• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shows that should be cancelled/Shows that should come back on the air

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?

CANCEL EVERY NON-CARTOON SHOW AND BRING BACK EVERY CN ORIGINAL TO CARTOON NETWORK.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Cancel: Everything on Cartoon Network (CN) excluding Chowder, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ben 10 (+AF), and Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Those are probably the Top 4 decent shows currently on air, if there are any at this point among the pitiful mess that wastes air time these days.
And especially cancel CN Real. That ruins the freakin' purpose of the network and only shows desperation, in this case. You might as well title the network "the new Fox Kids, only lame". :mad:

Bring back: NARUTO, ONE PIECE, more POKEMON reruns/eps, and more DRAGON BALL/Z/GT? reruns. And all the CN originals, as a previous poster said. WTF is wrong with you, CN? CN was an idiot for cancelling Naruto and One Piece and replacing them with crap.
CN, if you have to remove the shows I said to exclude from cancellation, DO IT. I (and probably many other Naruto fans) would take Naruto over "Ben 10" any day (including fillers). Not all of us can get Viz's DVDs, you know!

^Actually, bring back Toonami! And Teen Titans.

Introduce: More anime. Bring Digimon to the network. You might as well, since Disney doesn't care about it now. And who else is going to air it, anyway? Plus, get FMA: Brotherhood to Adult Swim (which actually fares slightly better with its content).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bring back Animaniacs.

Cancel all anime.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You forgot Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, and The Powerpuff Girls. :mad:

Toonami most certainly does need to return.

EDIT: I miss NickToons... :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sigh...

funi should have dubbed one piece before 4kids

funi's dub of one piece, just like their other dubs, is so good

Scott!

Smash Lord
Lots of cartoon love here. Not that they aren't good, though.

Should be resurrected: Pushing Daisies. Such an amazing, original, quirky show, but the writer's strike killed it. I also think it's a bit too out there for one of the main channels like ABC. I think cable is where it would have flourished, and wrote to USA telling them to pick it up, but of course, that did nothing.

Should be killed where it stands: The Mentalist. On USA, there are two amazing shows known as Monk and Psych. Both are unique and amazing. But The Mentalist just combines both shows and removes the quirks of the two main characters. Instead, we get this boring, smooth, suave guy. As if mainstream TV can't handle an OCD man or the main character of Psych.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Lots of cartoon love here. Not that they aren't good, though.

Should be resurrected: Pushing Daisies. Such an amazing, original, quirky show, but the writer's strike killed it. I also think it's a bit too out there for one of the main channels like ABC. I think cable is where it would have flourished, and wrote to USA telling them to pick it up, but of course, that did nothing.

Should be killed where it stands: The Mentalist. On USA, there are two amazing shows known as Monk and Psych. Both are unique and amazing. But The Mentalist just combines both shows and removes the quirks of the two main characters. Instead, we get this boring, smooth, suave guy. As if mainstream TV can't handle an OCD man or the main character of Psych.
I love Monk!

Also, I miss the good old FOXBOX days on saturday mornings back in 03. Before 4kids bought their rights. I miss Kirby and Sonic lol.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I also wish "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" aired new episodes. It never got old for me, and it probably never would.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
Cancel: 4 kids shows, (it made me to begin hate sonic because of sonic X ), Johnny Test, Mighty Bee or actually all cartoons on cartoon network

Air again: Initial D (english version at adult swim, i wanted to see it atleast in english dam tokyopop), Rugrats,Edd,Ed n Eddy, Johnny Bravo (put it back to cartoon network)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Chowder and Flapjack are acceptable imo, they actually have their moments. They should stay.

Someone should e-mail this to the guys at CN. :laugh:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Cancel: Everything on Cartoon Network (CN) excluding Chowder, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ben 10 (+AF), and Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Those are probably the Top 4 decent shows currently on air, if there are any at this point among the pitiful mess that wastes air time these days.
And especially cancel CN Real. That ruins the freakin' purpose of the network and only shows desperation, in this case. You might as well title the network "the new Fox Kids, only lame". :mad:

Bring back: NARUTO, ONE PIECE, more POKEMON reruns/eps, and more DRAGON BALL/Z/GT? reruns. And all the CN originals, as a previous poster said. WTF is wrong with you, CN? CN was an idiot for cancelling Naruto and One Piece and replacing them with crap.
CN, if you have to remove the shows I said to exclude from cancellation, DO IT. I (and probably many other Naruto fans) would take Naruto over "Ben 10" any day (including fillers). Not all of us can get Viz's DVDs, you know!

^Actually, bring back Toonami! And Teen Titans.

Introduce: More anime. Bring Digimon to the network. You might as well, since Disney doesn't care about it now. And who else is going to air it, anyway? Plus, get FMA: Brotherhood to Adult Swim (which actually fares slightly better with its content).
Naruto and One Piece? No... they need to bring back GOOD animes, not animes that are meh worthy at best. Bring back Toonami period so that Cartoon Network can return to the days of Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin. Those 2 amazing animes, airing pretty much side-by-side brought about a bright age for anime watchers. Dragonball (except GT) is a decent anime. I'm not really a fan of it by any means... but it is not detestable unlike Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

D13

Smash Ace
You forgot Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, and The Powerpuff Girls. :mad:

Toonami most certainly does need to return.

EDIT: I miss NickToons... :(
Bolded for truth. I'm not so sure about The Powerpuff Girls, though.

Aku was the greatest cartoon villain ever.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Chudat. The reason Jack got cancelled? Aku. That's how epic he is. HE TRANSCENDS THE ****ING REALM OF REALITY.

@Chris: Yu Yu Hakasho, Rurouni Kenshin, and DragonBall (not GT) all need to come back. I agree wholeheartedly with your statement, except that I found Naruto... at least tolerable.

EDIT: I don't understand why that EEnE movie hasn't aired in America yet...

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
any cartoon from the 1980-early 2000s(heck even some OLD BaW toon)

x-men, spiderman, iron man, and hulk are the only decent things on disney XD (not the funny XD >_>)

freakazoid, samurai jack dragon ball z, and basically c toons on CN/Disney/nick was my child hood

cat dog

and disney needs to stop with the ****ty teen stars >_>

phinas and ferb and total drama island/action are the ONLY great shows as of now

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Total Drama Island/Action? Pshh. It had potential, but it wasn't a great show in my opinion. It should be cancelled, or at least cancelled on CN, if you ask me.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
compared to flapjack(which i find horridly drawn and disgusting)
ben 10....no comment
and chowder(repedetive)

its the best thing on there>_>
pokemon and bakugon and batman are atlease a bit decent

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Flapjack is actually funny sometimes, as is Chowder (how is that show more repetitive than TDI, btw? >_>). Ben 10 used to be awesome before Alien Force (:urg:). Total Drama just... isn't funny, in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, Pokemon used to be a good anime, but it's declined quite a bit with recent seasons.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
true, they have their moments

the west episode in flapjack was priceless XD
chowder......im not your boy friend XD

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Cancel Cartoon Network (is isn't even really showing cartoons much now..all this reality bull..) and turn the channel into nothing but classic Toonami. That was pure unrefined win.

And for those of you saying Naruto was "canceled" It only had like... less than 10 episodes left... and the past like 100 episodes were fillers anyway..the only problem is they never planned on bringing Shippuden to our tv. :mad:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'd like it if they bring back old episodes of Scrubs since I started watching it during Season 5 or even cartoons like Beavis & Butt Head.

A show I'd like to never see is The Hills, I don't even know what's so interesting about this show.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
heres a show i think they need to cancel

zeke and luther on disney xd

arron stone

jonas

corey in the house

zack and cody

bring bak raven....... and put disney the way it was intended.....MICKY MOUSE AND CARTOONS, NOT ****TY TEEN STARS.... lol

DrPain

Smash Cadet
They already cancelled The war at home, so I can die happy.

They need to bring back Tom goes to the mayor, Beavis and butthead, Daria, Mission hill, Home movies, Sealab 2021(with cpt. murphy), Rocko's Modern Life, Twilight zone, The original batman, and Flying Circus.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Beavis and Butthead? Heh, no thanks.

@ffdgh: the last sentence of your latest post contradicts itself (bring back Raven, no more ****ty teen stars.)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Samurai Jack? Hell yes. Psych? Hell yes. Fortunately, Psych is still on the air with no plans of cancellation.

Show that should be canceled? Scrubs. It is my favorite show and I love it more than life itself, but they ended it perfectly with season 8. Bringing it back with a ninth season not only cheapens that, it won't even retain the same feel or cast as the original show; it just drives it further into the ground.

Show that should be brought back: Nowhere Man. I don't know how many of you have heard of this, but it was amazing. It only ran for one season back in the 90s before being canceled because, well, people are idiots. But I would love it if they ever continued it (which, unfortunately, will not happen).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Nowhere Man? I'll check it out.

I get more afraid every day that The Big Bang Theory will soon be canceled. :(

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
should be cancelled - cn real (premiere ratings bombed anyway), everything and anything with tom and eric

should be uncanceled- duck tales, johnny bravo (one of the few shows cn had that never went bad as the season went on), samurai jack, cyborg 009

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
they definetely need to air Cyborg Kuro-Chan again in Animax so if i go to southeast asia again id watch it over and over again XD

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
should be cancelled-the hills,the city,real house wifes(all of them) anything with abunch of random rich people with the most boring lifes ever......no one cares about seein this nonscence!!!

should be un-cancelled- dexters labratory,animaniacs,tinytoons,digimon,tom and jerry,ducktales zatchbell,ren and stempy,2 stupid dogs (lol),zelda-the animated series,ZOOM (PBS FTW!!),uhh bayblades,

lots more but these are just a few....

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
GoldShadow said:
Show that should be canceled? Scrubs. It is my favorite show and I love it more than life itself, but they ended it perfectly with season 8. Bringing it back with a ninth season not only cheapens that, it won't even retain the same feel or cast as the original show; it just drives it further into the ground.
I completely agree with everything you said here, but I do think there might be a very VERY small chance of the 9th season actually be something more than complete suckage. That is, if they do it sorta like the Interns webisodes. I liked them and if they made the whole season like that(more depth than the webisodes would be needed of course) I think it may have a chance of being enjoyable.

But like you said, them going for a 9th season totally destroyed the beauty of the supposedly final episode. Let's just hope they make the best out of it.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Timon & Bumbaa so needs to come back..
And it's one of the rare shows where I say that the Finnish dub is actually better than the original. (...Seriously.)

Hannah Montana (And anything that even remotely similar) should be cancelled. (Really.. If you think otherwise, you are a victim, and should sue your television for breaking your common sense)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Nowhere Man? I'll check it out.

I get more afraid every day that The Big Bang Theory will soon be canceled. :(
I wouldn't get too worried yet. Wikipedia says that CBS has signed them for a 3rd and 4th season already, so that's good. Gotta love that good shows can make it on a network sometimes.

Top Bottom