• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
Umm... Guess what just got leaked on 4chan:

View attachment 183344

This wouldn't hold any credit by itself. However, the Granblue Fantasy fighting game that it talks about was only announced a couple days ago. When was this posted? December 11th. And unlike the LaPailleDor leak, this one is 100% real. I saw it myself.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
*Nervious yet excited shaking*

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Been lurking around this forum and advocating for Reimu on other sites (Such as the Smash Subreddit, where I even made a theoretical moveset for the girl herself), and I finally decided to get around to signing up to this forum for the sole purpose of officially giving my support for Reimu on this thread. Reimu's been one of my top picks for Smash ever since I got into Touhou Project in the first place.

So uh... yeah. Put me on THE LIST.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
So...What tracks would you want Reimu to bring with her, if she was one of the DLC characters?
There are too many to choose from, but one thing I definitely want the most is EVERY TRACK IN SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM.
Especially Green-Eyed Jealousy and 3rd Eye. If those two make it in, I'll crank their chances up in My Music and only play on the Touhou stage forever.

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
Umm... Guess what just got leaked on 4chan:

View attachment 183344

This wouldn't hold any credit by itself. However, the Granblue Fantasy fighting game that it talks about was only announced a couple days ago. When was this posted? December 11th. And unlike the LaPailleDor leak, this one is 100% real. I saw it myself.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
As someone already said, the Grandblue game was already a rumor, and Joker had already been confirmed, so Reimu is the only surprising leak here, assuming this wasn't just a mistake by the poster. The way it's written is like he/she's talking about things already confirmed, so it doesn't sound like an intended leak.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
New supporters:

71. pikachujedi
72. LinkofEvil
73. Tabbender
74. shinyspheal

(I'm assuming Neosonic97 is 70, BTW)

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Merry Christmas, everyone.

Comiket is on in only a few days, so we might be seeing some Touhou-related announcements there. Most likely Touhou 17. I'm still hopeful that it might be a bit more than that, though, if you know what I mean. *CoughCoughSwitchPortsOfTouhouGamesCoughCoughReimuInSmashCoughCough*

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman

Comiket is on in only a few days, so we might be seeing some Touhou-related announcements there. Most likely Touhou 17. I'm still hopeful that it might be a bit more than that, though, if you know what I mean. *CoughCoughSwitchPortsOfTouhouGamesCoughCoughReimuInSmashCoughCough*
Nintendo hasn't announced they are going to be at Comiket did they?

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet

I highly doubt we will be getting a Smash reveal there, as Sakurai has stated in an interview that Joker isn't at a state of being playable yet, why would they announce another character that would most likely be less finished there.

Though i due feel that Touhou on switch can happen. I feel like the most we would get for Smash is maybe ZUN dropping some hints about her inclusion.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt we will be getting a Smash reveal there, as Sakurai has stated in an interview that Joker isn't at a state of being playable yet, why would they announce another character that would most likely be less finished there.

Though i due feel that Touhou on switch can happen. I feel like the most we would get for Smash is maybe ZUN dropping some hints about her inclusion.
They could do a cinematic teaser like they did with joker. Heck all they have to do is show a picture of Reimu holding a smash invite.

But what makes me think its unlikely is the fact Nintendo hasnt announced their presence at comiket.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Nintendo will not attend Comiket.
As Comiket is an event all about doujin. While Nintendo and Super Smash Bros. is like, all commercial.

A grassroots, DIY event focused on the sale of self-published dōjin, Comiket is a not-for-profit, volunteer-run event administered by the Comic Market Preparatory Committee

Last edited:

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
They could do a cinematic teaser like they did with joker. Heck all they have to do is show a picture of Reimu holding a smash invite.

But what makes me think its unlikely is the fact Nintendo hasnt announced their presence at comiket.
That is true, however. I don't think they would announce two characters that aren't ready to be shown off that close in proximity to each other. At that point, you might as well announce all of them like that. I would wait until around the point where Joker would be ready to be shown off for another character to be announced.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo will not attend Comiket.
As Comiket is an event all about doujin. While Nintendo and Super Smash Bros. is like, all commercial.
I agree. Expecting a Smash-related news out of Comiket is like expecting Shantae Smash reveal in a Nindies showcase.

It's not what it's about, and it won't be fair for the hard-working independent doujin circles attended to the event.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Expecting a Smash-related news out of Comiket is like expecting Shantae Smash reveal in a Nindies showcase.

It's not what it's about, and it won't be fair for the hard-working independent doujin circles attended to the event.
Or expecting a Joker reveal at the Game Awards? Seriously I don't think most people attending the event would mind.

This is totally unfair comparison the Nindies showcase was about INDIES so suspecting a INDIE character MIGHT be released at an INDIE event was not unreasonable.

Reimu won't be announced at comiket solely for the reason that Nintendo hasn't announced they are going. Nothing more.

Last edited:

frostare

Smash Rookie
Reimu? There's strong Reimu love in this forum? I... TTwTT

Oh but definitely, let's see her seal away some youkai chumps. =P

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Comiket doesn't seem to have given us anything of note. I wasn't able to find info about literally anything Touhou related, let alone something that would help her chances. Oof. Guess our next chance for anything big is at Reitaisai.

Also, new supporter:

75. Jedimess

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Or expecting a Joker reveal at the Game Awards? Seriously I don't think most people attending the event would mind.

This is totally unfair comparison the Nindies showcase was about INDIES so suspecting a INDIE character MIGHT be released at an INDIE event was not unreasonable.

Reimu won't be announced at comiket solely for the reason that Nintendo hasn't announced they are going. Nothing more.
Dude, it's not that Nintendo didn't announce that they won't be attending to Comiket; Nintendo or any other gaming companies should NEVER be on Comiket. A big corporation like them has no place in such a doujin-centered event. It's kinda like celebrities running Youtube channels. This is not a platform for them to exploit.

And come on, everyone would mind if Nintendo was there. Imagine if you're an independent doujin circle, whose only chance to appeal to a larger audience is Comiket, and a big corporation comes in and overshadows you. People will not be happy about that.

Last edited:

Redblur

Smash Rookie
Add me to that list, yo. Since shovel knight showed up as an assist trophy I've had the strongest feeling she would show up in Ultimate as a playable character. I'm banking on that 100%. REIMU is coming. Also Reitaisai or Comiket, Nintendo does announcements as Directs and that wouldn't interfere with Comiket at all cus people could just tune into the direct on their phones.

It's also wild that the only thing to get me to post on this site was Reimu.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Add me to that list, yo. Since shovel knight showed up as an assist trophy I've had the strongest feeling she would show up in Ultimate as a playable character. I'm banking on that 100%. REIMU is coming. Also Reitaisai or Comiket, Nintendo does announcements as Directs and that wouldn't interfere with Comiket at all cus people could just tune into the direct on their phones.

It's also wild that the only thing to get me to post on this site was Reimu.
First off, welcome! Reimu's support base seems to be growing bigger everyday, and I'm super happy

And second, yeah, we shouldn't really expect anything to be announced AT Comiket (Even though it's over now). We should really only be looking at the Directs. Game Awards was a special occasion, and it is already known that companies tend to announce things there, so

I will have to say tho that I think if there's ever a Japan-exclusive Direct, Reimu's chances would skyrocket, since she's much more well known over there.

Last edited:

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
If we get anything from Comiket. I bet it will go something like this
* Zun walks on stage
* Hey bois the touhou is going to be on the switcheses but we also have something else planned but we can't say it lul
* Zun walks away.
* Convention blows up
(Sorry if this feels kinda trashposty, i just wanted to put a comedic spin on how i think it would go.

Last edited:

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
According to Gaming INTEL, a group/person that has predicted Nintendo Directs before, a new one is going to happen in January 10th. Let's hope they at least show something for Smash.

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
According to Gaming INTEL, a group/person that has predicted Nintendo Directs before, a new one is going to happen in January 10th. Let's hope they at least show something for Smash.
All we should be expecting is a release date for Piranha Plant. As Joker probably won't be remotely close to done by the time the direct is finished.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Shower thought:
I feel like Zun really needs to appear in some form or another in Reimu's reveal trailer if it ever happens. Idk, just let him appear at the end, watching the trailer just like us on his computer while sipping some beer

Then again, now that I think about it, Nintendo would never let him drink on air, so what's the point of having a cameo of him

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Not necessarily Smash related, think of this being for Touhou and Non-Smash first and foremost, but let this still sink in and make your own opinion on it.
Source of the information is the recent Nikenme Radio AI event (Japanese)

- First thing, there will be some older Touhou games that will be released on Steam, starting the the most recent ones. (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, Impossible Spell Card, and Double Dealing Character.)
- Release for Summer Comiket 2019 will likely be a new spin-off release (Touhou 16.7)
- Reitaisai in 2020 that will be hosted in Shizuoka at the Twin Messe
- (Most likely related to the next game rather than other future plans) ZUN also talks about how things might change a bit, and some fans might get mad, or that there could be a divide amongst certain fans. His wording is really ambiguous and he acknowledges that he says stuff like this all the time so who knows.

Last edited:

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
Shower thought:
I feel like Zun really needs to appear in some form or another in Reimu's reveal trailer if it ever happens. Idk, just let him appear at the end, watching the trailer just like us on his computer while sipping some beer

Then again, now that I think about it, Nintendo would never let him drink on air, so what's the point of having a cameo of him
They could probably just have him drink Root Beer instead. And then just have this really crude label that says "Root Beer" on it, so that we know that it is in fact not beer.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily Smash related, think of this being for Touhou and Non-Smash first and foremost, but let this still sink in and make your own opinion on it.

- First thing, there will be some older Touhou games that will be released on Steam, starting the the most recent ones. (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, Impossible Spell Card, and Double Dealing Character.)
- Release for Summer Comiket 2019 will likely be a new spin-off release (Touhou 16.7)
- (Most likely related to the next game rather than other future plans) ZUN also talks about how things might change a bit, and some fans might get mad, or that there could be a divide amongst certain fans. His wording is really ambiguous and he acknowledges that he says stuff like this all the time so who knows.
Heard about the Steam thing. Very happy about it. Seriously, I live in a country literally right next to Japan and it's almost ****ing impossible to get those games physically.

And I'm not too concerned about "the change".... It's Zun, it's probably not a huge deal, and I trust his guts.
Although if it's a significant LORE change, I'm a little bit scared....? Fairly recently Forbidden Scrollery kinda had that... Well, it was more of a "revelation" than a "change", but still... I don't think I'm emotionally prepared to be shocked tbh.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice

This is quite interesting info. For one, the games coming to Steam is nice. It really seems like ZUN wants his games to be accessible to the largest audience it could possibly reach.

A little disappointed that we'll have to wait until August for the next game, and it's not even 17, but I can be patient until then. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

And this talk of a divide amongst certain fans is making me a bit nervous. I really hope it's not a significant lore change like nintenplayer mentioned. I REALLY hope it's not another hard reset to the canon like what happened to PC-98 (though I don't think we have to worry about this too much. He's put far too much effort into making this version of Gensokyo, that he doesn't have any reason to drop it now). However, what I do think it might just be, is an end to the STG style of Touhou. The new games might end up fitting into a completely different genre of game. And I can certainly see why ZUN might think this could divide the fans. Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about this idea, but I'll accept anything that happens, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and I reposted this over to the Reimu support thread on GameFAQs. One user there thinks it might be the introduction of a major male character. Now that's something that could certainly "Divide" fans. Could be. Could be.

Oh, and new supporter, BTW.

78. kuuroba

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Like i said on GF, the change could be killing off characters for good. But who knows, ZUN isn´t the most predictable guy...

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Like i said on GF, the change could be killing off characters for good. But who knows, ZUN isn´t the most predictable guy...
Killing off characters, huh? Maybe Touhou's timeline will no longer be floating, and some human characters might die of old age....

But that would be the worst case scenario personally. The characters is one of the best things about Touhou, and I will most definitely be sad if even one of them is gone... :( Well, maybe except for the Aki sisters /s

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Saw an amusing post over on the Reimu support thread on GameFAQs comparing Reimu to Richter.

Capture.PNG

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is Reimu’s day in the RTC thread come show your support.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
The Rate their Chances Thread is here

If you have time and are up for it, You can post your honest thoughts on her chances, much you want her in percentages, and some words on why she should or wouldnt be in~ But I bet most of you already know how all that works on this site.

Theres probably going to be a lot of people just going "literallywho"
Be wary as I already saw some people going "Its just a bunch of lolis" without doing any research. Thats the kind of people that make me sick to be honest.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Theres probably going to be a lot of people just going "literallywho"
Be wary as I already saw some people going "Its just a bunch of lolis" without doing any research. Thats the kind of people that make me sick to be honest.
Word. I said it in my post on that exact thread, but it really makes me hurt as a fan when Reimu gets assumed as a mere "anime waifu bait" of some sorts by someone who apparently can use Smashboards but not Google or Wikipedia.

I mean, it's perfectly okay to not be interested in Touhou, but you at least gotta have some respect for its fans who exist by the way.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well: allow me to just say that out of all the options I could have picked for a potential pipe dream pick, I decided to make Reimu that pick as I honestly want her to be playable in Ultimate, but it really depends on what can be done to get her in. Beyond that, I do have quite the appreciation for Touhou after playing Scarlet Curiosity. Sure, Reimu didn't star as the main character in that game (she appears as a cameo in one of the levels), but that doesn't change the fact she's one of my favorite Touhou characters on par with Marisa (heck, I even own plushies of them that I bought at a convention if that's anything to go by).

Feel free to add me to the supporter list!

Last edited:
Top Bottom