• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Lynion

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking in this forum for quite a bit after seeing papa genos's vid about the reimu leak and i think reimu will be quite fun to use in smash soo...
Time to give my support for getting Reimu into smash
put me in the support list up there also :D

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty much afraid if we didn't make the cut in the end. I don't want to disappoint everyone here, but...don't set your hopes too high. It's gonna bite you all back harder than the Grinch leak.

Lynion

Smash Rookie
Not hoping that much since everyone cannot decide whether reimu gets into smash except sakurai

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much afraid if we didn't make the cut in the end. I don't want to disappoint everyone here, but...don't set your hopes too high. It's gonna bite you all back harder than the Grinch leak.
You underestimate my power. This last character slot will be a duo as a big suprise to anyone. 2 Characters in one slot!
Marisa makes her big appearance as ZUN wouldn't allow the literal icon of all mainline Touhou games to be left out in the cold.

Vierloir

Smash Rookie
Honestly can't believe I made an acc just for this. Been lurking here and on the newcomer thread as well ever since the doujin leak. So while I still don't fully commit to her inclusion, i'd be more than happy to give her my support.

D

Deleted member

Honestly can't believe I made an acc just for this. Been lurking here and on the newcomer thread as well ever since the doujin leak. So while I still don't fully commit to her inclusion, i'd be more than happy to give her my support.
Pretty much every other person like you was lurking here. I was just like you back then, until I decided to let my want for a female DLC character be known...and here's to me betting on Reimu for that slot.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
It makes me genuinely happy to see so many people coming out in support of Reimu recently. I remember when Ultimate was first revealed and I joked to my mate "wouldn't it be funny if Reimu got into Smash?" To think we're at a point where it might not only be highly possible, but we're now also at a point where countless people are now starting to back her even if they hadn't heard much about the series before. Christ I'll be happy as hell to introduce so many new people to the series if she gets in, it'll be perfect too since Antimony of Common Flowers is getting released on the Switch as well.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Narp

Smash Cadet

Gensou Skydrift for Switch finally got a release date, and it's December 12

Coincidently, that is my birthday, so.... This is shaping up to be the best birthday gift I'll ever receive
Nice!

Oh yeah, Luna Nights is also coming to the Switch. Heard there's also gonna be a Switch-exclusive boss added. No word on the release date yet though, as far as I know.

D

Deleted member

Gensou Skydrift for Switch finally got a release date, and it's December 12

Coincidently, that is my birthday, so.... This is shaping up to be the best birthday gift I'll ever receive
Didn't see any Smash comments in the tweets, so it's kinda shaping up to be a good release.

Out of who're in the cards right now, Reimu is definitely the one I want the most. I support~!
The stars are bright and shining...

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Nice!

Oh yeah, Luna Nights is also coming to the Switch. Heard there's also gonna be a Switch-exclusive boss added. No word on the release date yet though, as far as I know.
Ugh, depending on how much content the Switch gets I might buy it again. Really don't like exclusive stuff. I'm still a bit irked that Reisen was a PS4 exclusive for the Playstation in ULiL.

Narp

Smash Cadet
Ugh, depending on how much content the Switch gets I might buy it again. Really don't like exclusive stuff. I'm still a bit irked that Reisen was a PS4 exclusive for the Playstation in ULiL.
Yep, I could do without the version exclusive bonuses. Just hope they bring it back over to PC eventually.

Still gonna get the Switch version just to give them more money though.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If Reimu herself (somehow) doesn't convince you, the prospect of Smash composers doing an U.N. Owen remix certainly should.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If Reimu herself (somehow) doesn't convince you, the prospect of Smash composers doing an U.N. Owen remix certainly should.
Honestly, that's kind of a crapshoot for me. Smash has put out some great songs, but the... 'smashification' process has left other arrangements somewhat flat or otherwise lacking in charm, IMO. This is why I am more interested in the prospect of them reaching out to get some new doujin music arrangements more than seeing the in-house stuff (though the results of that still have wildly-varied potential, granted).

Unfortunately, it's unlikely we'll ever get something like a WAVE arrangement in Smash since it wouldn't likely be deemed 'fitting' for battle, but that would be the dream.

All that said, I am curious what Yoko Shimomura would do if set upon Touhou. She always has my attention...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Still laugh at the “fitting for battle” thing for the music when they put literal nature sounds as a BGM in a smash game.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Still laugh at the “fitting for battle” thing for the music when they put literal nature sounds as a BGM in a smash game.
I found it slightly amusing when the reason they gave for not focusing on music associated with Terry was that it 'didn't suit the tone of battle'.
A fighting game character's themes... don't match the tone of fighting...

Granted, we got a much better selection out of the deal, so that's pretty great, but it was just an amusing reinforcement of an unfortunate 'standard'.

Last edited:

ABC Swoops

Smash Rookie
On the topic of music, what would Reimu's victory theme be? I'm thinking a shortened version of Theme of Eastern Story would be fitting since it's basically the theme song of the series, though any of her themes could work too.

I usually don't beat main series Touhou games, so for all I know she may already have a consistent "victory theme" and this question is just stupid.

D019

Smash Cadet
On the topic of music, what would Reimu's victory theme be? I'm thinking a shortened version of Theme of Eastern Story would be fitting since it's basically the theme song of the series, though any of her themes could work too.

I usually don't beat main series Touhou games, so for all I know she may already have a consistent "victory theme" and this question is just stupid.
either
Today's Front Page Headline
or
Touhou 3 - Music #20 - You Win...
or if she can get the infinite music ala cloud
Score Screen

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Regarding my take on the leak... well I'm 50/50 on it. I don't trust it but I'm not ready to shoot it down. It's generally harder to get me on board with leaks that I want to be true, just because I'm really not ready for the burn.

D

Deleted member

Regarding my take on the leak... well I'm 50/50 on it. I don't trust it but I'm not ready to shoot it down. It's generally harder to get me on board with leaks that I want to be true, just because I'm really not ready for the burn.
It's advised not to walk into anything you're sure to get disappointed with in the end.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing some official Smash arranges of Touhou music, that sounds like it'd be a dream come true to see. Honestly, the biggest thing for me would be a vocal arrange of Bad Apple done by the singer of Lifelight, I mentioned it previously but that would feel like the best ****ing thing ever honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing some official Smash arranges of Touhou music, that sounds like it'd be a dream come true to see. Honestly, the biggest thing for me would be a vocal arrange of Bad Apple done by the singer of Lovelight, I mentioned it previously but that would feel like the best ****ing thing ever honestly.
I'd think that they would get a different singer for that...

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
I'd think that they would get a different singer for that...
Oh whoops- Fixed in edit, ahah. I just love the idea a lot since I remember seeing fan-creations of Bad Apple with smash characters years and years ago, having the track at least be in Smash would feel so surreal yet so perfect to me.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
I'm personally leaning 90% towards fake on the rumor. Separate the character from the leak. Judge the leak independently from the character. People often believe in leaks out of hope, but it's better to channel that hope into the character's chances instead.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing some official Smash arranges of Touhou music, that sounds like it'd be a dream come true to see. Honestly, the biggest thing for me would be a vocal arrange of Bad Apple done by the singer of Lifelight, I mentioned it previously but that would feel like the best ****ing thing ever honestly.
Get me Susan Calloway!
While we're at it grab Masayoshi Soken for some of the arrangements.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That would be next-level amazing. If she were to get in, I'd love for that to happen.

Vierloir

Smash Rookie
Leaks normally don't intrigue me but out of eveything else i've seen, this has one has somehow got me convinced. I'm not saying it's real, it just has rather different and more plausible situations than what i'd usually expect out of other leaks imo.

1. Only 1 eosd ost. This may just be me having grown off through eosd soundtracks but despite having septette and beloved tomboyish out of the list, both of which are extremely popular in and outside of the fanbase means they won't just be catering to newer fans and giving the more underrated and better soundtracks a chance to be listened by everyone, which I believe something ZUN would do. Although many have stated there could be more in the form of ZUN originals but only time can tell.

2. Namedropping the circle's name. I legit went in shock knowing one of my favorite orchestral circle's are composing for smash but stating their name even if the leak was fake was a very risky move as they could have gotten themselves in trouble of being found out, which led me to hoping this could be fake.

3. Leak is still intact. From what i've seen from other leaks, they get disproven after a week or two. Ours has no words on it yet leading me to believe in two ways: it could have been dismissed entirely, with no other words on it it's better to just say the leak is dead, or it's real(?) and they're just keeping the information to themselves to avoid further leakage.

I'll be on the neutral side on this one, part of me says its real and the other wants it to be fake. I want to keep a low expectation to avoid disappointment and maintain hype if it does happen.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
The thing with the Doujin Rumor is that it's both harder to disprove than most leaks and there may not be enough interest to investigate it.

The only claim that relates to Smash is that Doujin circles are working on music for Smash. It doesn't have anything concrete related to Smash that can really be used to support it or be used against it. The only way we could verify it is if datamining found Touhou songs credited to the doujin circle, but that would be damning evidence instead of just supporting evidence. Sabi, Vergeben, and any other western leakers probably have limited, if any, connections to the Doujin circles so that would also make it harder to verify.

And even if they did have the means to look into it, they may prioritize the investigation of other characters first. It took a second occurence of Grinch through the Mii Costume leak for Sabi to check with his source and find the costumes were not related to fighter 5. The Doujin Rumor does not have enough traction in the Smash community to motivate leakers to look into it.

As it stands, the Doujin Rumor largely lies in a still state. It is unlikely we'll see any updates on it from any leakers or anyone else. We're not going to see things that outright debunk it, so we should be asking what parts of it, if any, are believable. I personally just see it as a text leak. I need more to go on before I can believe it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'll be on the neutral side on this one, part of me says its real and the other wants it to be fake. I want to keep a low expectation to avoid disappointment and maintain hype if it does happen.
>Wants the leak to be fake so that Reimu's fate remains a Smash urban legend in limbo
>Wants to be surprised if it turns out to be real

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I still think it's fake, for what it's worth; while all the photo analysis and whatnot is neat, the similarities are still fundamentally suspicious to me. Plus, the fact that the leaker was openly speculating on stuff like Yukari and possibly trying to pass it off as real smells funny.

cwbaaa

Smash Cadet
I still think it's fake, for what it's worth; while all the photo analysis and whatnot is neat, the similarities are still fundamentally suspicious to me. Plus, the fact that the leaker was openly speculating on stuff like Yukari and possibly trying to pass it off as real smells funny.
Oh, I certainly agree. Fact of the matter is that it's entirely possible the image was run through a program to remove compression artifacts. I don't think the image can really be used as evidence for much of anything. And from what I understand about the Yukari thing is that there were also rumors that she may be involved in the moveset and our leaker said she'll function like Arsene. I wouldn't be surprised if these rumors were not independent of each other.

I find a lot of things here to be skeptical about, but I don't think we'll be seeing much more that will change the status of this one.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Luna Nights got announced for the Xbox Game Pass.
What a wild time we're living in to see Touhou on Xbox.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Luna Nights got announced for the Xbox Game Pass.
What a wild time we're living in to see Touhou on Xbox.
Luna Nights is fantastic. Fangames like that are the best possible brand ambassadors for Touhou. That reminds me, I need to check out Gensokyo Night Festival.

Top Bottom