• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
First wave of confirmation emails just went out to the first 70 registrants. Will be sending about 70 a day, otherwise gmail will block me for spam. All seems to be working well.

Please do not respond to the email, click the confirmation link at the bottom and check "yes" if everything is correct, or type in the comment box if something needs to be changed.

Confirmation emails should all be sent out by friday, about 70-80 a day.

Seagull Joe has deconfirmed- can you please replace him with Pink Fresh? That is who he's giving his spot to. Pink Fresh is entering P:M though not Brawl.
If you deconfirm, you can't "give" your spot to someone. That spot will open up and be added to the amount of second wave registrations we take.

Subbing to get in on the second round of registration. Will that be before the 14th?
It should be this weekend, probably the 15 or 16th.

Amar

jerry121212

Smash Rookie
I'd just like to throw my name into the list of people who WILL attend if there's a second wave of sign ups.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
^ Hate to be that guy, but that's not gunna happen lol
So far we have at least 5 deconfirms, so there will be a chance although it may be a small number.

Also guys, if you dont get a confirmation dont panic- I can only send 70 per day or else gmail will think I'm spamming.

Amar

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I think you all entirely misunderstood what I meant. From my reading, it looked as though he was trying to reserve a spot for himself with that post, instead of being ready for the second wave to be announced. Now I could be wrong, but try to understand how its a bit irritating to others who are being patient. My apologies for the confusion.

Peyto

Smash Rookie
So far we have at least 5 deconfirms, so there will be a chance although it may be a small number.

Also guys, if you dont get a confirmation dont panic- I can only send 70 per day or else gmail will think I'm spamming.

Amar
I'm really excited for this because it would be my first tournament but, me and a friend acted too soon to register. Do you have any idea when the people who canceled's spots will be open? Thank you!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited for this because it would be my first tournament but, me and a friend acted too soon to register. Do you have any idea when the people who canceled's spots will be open? Thank you!
Likely a week- the people who have already registered deserve at least a week to get around to confirming the confirmation email.

Everyone who registered for Shuffle should have gotten a confirmation email. If you haven't responded by Friday I will count that as a "no", and give spots to people who want to go.

Last edited:

Peyto

Smash Rookie
Likely a week- the people who have already registered deserve at least a week to get around to confirming the confirmation email.

Everyone who registered for Shuffle should have gotten a confirmation email. If you haven't responded by Friday I will count that as a "no", and give spots to people who want to go.
Thanks for the reply! And If we just show up with entrance money, we can still spectate and play friendlies, right? Thanks again!

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
If we just so happen to not get in for prereg, will there be a "waiting list" for those who can try to jump in if those who confirmed do not show up? (I know it's a long shot, just wondering)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
We currently aren't doing a wait list, so sorry about that.

The good news is our preregistration did not involve anyone paying, so there is a good chance as lot of people will drop out.

Also, I'm thinking about giving people that are able to bring televisions high priority for the second wave.

Currently of our 300, only 118 have confirmed.

Amar

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
We currently aren't doing a wait list, so sorry about that.

The good news is our preregistration did not involve anyone paying, so there is a good chance as lot of people will drop out.

Also, I'm thinking about giving people that are able to bring televisions high priority for the second wave.

Currently of our 300, only 118 have confirmed.

Amar
I'll bring an ENTIRE setup for Melee, PM, and you can even play Brawl on my setup if you need to ;) (I was planning on doing this anyway)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have a recording setup to go with it.

Last edited:

Skollvaldr

Smash Rookie
A friend and I will absolutely be going as I am an OSU student and live like 5 minutes away. I attended Shuffle IV as well. Here's to hoping for registration wave 2.

jerry121212

Smash Rookie
I think you all entirely misunderstood what I meant. From my reading, it looked as though he was trying to reserve a spot for himself with that post, instead of being ready for the second wave to be announced. Now I could be wrong, but try to understand how its a bit irritating to others who are being patient. My apologies for the confusion.
My mistake, I didn't mean to come off like that. I wasn't trying to reserve a spot, I was just saying I will register if I get the chance (the idea being that a second wave of registration will come if they know more people want to participate)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Deadline for confirmation emails is Friday @ 12 P.M..

Registration wave 2 will go live Friday @ 4 P.M. So far, about 10~ people have said no, so there will be at least ten spots with a high chance of there being more- currently, of our 300 registrants only 192 have confirmed.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Is it possible that Thursday we get a list of people who have confirmed, just so people have peace of mind?

Also, what are your plans with people who don't reply saying whether they've confirmed or not? Will they just be presumed de-confirms?

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that Thursday we get a list of people who have confirmed, just so people have peace of mind?

Also, what are your plans with people who don't reply saying whether they've confirmed or not? Will they just be presumed de-confirms?
Great idea! I will post the list Thursday.

If people don't respond, we are counting it as de-confirm.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Two announcements:

1.) Thought I would update everyone on what pools are looking like:

For melee/PM singles: 32 Pools, 4-5 People in each pool, Top 2 make it out to a Top 64 Double Elim Bracket
For brawl singles: 16 Pools, 6-7 People in each, top 2 make it out to a Top 32 Double Elim Bracket
For Melee, PM, and Brawl doubles: All straight to Double Elim bracket.

2.) We will NOT be allowing singles sign ups for events you didn't register for the day of the event- we want to make all the pool structures etc before hand and have everything good to go.

You WILL be able to enter in to doubles events you didn't register for the day of.

Amar

Last edited:

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Two announcements:

For melee/PM singles: 32 Pools, 4-5 People in each pool, Top 2 make it out to a Top 32 Double Elim Bracket
For brawl singles: 16 Pools, 6-7 People in each, top 2 make it out to a Top 32 Double Elim Bracket

2.) We will NOT be allowing singles sign ups for events you didn't register for the day of the event- we want to make all the pool structures etc before hand and have everything good to go.

You WILL be able to enter in to doubles events you didn't register for the day of.

Amar
Top 2 into a bracket. We Apex 2012 now.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Two announcements:

For melee/PM singles: 32 Pools, 4-5 People in each pool, Top 2 make it out to a Top 64 Double Elim Bracket

Amar
those are some small pools
you should probably do 16 pools of 9-10 people for Melee/PM at the very least
and I'd say 8 pools of 13-14 each for Brawl, but I dunno

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if your seeding's fine then there's no problems with those pool formats really.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is considered good or bad, but I don't hate the pool structure.

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
those are some small pools
you should probably do 16 pools of 9-10 people for Melee/PM at the very least
and I'd say 8 pools of 13-14 each for Brawl, but I dunno
Hey! Thanks for the input.

I'm pretty set in this form for pools unless a good portion of people have a specific issue with it.

We are going to try and spend a lot of time doing a good job with seeding so hopefully no issues arise.

Amar

Player-1

Smash Legend
Top 2 get out is one of the worst format for pools, where weird tie breaking situations come up like people only lose once and they won't get out and other weird situations.

Speaking of tie breakers, how will tie breakers be decided?

Top Bottom