• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think we should switch over to MyBB. I have lost respect for phpBB over the years.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
After spending a lot of time making it so that Episode 1 is to my liking, it's going to be a couple hours before the full video is finalized. I'd prefer to sleep, actually.

So first thing tomorrow, I'll provide you guys with audio and video links. I'm really excited - I'm much happier with this episode compared to the pilot and hopefully you all will feel the same.

Plus, when I post those links, I will be moving this thread to the Light House forum. It just doesn't belong in General Brawl anymore. Not to mention, maybe we'll catch the eyes of newer viewers?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Revven

FrankerZ
Good episode, really enjoyed it, kinda disappointed you didn't make a soft mention about what Phantom Wings is working on for Brawl (it's something craaaazy amazing). But I guess you probably can't talk about anything hacking related unfortunately (even if it is as cool as what PW is working on).

I lol'd at Panda's constant nays towards Wuhu Island as a mascot, I actually predicted he'd add one more nay when he was done saying it (it was kinda obvious). And LOL at your hand motions when Panda would be talking, do it more often! (Like when he said Sunshine you made a rainbow XD).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh man... Youko showed my match against HugS from January 2006. XD

"Yeah, I was a competitive smasher!" *loses a lot* ^_^

I couldn't even L-cancel back then. Hahaha.

But I loved the show.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Good episode. Putting the split screen effect made it SO much better. No criticism at all, very well done.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Later today on Stickam!
http://stickam.com/smyn

07/28/2009 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Eastern Time
Title : Metroid Prime Playthrough
Description: From getting the Spider Ball after beating Thardus to...who knows when!

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
have you guys seen IGN's article yet on Nintendo's earnings?

IF you're ticked off at Nintendo for some reason or another, all I have to say is: Payback's a b***h.

Also, where's Panda going for Med school?

Darkurai

Smash Master
have you guys seen IGN's article yet on Nintendo's earnings?

IF you're ticked off at Nintendo for some reason or another, all I have to say is: Payback's a b***h.

Also, where's Panda going for Med school?
Sure, don't drop a link or anything.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Posted this on the show's Twitter and Facebook pages, but here goes.

I'm starting to outline Episode 2, which I'm hoping will be recorded in the next couple days. Do you guys have any topics that should be covered from the past couple weeks in gaming?

Also, we need COMMERCIALS, real or fake, to be made to put in between the breaks. Get your stuff see on the show! See details in the original post. I'd rather not put brief game trailers in, but if I don't get anything, that's what it will have to be.

Finally, this episode's game is "POSSESSION"! Evil spirits are lurking and we will be mediums for gaming figures! How eerie...

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
If you're only just hearing of the video part now, yeah you have been gone a while. Where were you?
I have a VERY short attention span, as you can see from how long it took me to respond. I came back because I wanted a the podcast's opinion of new games. I saw the pilot, and now I think I might buy Wii Sports: Resort.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Recording tonight.

On tap for Ep 2: 2010 Delays, Casual Digital, Amazon PS3 Slim, 11-Year-Old Contra Hater, and Bowling Periph! Plus Comic-Con and POSSESSION!

GET YOUR COMMERCIALS IN! smynshow (AT) gmail (DOT) com

aznfreak13

Smash Cadet
What happen to the Falconmon Pokemon video and not the smosh version. Did it get sued by whoever owns Pokemon? I can't find any post/topic using the search feature, and I do not want to go through 850 pages in this thread looking for the answer.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
What happen to the Falconmon Pokemon video and not the smosh version. Did it get sued by whoever owns Pokemon? I can't find any post/topic using the search feature, and I do not want to go through 850 pages in this thread looking for the answer.
If it's not the videos Youko linked, how about this? Made by the one and only Spork-Ninja-Draken! (Where the hell has he been?)

*cough* By the way, I made that Smosh video. Heh.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this is relevent or not b/c I'm new to this thread:

http://www.destructoid.com/rev-rant-fun-isn-t-enough-142052.phtml

"If you think that games should just be fun, you are a coward." :laugh:

What a weird sense of fun. I agree with the guy, that games need to branch out, but I do not believe we agree in the direction games should branch out towards. See, I think games are already way to story driven and serious as it is, and need to get away from that.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm not sure if this is relevent or not b/c I'm new to this thread:

http://www.destructoid.com/rev-rant-fun-isn-t-enough-142052.phtml

"If you think that games should just be fun, you are a coward." :laugh:

What a weird sense of fun. I agree with the guy, that games need to branch out, but I do not believe we agree in the direction games should branch out towards. See, I think games are already way to story driven and serious as it is, and need to get away from that.
That video is fantastic. People who believe that games are strictly for "fun" are crazy. Granted, you should not continue playing a game unless you are having fun, but games are not slave to this idea of having a party.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That video is fantastic. People who believe that games are strictly for "fun" are crazy. Granted, you should not continue playing a game unless you are having fun, but games are not slave to this idea of having a party.
My criticism of the commentator is his defining of Mad World and Gears of War as not serious games. Games are very cinematic these days, and it seems like the commentator believes games should branch out beyond the action genre of movies, even though games are not movies. However, what you will notice of the best selling games of this generation is that they take the opposite stance - Nintendogs, New Super Mario Bros., Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii are incredibly different than his percieved serious direction, stances so radically different they defy mere genre distinctions.

Video games are a buisness first and foremost. If titles like flower and psychonauts don't sell, it's because the customer doesn't want them. And if the customer doesn't want something, it shouldn't be made.

Top Bottom