• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
First the Joker + Version 3.0 Update Trailer
and now the first Info for Touhou 17.

The day couldnt get any better!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So far I have seen 3 Hakurei Shrine stages and a Scarlet devil mansion rooftop stage. How about you guys?

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Hundreds of Hakurei Shrines. About 8-10.
I also found several Scarlet Devil Mansions (4-5)
one Eientei Stage
one PCB Netherworld Stage (without grabbable ledges and Cherry Blossom Tree)
and quite some attempts to mimic bullet hell.

I hope people will come up with more cool stuff, and put effort into some good Stages, despite the limitations!

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I figured a Gensokyo Tour would be the ideal Touhou stage. It'd certainly be a means to represent the series' 23-year old history, by scrolling through the many locales Reimu and co. have visited over the years.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hundreds of Hakurei Shrines. About 8-10.
I also found several Scarlet Devil Mansions (4-5)
one Eientei Stage
one PCB Netherworld Stage (without grabbable ledges and Cherry Blossom Tree)
and quite some attempts to mimic bullet hell.

I hope people will come up with more cool stuff, and put effort into some good Stages, despite the limitations!
Did you search these in english or japanese? When i looked only saw a few yesterday

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
I attempted to make a Hakurei Shrine stage
It's kind of sucky but hey it works.
Also, ignore the fact that it's in space. The stage builder really needs an option to change the backgrounds.

Attachments

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I've believed the Fighters Pass needed at least one default female.
Reimu is my most wanted of all females eligible for the DLC.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Anytime a new incident happens.

though i feel she may react the same way to a smash invite lol

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
58 番組の途中ですがアフィサイトへの転載は禁止です (ドコグロ MM71-G+PC) sage 2019/04/27(土) 14:00:15.18 ID:bGOXrRH0M
狭い界隈だけど東方のZUNさんにあってお話したわ
PS4とSwitchに格ゲーの方移植とスマブラにゴニョゴニョ…みたいな話聞いちゃった
https://leia.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/poverty/1556340765/58

So this post was getting some attention and I decided to share it here just for a talk.
A random 5ch post again but this one is from one of general news board, not from gaming boards or leak threads like other 5chan leaks. It was posted in a thread about Nico Nico Chokaigi 2019.

The post says;
It's a small circle of communities that I'm in though but I met and talked with ZUN of Touhou.
And I heard stories like a fighting game port coming to PS4 and Switch and something Smash is mumble mumble...

And now we know Touhou Hyouibana is coming to PS4.

But the tweet announcing PS4 port was on 26th and the 5chan post above was on 27th.
So this could very possible be fake however if we really get Switch port too then things will be quite interesting.

Last edited:

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
58 番組の途中ですがアフィサイトへの転載は禁止です (ドコグロ MM71-G+PC) sage 2019/04/27(土) 14:00:15.18 ID:bGOXrRH0M
狭い界隈だけど東方のZUNさんにあってお話したわ
PS4とSwitchに格ゲーの方移植とスマブラにゴニョゴニョ…みたいな話聞いちゃった
https://leia.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/poverty/1556340765/58

So this post was getting some attention and I decided to share it here just for a talk.
A random 5ch post again but this one is from one of general news board, not from gaming boards or leak threads like other 5chan leaks. It was posted in a thread about Nico Nico Chokaigi 2019.

The post says;

And now we know Touhou Hyouibana is coming to PS4.

But the tweet announcing PS4 port was on 26th and the 5chan post above was on 27th.
So this could very possible be fake however if we really get Switch port too then things will be quite interesting.
Watch as it turns out to be real.
But Reimu isn't actually DLC, rather it refers to Touhou Mii Costumes and nothing more.

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
Watch as it turns out to be real.
But Reimu isn't actually DLC, rather it refers to Touhou Mii Costumes and nothing more.
Be it a Mii Costume, an Assist Trophy or even a Spirit, I think we're already gaining something if Touhou is somehow recognized in Smash

zferolie

Smash Hero
9 times out of 10 chan leaks are fake, but we always hope they could be real. I will wait and see but i do hope touhou somehow gets some rep in smash, given just how influential it is to the japanese indie market, and has inspired many japanese programmers.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
It'll be really cool if the leak is real, but for now, I'm more concerned and excited by the fact that AoCF is getting a console port at all.

When ULiL was ported to PS4, it got a port-exclusive character in Reisen. And AoCF seems like it prepared for the same scenario, if that empty space on the character select screen is anything to go by. Who do you guys reckon it'll end up being?

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
It'll be really cool if the leak is real, but for now, I'm more concerned and excited by the fact that AoCF is getting a console port at all.
When ULiL was ported to PS4, it got a port-exclusive character in Reisen. And AoCF seems like it prepared for the same scenario, if that empty space on the character select screen is anything to go by. Who do you guys reckon it'll end up being?

It depends on if they want to link it in to any of the upcoming material that isn't already linked (So VFiS or WB&WC. WaHH is already linked to the fighting games via Kasen).

If they do, then the most likely candidates are one of the following, due to being featured in said upcoming works, are as follows:

-Hecatia Lapislazuli
-Clownpiece
-Eternity Larva
-The Fairies of Light (Sunny Milk, Luna Child and Star Sapphire)
-Cirno
-Okina Matara
-Youmu Konpaku

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I would love for a fighting game to have tewi in it. I backed that kickstarter one that got cancled and chose Tewi as the character to get put in

MasterRosie

Smash Journeyman
Hello!
Just breezed by from the Lip support group. I know I might be late to the punch and I don’t know that much about Touhou, but I really dig Reimu’s design and I think getting her in would be helpful for both of us, and she’d be a breath of fresh air for the Smash series.
Smash is lacking in the eastern magical girl department, and since Lip’s a spirit, (even tho we don’t know for sure if Spirits deconfirm) Reimu is the next big hope for me since she at least has more of a presence here in the west than Lip. I’d also prefer her as an indie bullet hell rep over Cuphead since she’s been around way longer. Consider me a supporter of her. I also want to get more into Touhou myself at some point.

zferolie

Smash Hero
AoCF for switch just got confirmed during Play,Doujin! livestream.
Really? Cool. Any new fighters? Also any news on that racing game? I know they said more stuff was going to be added to the switch port of it but no news in months...

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
And with AoCF being confirmed for Switch, the very final wall between Reimu and Smash (presence on Nintendo) has been broken down.

Even if she doesn't get in as DLC, it's now incredibly likely for her to get into Smash 6 whenever it decides to roll around.

Also, that 5chan leak is looking very appealing right now.

Last edited:

SpadeOfTheRedScarves

Smash Rookie
And with AoCF being confirmed for Switch, the very final wall between Reimu and Smash (presence on Nintendo) has been broken down.

Even if she doesn't get in as DLC, it's now incredibly likely for her to get into Smash 6 whenever it decides to roll around.

How? Wasn't it already proven fake?

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
How? Wasn't it already proven fake?
You can't prove something fake if there's nothing TO prove fake. It was just a post that mentioned PS4 and Switch versions of a fighting game, alongside Smash. So far none of that has been disconfirmed.

Yes, it probably is still fake. It was some anonymous guy with no credibility on 5chan, after all. But it was never proven fake. That's my point.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Edit: whoops. For some reason I hit the reply button instead of the edit one. Bit of an issue with the mobile interface

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah guys, we cant say this leak is real at all just because it got the guess right of a swor h port of this game. It is a big step though as its the first offical game in the series on the switch, though Joker and cloud got in without a main game of theirs on a nintendo system so...

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
AoCF for switch just got confirmed during Play,Doujin! livestream.
I'm very happy with this. First official game to be on a Nintendo console, right? Reimu in Smash is just a few steps away!

But will it have a physical copy tho? I hope it does, but I'll be fine with just digital as well

SirHenri

Smash Rookie
a physical edition is possible but i doubt it will go outside japan
(did touhou 14.5 ps4 got a physical edition?)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I think so as well.
With an official Touhou game on a Nintendo console, Reimu has nothing obstructing her inclusion to Smash. I do believe that support for Reimu might increase a lot in the next Smash game if she doesn't get in as DLC for Ultimate, mostly because a lot people are going to take her chances more seriously now. It's a doujin series that has been ongoing for over 20 years with more than 25 official games. It's legacy and popularity has withstood the test of time. The doujin scene as we know it has grown big thanks to the Touhou series. And to top it all off the games are made by one guy, ZUN. This is a true indie success story.
Don't sleep on the shrine maiden, she's become a dark horse pick for Smash now.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The demo for Wily Beast and Weakest Creature came out recently. Has anyone else in here tried it out?

SirHenri

Smash Rookie
i did

really nice gimmick, i was afraid to have a ufo-like one but it is not

and the music are nice

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
The demo for Wily Beast and Weakest Creature came out recently. Has anyone else in here tried it out?
I did day 1

My first impressions:
-All the new 2hus are very cute, especially Ebisu Eika, the first stage boss
-Stage 2 boss theme and stage 3 theme were really nice
-Otter ghost is pretty broken

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
The demo was fun. I love the chicken (Kutaka) and I look forward to the memes about her. I would have to say that my favorite ghost combo at the moment is Youmu + otter. I just hope Kasen appears in the full game in some capacity, preferably as the extra stage boss.

AoCF on the Switch? Heck yes! This doesn't increase Reimu's chances for DLC, but I'll take it, dang-it. Now if only we get a danmaku game on the Switch. That would be a true blessing.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Reimu just made it to the top 50 on sourcegamings dlc poll. Thats quite good for a pretty niche character outside of japan

Last edited:
Top Bottom