in the long run allow for the best custom load-outs for Shulk to be discovered as quickly as possible with all players being able to use every move on their own set-ups. Slots 9 and 10, of course, are left free for 3ds imports on tournament day. I'm sure you guys can sort this out; you certainly have the hands on deck to figure out everything you could want in as much detail as you would want.
All discussion pertaining to Shulk's customs go here. Just for the sake of being organized

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Custom Monado arts (Neutral B)
1) Decisive Monado arts - You can't switch out of your current monado stance however, it lasts longer by 2 seconds and all buffs are slightly increased. Takes longer than usual to activate (~1.5 seconds)
2) Hyper Monado arts - Monado arts have amplified buffs and debuffs. Lasts for 6 seconds

Custom back slash (Forward B)
1) Back slash leap - Shulk leaps high then descends downwards. Bad horizontal leap but great vertical leap. Damage output is similar to default back slash
2) Back slash charge - Shulk charges forward and slashes the target. Has super armor and great horizontal leap but poor vertical leap. Damage output is weaker than default back slash

Custom vision (Downward B)
1) Dash vision - Shulk counters and dashes forward for the slash. Much faster than normal vision but deals weaker damage overall
2) Power vision - Shulk counters and delivers a powerful slash. Timing of the counter is much stricter if used consecutively. Slower than normal vision but deals a ton of damage

Custom air slash (Upward B)
1) Advancing air slash- Shulk slashes upwards. The second slash sends him forward. Deals slightly more damage than normal air slash
2) Mighty air slash- The first slash reaches for much higher distances BUT the reach of this attack is much shorter. Deals a lot of damage

Last edited:
I say you guys should start tinkering around with Hyper Monado arts. Some seriously extreme stuff there

Smash art is great to use once you knock the opponent off the edge. The KO potential is holy. You guys ought to give this a shot

Speed, despite the massive damage nerf, is still fumazing purely as a filler in between arts. Plus, if you short hop, the short hop is ultra low. If you SH your n-air, you're given an effective forward air.

Jump is still jump but it's so much easier to punish from anywhere and cover space anywhere. It's also easy to avoid melee range and any sort of projectiles. So much mobility.... Still, don't get too crazy

Buster is great only if you're heading for the grab. Activate it while pummeling or throwing then combo into u-tilt (It works). F-tilt hits hard. D-tilt also. Once the opponent regains his momentum, switch off immediately

Shield is great if you know your gonna get juggled like hell

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Nice!

Okay so, for some fun sets to try based off imagination & creativity of game-play purposes, let's list off some decent custom sets, & for this, we're leaving out the regular Special moves:

Jump Height, All or Nothing!
  • Whichever you want, Jump helps immensely regardless if it's DJump or HJump
  • Back Slash Leap
  • Whichever you want
  • Mighty Air Slash
Horizontal Master!
  • Whichever you want, Jump or Speed both help in their ways
  • Back Slash Charge
  • Dash Vision
  • Advancing Air Slash
Strongest Wielding Power!
  • Hyper Monado Arts
  • Back Slash Leap
  • Powerful Vision
  • Mighty Air Slash
Ground-based Shulk?
  • Decisive Monado Arts
  • Whichever you want
  • Whichever you want
  • Advancing Air Slash
Aerial-based Shulk?
  • Decisive Monado Arts
  • Back Slash Leap
  • Dash Vision
  • Advancing Air Slash
I say you guys should start tinkering around with Hyper Monado arts. Some seriously extreme stuff there

Smash art is great to use once you knock the opponent off the edge. The KO potential is holy. You guys ought to give this a shot

Speed, despite the massive damage nerf, is still fumazing purely as a filler in between arts. Plus, if you short hop, the short hop is ultra low. If you SH your n-air, you're given an effective forward air.

Jump is still jump but it's so much easier to punish from anywhere and cover space anywhere. It's also easy to avoid melee range and any sort of projectiles. So much mobility.... Still, don't get too crazy

Buster is great only if you're heading for the grab. Activate it while pummeling or throwing then combo into u-tilt (It works). F-tilt hits hard. D-tilt also. Once the opponent regains his momentum, switch off immediately

Shield is great if you know your gonna get juggled like hell
To add-on to any of this, HShield is great if you're bubble shield is very weak & you need to turtle more to keep on living out your stock playing defensive, the shield strength is godlike & shielding projectiles can be alot easier, even for shield-break worthy projectiles like Samus' Charge Shot.

HJump from what little I played with, can easily hunt those characters you launch off-screen & are nearby the corner. HJump if you quickly position yourself to be at the end of the stage & begin edge-guarding to the max, can reach them from the corner, which is very scary. You make them think about even holding towards the stage they try so hard to get back to, while HJump puts them in their place. The worst thing that can happen is you getting edge-guard broken & they connect a hit against you.

That's about it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I forgot. HJump increases recovery by ridiculous amounts

And it's also amazing for edgeguarding. Thanks for reminding me HOWEVER, I find using smash to be much better since f-air or b-air KO's at ridiculously low %'s. (<100%)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh yeah. I forgot. HJump increases recovery by ridiculous amounts

And it's also amazing for edgeguarding. Thanks for reminding me HOWEVER, I find using smash to be much better since f-air or b-air KO's at ridiculously low %'s. (<100%)
Ahh I never messed around with HSmash, so my further discussion about it is limited, but I'm definitely sure HSmash has the ultimate gimping potential ruining below-par recovery characters such as CF Link & LM for some examples. And always ofc for the main reason that HSmash would KO extremely early %!

Plus, if regular Monado Smash helped evade early stringing tilts like Sheik's F-tilts & Mario's U-tilts, then HSmash with vectoring could probably be the greatest combo-breaking ever.:shades: Not even two F-tilts or U-tilts would string together!

EDIT: For HShield also bringing back up your point made earlier, I thought about the 3v3 & 4v4 modes on WiiU, & a HShield moment would soak up so much damage in some of those chaotic skirmishes. . .You could reduce a ton of damage!:shades:

Last edited:
Ahh I never messed around with HSmash, so my further discussion about it is limited, but I'm definitely sure HSmash has the ultimate gimping potential ruining below-par recovery characters such as CF Link & LM for some examples. And always ofc for the main reason that HSmash would KO extremely early %!

Plus, if regular Monado Smash helped evade early stringing tilts like Sheik & Mario's U-tilts, then HSmash with vectoring could probably be the greatest combo-breaking ever.:shades:
Um.... Using HSmash early in game isn't really a good idea. HSmash specifically

Anyway, I'm getting memories of Snake's brawl U-tilt with Shulk's U-tilt. Just without the stupid disjointedness
This is 100% worth a double post

but if you guys are thinking that hyper monado arts suck

I just KO'd Bowser with U-smash (slight charge) at 53% with smash art

ajdfaslfjklsnjfsjdkmvskmldmlf;sdmklskflsdm;ldvskmd;vdsm;lvmklsdmvs

And I countered flame with smash counter and forwarded it. FREAKING flame. It KO'd him at 63%

Uncharged u-smash KO's Rosalina at 57%. U-tilt KO's at 76%. All with hyper smash
Fantastical news guys. Air slash in hyper smash is insane

It KO's Mario at 65% when near the edge

At the center, it KO's at 95%

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Um.... Using HSmash early in game isn't really a good idea. HSmash specifically

Anyway, I'm getting memories of Snake's brawl U-tilt with Shulk's U-tilt. Just without the stupid disjointedness
Oh, nvm then. I could see very early gimp potential with HSmash, but that would imply Shulk having them off-stage already from a B-throw or D-throw. Omg D-throw, your KB!

Ahh Snake's U-tilt. . .I wonder who even developed that to be that ridiculous anyhow, Kojima's recommendation? xD
Shulk U-tilt stuffs soooo much, it's an amazing anti-air, almost convincing me it's beyond Project M Mewtwo's U-tilt in the same regards. What's the damage setback for doing a U-tilt, like, 3% (Blade) & 4% (Beam)? o_o

Last edited:
Oh, nvm then. I could see very early gimp potential with HSmash, but that would imply Shulk having them off-stage with a B-throw or D-throw for the increased KB.

Ahh Snake's U-tilt. . .I wonder who even developed that to be that ridiculous anyhow, Kojima's recommendation? xD
Shulk U-tilt stuffs soooo much, it's an amazing anti-air, almost convincing me it's beyond Project M Mewtwo's U-tilt in the same regards. What's the damage setback for doing a U-tilt, like, 3% (Blade) & 4% (Beam)? o_o
9% (Tip), 10% (Blade)

HSmash U-tilt is effin ridiculous but wait until you start using HSmash with Air slash for edgeguarding. It KO's Mario at 65% near the edge (Which is your position for most of the time). Air slash is also a pretty good OoS

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
9% (Tip), 10% (Blade)

HSmash U-tilt is effin ridiculous but wait until you start using HSmash with Air slash for edgeguarding. It KO's Mario at 65% near the edge (Which is your position for most of the time). Air slash is also a pretty good OoS
WHAT?! HSmash U-tilt percentages deal more than Vanilla Shulk?! Those deal more than regular Monado Buster U-tilt!. . .:roll:

Holy hotness HSmash Air Slash. Those 6 seconds just got so much importance & have my vote. Aggressive Shulk confirmed, Hyper mode.

If my partner wants me to go aggressive in Doubles, & Customs are allowed, I will be damn sure to put on HMArts no matter what. Those 6 second moments will be so huge.:shades:

WHAT?! HSmash U-tilt percentages deal more than Vanilla Shulk?! Those deal more than regular Monado Buster U-tilt!. . .:roll:

Holy hotness HSmash Air Slash. Those 6 seconds just got so much importance & have my vote. Aggressive Shulk confirmed, Hyper mode.

If my partner wants me to go aggressive in Doubles, & Customs are allowed, I will be damn sure to put on HMArts no matter what. Those 6 second moments will be so huge.:shades:
Wait wait hold it

I was talking about vanilla damage

With HSmash, it deals like 3/4% damage or something

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wait wait hold it

I was talking about vanilla damage

With HSmash, it deals like 3/4% damage or something
Whew, I was about to say. .

But if that's the Vanilla damage for U-tilt, then the Metagame Thread's table for U-tilt's damages 7% (Blade) & 6% (Beam or Tip) are in for some changing?
From that, having the HMArts set as the Neutral-B move makes Vanilla stronger, I guess.

Last edited:
Whew, I was about to say. .

But if that's the Vanilla damage for U-tilt, then the Metagame Thread's table for U-tilt's damages 7% (Blade) & 6% (Beam or Tip) are in for some changing?
From that, having the HMArts set as the Neutral-B move makes Vanilla stronger, I guess.
I think I mixed up vanilla and buster. I think vanilla's damage is 6/7. My bad

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think I mixed up vanilla and buster. I think vanilla's damage is 6/7. My bad
It's definitely not a problem. That cleared up all of my confusion so thanks to the max.

How do you feel about HBuster? Do you like that 18% damaging B-throw?:shades::shades::shades: (I did some rough calculations based off HMArt's damage boosting modifier being 1.68x, & applied the Vanilla B-throw dealing 2% / 9% for both hits)

It's definitely not a problem. That cleared up all of my confusion so thanks to the max.

How do you feel about HBuster? Do you like that 18% damaging B-throw?:shades::shades::shades: (I did some rough calculations based off HMArt's damage boosting modifier being 1.68x, & applied the Vanilla B-throw dealing 2% / 9% for both hits)
I like doing u-throw to u-tilt. It's actually a thing with HBuster. I also like putting in a few hits (like one or two) then I'll switch quickly before something stupid happens

Oh and those calculations are correct

advancing AS is less punishable on whiff onstage especially with platforms(battlefield)
its potent with smash.
I've been using Advancing air slash for quite a while already

I'll run this set up tomorrow and see how far I go

Neutral B: Hyper Monado Arts
Forward B: Back Slash Charge
Downward B: Power Vision
Upward B: Advancing Air Slash

And wtf, b-throw actually does 19% damage... ? With HBuster

B-throw KO's at 100% near the edge with HSmash
U-tilt KO's at 90% with HSmash

All done against Mario

Edit: AS against Mario with HSmash KO's at 65% when very near the edge. Usually you use this for edgeguarding so I'm betting it KO's at even lower %'s.

If you actually want to land air slash on Jiggs or Kirby, you'll have to be very very slightly above them to do it. SH then AS with MSmash. Near the edge, you can KO Jiggs at 50%

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
The backslash variants are ..eh
Both are laggier than regular, charge deals half damage. Charge and regular have counter projectile/aggression value that leaping BSL doesn't have but it lags less then charge. Really though you want BS to hit so lag isn't a problem but in that case BSC lacks impact.

It's kind of a wash on all sides but regular BS will probably give you more mileage outside of recovering with BSC.

Feh. I don't know. Maybe I'll switch back to normal back slash. Most of Shulk's customs are match up dependent imo. Back slash charge and dash vision works against campers, sans DHD based on my experience

Also, DMarts is good against Mac because I'd want to stay in shield or speed for a long time

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Despite the higher end lag both of the BS customs have, BSL's start-up is faster than BS(?), so if we're choosing between the three in regards of connection & success, BS & BSL would be the better choices. BSL also has better anti-air, evades much larger linear-path projectiles, & connects the falling hit quicker on bigger / taller characters than BS would. They both also have a lingering hit effect at the very end of the Monado's Beam when they're slammed down, it's that red visual blurred area.

Of course they all do well against backs facing toward us, BSC feels like the black sheep. But it has its uses.

Last edited:
Despite the higher end lag both of the BS customs have, BSL's start-up is faster than BS(?), so if we're choosing between the three in regards of connection & success, BS & BSL would be the better choices. BSL also has better anti-air, evades much larger linear-path projectiles, & connects the falling hit quicker on bigger / taller characters than BS would. They both also have a lingering hit effect at the very end of the Monado's Beam when they're slammed down, it's that red visual blurred area.

Of course they all do well against backs facing toward us, BSC feels like the black sheep. But it has its uses.
BSL isn't really good as an anti air either since landing the hit is already strict enough. Even against air borne opponents

Also, it's really easy to telegraph so there's that

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I go all in. Hyper Monado Arts, Back Slash Charge, Mighty Air Slash, Power Vision. With some speed and attack boosts from equipment, good lord, Shulk becomes a god. BSC is nice for clearing an edge after being launched high since it covers some serious horizontal distance. Plus it can fool people who roll away and they get caught in the drag. That said, I rarely use BS at all; it's really only for getting back to stage or punishing rolls. Hyper Smash + Mighty Air Slash is unreal for edgeguarding, as well.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I agree with Hellrazor,max power!Sometimes I use reg backslash and AAS.HBuster 40% smash is awesome!

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
My thoughts on the moves. ✓ = My choice:

Custom Monado arts (Neutral B)
1) Decisive Monado arts ✓ - It's strange, I love constantly changing arts with the normal MA. But I like this one the most. I guess it makes me feel less hyperactive, and much more strategic and concentrated (more like Xenoblade!). Stronger arts that require a good game plan. Only problem is Shield is a bit double edged. It'll save you from more and lasts longer, but if you're launched to the side too far, you can't switch out of it for recovery. Overall, the extra time and slight enhancements get your Arts more mileage, but needs more assessment and foresight.
2) Hyper Monado arts - The buffs are pretty crazy, you can get tons of mileage, but it requires some extreme reading and execution for the super short duration. Shield is also a bit weird though, it saves you from a ton of stuff, but are you going to get hit in 6 seconds? I feel like this custom is too offensive for Shulk.

Custom back slash (Forward B)
1) Back slash leap - It's good because it's more stationary and faster. It's a bit better at actually getting back hits, but loses all of its functionality as an extra-range trump card. Can cross-up aerial opponents fairly nice, and since he comes down so fast, it's harder to punish despite being laggier, and it's very hard to react to.
2) Back slash charge ✓ - I like this one most simply because of its utility and range. I've charged with sheer willpower through Samus charge shots and many other moves, taking the damage like nothing and smacking their face. The extra range lets it also serve as a dive into projectile campers, more effective than the original. But it's also very risky and won't really kill.

Custom vision (Downward B)
1) Dash vision ✓ - I like it mostly because it works better to counter some projectiles with its better speed and range. And on the occasions where it whiffs (as the normal Vision often likes to do), it slides you a good distance that might keep you safe. It can be used as pseudo-recovery if they chase after you off-stage. F-Vision seems the same... Well, this custom is a bit weak but it sees more uses than KOing.
2) Power vision - Scary stuff. That's about it. Can KO Pikachu around 80-90% around mid-stage for countering a mere thunderbolt. Impractical, but yeah, that's an example of its absurd power. Needs more timing, but even being slower, it still slows down time, so... It's really just an enhanced Vision that takes a bit more skill. As if vanilla wasn't strong enough...

Custom air slash (Upward B)
1) Advancing air slash ✓ - I think opponents can sort of vector away, or the hitboxes are just weird, the second hit whiffs sometimes. But it has more use as an offensive move since it's harder to punish. Can't be used for edgeguarding because of the second hit sweep... One thing I like though, it can bypass the edge if you use the second hit on the edge, Shulk will instead instantly sweep onto the floor. To be honest, I mostly use this one because it looks super cool.
2) Mighty air slash - Does damage, but harder to KO because of its vertical launch, unless you go for risky plays up high. Slightly better for recovery... But also more punishable. I need to test this one in real matches more, but it didn't feel like much of an upgrade except for recovery.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I find it odd that Mighty Air Slash actually has the lowest KO power out of all the Air Slash variants. The added recovery distance seems like the most valuable aspect of it.

Also not really a fan of how Back Slash Charge does pathetic damage on front hits, since I don't think it makes the potential trades you'll be making with it worthwhile.

Back slash charge is great as a follow up especially after b-throw. Additionally, it's sole purpose is to get you in anyway so using shield while using BSC will make the trade worth it since you'll be more resistant to punishment thanks to the defense and weight boost

Dash vision also puts you in a great position. Usually under the opponent so you can set up for a u-tilt

Hyper monado arts is more about precise usage if anything. Like, activate HSmash when the opponent is off the edge. Or with HBuster, activate it when you land a grab. With HShield, just use it when they get close enough already and you're at a high%. The only buffs you can jack around with anytime are HSpeed and HJump which are still really good.

DArts is good against certain characters. It's also good if you want to commit to some arts

I gotta get used to thinking on how Mighty AS can be used other than being a great recovery

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I gotta get used to thinking on how Mighty AS can be used other than being a great recovery
Could be a decent OoS option to try out in the same fashion Marth's use it on BF to reach the top platform to avoid punishment. MAS could definitely reach that height, but not sure if it requres just MAS, or MAS2. If MAS were to reach that height with ease, then MAS2 using DSpeed and DShield, or HSpeed and HShield would help connect the two hits together by decreasing the height damage & knockback possibly.

DSmash or HSmash would also help MAS connect the two hits better because of increased Knockback & decreased damage too.

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Well, Mighty AS has pretty good numbers in Buster. MAS with Buster will do 27 if you get both hits. 31 with Hyper. The normal Air Slash only does 15 with Buster, and 19 with Advancing AS. Pretty fair gap in the damage increase.

Also, I take it back. I really take it back. Mighty Air Slash is deadly! Not only is it capable of that damage, it KOs Marth at 85% with Smash from the ground! I can definitely see some earlier kills with Smash when they're in the air, or against light characters. So, better recovery, damage dealer with Buster, and quite a quick kill option if you go for the risk.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
MAS is nice vertical recovery, but it's horizontal aspect is horrible. The only thing you can do after MAS is FF to land asap because you barely move anywhere even if you drift left or right. So for recovery overall, I say it's vertical-exclusive.

Whoa...

Mighty air slash KO's vertically. Just saying

Problem is, the first slash is so high, it's impossible to land the second hit unless you use it below the opponent. If you use it and you're at the same ground level of the opponent, the second hit won't hit at all

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ahhh Star KOs are great. Stages with low ceiling will bode better for MAS then.

I mentioned earler that a Jump Height decreasing MArt like Speed or better yet Shield, may decrease the height enough to help the 2nd hit connect more consistent, that or DSmash / HSmash would prop them up high enough to hit with the 2nd hit.

Of course someone standing on a platform & we're grounded can follow-up both hits much more too.

Last edited:
Ahhh Star KOs are great. Stages with low ceiling will bode better for MAS then.

I mentioned earler that a Jump Height decreasing MArt like Speed or better yet Shield, may decrease the height enough to help the 2nd hit connect more consistent, that or DSmash / HSmash would prop them up high enough to hit with the 2nd hit.

Of course someone standing on a platform & we're grounded can follow-up both hits much more too.
Er..... Actually, shield still doesn't work

****. I can't land the 2nd hit of MAS. I'd rather stick to AAS until someone tells me how to consistently does this right

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
MAS is a kill beast, the deal is figuring how to incorporate it. The range is short, but more worryingly how can they DI against it?
They'd vector downward to defeat our purpose of stringing both hits together in succession. So we may have to hope they vector upward unknowingly for the first few times.

Anytime we footstool depending on where we do whether it's behind or in front of them, MAS Reversed or not given the direction you face while footstooling, can connect the first hit guaranteed. . .the stump though is they can avoid the 2nd hit with or without vectoring downward. Or if we use Smash that helps connect the two hits consistently?
Er..... Actually, shield still doesn't work

****. I can't land the 2nd hit of MAS. I'd rather stick to AAS until someone tells me how to consistently does this right
Oh. . .Shield doesn't help. . .I'm struck.:urg:
Smash works. . .right?

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
It does, but you have to delay the second hit a little bit if you start it from ground level. That's how I was testing it on Marth. It should be just enough time for the enemy's momentum to catch up with you. Also, on Pikachu, I didn't have to delay it. So maybe towards the mid-heavy end you have to do the delay?

Anyway, just delay the follow-up slash, it should work.

It does, but you have to delay the second hit a little bit if you start it from ground level. That's how I was testing it on Marth. It should be just enough time for the enemy's momentum to catch up with you. Also, on Pikachu, I didn't have to delay it. So maybe towards the mid-heavy end you have to do the delay?

Anyway, just delay the follow-up slash, it should work.
Oh right... I did test it on Bowser... *facepalm*

I think it may work against lighter characters so my mistake

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Interesting. . .MAS requires more strict timing by waiting for their knockback launch to reach its peak for the 2nd hit to connect. My level of respect for MAS has just grown to the same level as AAS.

MASonomace will be my Custom Special of choice, though ledge tricks with the AAS 2nd hit sliding & landing on top of platforms will be missed, I can work around the bad horizontal movement of MAS.

Jump mode + Grounded MAS + FF it = You didn't see me in the air.

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Just tried on Bowser. It can hit him if you delay the follow-up even more, but I'm not sure if that gives them time to air dodge. Anyway, it definitely works on Marth from the ground and lighter characters, and that's where a star KO counts more, really.

The enemy seems to be able to DI a bit, but I'm not sure if they can actually escape it. The training AI moves in different directions every time I try, but they never really escape it. Bowser did a couple of times though, by DI'ing away (maybe heavyweights get more time to move out from their slower launch?). But again, against my tests on Pikachu and Marth, it was consistent. I guess it's best not to use it on heavies since it KOs more late anyway, unless they're above you and you can line it up better below them. But yeah, Mighty AS kills at an average of 85% and that's from the ground. And 70% from only about the peak of Shulk's first jump.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wonderful guys. MAS confirmed Star KO being the vertical launching move, while AAS is the horizontal launching move. I see that as clever trajectory for their main use of purpose in the end. MAS is vertical everything, AAS is horizontal everything. I like that!

What stages do you guys think would benefit MAS & AAS?
BF & YI for MAS, calling it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom