• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Vids! Falcon Video and Player Thread

Top Skuttler

Smash Rookie
User name: Top Skuttler
In-Game name: Sol
3DS Friend Code: 0834 - 2991 - 9052
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: I do not own a Wii U
Country of Residence: England
Palette Colour: Pink & White
Message: I enjoy doing YOLO offstage Raptor Boosts, Falcon Punches and wicked combos. Not a high level player, but I've got some good styles.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
This isn't JUST Captain Falcon but it's mostly Captain Falcon so I'll post it here. Nair into footstool is amazingly underused. It's so easy to do and it happens so much more often than you might expect now.

(P10er25)

Smash Rookie
360 Falcon Punches (and Warlock Punches)
I'm not sure if this is something that people know they can do, but I have never seen anyone use this against me, so I figured that I should show someone because it makes for some really fun Falcon Punches. All I am doing is a turnaround Falcon Punch then reversing the punch after it's started. This tech is not very useful for competitive play because it's for Falcon Punches, but it's still fun to mess around with. I made a Alpharad style video not too long ago that showcases this tech, so I'll link that below. It is on the 3ds and quite a long time ago, but the tech still works the same.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Just saw these matches and figured it's worth posting cause Haze's Falcon is really good.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I feel like I didn't explain enough stuff in my last video, so I've got more juicy numbers for y'all in this video since some folks wanted a deeper understanding of how this stuff works.
I'm also just shilling for myself

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It's been a while since I posted here.
Here's one of my replays from an Anther's match. The rest of them either were too long or I didn't use Falcon. Feel free to critique me.

Matichu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matichu
Hello guys, this is a match with a player of Chile. Called TMP| J
5 techs hahah

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Here's one of my replays from an Anther's match. The rest of them either were too long or I didn't use Falcon. Feel free to critique me.
The biggest thing I can tell you there is that you need learn how to fox trot cancel. Falcon has the best fox trot in the game and you are limiting yourself if you don't learn to do it. It's not to hard to get the timing down, and once you do, its muscle memory. Also, don't fsmash when the opponent isn't in kill percent. That and SH more. Bair, nair, and uair are very good for shorthopping as they barely have landing lag.

Hello guys, this is a match with a player of Chile. Called TMP| J
5 techs hahah
Did that register as a 3 hit combo?

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
-You shouldn't be approaching from the air so much, but if you are, use bair.
-less f-tilts.
-At 0:56 and at 1:31 you where punished for landing on stage, you should be going for the ledge 90% of the time (it's safer).
-1:04 don't do that (1:05)
-Random side b is not usually a good idea
-Shield more (run>shield) 2:36
Your opponent was using shield pretty well, you could watch your matches and take note of when he shields.
I hope this helps (somehow)

I tried ;-;

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
HFlash HFlash Ramz289 Ramz289 Thanks for the critique! I also have another video uploaded of an Anther's match, but I only went Falcon one of the games.
I'm proud of the way I took the second stock.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Again, fox trot, and SH more, alot more. It's not too hard to do, and it'll help your Falcon tremendously.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
I wouldn't say foxtrot is all that hard to do, but short hopping is definitely a fundamental to smash, and Falcon has one of the best SH games in Smash 4. Particularly with Bair.

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
ntarps ntarps
Sorry for the late reply, stuff going on.
-Use Bair
-I noticed in the beginning when he made it on stage, you moved back to center stage and then moved further back, giving him the hole stage for free. The something kinda happened at 1:22, kinda.
-More Bair
-1:08 you're a mad man lol
-You have the same habit that I do where you try to trot dance without shielding much, I'm working on fixing that.
-Bair? Bair.
-We don't need talk about those falconkicks, do we?
-B A I R

Trot dance+pivots+dash>shield+Bair+dashattack/dashgrab is the future
Take what i say with a grain of salt (excep the part where I tell you use more bair), I'm better at theiry fighter than i am at smash.

I wouldn't say foxtrot is all that hard to do, but short hopping is definitely a fundamental to smash, and Falcon has one of the best SH games in Smash 4. Particularly with Bair.
I mean fundamentals in the sense of knowing what to do in a match. Knowing when to retreat, when to approach, when to shield, when to throw out a move and how to space your moves. Knowing how watch your opponent. Watch them for habits you can exploit, figure out what there game plan is and how to stop it. Developing a game plan and executing it. Acting with purpose and not doing something for the sake of doing something (basically don't autopilot [I'm working on this too].).
These are the things a newer player needs to work on, and the only way to learn is by playing the game.
Sorry I'm rambling, I have a screen cap I could have posted instead of writing all this.
Holy crap this is huge.
Fundamentals first, tech skill after.

I hope this doesn't come off as offensive or anything.

Last edited:

Frostykeys

Smash Rookie
Hi, I haven't posted here before but I would like some feedback on my falcon please. This match is against Taka on smashladder. Please critique me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvo-zeBRtQ

Edit: I know that last stock was scrubby on my part and I did a panic dair followed by a panic airdodge but other than that play, what do you think?

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman

huehuehuehuehue

Hi, I haven't posted here before but I would like some feedback on my falcon please. This match is against Taka on smashladder. Please critique me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvo-zeBRtQ

Edit: I know that last stock was scrubby on my part and I did a panic dair followed by a panic airdodge but other than that play, what do you think?
-Bair is Falcon's best spacing move and should be used often.

-Use shield in neutral. You only shield when you're in a bad position like when you're at the edge (0:20), after whiffing a grab/move (0:42, 1:22) or when you're on a platform (0:36). Dash>shield is a good approach as it lets you close the distance somewhat safely and make your opponent not to throw out sloppy moves (dem falcon kicks do) or they'll get punished.

-When you shield, you doge or jump out a lot. You can act out of Shield quickly in this game, so jab or dtilt are good when you think someone is gonna run up and grab or something.

-0:28 nice fade back to avoid the edge guard.

-0:55 and 1:37 in situation like these punish with grab

-Work on your punish game overall. Most of your damage came from single hits instead of any real string or follow ups.

Hopes this helps.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh Noooo!! Now you all can see how bad i am D:

I should probably take some of the advice I gave lol (particularly the shield stuff I said).
I want say that I only really play for glory for the character conquest, pretty much every knee was supposed to be uair/nair and that the lag was eating my dance trot inputs.
I hope all the knowledgeable Falcons that posted here come back from the lady's room or where ever they are >:|

And in case some people haven't seen victra's old Falcon guide:
http://smashboards.com/threads/detailed-guide-for-a-tournament-level-falcon.371537/

99% of the stuff in here still applies, so give a read when you can.

Last edited:

CorinVid

Smash Rookie
NNID
CorinVid
Made a combo video that's mostly Falcon recently, hope you guys enjoy. It's not great and there's a lot I need to work on but I figured I'd share anyway.

Sorry if multi-character vids aren't appropriate for here

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
So, this video shows the potential of heavy punishes and reads from Falcon in doubles. I get punished frequently but me and my partner still roflstomp through the opponent team due to us being in the right place at the right time in a few instances.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Today, I decided to add Captain Falcon to my roster; I'm not dissapointed with this decision.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
So my little little brother had something weird happen to him weeks ago (before Cloud's release and its following patch):

Is it normal for Kirby to die by a raptor boost at 53%?

Last edited:
Top Bottom