• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Here's my idea for Reimu's stage. It's just Hakurei Shrine but since Gensokyo is home to so many powerful residents, it would show off the incidents that occur there. There's normal Gensokyo, the false moon from IN, the scarlet mist from EoSD, and the palanquin ship from UFO.

I think a Gensokyo Tour would be cool too, show off the Scarlet Devil Mansion and the Netherworld maybe.

gensokyo.png
gensokyo.png

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if hazards are on, a boss-like enemy related to those incidents could spawn, perhaps (E.g. Eirin or Kaguya for the fake moon, Remilia for the Scarlet Mist and Byakuren for the flying ship)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe if hazards are on, a boss-like enemy related to those incidents could spawn, perhaps (E.g. Eirin or Kaguya for the fake moon, Remilia for the Scarlet Mist and Byakuren for the flying ship)?
I REALLY like this idea. What would the music choices be though? (Oh goodness... getting into Touhou music for Ultimate... this'll be extensive...)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's my idea for Reimu's stage. It's just Hakurei Shrine but since Gensokyo is home to so many powerful residents, it would show off the incidents that occur there. There's normal Gensokyo, the false moon from IN, the scarlet mist from EoSD, and the palanquin ship from UFO.

I think a Gensokyo Tour would be cool too, show off the Scarlet Devil Mansion and the Netherworld maybe.

[SPOILER="Hakurei Shrine Mockup"[/SPOILER]
It's beautiful. Edit: mods come and please delete this.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 232767
It's beautiful.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It's fake sadly.
No more reason to display her name in katakana since we now have Hero aka Yuusha in kanji.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
yeah most likely fake but a very good fake. Don't think I have seen that Reimu render before either

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
Oh boy, we got a picture leak.
It's probably fake, but it's still worth noting

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472744331View attachment 233440
Whether it's fake or not, it gives me hopes that there's still people on the community taking Reimu seriously, to the point where they go out of their way to make a good render.

It's not over yet, we still have "two chances"; Touhou is popular, has a long history in the videogame industry, has music and everything you might want a franchise to have to make it worth for Smash Bros.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY like this idea. What would the music choices be though? (Oh goodness... getting into Touhou music for Ultimate... this'll be extensive...)
Going back to this, what if the music decides which incident occurs (a la Mementos)? Main character music (Reimu and Marisa's themes) will have no Incident, EoSD characters' themes (i.e. Remilia or Sakuya) would cause Scarlet Mist, PCB characters' themes (i.e. Youmu or Yuyuko) would cause Spring Snow, and so on and so forth?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Oddly enough, I found a couple more pics from likely the same guy. Just for fun, Here they are

Base color this time. Source is in the middle of a random Geno leak thread for some reason. Post #1 and Post #2

Guy seems determined to pass off a fake. I think A Ayumi Tachibana 's input is enough to kill it, but it does give a view of the whole roster which includes stacked Mii Fighters (with no stacked echoes) which is another hit (You can pass it off as Dev build bull ****, but That's a bit much of a stretch, imo). It's a nice touch to have had the flames different in all of the pictures though. At the very least it proves that it is not a static image, but means it's probably a mod.

My real question is why go through the trouble to put Reimu's name in Katakana when even the Touhou wiki has it in Kanji? I feel a rando 4chan anon would not have had the foresight to know all the Smash characters prior to Hero all used Katakana and, as far as I know, There's never been an occasion where Reimu's name was ever in Katakana (Unless it has been in some fan games or what not).

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well it is a pretty well made fake, and the guy out a lot of effort into it. If it is somehow true though, my mind would be blown. I do love the model they made for reimu

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
This is coming from the AoCF Switch leaker. The poster ID (of sort) matches.
Apparently Touhou for Smash rumor is really going around among doujin communities.
The leaker himself thinks the rumors are 70% fake but some are frequently said.

Reimu & Yukari are coming to Smash as a duo. Yukari's moves are from AoCF.
Yukari works like Arsene but she'll stay forever after Reimu earned certain damage %.
Reimu's projectile Yokai Buster has super long hitbox.
Sanae & Kanako are in too. Not sure they are a color swap or an echo.
The stage will be Seirensen (the ship from UFO).

Reimu with Yukari, Yokai Buster, and Seirensen part are rumored repeatedly according to the leaker.

http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1564768609/827

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well it is a pretty well made fake, and the guy out a lot of effort into it. If it is somehow true though, my mind would be blown. I do love the model they made for reimu
If there's one thing I want out of this, it's the render. I want to see it not in **** quality.

Apparently Touhou for Smash rumor is really going around among doujin communities.

Yukari works like Arsene but she'll stay forever after Reimu earned certain damage %.

Reimu with Yukari, Yokai Buster, and Seirensen part are rumored repeatedly according to the leaker.

My problem with this is that none of it is a safe "guess". At all. Shame 5ch has blocked all US traffic for the past few months so I can't see the actual post. lol

If I understand it all correctly, though, these are the rumors that are flying around the Touhou Doujin community, correct? With you last line being the bits of info repeated the most?

zferolie

Smash Hero

An interesting rumor, but why is 5chan blocked here?

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Oh, I didn't know 5chan is blocking US traffics.
The leaker was saying doujin community is very loose with upcoming stuffs. The creators are very open about their businesses,
The rumors are coming from Touhou music doujins close to ZUN apparently.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
An interesting rumor, but why is 5chan blocked here?
If I had to guess, they don't want any baka gaijins

Oh, I didn't know 5chan is blocking US traffics.
The leaker was saying doujin community is very loose with upcoming stuffs. The creators are very open about their businesses,
The rumors are coming from Touhou music doujins close to ZUN apparently.
Curiouser and curiouser... In any event, I used a JP proxy and managed to look a bit through what he said. Granted, I'm only able to use a machine translation, but it seems that he's done talking about it and doesn't want to get caught.

EDIT: Looks like this was posted by the guy and he deleted it. According to 4chan it's moveset and frame data.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

Curiouser and curiouser... In any event, I used a JP proxy and managed to look a bit through what he said. Granted, I'm only able to use a machine translation, but it seems that he's done talking about it and doesn't want to get caught.

EDIT: Looks like this was posted by the guy and he deleted it. According to 4chan it's moveset and frame data.

I don't think the pic is related to smash.
He uploaded it to show how loose things are there. This image is leaked from someone working with Touhou officials.

The concept of Reimu & Yukari is very interesting.
If the collab is specifically for AoCF, then it makes perfect sense.
Only thing bugs me is Sanae & Kanako part. I don't think they can work either as color swap or echo.
Which makes the rumor very fishy to me.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Very very interesting.... its odd for a Moveset to use Reimu and Yukari, but it would be unique, and be a homage to both the new fighting game and Imperrishable night.

He uploaded it to show how loose things are there. This image is leaked from someone working with Touhou officials.

Only thing bugs me is Sanae & Kanako part. I don't think they can work either as color swap or echo.
So this guy may have actual insider news huh? While I am a big shantae fan.. if Reimu gets in as our first Indie character, I wouldn't mind at all.

I think that Sanae and Kananko could just be a stage hazard, maybe an AT added(though I think it would be more likly if we did get an At it would be Marisa) Honestly I think its just a color swap to reflect that combo and the machine translasion is just off

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Got it. Had nothing to do with Smash.

This is exactly why I find it weird. If Sanae & Kanako are announced for the AoCF ports, maybe I'll think differently. I can somewhat understand Sanae as a Reimu Echo, but Kanako as a Yukari "echo" doesn't seem right to me unless it's like... a Ken type of Echo.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
What is this joke of a fake leak, lmao. I can't take these serious.
Just call them speculations in the first place, especially if you go for some wild, questionable choices.

Also Comiket is happening and Touhou Day is this Monday.
We will be getting Touhou 17 then~
I hope everyone enjoys the doujin goodness and the new entry to the series.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What would Reimu's Final Smash be if she got in? I haven't played any of the Touhou games so I'm just asking.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What would Reimu's Final Smash be if she got in? I haven't played any of the Touhou games so I'm just asking.
Probably one of her popular Spell Cards like Fantasy Seal or Fantasy Heaven. She'd basically pump the stage full of Danmaku bullets with pretty patterns.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Fantasy Heaven would probably make the most sense
I think it may come down to which style they choose in terms of mechanics and sprite design. If they stick with AoCF due to the switch port, then her last word is probably more likely though fantasy heaven could still work. Fantasy Heaven is most likely if they stick with Pre-HM design.

I wonder if they are willing to include multiple partner options if they decide to stick AoCF mechanics. Could either pick them from the current roster or put in some of the more popular Touhou characters from the fighting game like Marisa, Koishi, and Yukari. This is assuming they don’t try to design her in a way where she feels more like an OC than a Touhou rep.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Just to satiate my own curiosity, What do the Japanese think of the 'leak'?
This leak is not spreading much outside of 5ch so I only see their reactions and no one takes it seriously really.
They are sticking with ideas of Lloyd, Hunter, Crash or RE rep. Other than that, instant denial.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This leak is not spreading much outside of 5ch so I only see their reactions and no one takes it seriously really.
They are sticking with ideas of Lloyd, Hunter, Crash or RE rep. Other than that, instant denial.
Lol! Pretty much the same list of characters that most westerners think is very likely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Where do you guys think Reimu's chances for Smash stand out of all Japan exclusive characters? Do you think they wouldn't think of adding her because of barely anybody in the west not knowning who she is?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Where do you guys think Reimu's chances for Smash stand out of all Japan exclusive characters? Do you think they wouldn't think of adding her because of barely anybody in the west not knowning who she is?
Well, they added Hero whose fanbase is almost entirely Japanese.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Looks like fireden died, so I can't link the actual thread, but I did find something curious from November of last year earlier this week that I've been meaning to bring up.

caught my attention due to the notion of "Reimu is heavily rumored for Smash in Touhou music circles" being similar to the recent 5ch stuff. Really starting to make me wonder if there's an actual fire in that rumor. Now, I can't prove this post exists 100%, but if you google search the post number (439521594) you'll find a search result for one of the posts in the picture. Originally found it through another post.

I've been of the thought that if anything would help Reimu's chances in Smash, it's the success of Undertale. I'd argue that that game easily shows that Touhou has a fandom in the west.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Looks like fireden died, so I can't link the actual thread, but I did find something curious from November of last year earlier this week that I've been meaning to bring up.

caught my attention due to the notion of "Reimu is heavily rumored for Smash in Touhou music circles" being similar to the recent 5ch stuff. Really starting to make me wonder if there's an actual fire in that rumor. Now, I can't prove this post exists 100%, but if you google search the post number (439521594) you'll find a search result for one of the posts in the picture. Originally found it through another post.

I've been of the thought that if anything would help Reimu's chances in Smash, it's the success of Undertale. I'd argue that that game easily shows that Touhou has a fandom in the west.
Like that one 4chaner says, I wish we could get sources on this...

Top Bottom