• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I can work on that. Besides needing to get the adapters, P:M's already ready on my Wii U, but for Brawl, I'd need to go and unlock all of the characters, stages, and rules before my Wii U can be used for that game completely.

Must the P:M setup use an unmodified version? As in no alternate textures to characters & stages as well as music besides the textures & songs the current version provides on its own?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'll be very sad if I can't have my own songs on there. Anyway...

I've signed up using the link provided, but I just wanna mention that I'm likely driving with a full compliment of seven people(including myself), all PM players and six of which will probably be entering PM Doubles as well as Singles. Not sure about the 7th, but we're all PM players.

Speaking of, is there anyone available to house West MI PM?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'll be very sad if I can't have my own songs on there. Anyway...

I've signed up using the link provided, but I just wanna mention that I'm likely driving with a full compliment of seven people(including myself), all PM players and six of which will probably be entering PM Doubles as well as Singles. Not sure about the 7th, but we're all PM players.

Speaking of, is there anyone available to house West MI PM?
I'm sure songs are okay. And most textures as long as they're tested and updated for 3.02. I, however, am not TO soooo... my word counts for diddly. Although I'm 100% sure songs don't matter.

Also KY Housing PLAISE! Haha. We would all be ultra thankful. As would Mr MI as well.

Oh and I have a setup I'm bringing (Wii, Brawl, Melee, Project M)... and a plethora of good GC controllers (at least 5 to 8). I don't mind lending them to anyone who needs them as long as they don't get lost or stolen.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Yooooo me and wizkid are coming. So add us on the pre refister plz. Also soul pech.... if u still got housing me and wiz could use it lol. Another thing is.. i finished 5th at ranbats lol

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, a ton of people are messaging this account for housing so I thought I would clear some things up:

ESI has told all of its members to look in this thread and offer housing to people: thus, messaging me doesn't really help me much. I suggest:

1.) Post in this smashboards thread, hopefully somebody will be able to house you. Keep an eye on the thread and maybe bring your need for housing up every few days.

2.) Post in the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/184393591770580/ sometimes people are more willing to offer housing when they can put a face to the name, especially if they don't know you well before.

Amar

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Yooooo me and wizkid are coming. So add us on the pre refister plz. Also soul pech.... if u still got housing me and wiz could use it lol. Another thing is.. i finished 5th at ranbats lol
Since we don't know which events you are entering, who your doubles partners would be, if you're bringing a setup, etc., the form is here. Only takes a minute to preregister though so please do it soon! :)

Jeeble

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeeble
3DS FC
4227-0772-2000
I know this is an overused joke since this is an MLG tournament, but...

1v1 me m9. i bet u cant even shffl

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
People need to look at the list of hotels that was provided by ESI in the OP. There are really solid hotels for cheap since a majority of people are staying 1 night.

Also Michigan players, I still have room for 1 more person if anyone wants to claim the spot.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm far to lazy to read this entire thread so I'll ask here. Is there a Florida crew, and if so do they have room for another? I should be able to go to this if everything goes good.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick little note,

We've passed 170 pre-registrations for the event. I plan on stopping the first round confirmations and sending a blanket email on 2/13 where you will simply send back which brackets you're registering for to confirm our records, making day-of-event registration way easier. This will also be a chance for you to email back saying you will not be in attendance, so that if we reach 300 the slots can be filled.

Here's some singles bracket numbers as of right now,

Melee - 84 entrants
Brawl - 65 entrants
Project M - 85 entrants

- Derek

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Out of curiosity, how exactly is MLG sponsoring the event? Are there pot bonuses? Provided setups? Help with the venue's cost?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Anyone know of any flight specials for SoCal? The lowest I can find is $400 roundtrip.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Hype. Seems like ESI is putting a lot of effort into making this tournament great, and with the advice of the many knowledgeable TO's I'm expecting a spectacular event.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, how exactly is MLG sponsoring the event? Are there pot bonuses? Provided setups? Help with the venue's cost?
MLG is promoting the event on their site and via tweets, streaming the event on mlg.tv, providing a large number of Wiis and Gamecubes for us to use, and considering using the event as a qualifier for future MLG Smash Bros. events. And they will have a representative or two at the event itself.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Here's the update on housing:

My Housing:

1) Player-1 + GA
2) GA
3) GA
4) GA
5) Xerozen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL
10) Seagull
11) GA

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
Trollby
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)
viperboy_74
jen + leon
wizkid + schwikid
Amazerommu + KY
West MI
Nintendude + 8 ppl

For those who need housing, people are offering housing, so I would suggest to lurk through and find those people who are offering.
For those who are providing housing, check my list and the OP for those who need housing.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Still waiting to find out if there is a Florida group of any kind going. If not, I'd be a lot less inclined to go.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
This looks rad as ****

Gentlemen's Club attendance to be expected
Gentlemen's Club...I like the sound of that. Maybe I'll rope off a small area of the venue, hire a professional, huge bouncer, and only allow in certain cool 21+ up people. Lots of cigars, whiskey, and strippers. That would be a good allocation of funds, right?

(Don't tell the other ESI members. shh...)

Amar

gg NoMeow

Smash Rookie
Hey guys

I'm in talks with some big name casters (can't spill the beans yet, look for an announcement this weekend)

Who would you guys most want to see casting the event??

Amar

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey guys

I'm in talks with some big name casters (can't spill the beans yet, look for an announcement this weekend)

Who would you guys most want to see casting the event??

Amar

For Melee: Wife, Prog/D1

For Brawl: Pierce/Coontail

SoulPech

Smash Master
For Melee, I would most definitely suggest Prog. 2nd guy i don't mind that it's D1/Doggy Sammich/Wobbles/Wife
For Brawl, anyone that's not Keitaro.

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
I think EE and Coontail would be good for brawl.

Get Wife, Omnigamer and JV5x5 on for melee :088: but for real Prog, D1, Dogy, Wife or Wobbles for melee

Top Bottom