• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Vids! Falcon Video and Player Thread

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Best 3 minutes of my night, right there. Utilt kills are so hype <3

Vinyl did you post the same video as Z3N1TH?...

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
yeah, he posted the same thing i did lol.
but i see he is from FL probably saw it in the same group i did.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
1:02 I lost my mind lol...this video is quite inspiring.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This Robín had been giving me trouble, but i managed to land a Weak Knee to Knee setup. Sorry for the ****ty quality.

M@v

Subarashii!
Pretty late, but ill get it up now.
EDIT: Uploaded the video but forgot to post. Whoops LOL:

M@v(Falcon) vs Space Hunter (Dark Pit)
Sorry for the wobbly camera; did my best :3

Last edited:

Z3N1TH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MadZenith
3DS FC
4399-2206-0442
sick vid. Digg it.

falcon kick off stage ... not safe haha

M@v

Subarashii!
^It was meant to land on the edge of the stage, right next to the ledge, but I mis-spaced it :3

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
wooh just noticed my vid posted in this thread. glad you guys enjoyed it :D

Pretty late, but ill get it up now.
EDIT: Uploaded the video but forgot to post. Whoops LOL:

M@v(Falcon) vs Space Hunter (Dark Pit)
Sorry for the wobbly camera; did my best :3
just curious, i see you use raptor boost a lot. is it actually a good move? i usually save it for a surprise kill move, but i just haven't found it good enough to be worth using that often

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Reverse Falcon Punch + Dair to Knee. So smexy <3

I want to post my replays (at least one) here too, but I'm lazy to upload and record them, heh, and they're mostly fun or funny stuff...

... aw what the heck, here are some:

User name: BigLord
In-Game name: BigLord
3DS Friend Code: 3024-7470-9499
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: None
Country of Residence: Portugal (Lisbon)
Palette Colour: Fabulous/Golden

http://gfycat.com/WigglyGiftedCalf → I'm persistent.
http://gfycat.com/LateSecondhandHerald → I like books and reading.

I like dittos and did I already mention how much I love the new Utilt?

Dair is always ALWAYS an option.

Ok enough funny stuff, I need a critique on this video:
This Sheik gave me trouble. Can you tell me what I did wrong? Or are good Sheiks just that, err, scary?

Last edited:

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
User name: DarthLuigi36
In-Game name: Tyler
3DS Friend Code: 3823-8676-0627
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: CmonBlueFalcon
Country of Residence: USA (California)
Palette Colour: Berries n' Cream

And since we're sharing videos, here's one I did recently on For Glory.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Hey everyone! Registered my account here in 2008 and have basically not been on since then and have just been lurking, but now i have decided to become a active member with the release of smash for 3DS/WiiU!

The only video i have up right now are these fun Captain Falcon ditto matches i had on for glory mode with someone named Yami.

These are just the last 7 of all the matches we did. We were pretty even and i played better earlier, but since it's Yami who uploaded the vid i guess he saved the last couple of matches where he felt he did best. He ends up winning with 4 - 3 in this video. Best Falcon ive fought!

I (Metalekz) are Red/Gold Falcon and (Yami) are Green Falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbEeKiLMUVE

(Watch my epic ledge falcon punch at 14:29 lol)

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
A Swedish Falcon! Woohoo! The more EuroFalcon players the better :D

And yes that Falcon Punch was incredible and I'm jealous. You're good!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
A Swedish Falcon! Woohoo! The more EuroFalcon players the better :D

And yes that Falcon Punch was incredible and I'm jealous. You're good!
Haha thanks! And high five for euro Falcons! :)

Will post friendcode and such later, would be fun to play against other Falcon mains and hopefully learn how to become better!

Last edited:

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Stop spamming Falcon Kick, you have way better options.
I see what you mean, before I posted the video, I re-watched it and thought to myself,"I really need to cut down on the Falcon Kicks"

But could you name these better options?

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I see what you mean, before I posted the video, I re-watched it and thought to myself,"I really need to cut down on the Falcon Kicks"

But could you name these better options?
Short Hop Neutral Airs to close space to then get him in a grab or gentlemen. Or dash into shielding and then grab if he takes the bait. Or Dash Grabs into downthrow into U-Air. Against Little Mac you want him off the ground so grab constantly. Most little Mac players also play Brainless and simply charge all day. Just sit back and shield when hes coming for you and punish when he goes for it.

Personally I hardly ever use Falcon Kick for anything other than a tech or to get me out of the air ASAP from characters Like Zero Suit. You are just way to vulnerable. Same with the Raptor Strike but at least it has the utility for grabbing the ledge while pressuring someone to possibly not try and guard you.

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Thanks so much for the advice! I'll remember this the next time I go into For Glory.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dash grabs are so good in this game. That's what I'd do against that Little Mac. Also, dashing + shielding is solid advice, as good baiting is almost crucial against good Little Macs.

That part when Little Mac was descending and constantly using Counter? Shouldn't have used uptilt there. Safest choice would be a dash grab or a upair, but if you timed it right even a Falcon Punch could have gotten him :p

Everyone already said you Falcon Kick too much (and that's why you were KO'd, even), but don't roll too much, too! Rolling is better in SSB4 than in Brawl, but if you overdo it you'll miss out on some good punishing opportunities or even roll INTO your opponent while he's charging a down smash...

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Alright then! I'm back with a new video. I had a close one today with a Peach.I'll have to learn these match-ups if I want to have a chance in For Glory.(Sorry about the TV background noise, I'll try to record in a different room for any future matches.)
One question: Is a dash attack to up air a good tactic?

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dash attack to up air is a very good approach, but don't forget it's punishable if the opponent simply shield-grabs it. You should mix it up with dash grabs or even with fastfall uair/nair. Or even just rely on speed. If you're close to your opponent and you're fast enough, since you're playing online, you can just dashgrab/dashattack him and he simply won't have enough time to react.

Regarding your video, I like your approaches a LOT more this time, but you could have used Falcon Kick once or twice, you know :lol: be careful with f-smash! You got lucky, but it's very punishable. And dash attack to uair doesn't end there: you can very often add more uairs (or nairs) to that combo. Keep going, you're improving!

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Dash attack to up air is a very good approach, but don't forget it's punishable if the opponent simply shield-grabs it. You should mix it up with dash grabs or even with fastfall uair/nair. Or even just rely on speed. If you're close to your opponent and you're fast enough, since you're playing online, you can just dashgrab/dashattack him and he simply won't have enough time to react.

Regarding your video, I like your approaches a LOT more this time, but you could have used Falcon Kick once or twice, you know :lol: be careful with f-smash! You got lucky, but it's very punishable. And dash attack to uair doesn't end there: you can very often add more uairs (or nairs) to that combo. Keep going, you're improving!
Thanks for the advice BigLord! I really feel like I'm getting stronger. And I been playing For Glory more often.

But anyway, here's my video today, and this time I'm giving out three videos.:roll:
Here's my first one:
Not much to say about this one for me. The Ike here was pretty predicable. I managed to pull a string of hit that did a lot of damage. Was able to rip through this one:smash:.
I was able to control the match at first, but at his second stock, Toon Link started getting unpredictable. Or should I say hard to approach. I always get a little tense when dealing with characters with projectiles. I could use some advice for dealing with that.

Since this was a Falcon ditto, I took this one very seriously. There was lots of lag so I wasn't able to play at my best. Looking at back at the replay I don't think it hindered me too much. Oh and I was playing as the blue-orange Falcon. Just too avoid confusion:laugh:.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
User name: Gardex
In-Game name: Gardex
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1617-4394
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Gardex
Country of Residence: Norway
Palette Colour: Blue (Not the standard)
Message: Ya'll better start uploading Falcon results on the Smashboards rankings, we gotta work together to pull the Falcon up to the top

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
So I found a thing
I don't know if this was posted but whatever.
I found this after i learn that Wario had a "bad grab release animation" (whatever that means :s) from the people in the Wario boards while I was lurking about.
Not not sure if grab release Knee is guaranteed but I'm pretty sure the Grabber lease uair is. Needs testing.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if people know about this, but Falcon sometimes recover his jumps after up b. It has happen to me twice, and it happens when i get hit twice after an up b. Needs more testing.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
User name: Holychicken
In-Game name: †chicken
3DS Friend Code: 0662-5150-9871
Country of Residence: Wisconsin, USA
Palette Colour: Green
Message: Having patience with improvements, and trying to figure out where and how to make them.

Last edited:

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman

here's some of my games
first and the 3rd game's last kill's probably going to be seen more often in the future, falcon truly is sexy

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I'm back!! Not that anyone missed me T.T
Been playing alot of pm lately (3.5 tho) I'm getting back into smash 4, maybe I'll post a vid so y'all can see how gawdlike bad I am :laugh:

I also wanted to say that the thing in my vid does not really work, they can act before the knee comes out.
Grab release uair tho
·3·

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Ya'll should check out Grim Turtle's videos on youtube. So far he's one of the few falcons placing high competitively and constantly facing some good Sheik and Robin players.

Top Bottom