• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
What I meant was that she'd lean more into the projectile side of things. Most the Reimu movesets I see draw primarily from the melee button side of things. With all the crazy loyal movesets, I feel like Reimu would have ore projectiles as her normals, a la Mega Man. And besides, it's not like Smash hasn't just made up moves out of nowhere; Heck, even Terry needed a made-up move for his up aerial. I'm just thinking we'd end up getting an incarnation of Reimu different from both the ground fighters and the aerial fighters.
I agree, I also don't think she'd be a 1:1 copy-paste from the fighters! Just that they'd pull a lot of stuff from there. I also agree that she'd almost certainly revolve around projectiles like Mega Man.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen of 17.5, the game still looks very unpolished compared to the usual tasofro standard, I wonder if the team changed or something...

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen of 17.5, the game still looks very unpolished compared to the usual tasofro standard, I wonder if the team changed or something...
Eh, I like the artstyle and it's pretty fun (and pretty brutally difficult...)
With that being said, it's still a demo - we're missing a good chunk of content as of right now.
I do see what you are saying but this is a bit of a deviation from what they usually put out

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I like the artstyle and it's pretty fun (and pretty brutally difficult...)
I'm talking about everything but the artstyle : animation, effects, UI, etc...

I do see what you are saying but this is a bit of a deviation from what they usually put out
Polishing a game stays mostly the same regardless of the genre. Especially in this case, the game is actually very similar to what they usually do, it looks like a fighting game, but it plays solo.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Since Sakurai recently tweeted an artwork of two clocks, I think it would be funny if Sakuya (Touhou) turned out to be the indie rep in Fighters Pass 2.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
It's honestly quite nuts how much dumb speculation a picture of two clocks generated.
Like, there's theories, and then there's reaching.
tbh, it's just a reference to Crash 4 main villain if I'm being honest which is not far considering Sakurai is a video game fan with the amount of video game console that he has in his living room during a presentation is big but, the amount of people use that as a clue for Crash being in Smash is really stupid and desperate.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Touhou Smash content in 2015
Yeah lets not talk about that one disaster, lmao.

Oeh, we are getting closer to Brawl-levels of Touhou Hacks for Smash. Thats quite a lot of content thats been worked on.
I can already tell by the guns on the portraits that this is going a very lighthearted and epic direction.

Soulor

Smash Cadet
My copy of the multi-language asia release of Spell Bubble arrived yesterday. It's really fun.

edit: looks like spell bubble is now available in the NA eshop. Currently 3 DLC song packs are available. Maybe side story DLC and other music packs eventually? Also I finally worked out the DLC on the asia copy, so that's neat.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice! Having this and Spell Bubble with global releases back to back is pretty surprising. I know it's different developers, just that they both did Touhou, but still.

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'm hoping this thread gets a hundred pages soon. So far, as of this writing, there are 98.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Looks like Touhou Yomoyama News also published an article in English for the worldwide release of Touhou Lost Word. This is a first.
We may see more of their articles in English whenever they are relevant for an overseas audience.
https://touhou-project.news/news/1748/

Also, Unknown X will be sponsoring and be present at this years Indie Live Expo II on November 7.
We will likely see some ads and news regarding Touhou Danmaku Kagura.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Looks like Touhou Yomoyama News also published an article in English for the worldwide release of Touhou Lost Word. This is a first.
We may see more of their articles in English whenever they are relevant for an overseas audience.
https://touhou-project.news/news/1748/

Also, Unknown X will be sponsoring and be present at this years Indie Live Expo II on November 7.
We will likely see some ads and news regarding Touhou Danmaku Kagura.

What if Indie Live Expo is the equivalent of Minecraft Live and we'll be seeing Reimu be announced hours before it even began just like Steve?
I mean this is just my speculation.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What if Indie Live Expo is the equivalent of Minecraft Live and we'll be seeing Reimu be announced hours before it even began just like Steve?
I mean this is just my speculation.
The beginning of November seems a bit early for another reveal. I wouldn't bet on anything new until December at the very earliest.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
This idea suddenly popped on top of my head and I want to share with you guys all about it:

Is there a list of company and I mean big company that has collaborated with the Touhou series whether it's just publishing the fangames (Nintendo & Sony), make an official merchandise either as a collaboration (Sanrio), making a game with that brand (DeNA), or miscellaneous stuff like adding the fan remixes of the music to a rhythm game (Bandai Namco with Taiko no Tatsujin and Sega with Maimai)?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This idea suddenly popped on top of my head and I want to share with you guys all about it:

Is there a list of company and I mean big company that has collaborated with the Touhou series whether it's just publishing the fangames (Nintendo & Sony), make an official merchandise either as a collaboration (Sanrio), making a game with that brand (DeNA), or miscellaneous stuff like adding the fan remixes of the music to a rhythm game (Bandai Namco with Taiko no Tatsujin and Sega with Maimai)?
Sega's made some Touhou Figures and had some Initial D crossover

Touhou appeared in Square Enix's Lord of Vermillion 3

Touhou Music has appeared in various Konami Rhythm games including DDR and Pop'n Music

UFOtable has made some sort of crossover animation with Touhou and the mascots of a Japanese anime retail store. Far as I know, this is the most enigmatic Touhou thing since I'm pretty sure no real footage outside of this teaser exists.

These are some of the things I know of.

Top Bottom